• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irrational Fears?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
My most irrational fear I'd say is when im in the ocean, Im terrified of possibly stepping on a crab. Thats why I'm almost always floating or jumping while swimming at the beach. So i freak out whenever something touches my feet while im standing in the ocean
Im also afraid when swimming in fresh water(like at a lake or river) and having a fish touch me. I've been freaked out by that ever since a fish swam up to me and starting eating bread crumbs off my bathing suit when i was little at a river

slave1

Smash Lord
Not exactly, we'd just lack our sense of self preservation (which Zombies do lack), so we'd essentially all be winning Darwin awards, lots of Darwin awards.
lol darwin. but wouldn't that be like the movie "The Happening" by Shamalon

My most irrational fear I'd say is when im in the ocean, Im terrified of possibly stepping on a crab. Thats why I'm almost always floating or jumping while swimming at the beach. So i freak out whenever something touches my feet while im standing in the ocean
Im also afraid when swimming in fresh water(like at a lake or river) and having a fish touch me. I've been freaked out by that ever since a fish swam up to me and starting eating bread crumbs off my bathing suit when i was little at a river
i would fear more of stepping on a rock fish, or by a cone shell snail (if you see one please dont pick it up) very very very poisonous.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Same with me except I'm more afraid of jellyfish than crabs (thanks for the new fear though =P)

I also get a bit freaked out when I go to bed at night after everyone else, and I have to turn the lights out one by one. It just seems like the climax set up of a horror movie to me. And then I feel like soemthing is behind me when I go up the stairs, so by the 5th or 6th step I start half running on nights when I watch movies =P

Heights too, hate them. Always have, always will ever since I saw a video of someone falling off a ferris wheel and when my dad fell off our roof.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Same with me except I'm more afraid of jellyfish than crabs (thanks for the new fear though =P)

I also get a bit freaked out when I go to bed at night after everyone else, and I have to turn the lights out one by one. It just seems like the climax set up of a horror movie to me. And then I feel like soemthing is behind me when I go up the stairs, so by the 5th or 6th step I start half running on nights when I watch movies =P

Heights too, hate them. Always have, always will ever since I saw a video of someone falling off a ferris wheel and when my dad fell off our roof.
Heights is easy. Never look down, and always look straight ahead, though I don't recommend sitting in the highest sections of a stadium (since it won't help.) I'm like that with one of the buildings @ my school. The main room is circular shaped, and the second floor has rails all around the center. I cannot look down there if I'm walking that way. I either close my eyes or focus on the eastern corner, which has some offices.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Bees scare the crap out of me.
Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets... anything that buzzes / has a stinger creeps the living hell out of me. I cannot stand still, I have to move away from them, even if they are the fat harmless (thats correct...right?) bees that fly really slowly. And wasps/hornets... oh my god, I just get as far away as I can and wait for them to go away from where I was standing and I hope to god they dont come back.

I

Hate

Crocodiles
Hahahaha.

I HATE GATORS

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have a friend who is deathly afraid of knee caps, and the other day at my job we had some girl who freaked the **** out at a Styrofoam cup.
I'm not scared of it, but I cannot touch Styrofoam.
Since I was a kid I have never like to touch Styrofoam, it just goes through me when I touch it.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
I am seriously afraid of things with large eyes and teddy bears. No joke. I am also afraid of deer. They could stab me with their antlers :'(

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I guess I don't have any irrational fears. I actually love spiders and snakes and stuff.

I guess....heights maybe? I get a bad feeling whenever I stand at the edge of a cliff and look down.

Electric Eel

Smash Cadet
Taking an IQ test (even though they are flawed) and scoring below 100 would scare me lol.

Also tapeworms and hookworms frighten me alot.

Don't know if they are irrational or not, but those scare me the most.

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
Taking an IQ test (even though they are flawed) and scoring below 100 would scare me lol.

Also tapeworms and hookworms frighten me alot.

Don't know if they are irrational or not, but those scare me the most.
Dude tapeworms n' hookworms scare the **** out of me when I hear those things on TV that say "One of every 3 people in the world are infected with a tapeworm."

Am also scared of the dark ever since I started watchin' those paranormal shows and see those blobs walkin' around. Am scared of elevators like ****. You couldn't pay me to ride one. PAY me.:chuckle:

Am also scared of watchin' TV at night. :psycho:

Who likes ma new banner? I made it maself. ^_^

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Um.... lol?

Those people are ....... I don't even know :ohwell:

Though I hate touching Cotton balls with a passion, they don't terrify me lol
I hate Pickles too, they're disgusting imo

mzink*

Smash Ace
My fear of spiders is a bit over the top, I wonder why all the time but I duno I can't help it lol. Just seeing one makes me want to get as far away as possible. If one surprises me I kinda freak, my adrenaline surges and I panic, you'd think I'd just been surprised by a T-Rex or something. But then again I have been bitten by spiders MANY times. Especially at night when I was a kid, somehow a few got caught up in my blankets and stuff. Just recently one even fell from a tree right on top of my head and bit the crap outta me, hurt like heck lol. Left me with a huge welt for a pretty long time. I think they have it out for me.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Um.... lol?

Those people are ....... I don't even know :ohwell:

Though I hate touching Cotton balls with a passion, they don't terrify me lol
I hate Pickles too, they're disgusting imo
And how often do you touch cotton balls with a passion exactly? o.0

Mr.T 07

Smash Journeyman
im only scared of heights. people dont scare me. the government doesnt scare me. you could have a gun in my face and id just be like wow this sucks. but i would not be scared. there is no point in being afraid in what you cannot control. fear is just a way of someone dealing with something they never thought they would have to. like getting malled by bears in the forest, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen. theres no stopping the inevitable.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hmm. Got a long list here...

Clusters or repeated patterns. I dunno why, but the thought of a bunch of things clumped together makes my skin crawl... Like, if a wallpaper or something of the like had several polka dots close together as a pattern, I might have to leave the room just to keep my wits about me. I just can't stand a bunch of things all stuck really close toegther...

Spiders. Well, this sort of connects to the first one. They have so many legs that they could be considered a cluster. The scary part is that they can be pretty much anywhere should they choose to hang from a web. I try to stay under open skies when I'm outside to avoid spiderweb shenanigans. Also, if I see an overly intricate spiderweb... again, first fear.

Needles. Well, not just needles; more specifically, I fear someone running up to me and stabbing my veins/heart with a needle full of drugs or some other harmful substance. I'm always self-conscious of my veins and such around needles.

Eyes where they don't belong. Monsters and such with misaligned eyes in odd places are frightening. Combine this with the cluster fear, say, a monster that is like a sphere composed entirely of eyes, and I'd pretty much lose it. I'd be so completely over if I saw anything like that.

Statues. The more realistic, the worse it gets. I always fear that a statue will just start moving, just start hopping along the ground or something outta nowhere and chase me into a corner. Plus there was this episode of Supernatural that pretty much destroyed me when it comes to moving statues... Probably shouldn't have watched that one.

Dr. Eggman on the cover art of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Well, that was when I was a kid. It looks like he has no eyes.

Sometimes they get so bad that I wonder if I should see a psychiatrist/psychologist about them, but I'm too lazy.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
im only scared of heights. people dont scare me. the government doesnt scare me. you could have a gun in my face and id just be like wow this sucks. but i would not be scared. there is no point in being afraid in what you cannot control. fear is just a way of someone dealing with something they never thought they would have to. like getting malled by bears in the forest, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen. theres no stopping the inevitable.
(sarcastically) Wow your pretty bad *** if I would say so myself.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
Scary movies. Ever since I was little I haven't been able to watch them. I think it's because when I was 5 Star Wars was sold out so my parents took me to the Mummy. I mean it's not even scary but as a 5 year old those beetles freaked me out.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Scary movies. Ever since I was little I haven't been able to watch them. I think it's because when I was 5 Star Wars was sold out so my parents took me to the Mummy. I mean it's not even scary but as a 5 year old those beetles freaked me out.
Lol when I was that age, Star Wars scared the **** outta me. Gave me nightmares. Seeing The Mummy at that age would've had me crying for days haha.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, whenever I'm being a pedestrian, I try my hardest to walk in back of cars from now on unless it really can't be helped. I have a fear of being ran over.

4Serial

Smash Lord
lol i don't have a fear of bees but i don't know wtf to do around them
standing still doesn't always work from experience
if you run they can still catch you
and there's never a pool around when you need it

and once i woke up
and something was tickling my hand under my pillow
i didn't think anything of it but it didn't go away and then i started hearing a buzzing noise.
then i went to see what was under there and i freaked out lol

when i was like 8 or 9, i would fall asleep on my bed (i slept on the lower bunk)
and then i woke up i would be UNDER my bed with my blanket
honestly i didn't think much of it back then, but now it freaks me out LOL

Top Bottom