• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irrational Fears?

Geist

Smash Master
Mushrooms creep me out.
I mean, get this - biologically they're more closely related to animals than plants.
BUT THEY'RE PLANTS

plus fungi can grow all over you. *gags*
I don't eat things that can grow on you like some parasite. >:[

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
Zombies. Honestly, I am scared of zombies. I know they aren't real, but if I'm outside at night (I'm afraid of the dark outside...), I'm afraid of zombies will coming after me. I get really shaky and nervous, so I listen extra carefully and constantly look around. It's weird, I know, but I can't help it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
One time a butterfly flew into our car while driving and I freaked out and we had to pull over to get it out :embarrass
LMAO XD

One time me and my friend were driving home from, I forget where, but then this huge *** Grasshopper landed on my knee and I started screaming. Then my friend, who was driving, started screaming and we both started freaking out trying to find a way to get it out the window without actually touching it.

During the commotion my friend ended up letting go of the wheel and everything, while screaming and flailing. We were on the highway btw, idk how we didn't crash xD

Mushrooms creep me out.
I mean, get this - biologically they're more closely related to animals than plants.
BUT THEY'RE PLANTS

plus fungi can grow all over you. *gags*
I don't eat things that can grow on you like some parasite. >:[
Ugh... I ate a Mushroom on purpose the other day.....
Never again.......
Though it did have cheese on it, but still :urg:

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Bees and Wasps. Anything that flys and stings. If somebody waved a beehive on a stick in my face I'd be terror stricken.

Actually the fear I mentioned above isn't irrational and I should have gotten a better understanding of the wierd Irrational before I posted. Still afraid of bees though.

I can't think of a serious irrational fear that I have but I guess the closest thing would be getting on an elevator. I'd rather take the steps if possible. I'm not afraid of being in a tight space inside an elevator if it gets stuck. Instead I'm more afraid of the chain breaking and it crashing to the floor several stories up or if a fire broke out in a building and it for some reason got stuck. These things likely wouldn't occur but I'm always thinking about them.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Zombies. Honestly, I am scared of zombies. I know they aren't real, but if I'm outside at night (I'm afraid of the dark outside...), I'm afraid of zombies will coming after me. I get really shaky and nervous, so I listen extra carefully and constantly look around. It's weird, I know, but I can't help it.
OK, now this will likely to cause you to **** bricks, but zombies do exist. The good news, not by classic (Slow, lumbering zombies ex old horror movies) or modern (28 days later/ Left 4 Dead) standards. In the Caribbean, ancient practices include a "zombie powder" which is a neurotoxin that could cause a state similar to death, so similar that doctors (OK, some doctors) will deem you dead. After this state wears off, you are an "undead" slave. The good news is that these Zombies are neither cannibalistic nor homicidal, it's essentially brain damage.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
For some odd reason I hate seeing people trip/fall irl. On Television its all good, but irl I always get nervous when I see people running on cement, or if they walk near something that could trip them.
Never play Brawl And things I'm afraid of
1.Cockroaches
2.Bees
3.Heights

Things I used to be afraid of.
1.Needles
2.Ants(Though I avoid Fire ants)
3.Spiders(If I see a Black Widow,I will run the heck out of there)

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
OK, now this will likely to cause you to **** bricks, but zombies do exist. The good news, not by classic (Slow, lumbering zombies ex old horror movies) or modern (28 days later/ Left 4 Dead) standards. In the Caribbean, ancient practices include a "zombie powder" which is a neurotoxin that could cause a state similar to death, so similar that doctors (OK, some doctors) will deem you dead. After this state wears off, you are an "undead" slave. The good news is that these Zombies are neither cannibalistic nor homicidal, it's essentially brain damage.
Yeah, I had read something about that and totally freaked. Apparently there was an incident where a "witch doctor" of sorts had used that stuff to control people for a while. Good thing they weren't the violent, cannibalistic type, though. I had also read this article, 5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen, and while it's not probable, it still freaks me out. *shudder*

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten over my fear of dogs. I'm not even as scared of bugs as I use to be. But the thing that freaks me out still are balloons. I hate it especially when someone's blowing one up. I sit there thinking the things gonna bust and blow the person's face off. And then that horrible "pow" at the end.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah, I had read something about that and totally freaked. Apparently there was an incident where a "witch doctor" of sorts had used that stuff to control people for a while. Good thing they weren't the violent, cannibalistic type, though. I had also read this article, 5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen, and while it's not probable, it still freaks me out. *shudder*
I did too. With Parasites, it will likely take some time (parasites are animals, which evolve at a "moderate" rate). Voodoo Zombies, yeah, they exist, but they were the "first" zombie ever, the really frightening ones didn't start until Night of the Living Dead. Virus, that's my biggest bet (and the one of most concern, especially if the virus churn up Special infected like Left 4 Dead). Science, in the wrong hands, can typically destroy, but any reanimation science is still years away. Nanobots, really, There is a really good reason why you should get nanobots (or nanochips) implanted in your Brain, Your brain finally has internet Access.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've gotten over my fear of dogs. I'm not even as scared of bugs as I use to be. But the thing that freaks me out still are balloons. I hate it especially when someone's blowing one up. I sit there thinking the things gonna bust and blow the person's face off. And then that horrible "pow" at the end.
I've never heard that one before. Balloon's are awesome xD

My cat is afraid of Balloons too so don't worry, you're not the only one =D

slave1

Smash Lord
has no one seen the thing on history channel about this.

i have never heard the parasite that takes over people. i know there is a parasite that gets into your brain and eats holes, that can kill you. treated with medicines though.

so no, there is no brain controlling parasite for humans, none that i have ever heard of. that is in bug species. watch planet earth to see that one.

but they used puffer fish venom (something like that) but it causes a paralysis, to the point that there hart almost stops and they cant move and they basically "die." during the night the witch doctor will come and dig them out and revive them and turn them into their own personal slave things on plantation. and or something like that.

~rh

Smash Lord
Planets. Like any kind of large space object I see really creeps me out. Not much of a fear but they disturb me whenever I see a picture of outer space.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
middle of the night, going upstairs to my room after IMing people. going up the stairs scares me. i sometimes have to run up the stairs *_* it feels like somebodys (or somethings) gonna grab me or something :\

~rh

Smash Lord
middle of the night, going upstairs to my room after IMing people. going up the stairs scares me. i sometimes have to run up the stairs *_* it feels like somebodys (or somethings) gonna grab me or something :\
HAHA ME TOO! And you're from Suffolk County [Lived there 13 years] Maybe it's in our water. :laugh:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
so no, there is no brain controlling parasite for humans, none that i have ever heard of. that is in bug species. watch planet earth to see that one.
Are you talking about the Jungle episode with the Fungi that infects certain types of insects?

Because that was insane, I couldn't believe it. It kinda scared me

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I saw that. That was not a good episode for people who don't like bugs, lol.
lol I don't understand how anyone can actually like bugs. But some do.....

Butterflies.

I remember the day my auntie took me to the Butterfly Park :( I was in such a panic I swear I couldn't breathe
Strangely enough, I don't mind butterflies at all, I kinda like em =D
But when a big moth appears I run for the hills........

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Strangely enough, I don't mind butterflies at all, I kinda like em =D
But when a big moth appears I run for the hills........
I hate moths almost as much. The worst thing they do is fly at the car windscreen whilst you're driving at night, and it freaks the living daylights out of me. :urg:

Peeze

Smash Master

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Thats not the only one, a larvae grows insides bugs the it convinces them to drown themselves so that the worm can get out.

http://neurophilosophy.wordpress.com/2006/11/20/brainwashed-by-a-parasite/
OMFG, that video almost made me sick, OMG I can't believe that!
lol I'm freaking out, that worm parasite was so much bigger than I thought it would be!

yeah i love that series.

about the butterflies thing. I have a friend terrified of moths. he freaks out around them
Yeah Planet Earth is awesome, I bought the series =D

Charizard92

Smash Champion
has no one seen the thing on history channel about this.

i have never heard the parasite that takes over people. i know there is a parasite that gets into your brain and eats holes, that can kill you. treated with medicines though.

but they used puffer fish venom (something like that) but it causes a paralysis, to the point that there hart almost stops and they cant move and they basically "die." during the night the witch doctor will come and dig them out and revive them and turn them into their own personal slave things on plantation. and or something like that.
Actually, there is one Parasite that make Mice try to get eaten by cats (so that the Parasite Can reproduce), and said Parasite is in 50% of the Human Population. humans are genetically similar to Mice (why do ya think we use them to test drugs?), so a couple of gene alterations and It's RE4 all over again!

