• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there AR for cstick in single player?

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Nope. Unless you wanna play on some odd stage but with the debug off. I was thinking about figuring out how to wire a GCC c-stick to signal as an A button. Kinda like using a macro on a thrid party controller. Getting a hold of one of those is probably your best option if you can find one that allows you to macro inputs on the cstick. If you do find one then tell me please.

Also does anyone have an ARMax they are will to sell for a decent price? Online prices are out of control. If I had a Wii I would just get an SD card and download ARMax and do the hack.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
M2k, just wondering, why do you want to use the C-stick in training mode?

I'm wondering because it might be easier to simply do "whatever it is you want to do" in multiplayer (so you have the c-stick), and then use AR to hack it so you can make the CPUs stand still, or make the time to be like 1/4th or whatever.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Only way to see the hitboxes is with the Debug Menu's develop mode. The C-stick can't be used in that mode.

I checked google and other sites and no, there is no code that lets you use C-stick in 1-player mode in any version.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
No, the "code" for it is not something that can be done with AR and is instead done with editing game script by getting the disk on your cpu and running it in dolphin... nobody will ever put the time necessary into it in order to use c stick in single player =(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
umnm.... doesn't AR essentially modify the game files for one system boot using the AR's RAM?

tubes

Smash Ace
If we ever tried to make Melee+, the finished product would be Melee with C-sticks in single player.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
OMG DO WANT.

I love randomly playing single player, but the lack of c-stick really gets to me. I mean, what the **** was Nintendo thinking with the whole "zoom in/out" thing? Seriously? It's retarted.

C-stick in training mode would be nice too ; _ ;

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OMG DO WANT.

I love randomly playing single player, but the lack of c-stick really gets to me. I mean, what the **** was Nintendo thinking with the whole "zoom in/out" thing? Seriously? It's retarted.

C-stick in training mode would be nice too ; _ ;
It's nowhere near as ******** as the last match in All-Star mode. 5 G&W's at a time is simply unfair.

billbaggins

Smash Rookie
No, the "code" for it is not something that can be done with AR and is instead done with editing game script by getting the disk on your cpu and running it in dolphin... nobody will ever put the time necessary into it in order to use c stick in single player =(
Soooo does said "code" or "hack" exist? Even if only for dolphin? Post was a little ambiguous and I got some hopes up.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
a modded melee should include c-stick in single player, and improved AI. Specifically, modified algorithms for when a CPU techs. I've been wanting to train my reaction to techs, but I don't get to play against real people as often as I'd like to.

<_<

Textures suck.

luno

Smash Rookie
to be honest the only way i see as a hardware level hack to make the c stick work in single player would be to tuck a small ATTiny128 board inside the controller, piggybacking off the c-stick pins, and have it generate spoofed a button and directional i/o.

is it really worth that amount of effort though? i mean, if you guys really want i can start designing a board and looking at the possibility of being able to do a retrofit like this..

but it's probably not worth it... what do you think?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
If we ever tried to make Melee+, the finished product would be Melee with C-sticks in single player.
This is the best post I have ever read.
On topic: It would be absolutely incredible to be able to use the C-stick in single-player modes. I've always wondered what the hell Nintendo was smoking when they mapped camera control to it. The game's camera is fine. Don't eff with it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
@Manalord, lol you act like its near impossible to acheive this. While it's true that people don't want to put in the work, the code is definetely possible (WITHOUT YEARS OF DOLPHIN USE? wtf?). I imagine you'd just have to change a few controller behaviors.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
The only reason HRC is so difficult is no c-stick. Tons of muscle memory to not fastfall after a bat drop when trying to down-air.

Can't you buffer smash attacks by pressing A first and then the smash direction on the next frame so you don't input any movement?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if M2K didnt make this thread, it would have half the replies lol.

i think u can patch the iso to change the input methods to make the c stick act as "a plus direction". but thats a wild guess, im just a retired psp hacker. *shrugs*

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
btw tipman, you can't run AR on the wii, period. sorry, it just doesn't work.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
to be honest the only way i see as a hardware level hack to make the c stick work in single player would be to tuck a small ATTiny128 board inside the controller, piggybacking off the c-stick pins, and have it generate spoofed a button and directional i/o.

is it really worth that amount of effort though? i mean, if you guys really want i can start designing a board and looking at the possibility of being able to do a retrofit like this..

but it's probably not worth it... what do you think?
Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it
Do it

DO IT

Dacvak

Smash Ace
FYI to mods:
Mew2King didn't actually make this thread. I did. I'm his roommate, Dac. I was unaware that I was auto-signed in on his computer and thought I was using my account.

Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but I guess it's against the rules or something?

Edit: Lol, ok, apparently there was no problem.

Vegard

Smash Lord
FYI to mods:
Mew2King didn't actually make this thread. I did. I'm his roommate, Dac. I was unaware that I was auto-signed in on his computer and thought I was using my account.

Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but I guess it's against the rules or something?

Edit: Lol, ok, apparently there was no problem.
lol you should do that more often, easy way to get more attention :p

Top Bottom