• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Smashers - Looking for some fresh new face?

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
That last part of your post brian is pretty ironic.
i used to be tournament active before you were a smash fetus. i just haven't had time since i transferred (which won't be an issue in 7 more weeks).

MacD

Banned via Administration
but i have this strange feeling in 7 weeks you're going to be lazy and not want to go... hmmm

hey were you going to go this sat to sc whatev or connor's/ would you want a ride

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i want to say yes, but i'm not 100% sure yet. midterms are coming up next week and i gotta be on top of my stuff. i'll let you know for sure before this week is over.

J4pu

Smash Champion
entering both doubles and singles is only $10? I want to know when/where these tournaments occur and if they come in brawl.

you're still paying money to play a game with other people, if you wanted to go and not enter and hang out for free you could, but people don't do that. In many (the majority of) cases people enter tournaments knowing full well that they won't win their money back, so I don't see any real large differences between this and WoW.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
entering both doubles and singles is only $10? I want to know when/where these tournaments occur and if they come in brawl.

you're still paying money to play a game with other people, if you wanted to go and not enter and hang out for free you could, but people don't do that. In many (the majority of) cases people enter tournaments knowing full well that they won't win their money back, so I don't see any real large differences between this and WoW.
Difference between this and wow is that you can play melee without paying 15 bucks a month

even though Im currently alt tabbed out of wow and dont pay for it (not private server either)

wut?

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
zzz

if you think playing WoW is the same as entering a tournament..dear god that is a horrible mentality.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I personally have never played WoW but they seem immensely similar except that tournaments are 1-2 day(s) and in person while WoW is the whole month and online, other than that it seems difficult to find any real differences in what you are getting out of it.

DJMirror

Smash Master
JDM do you know where you get your import games? i want to get a japanese Ps2 to play some games if they have it

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I personally have never played WoW but they seem immensely similar except that tournaments are 1-2 day(s) and in person while WoW is the whole month and online, other than that it seems difficult to find any real differences in what you are getting out of it.
That's because you suck at Melee.

JDM

Smash Champion
I'll try to google the place for you. They should sell ps2's. They also sell DSi, white PS3 and some fighting sticks.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I'll try to google the place for you. They should sell ps2's. They also sell DSi, white PS3 and some fighting sticks.
i want to get the new DS freaking look nice, White ps3? O__o? that interesting thanks

JDM

Smash Champion
West LA(Retail)
11301 W Olympic Blvd #104
Los Angeles, CA 90064
TEL: 310-444-1907
FAX: 310-320-1409

orbit

Smash Rookie
brian kevin and zhu, teach me the ways of falco, plz?

this is chris btw

MacD

yea, i am and for sure, i'm trying to make a tab of people

that means if everyone goes my car is full for scsa
me, rey, brian, incro, and zhu
i'm not too sure about brian and incro yet though

and does anyone wanna go to connor's on friday, i'm probably going to go, but i forgot what time i work... so yea i'll figure that out and get back you guys i guess, i think it's either 12-4ish or 1-5

Arkerus

Smash Rookie
Jkun/jason you own me a hundred dollar money match against my ike since you won the last money match at nor cal so i'm coming down soon to so cal to whoop your ***

DJMirror

Smash Master
WTF?! THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST?! WTF HAVE YOU BEEN ON THE BOARDS THEN? I know i own you a mm but i didn't come to nor cal on winter break but since ya coming down...I'm gladly to take that $100 off your hand

Arkerus

Smash Rookie
i just look around, nothing much. hey have you been on the EVO boards recently? SF4 Tier list came out and it's pretty true what you just told me about the tier. i'm plannin to go to Evo 09 with 888. Want to go with me? there is a KOF mini tournament to enter! Money match me in kof, CVs2, MB, KOF, 3S, GGXXAC

DJMirror

Smash Master
Umm i donno yet? is there a date set on EVO 09 yet? No, I haven't been on the EVO boards since i been playing smash so yeah...=__= and you want to mm me for a hundred dollars AND mm me in those other games...that ALOT of money we are mming for so..

KOF- MM me for a buck
GGXXAC- dont mm me on that game i suck *** on that game now
3s- my friend ***** the **** out of me on this game so no mm on this
MB- never mm in that and never will
CVS2? no that game is killing me now

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
If you guys are still looking for some new 64 smashers.. Me and a few friends are out here in Pasadena which isnt to far from UCI. In fact I used to do some partying out there.

We just threw an awesome tournament in Glendale/Burbank last Saturday. We had a couple guys come from Irvine.

Hit me up if you guys are down to meet up for some games

MacD

so who can't go to connors on friday because you have school and stuff, i think we should have a mini irvine smashfest on friday again, that was fun

and brian, i know i said this last night but i need the repitition of it, i started off with like no dsmash but as time went on i went back into old habbits, every match i swear i need someone to say only dsmash if you have a reason, i'm getting there though

Top Bottom