• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Snake a More Broken/Overall Better Character Than Metaknight!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmash43

Smash Cadet
Ok I've come to the conclusion that Snake is actually more broken than Metaknight. I know a lot of you guys here will disagree and possibly even bash me for that statement, but I've got got good reasons to believe and argue that Snake is EVEN more broken than Metakinght. Here are a few of them (I've got many more!) :

Attacks

1) Even Snake's NEUTRAL COMBO has as much knock back/ KO potential as many character's smash attacks. Yet it comes out as quickly as most of the other character's neutral A attacks DESPITE having the power of smash attacks (and a disjointed, invisible hitbox I might add!)
2) The same goes for Snake's tilts. No slower than your average tilt yet with as much KO power as most character's smash attacks. Heck, his up-tilt has that HUGE disjointed invisible hit-box and is fast as your average tilt despite being as powerful as most smash attacks!

So basically his neutral and tilt A attacks have the KO power of smash attacks combined with unrealistically disjointed, invisible hitboxes. And don't even get me started on his incredibly versatile and deadly projectile game (although that isn't the reason he's broken. It is his over powered tilts and neutral A attacks that make him broken ).

Difficult to KO and Disproportionate Weight

Snake's hurtbox is no bigger than Captain Falcon's, so one would logically expect him to weigh about the same as Falcon or MAYBE Ike, but no, Snake weighs more than Dedede! Basically, he has the ridiculous advantage of relatively small size compared to his ENORMOUS weight thus making him unusually and shockingly very hard to KO.

On the other hand, Metaknight, while he has very good priority (more like transcendental priority on most his moves) , VERY fast attacks, and an amazing recovery at least doesn't have the ability to KO ppl with his neutral attacks alone! How the heck can the designers even conceive of making a character with the ability to easily KO with neutral/tilt attacks of average speed yet disproportionate hitboxes is beyond me!

BTW what do you guys think? Surely there are many others out there who also think Snake is arguably broken than Metaknight.

EDIT: The title of this thread has the word 'more' used in the wrong place. Sorry about.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
On paper it may seem that Snake has the properties to surpass Mk, but seriously, if anything Snake should be lower on the tier list.

Because of Snakes ridiculous weight he's easily the easiest character in the cast to chain grab, and probably the worst in the air. Snakes deceptive aerials are easy to combat when someone spaces him out.also, his fast falling properties make him incredibly easy to juggle, and he ain't no small target either.

Snakes uptilt is nothing. The brokenness doesn't lie within the hitbox, but rather the lack of a hurtbox. Like any other move, people can space themselves out against our uptilt and stay well guarded. This is probably snakes only reliable kill move while grounded.

Snake has terrible flaws, basically its get him in the air and its gg.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why the hell it would matter what input the player uses for their Killmove lol.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Snake's nair can be SDI'd so that's one problem out of the way, & I feel that his tilts can be predictable at times. So a good read and you can shield his tilt and punish his ending lag. =D

TKD

Smash Lord
i think he is in tj. we have ground time rule (snake'd probably win if time ran out). we have 10 minutes to prevent ground stalling attempts or whatever, but still he never has to chase you. so yeah he's like, the ultimate char.

i didn't read the full op btw, but most rulesets in US are too mk-friendly for any other char to be a better choice imo

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Snake is a beautiful man while MK is a fat potbelly round piece of scrap metal, clearly Snake > MK

/thread

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Ok I've come to the conclusion that Snake is actually more broken than Metaknight. I know a lot of you guys here will disagree and possibly even bash me for that statement, but I've got got good reasons to believe and argue that Snake is EVEN more broken than Metakinght. Here are a few of them (I've got many more!) :

Attacks

1) Even Snake's NEUTRAL COMBO has as much knock back/ KO potential as many character's smash attacks. Yet it comes out as quickly as most of the other character's neutral A attacks DESPITE having the power of smash attacks (and a disjointed, invisible hitbox I might add!)
2) The same goes for Snake's tilts. No slower than your average tilt yet with as much KO power as most character's smash attacks. Heck, his up-tilt has that HUGE disjointed invisible hit-box and is fast as your average tilt despite being as powerful as most smash attacks!

