• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iron Chef CT: Show me your food! - Dec. 13 2009 - Vernon, CT

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
if this is large enough can we hope to see pools for singles? I'd help make them

oh yeah me and eggm winnin this
How many people would you like to see for that to happen? I'm definitely open to the idea, but I know that alot of people have a long way to drive, and this is on a Sunday, so I definitely want things to run smoothly and quickly.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Hay Guise. So I thought I'd let you know that I turned 19 today. So becuz of dat it would b rly kewl of you all 2 let me win tha tournament cuz its my b-day ok thanks guise your the best.

if this is large enough can we hope to see pools for singles? I'd help make them

oh yeah me and eggm winnin this
For real though, I'd like to see this happen as well ^.^

~P

Prawn

Smash Master
I wasn't even going to enter because I'm still really bad at this game, but if you have pools I would defiantly.

Banks

Smash Hero
I would definitely want to do pools if there is time and it wouldn't take forever. It guarantees fair seeding. (unless someone seeds the pools themselves horribly lmao)

Alukard

Smash Hero
that would be amazing that this tourney is big enough to do pools lol ... but yea i breaking out the W2Z team and winning this with jman LOL

also anyone want to do MM's in SF4 on 360 ... or even 3v3/2v2 team mm on sf4 =] lemme know peeps =]

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
Wow the first tournament that I've been too in month thats actually in the New England Area rather than the New York area :laugh: ahhhhh YEAAAAAAAA

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, here's what I'm thinking:

If we get 25 or more people, we can do pools. Of course they wouldn't be necessary, but it'll be neat to have pools for seeding (no eliminations in pools) and then put everyone into a bracket. Instead of doing doubles first, the schedule would change to this:

Singles pools

Singles bracket

Doubles bracket, if there's enough time, which their probably won't be.

Basically, it comes down to choosing between pools and teams. I really doubt that we'll have enough time to do all three and get OoSers on the road at a reasonable time. Plus I want to get home in time to put my son to bed.

Banks

Smash Hero
Okay, here's what I'm thinking:

If we get 25 or more people, we can do pools. Of course they wouldn't be necessary, but it'll be neat to have pools for seeding (no eliminations in pools) and then put everyone into a bracket. Instead of doing doubles first, the schedule would change to this:

Singles pools

Singles bracket

Doubles bracket, if there's enough time, which their probably won't be.

Basically, it comes down to choosing between pools and teams. I really doubt that we'll have enough time to do all three and get OoSers on the road at a reasonable time. Plus I want to get home in time to put my son to bed.
we definitely should not sacrifice doubles for pools...

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
we definitely should not sacrifice doubles for pools...
From the man himself, I gotta agree with B.

Although we should still strive for an equilibrium, maybe have the pools as a more under-the-radar type of thing instead of counting it as an equivalent to singles and doubles?

Idk, just my idea.

~P

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
From the man himself, I gotta agree with B.

Although we should still strive for an equilibrium, maybe have the pools as a more under-the-radar type of thing instead of counting it as an equivalent to singles and doubles?

Idk, just my idea.

~P
It's not that, it's just that time is a major constraint, and since this is a Sunday tournament, I'm sure everyone wants to get home early enough to rest up for school/work the next day.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
It's not that, it's just that time is a major constraint, and since this is a Sunday tournament, I'm sure everyone wants to get home early enough to rest up for school/work the next day.

Ahh you'll have to pardon me, I'm home already! haha. I guess not everyone who goes to tournaments is in college XD. I understand, earlier the better, but if it's a general consensus that everyone wants to start a pool, then I think we could be able to bend the rules, all of course depending on the host's constrains :), and Maine's going home late as it is, haha! :psycho:

~P

Alukard

Smash Hero
the reason i still play melee is for doubles ... so please do not cancel that =]

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Exit polls are showing that doubles has won a landslide victory over pools. More at 11:00.

R3N0

Smash Lord
i need a teammate! for doubles melee!!

alukard lemme get in that 3v3's sf4 lol =p

Hax

Smash Champion
how many heads are going? i might come

edit: i need a partner

Alukard

Smash Hero
i def want in on the 3v3.

i never knew how it worked tho
its like crew battles but like u dont keep the health obviously lol ... its just just 3 man elim and u have to keep the same rotation(for tourney) ... so yea its pretty cool

Allied

Smash Master
ive decided bcuz my friend told me to go to this i'm going to go here and + i really dont feel like going to some brawl tournament it got kinda boring and they dont do side events just low tiers -_-

anyone down for the following games (i'm bringing my xbox360)

Tekken6(someone teach me this)
SF4 (side tourny anyone?)

:D

btw anyone teamsies

i play only falcon :D

Allied

Smash Master
its like crew battles but like u dont keep the health obviously lol ... its just just 3 man elim and u have to keep the same rotation(for tourney) ... so yea its pretty cool
alukard we gotta play man

Gief,Akuma,Ryu,Cammy reporting in :33

im bringing my xbox360 + stick

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know when this tournament is 'scheduled' to end. Maine has a long drive, and we have Finals this week (GG for us).

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I want to play people in SF 4. Alukard I'll money match your Viper VS my Akuma, Ken, or whatever. two bucks?

Did you guys not read that I'm bringing

THIRD STRIKE

scrubs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
why is it horrible ??

its the same thing ... get an arcade stick lol and a converter for tournies

and mogwai ... i'm not sure whos in g$'s car but i think it might be hbk hazz myself and reno ... not 100% sure tho
ok, right, so I shotgun the odd man out for teams :p
Hax u wanna team u noob?
I ALREADY SHOTGUNNED YOU, DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW SHOTGUNNING WoRKS!?!?!?!?!? :p

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
third strike is based on a handful of glitches, sf4 takes ACTUAL mindgames and skillz
I just died a little bit on the inside.

Parry > Focus.

It's a Street Fighter/Fighting game dude. Pretty sure they are generally the same in terms of baiting aerials and attacks. The parry system was significantly better and was a great high risk high reward system.

Some of the top tiers in SF 4 are soooo dumb that you really dont even need to use Focus cancels often.

Umm step kick to ultra?
EX Tiger Uppercut to Ultra?
light jumping p to shin hadouken?
any shoryuken to Ultra?
light hurricane kick to super?
Balrogs anti air to ultra?

SF 4 is not as good as third strike.

I like them both but I'm hoping SSF4 is much better and balanced because some of the things the top tiers can do/get out of make me laugh.

Like Zangief beating out half of the ultras in the game with his Lariat.

and if you hit with ANY part of Sagats ultra you get the ending animation.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Umm step kick to ultra? -- Hard to land when not shoryu fadc'd also you look like a fool if you random stepkick
EX Tiger Uppercut to Ultra? -- not plausible to land also doesn't do enough dmg.
light jumping p to shin hadouken? -- also not plausible to land gl trying to do a lil tap when ppl just anti-air it
any shoryuken to Ultra? -- what?
light hurricane kick to super? -- anything into super works. but i dunno about this one..? theres ex tatsumaki into ultra..
Balrogs anti air to ultra? - yes, thats his setup. ONE of his like TINY FEW.. like 3? OR even less.?

Top Bottom