• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iron Chef CT: Show me your food! - Dec. 13 2009 - Vernon, CT

Spife

Smash Master
spife, housing for sat... not sunday
Yeah I know, I don't know who'll be home, I don't think my parents will have a problem but I can't ask right now. Remind me later this week (or later tonight)

Spife

Smash Master
but you didn't ban unplugging hteir controller or something something

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
No glitches where the player loses control of their character.
But what's the reasoning behind it? The player doesn't control their character when wobbling is done correctly either. And it isn't specified in the new mbr rules, which is mainly why I was asking.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
But what's the reasoning behind it? The player doesn't control their character when wobbling is done correctly either. And it isn't specified in the new mbr rules, which is mainly why I was asking.
Not the same thing. You are controlling your character during wobbling, because if your opponent messes up, you can escape. When the freeze glitch is done correctly, you totally lose control of your character, and there's nothing you can do at all. Your opponent can go to the bathroom, and you're still stuck there.

I don't think the MBR brought it up because it seems pretty self-explanatory (to me at least) why the freeze glitch is banned.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can put a time limit on it to prevent stuff like that. I remember one tournament that made it legal, but if you couldn't unfreeze them for whatever reason, you forfeited the match.

You are controlling your character during wobbling, because if your opponent messes up, you can escape.
If you mess up then it's no longer wobbling, as wobbling is by definition an infinite. If you mess up the freeze glitch then they aren't frozen. As long neither of them is being used to stall, I don't see a difference. But it makes sense to leave it banned, since allowing it would probably put people off. Just thought you'd understand as a fellow IC main. :mad:

jk

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That was one of Cort's/Brookman's tournament, and they did it more as a joke because at the tournament before that Cort freeze-glitched Pc Chris in the finals. I don't think they were seriously suggesting that the freeze glitch should be legal.

The freeze glitch literally makes the game unplayable for one of the players. I really don't see how that's in the same class as wobbling.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
What does unplayable mean? Because freeze glitch and wobbling, both done correctly, lead to the same exact result no matter what the other player does. With that rule freeze glitch would just be riskier and probably not worth using.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
who do you play as?
also we should play some friendlies before entering to see if we have ANY chemistry. Also I'm new to doubles so there are so aspects that I"m not good at cause I've never put any care into doubles.

OTHERWISE, I'm game.
I play fox.....and yea we need to get sum friendlies in

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Freeze glitch should be allowed.

Also, if you SDI so it's impossible for them to unfreeze you, you should be DQ'd.

Jam, what kind of brownies are you making?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
This should be a sopo only tourney
yes

Mogwai: It's fundamentally the same as wobbling. I don't care either way because it's fairly useless (especially if it forces you to forfeit the game most of the time), I just think for the sake of consistency it should be legal when wobbling is legal.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can continue to wobble past 999%, and wobbling to stall in general is banned. Freeze glitch can be restricted in the same way, and as long as there are some stalling rules in place it serves the same function as wobbling.

This should probably be in the mbr rules thread and not Jam's tourney thread.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
me/th0rn/hoggle/solar

i'll run this option by hoggle since he's driving
I'm down for this tournament, but I have like 6 final projects/exams due next week and I've barely started as of now (Procrastination ftw) So I'm currently on the fench about going to a tournament this weekend. ='/

P.S. No i'm not hoggling >.>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm going for sure.
=D!

I'm going to play straight Mewtwo. No Johns.

PS: Whats a Fench?
-DD

Spife

Smash Master
I'm going for sure.
=D!

I'm going to play straight Mewtwo. No Johns.

PS: Whats a Fench?
-DD

The true fenches are passerine birds in the family Fringillidae. They are predominantly seed-eating songbirds. Most are native to Southern Hemisphere, but one subfamily is endemic to the Neotropics, one to the Hawaiian Islands, and one subfamily – monotypic at genus level – is found only in the Palaearctic. The scientific name Fringillidae comes from the Latin word fringilla for the Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs) – a member of that last subfamily – which is common in Europe.

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fench

>_____________>;

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Freeze glitch should be allowed.

Also, if you SDI so it's impossible for them to unfreeze you, you should be DQ'd.

Jam, what kind of brownies are you making?
I think I'm going to buy the Betty Crocker brand. I also like to add walnuts to my brownies. Does anyone have an allergy to nuts?

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Might wanna tag another name onto the list, my friend from West Haven is maybe going with my pool. Just a heads up, an extra 25$ going towards the Iron Chef. Can't wait 'till Sunday guys!

~P

Top Bottom