• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
No, sadly trhere's still like 4 people in the world that think he has a chance.

Tonight's update definately deconfirms Ness, because he wa sonly good for that one event with Coin Mode, and since he's not in the one for Brawl, he's out.
ummm....maybe sakurai just didn't show him yet? you can't (dis)prove anything with arguments like this.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Dont go Ness
Dont go Ness
Dont go Ness
Dont go Ness
**** you LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I gess thats Sakuri trying to avoid clones.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean so what, ITS A BIG DEAL!!!

I will also beat the ****aki Mushrooms out of Lucas.
i know its a big deal but did you really need to post this here? that was useless.

i think every Ness supotters/fanboys/people who want him in, are gonna beat the crap out of Lucas.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i know its a big deal but did you really need to post this here? that was useless.

i think every Ness supotters/fanboys/people who want him in, are gonna beat the crap out of Lucas.
nooo...I support and love Ness but im also going love Lucas as well (^^)v...in the most non-sexual way possible of course (^^)v

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is still cool even if Ness gets replaced. At first i didnt like the idea of it but Lucas grew on me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea, its just some people cannot accept the fact that Ness is likely not going to return.

trulomb@rdi

Smash Rookie
I DONT MEAN TO ARGUE BUT A PUN IS A HUMOROUS PLAY ON WORDS AND
"SO LONG NESS" MONSTER is clearly a play on loch ness monster....but i do wih it was enough room for both of them....or enough creativity for both of them....that would b nice

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
lol, I never knew what the meaning of the title was until now. I was like, ok Ness is gone, but I don't get the cretivity in it?

EPX2

Smash Ace
No, sadly trhere's still like 4 people in the world that think he has a chance.

Tonight's update definately deconfirms Ness, because he wa sonly good for that one event with Coin Mode, and since he's not in the one for Brawl, he's out.

I swear, people look at the most insignificant, ridiculous things to declare that a character is (not) in the game.

"OMG, LOOK AT THE CLOUD IN THE ARENA IN THE FIRST SUBSPACE EMISSARY TRAILER. IT'S SHAPED LIKE A POTATO. IRELAND SUFFERED A POTATO FAMINE BACK IN THE 19TH CENTURY. THERE ARE 100 YEARS IN A CENTURY. A POPULAR, TRADITIONAL CHINESE DELICACY IS THE HUNDRED-YEAR EGG. YOSHI LAYS EGGS, AS DOES BIRDO. BIRDO CONFIRMED!"

"WHOA, DID YOU SEE THE GLARE IN MARIO'S EYE WHEN HE SET OFF THE MARIO FINALE?! IT REMINDS ME OF THE LIGHT FROM SAMUS' CHARGE SHOT. TO PERFORM THE INFAMOUS E. HONDA FLYING HEADBUTT, YOU HAVE TO CHARGE LEFT FOR A FEW SECONDS. TOAD RUNS LEFT IN THE FIRST STAGE OF ADVENTURE MODE IN MELEE. SAKURAI OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T INDIRECTLY CONFIRM A CHARACTER OUTSIDE OF A PROPER UPDATE, SO TOAD IS DECONFIRMED!"

It reminds me of those ridiculous action movies where someone can determine where the villain is going to stage their final attack by finding a toothpick on the sidewalk.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman

I swear, people look at the most insignificant, ridiculous things to declare that a character is (not) in the game.

"OMG, LOOK AT THE CLOUD IN THE ARENA IN THE FIRST SUBSPACE EMISSARY TRAILER. IT'S SHAPED LIKE A POTATO. IRELAND SUFFERED A POTATO FAMINE BACK IN THE 19TH CENTURY. THERE ARE 100 YEARS IN A CENTURY. A POPULAR, TRADITIONAL CHINESE DELICACY IS THE HUNDRED-YEAR EGG. YOSHI LAYS EGGS, AS DOES BIRDO. BIRDO CONFIRMED!"

"WHOA, DID YOU SEE THE GLARE IN MARIO'S EYE WHEN HE SET OFF THE MARIO FINALE?! IT REMINDS ME OF THE LIGHT FROM SAMUS' CHARGE SHOT. TO PERFORM THE INFAMOUS E. HONDA FLYING HEADBUTT, YOU HAVE TO CHARGE LEFT FOR A FEW SECONDS. TOAD RUNS LEFT IN THE FIRST STAGE OF ADVENTURE MODE IN MELEE. SAKURAI OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T INDIRECTLY CONFIRM A CHARACTER OUTSIDE OF A PROPER UPDATE, SO TOAD IS DECONFIRMED!"

It reminds me of those ridiculous action movies where someone can determine where the villain is going to stage their final attack by finding a toothpick on the sidewalk.
QFT.
Personally, I go with the "Luigi is to Mario as Lucas is to Ness" argument, as far as similar Specials go, but I say he is Plausible, neither Confirmed nor Busted yet.
Also I can't believe people are still clinging to the whole "until now" misnomer.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Someone should change the name of this thread to The Offical Ness Discussion, seeing as the old one is populated by trolls.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel

......You know, even though that was against me, that was pretty funny.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

This is far from your exagerated examples. Sakurai said for Melee that he wanted Ness out and to put Lucas in his place. It seems now he's doing it for Brawl.

Sakurai said "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." People can say that it doesn't deconfim him, and some even said that it actually CONFIRMS Ness because his name is in the sentence or soemthing, but this clearly says that Ness is not in Brawl.

Lucas and Ness have the same moves, except for the Yo-yo and Snake. Some people think that Ness could come back as a clone, but Sakurai already said no clones.

There are three huge factors that scream Ness deconfirmed all over them. Every possible bit of info that suggests Ness could be in is debunked. Seriously, there's no argument in saying Ness could still be in.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
The only way I could see Ness STILL being in would be if they give him and entirely NEW moveset or they actually opt to include some clones.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." People can say that it doesn't deconfim him, and some even said that it actually CONFIRMS Ness because his name is in the sentence or soemthing, but this clearly says that Ness is not in Brawl.

Lucas and Ness have the same moves, except for the Yo-yo and Snake. Some people think that Ness could come back as a clone, but Sakurai already said no clones.
Show me again where he says "Ness is not in Brawl".

and show me where it says his moves are the same. Besides his specials (*coughluigicough*) and his forward smash, I haven't seen any moves that looked the same. We don't even know most of his attacks!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i agree with gargo....sides if any one was to be declared as aclone (or maybe a luigi) it would be Lucas..........but regardless i love the guy....he's my home boy XDDD

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
OK, you keep disappearing for like a month at a time! Good to see you. But sadly, the arguementmust continue.
i know XDD.....im sorry i have a busted computer and i was at a friends house without internet acsess ....yeah XDDD...and yup the argument still goes on XDDDDDDDDDDD

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Show me again where he says "Ness is not in Brawl".

and show me where it says his moves are the same. Besides his specials (*coughluigicough*) and his forward smash, I haven't seen any moves that looked the same. We don't even know most of his attacks!

You guys can't really say Luigi is a clone. They're doing FLUDD and (assumed) Poltergeist 3000 to help differentiate them, but there's only so much you can do, seeing as they're both important characters to Nintendo that need to be represented and Brawl and have spend their whole lifespans being near clones of each other.

You know which quote says he's not in Brawl, but I guarantee you will say that it doesn't mean anything. We also saw his F Air, I believe, which is the same as Ness's.

Trying to mix the meaning or words around to your advantage, if you pronounce them really fast and turn your head to the side and squint your eyes as you read them, doesn't change the meaning of what Sakurai said.

Top Bottom