So basically his neutral and tilt A attacks have the KO power of smash attacks combined with unrealistically disjointed, invisible hitboxes. And don't even get me started on his incredibly versatile and deadly projectile game (although that isn't the reason he's broken. It is his over powered tilts and neutral A attacks that make him broken ).

Difficult to KO and Disproportionate Weight

assuming this isn't a troll thread.

1. snakes neutral combo can be shielded, thus punishedon reaction. Therefore making his jab somewhat useless.

2. snakes tilts are very good

however so are metaknights. ect however snakes are indeed better than metaknights in general.

Snake's hurtbox is no bigger than Captain Falcon's, so one would logically expect him to weigh about the same as Falcon or MAYBE Ike, but no, Snake weighs more than Dedede! Basically, he has the ridiculous advantage of relatively small size compared to his ENORMOUS weight thus making him unusually and shockingly very hard to KO.

no **** sherlock.
On the other hand, Metaknight, while he has very good priority (more like transcendental priority on most his moves) , VERY fast attacks, and an amazing recovery at least doesn't have the ability to KO ppl with his neutral attacks alone! How the heck can the designers even conceive of making a character with the ability to easily KO with neutral/tilt attacks of average speed yet disproportionate hitboxes is beyond me!

BTW what do you guys think? Surely there are many others out there who also think Snake is arguably broken than Metaknight.

no only people who are misinofmed.
what you aren't adding is

snakes recovery is exploitable and very impable.

snake when landing has very few options, thus leading him to juggle bait

his jump is like 11 frames and his landing is like 7 or 9, his neutral aerial and down aerial can be sdi'd on reaction and punished and his forward is reactable as well, along with probably not working, his uair and bair however are useful, but they do not cover the front of him and have considerably high lag.

EDIT: The title of this thread has the word 'more' used in the wrong place. Sorry about.
anyway I'll money match your snake for 100$ if your a snake main. Assuming you aren't some decent player whos trolling.

supersmash43

Smash Cadet
the fastest falling character should be the easiest to CG. if not, then consider Bowser, heaviest.
How does weight make a character easier to chain grab? I thought it was falling speed and character model size that mattered and not weight (even though heavy characters tend to possess both great weight and size).

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
How does weight make a character easier to chain grab? I thought it was falling speed and character model size that mattered and not weight (even though heavy characters tend to possess both great weight and size).
...Yeah, thats my point. Fox has very fast falling speed. And Bowser has great weight and size.
If your heavy, your going to fall faster, not be floaty.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Two things:

1:
Why hasn't this been locked yet?

2:
Snake really IS more broken than MK. Sure MK is overall better (coughcoughbanworthycough), but when I think about the word broken, Snake seems to fit it more. "Broken" just seems to mean defying logic or the basic rules of the game. I'm pretty sure that an UTilt that should neuter any normal human that would attempt it and has 3x the range it appears to defies several basic rules of the game. And an FTilt with 1.5x the visible hitbox dealing 21% with a chance to trip is also broken incarnate. Not to mention being the heaviest character for no adequately reason, coupled with the ability to spawn grenades, cyphers, and other war equipment out of nowhere.

Sure, MK can throw out 6 UAirs in one jump, but so could I if my sword was made of aluminum foil spraypainted gold, which MK's sword TOTALLY is. Why do you think it makes that gay 'chink' sound when it hits? Perfectly obeys game logic. He may have a completely overpowered neutral B which flies all over the stage, striking everything in his path with a nearly unpunishable speed and priority, but what did we expect from an attack called "Tornado?" There's no (severely) disjointed hitbox, no spawning solid objects out of nowhere, etc. His weight makes sense, and quite frankly, if I was MK, I would be able to do the same things he could do, unlike Snake, who seems to have an invisible mass which can be moved from place to place at will, creating entirely illogical hitboxes.

Sure, MK is better than Snake. I don't even have much faith in Snake remaining #2 (Insert frowny here). However, let's be honest - the term 'broken' seems to describe Snake better than MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom