• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yep, it's very possible that he'll get cut.
But nothing has been confirmed, so there's no reason to assume so yet.

By that logic, we shouldn't rule Goombas out because they haven't been announced yet.

Sakurai's comment about Ness not being in this game is more than a confirmation for me.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
By that logic, we shouldn't rule Goombas out because they haven't been announced yet.

Sakurai's comment about Ness not being in this game is more than a confirmation for me.
He never said anything about Ness being out, and comparing Goombas to ness is stupid.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
He never said anything about Ness being out, and comparing Goombas to ness is stupid.
Yes he did. He said that Ness was in 64 and Melee, and hes not in Brawl. "there is a character named Ness that has appeared in the Smash series up until now" or something like that.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
give it up dude, ness is 98% likely to be replaced by lucas and stay gone
Link whoever said that Lucas is the luigified Ness is right, though if and hopefully when Ness returns he'd have a new moveset though...which isn't all that bad.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
That's doesn't necessarily mean he's out, it just means he hasn't been confirmed yet.
lol, yes it does. Sakura said UNTIL NOW. Meaning that he is not in the smash series at this point. I forgot which language, but one of the dojo sites, translated, give an even more definative description of Ness being gone.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
lol, yes it does. Sakura said UNTIL NOW. Meaning that he is not in the smash series at this point. I forgot which language, but one of the dojo sites, translated, give an even more definative description of Ness being gone.
Still you can't say that Ness is out until we either see the entire roster or Sakurai basically says Ness is out.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Still you can't say that Ness is out until we either see the entire roster or Sakurai basically says Ness is out.
Are you not reading what I said? Sakura did say he was out. You can't confirm it anymore than it already is. If Sakura says Pichu isn't coming, are you going to tell me he can still be in it until the entire roster is revealed?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Are you not reading what I said? Sakura did say he was out. You can't confirm it anymore than it already is. If Sakura says Pichu isn't coming, are you going to tell me he can still be in it until the entire roster is revealed?
Are you reading what i said? Sakurai didn't say anything about Ness being gone, if you had a brain you'd be able to understand that that statement can go the otherway as well and just mean he hasn't been confirmed yet.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Please explain, how that statement could possibly say he's in but not confirmed yet.

I just assume the sentence meant "Hey, you know that guy Ness? He was in the first two games, but guess what? He's not in Brawl."

Let's compare that sentence:

"I drove to the store for the past two months, until today." Does that mean that I did't drive to the store today, or does it mean that I'm going to drive later, but just haven't done it yet? Yea, exactly.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Well whatever i'm not gonna argue with you cause your annoying i just hope that Ness is atleast an Assist Trophy so he's still in the game. He could appear and use PSI Pockin Omega on the other fighters.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
I found this online:

I dont see what the bid deal is, Ness just got a physical makeover to accompany his move makeover. Ness mains will just have to get used to Lucas. I sure he plays the same way!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Are you reading what i said? Sakurai didn't say anything about Ness being gone, if you had a brain you'd be able to understand that that statement can go the otherway as well and just mean he hasn't been confirmed yet.
No, it's the TENSE.

"Up until now he's lived in Paris"

Is NOT the same as:

"Up until now he was living in Paris"

The present tense + Up Until Now denotes a continuity that hasn't stopped.

The past tense + Up Until Now denotes a continuity which stopped in the present.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well whatever i'm not gonna argue with you cause your annoying i just hope that Ness is atleast an Assist Trophy so he's still in the game. He could appear and use PSI Pockin Omega on the other fighters.
People aren't annopying just because they don't agree with you.

He could be an AT, but he definately won't be a PC. My guess is Ness will have a pallete-swap costume with black hair with a blue and yellow shirt.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
People aren't annopying just because they don't agree with you.

He could be an AT, but he definately won't be a PC. My guess is Ness will have a pallete-swap costume with black hair with a blue and yellow shirt.
No he's saying yur annoying because yur confirming that Ness is out period....not because ppl think Ness might not have a good chance makinf it..but because YOU say he wont be at all

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
I think Ness has a chance just like everyone else to be in....its the same for ridley, isaac, geno, midna, etc....they all have an equal chance....we dont know whats going on in sakurais head....

plus, i had a dream last night of playing brawl (freaky, i know)...and ness was still in it....haha

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think Ness has a chance just like everyone else to be in....its the same for ridley, isaac, geno, midna, etc....they all have an equal chance....we dont know whats going on in sakurais head....

plus, i had a dream last night of playing brawl (freaky, i know)...and ness was still in it....haha
xactly what i say (^^)v

also there's nothing wrong of dream playing brawl

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
No he's saying yur annoying because yur confirming that Ness is out period....not because ppl think Ness might not have a good chance makinf it..but because YOU say he wont be at all

No, I don't say he's out because I think so. 99% of this forum KNOWS he's out because SAKURAI said so.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ok, I don't have the exact percentage, but there is a small group of 10 people on the forum that thinks Ness still has a chance, while most people know he's out.

