• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Smashers - Looking for some fresh new face?

JDM

Smash Champion
Cameron got out of pichu in 1 round and I got off yoshi on 2rounds. Around the world is basiclly the faster char that can get items faster/luck wins.

DJMirror

Smash Master
i know that game i played with mango kira and psychomidget (man that very hard to get by)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I didn't expect to find an Irvine smashers thread...I'm at uci rght now, haha. maybe if stuff happens at or near the school, I'll go (I don't have a car). I'm interested in playing some more smash, and really want to practice melee a lot.

JDM

Smash Champion
**** rei there's ALOT of uci smashers. Did you create that club with that guy and zhu yet?

Incronaut

Smash Ace
we SHOULD make a club.. that would be a lot of fun...

kirby.. i presume youre in the dorms?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
ya we should start something.
but we're all too lazy to deal with the paperwork.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ew, paperwork, oh well

ok, so i'm taking you too cornbeef, if you guys meet at your houes in the morning that's easier for me

connor you're still a little out of the way but we'll get you i guess

i swear i started the trend of all UCI players come out of hiding and post on the boards

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I can try to get a ride over to your place...not 100% sure though.

Does anyone wanna smash right now?

BeamSwordMaster

Smash Cadet
Oooo, Around the World. I am an expert at that particular subset of Melee.

Pichu is not too difficult, despite him dying easily. Yoshi is the toughest in my opinion.

However, it all depends on your skill with the hero. For example, I am undertalented with Link, so it is quite an ordeal for me to progress with him.

JDM

Smash Champion
What do you mean meet at your houses in the morning? Like wait outside of our houses?

And Rei can get shotgun cause I wanna sit next to connor. I wanna show you something no homo.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
What do you mean meet at your houses in the morning? Like wait outside of our houses?
i think he means we all meet at my place or one place in general.

And Rei can get shotgun cause I wanna sit next to connor. I wanna show you something no homo.
lol. ok.

JDM

Smash Champion
Yeah. I guess im comming over to your place tomorrow then Rei.

And the thing im going to show connor will make him **** bricks lol.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to **** the **** out of Connor in a money match.

***** thinking he's on my level cause he fluked out a tourny win...

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
one key factor was, you have to win by 2 stocks. I'm gonna make sure it won't happen.

but one question, how many times do you have to win by 2 stocks to win?

oh, and another thing, let's do the MM at SCSA.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
one key factor was, you have to win by 2 stocks. I'm gonna make sure it won't happen.

but one question, how many times do you have to win by 2 stocks to win?

oh, and another thing, let's do the MM at SCSA.
No, if you're going tomorrow, we'll do it tomorrow.

Yeah, winning by two stocks isn't a problem. I can read you like a book.

As many as I would have to in a normal money match.

MacD

yea, i meant house but i typed it wrong but if you all meet at one place it's easier, connor, i'd say we can go get you, it's not too much out of the way, i'm used to going from my house to modesto, up to stockton then back down to san jose, that takes like 2+ hours because of where everyone lived where as you're like 10 min out of the way and its only going to take like 1 1/2 hours

and around the world sounds fun, let me guess, you start on a character and pplay through till you win with all, and items are on, and maybe all stages??? that sounds like fun watiting to happen

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i kind of want to but i might be going home today. what time would this happen if i do stick around?

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
well is psychomidget really gonna hold something? or whats up cause i can still go homeeeee if nothing is going down.

Soy Nut

Smash Rookie
well, at least in UCI we dont have set dates we meet up, but there are local tourneys less than 2 hours away every weekend practically.. so thats good, but other than that i dunno personally...

where you from anyways?
Uhh actually, I go to UCI. I commute from about 12 minutes away. 6 to get on campus, 6 to park o_O Is this thread more focused on UCI, or Irvine in general? If UCI, awesome...

I went to WGF IV, but got wrecked sooo I don't really have the motivation to go to anymore far away tourneys. <2 hours isn't much, no, but 5 or 15 minutes away is even better >.>

Anything local going on tonight? Or in the next few days?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
we SHOULD make a club.. that would be a lot of fun...

kirby.. i presume youre in the dorms?
heh yeah I'm in dorms right now...

yea tho, if something big happens in the local area, I want in!

Also, I think a uci club would be a really good idea. we'd just need a place to meet and basic times a couple days a week where most of us would be free...:ohwell:

EDIT: if it's only paperwork keeping you guys down, I'll fill out the paperwork when I have some time...the constitution will be a ***** to write though.

MacD

so are we doing something tonight, it looks like everyone i all talk but no one wants to step up, well for those of you in dorms, i could possibly do something here, we need another system because above like 3 or 4 people takes forever in rotations

but let's leave that as a last resort... k

MacD

plan on like 9:30 JDM, i think that still works

and connor, it'll be like 20 min later so like 9:50, sometimes i run a little so if i'm not perfectly on time don't freak out... but normally i'm good to go on time

JDM

Smash Champion
Alright. I'm comming over to your place Rei at 9:00 so we can play before we leave.

Top Bottom