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
I have one. Okay, when I (or we) are unlocking the door to the house, I always imagine there will a robber or terrorist or something in there. He would be suprised by our sudden entrance, take out his gun, and BAM! Game Over.

One day it MIGHT be true though...

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
My friend mikey has phobias of the following (NO LIES)

Ham (because he got bad food poisoning from it as a kid)

Whipped Cream (nobody really does understand that one)

Birds (understandable, but still unusual)

I swear, no lies with the ham and whipped cream.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Bees scare the crap out of me. And there's always a hive outside my house during the summer -_-

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Steep ledges/narrow cliffs. Blegh, those scare the **** out of me. I feel like Im gonna fall into them if I go past them.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I thought of another. Jumping feet first on a Yoga ball. I did it once and I'm afraid to ever try it again

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
That show wins. As do you, for having watched it.

Bees.

Is that considered irrational? I mean if there were 1000 bees after then yeah, you have a reason to to completely and utterly terrified.

But 1 single Bee will have me running....... and sometimes screaming if it sneaks up on me.....
This.

I have never been stung by a bee, I'm not allergic, and I've been told it doesn't hurt that much. The idea of being stung by even just one bee makes me shudder. I'm not sure why, I've just always been that way. Or maybe I haven't...I do recall having a bad dream involving bees once when I was much younger and that might've been what scared me (I occasionally have nightmares involving large swarms of bees, actually).

Rollercoasters, after seeing that episode of justice when the lady came out of her seat and got decapitated by the lowered bar.

Ugg.
I guess you probably shouldn't watch Final Destination 3. That would cause you to never want to go on a rollercoaster again.

Fixed. (hopefully someone recognizes the reference)
That's all you really wanted to say.
Yes, I got it. Awesome song.

The first house I lived in. The house itself gave me the heeby-jeebies in certain places. My basement scared the CRAP out of me. I get the impression that's fairly normal, but my basement was all carpeted and looked pretty much like any other room. But even in daylight, if the light wasn't on, it had this really eerie feeling...the worst part was that the light switch was in the middle of the room, if I recall. I never went down there without someone else. Also, the stairs leading to the second floor...not the stairs itself, but at the top. If you took a sharp left at the top there was a looong hallway, which led to where my parents' bedroom was. That hallway always creeped me out and so did my parents' bedroom, the lighting was just off -- again, even in daylight. Anyways, everytime I went up those stairs, I ALWAYS felt like there was going to be a monster jumping out from the hallway on the other side.
My mom still swears to this day that house was haunted, and without declaring a final verdict, the evidence did seem convincing. My mom was alone in the house one day and the basement door locked itself. Not unlocked, locked. I remember there was one corner of my basement that always felt really cold, like a cold spot. Completely inexplicable. Finally, my dog had a tendency to, every so often, put her front half under my sister's bed and start whimpering, and she would NOT move.
My mom never told me this until we moved out of that house -- after all, I was rather young when we moved out and that would've scared the crap out of me. But yeah, as much as I loved that house it always had a creepy feel to it at certain parts.
...That went on for way too long, sorry.

Feeling helpless. I will completely and totally PANIC if I feel helpless. For example, one time I thought I lost my Pokemon Ruby version and I looked below my couch pillows and it fell through my couch. The couch has a hideaway bed in it, and I had to slightly lift it up to get to my Ruby version. Which caused my arm to be stuck in such a way that I could not get it out, and I totally panicked. Thankfully my friends were around and I asked them to give me a hand, which they did.
In addition to that, I fear being helpless in a different sense, like, someone tranquilizing me, or tying me down, or chaining me, or being in a cage of some sort. That sort of thought scares me like nothing else.

Dying in my sleep. Painless or not, I fear so much that I'll die by falling asleep one day. I don't want to leave this world with no final thoughts. I don't want to leave this world without closing thoughts, total reflection.

That's all I have for now, but I have plenty so I'd expect more soon.

slave1

Smash Lord
Actually, there is one Parasite that make Mice try to get eaten by cats (so that the Parasite Can reproduce), and said Parasite is in 50% of the Human Population. humans are genetically similar to Mice (why do ya think we use them to test drugs?), so a couple of gene alterations and It's RE4 all over again!
so if we get infected we are giong to try to find the nearest cat and get it to eat us

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Not exactly, we'd just lack our sense of self preservation (which Zombies do lack), so we'd essentially all be winning Darwin awards, lots of Darwin awards.

Top Bottom