And you guys know what the proof is. It was Sakurai saying on the Dojo that Ness won't be in Brawl. You guys just like to say that it doesn't mean anything, or it means he's confirmed, but hasn't gotten an update yet, or whatever it is you say to add to your denial that he's gone.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Ok, i'm sure i'm not the only person who has the high hopes with pie, for Ness to return. I don't use him, ever, but its still one little Computer player that i have become accostumed to and to see that 'Pk Fire' vanish, it'll be a glorious day but also sad because he was a ******. Its illegal to annex a ******.

99% of the forums, you asked EVERY SINGLE PERSON, did the figures and came with that number.. nice. Theres people who sign up and don't do anything afterwards, but we still got them to be on your side, conspiracy? Probably.

All i'm saying is with the comment made about Ness being here until now, it just meant to THAT DAY since he wasn't announced, but the tone of it could seem like its holding suspense 'AND VOILA! PK FIRE!'

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
And you guys know what the proof is. It was Sakurai saying on the Dojo that Ness won't be in Brawl.
You mean that one line as explained at the beginning of this thread? Well, then look up another of my posts in this thread, cause if you read it properly it doesn't confirm anything.

You guys just like to say that it doesn't mean anything, or it means he's confirmed, but hasn't gotten an update yet, or whatever it is you say to add to your denial that he's gone.
And the reason he hasn't gotten an update yet? Could be various reasons, but I'm assuming it's because he'll be a secret character again, just like Captain Falcon.

There hasn't been an official confirmation at all, they're hints at best.

In conclusion, I'm not gonna deny that Ness has a good chance of being cut... but to accept that one line as proof is just idiocy.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I wouldn't suspect him not returning just yet, remember how he was unlockable in ssb64? Well The thing that makes me still have hope in his return is the fact that Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Jigglypuff haven't been confirmed yet. So he and the rest of the unlockable 4 of ssb64 may all return as unlockable characters again.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Ok, i'm sure i'm not the only person who has the high hopes with pie, for Ness to return. I don't use him, ever, but its still one little Computer player that i have become accostumed to and to see that 'Pk Fire' vanish, it'll be a glorious day but also sad because he was a ******. Its illegal to annex a ******.

99% of the forums, you asked EVERY SINGLE PERSON, did the figures and came with that number.. nice. Theres people who sign up and don't do anything afterwards, but we still got them to be on your side, conspiracy? Probably.

All i'm saying is with the comment made about Ness being here until now, it just meant to THAT DAY since he wasn't announced, but the tone of it could seem like its holding suspense 'AND VOILA! PK FIRE!'
how can Ness be a ****** if he's 13 yrs old? Lol But i understand and agree what yur saying though

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't suspect him not returning just yet, remember how he was unlockable in ssb64? Well The thing that makes me still have hope in his return is the fact that Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Jigglypuff haven't been confirmed yet. So he and the rest of the unlockable 4 of ssb64 may all return as unlockable characters again.
yeah,but i have a theory that states that in a fighting game, a character who was an unlockable and then on the next game became a starter won't be unlockable again!:ohwell:

say a fighting game were my theory don't happen!

jamesbuc

Smash Rookie
yeah,but i have a theory that states that in a fighting game, a character who was an unlockable and then on the next game became a starter won't be unlockable again!:ohwell:

say a fighting game were my theory don't happen!
Jigglypuff and Luigi say otherwise

jamesbuc

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff and Luigi have never been starters...
No thats not what it meant. It meant if a character is locked in the first game then in the next one they will be unlocked.

SSB - SSBM. I was just giving an example of why that isnt true

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
No thats not what it meant. It meant if a character is locked in the first game then in the next one they will be unlocked.

SSB - SSBM. I was just giving an example of why that isnt true
He didn't mean that either. He means a character that is an unlockable, that becomes a starter, does not RETURN to being an unlockable. Meaning since Ness became a starter in Melee, he wouldn't be an unlockable character in Brawl.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
He didn't mean that either. He means a character that is an unlockable, that becomes a starter, does not RETURN to being an unlockable. Meaning since Ness became a starter in Melee, he wouldn't be an unlockable character in Brawl.
Maybe that's why Lucas will be a starter, with mostly Ness' old moves (that were actually his).
And Ness will return to being an unlockable character with a new and original moveset.

Can't say it's impossible. ;)

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
hum....yeah chi really got what i said thanks! =D

@Kirby Kong:you just didn't read what i said? i know it isn't absolute truth but hey,i just can't see Ness
being an unlockable again....

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
hum....yeah chi really got what i said thanks! =D

@Kirby Kong:you just didn't read what i said? i know it isn't absolute truth but hey,i just can't see Ness
being an unlockable again....
me neither....but then again...Sakurai IS the creator of the game and his methods of creating games is unpredictable (^^)v

Top Bottom