• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ngamer3k

Smash Ace

Soran

Smash Ace
Well I always try to have either a tourney or a smashfest but nobody really shows up so this time around I was like whatever >.<
But if people show up I'll play ^.^

Also Spooky showed this vid in one of the streams and I have been listening non stop <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI&list=FLm11rdLb9EJXClAeO-w5cng&index=4&feature=plpp_video
Dixie Flatline did a remix of that in the supercell tribute album stowaway.

That's where I heard it first and that's what I like : D

Any Touhou artist that does Vocaloid, I'll usually like. First I like Touhou, then I like Vocaloid. But I always prefer covers....

my favorite Touhou/Vloid artist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUNx6HIVZAM

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: What does your schedule look like on MW? Also, it is likely we will be doing most of our playing in Ames, so we won't lose that much time.

@Ames People: What are you guy's schedule's looking like? I can start reserving the club house once a week depending on the size of the group. Or we can be efficient and play at Bpow's house.

@Everyone: HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Girls are icky.....
Yep.
@Debo: What does your schedule look like on MW? Also, it is likely we will be doing most of our playing in Ames, so we won't lose that much time.

@Ames People: What are you guy's schedule's looking like? I can start reserving the club house once a week depending on the size of the group. Or we can be efficient and play at Bpow's house.

@Everyone: HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!
I'll most likely be able to play games with you guys whenever you host them, I only work nights twice a week.
I like anime girls because they are pure and perfect in every way :3.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IOWA
I feel the same way about little girls.
So what you're saying is: "I <3 Hentai"
Ikkkuuuuuuuuuuu
I lol'd pretty hard.

Joker meant to post this picture.

Hnnnggg.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
@Sekou here is my schedule

Monday - Class from 2-3
Tuesday - 8 - 6
Wednesday - 10 - 5
Thursday - 8 - 5
Friday - 2- 3

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: Hmmm....Let's try for Monday's mid afternoon until like 8,9 or 10. I think that will be good.

@Iowa: They released Apex pools. Bpx's pool is deadly :( .... Colin's pool is cake?!?

Bpx's Pool:
Pool 35

Fatal
LEFFEN
M@v
BPOW
Luigi Sama

Colin's Pool:

Pool 16
Denti
Z
HelpR
Litez
Wang

I know nothing about the players in Colin's pool, but I have seen a few matches of the players in Bpx's pool and they, for the most part, are no group of slouches.

Even more good news for Colin, Denti is an olimar main. So at least having some matchup experience will help there.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Colin & Brandon: From my experience specially with this big of tourneys is don't take anyone lightly it's a major so everyone is bringing their best, if you come across someone well known don't let that make you nervous and just play the way you normally would and lastly if you lose take a minute or two on the character select screen and think where it went wrong or what can you do to change that trust me taking a minute or so will help you relax win or lose >.0

Brandon: If you SD don't let that bother you take the whole time on the halo it will give you some time to get some re composure plus it will build up Wario's fart ^.^

Colin: Same thing but don't always go for those upB kills I seen matches where a simple Nair or Fsmash will have done the job but you end up going for upB miss and get punish really hard for it.

That's all I can say for now so good luck v(^.^)v

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Brawl: I'm not going to lie, watching brawl in 2012 is entertaining. People are getting better at approaching, so the campy style doesn't prevail as much as it used to back in the day. I'm still shocked to see Olimars beating IC's. That ish just blows my mind.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Melee anyone?
Anytime.
Someone say melee?....

:phone:
Always.
@Brawl: I'm not going to lie, watching brawl in 2012 is entertaining. People are getting better at approaching, so the campy style doesn't prevail as much as it used to back in the day. I'm still shocked to see Olimars beating IC's. That ish just blows my mind.
Except with the way the game is designed being campy/super safe will always be more beneficial than being aggressive.
Posting in the Nebraska AND Iowa thread? You're definitely a fucking troll. I'll kill you.
:hamtaro::hamtaro::hamtaro:

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Posting in the Nebraska AND Iowa thread? You're definitely a fucking troll. I'll kill you.
From omaha currently in Des moines. My lil bro just got his first real taste of Brawl over the weekend and hes looking to improve his game. I am looking for some friendly competition. Sounds like you're not the one for friendly competition...

Either way...I've only known a few people in omaha to be good at brawl. I doubt you're one of them. :glare:

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Conspiracy*: There are people who play Brawl in Iowa if you are interested we can keep you posted. I suspect it will mostly be going down in Ames, so expect to do a bit of driving.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Thank you. I'd love to get into a group that plays. I have a family so it could be sporadic but Im down for a trip to Ames.

I am interested in seeing where I stand in terms of people that would consider themselves pretty good players. I can hold my own, I've only known really one person that I have a really hard time beating.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Conspiracy*: Well you are in luck. We have some decent new school players here. They will probably give you a run for your money. I'm decent, but I only really have 2 or 3 characters I can play; a huge penguin, a primate, and a fat guy that rides a motorcycle.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Joker: Man, If you ever decide to come back to Brawl...Comeback hardcore! They got some tactics and movement that are NICE in 2012. Platform surfing Snakes!?!?! The Snake metagame is looking hot right now.
Well platform surfing has been out for a while and personally I don't think is all that useful maybe for a hit or two it just a move that is not really meant for Snake since for one he has to double jump to get to the platform and two you don't really want to be on top of some chars with Snake like MK.
Also I haven't quit like I mention before I don't have anyone to play with Greg doesn't play the game so he won't drive to Ames which is cool cause instead we either play or go to Kevin's to play Marvel.

Could you give me an example of who used to camp against who and how they are approaching them instead. As for Olimar beating IC that's just the fruits of MK ban people taught they where going to be the new MK but nope >.<

On another note this is Blank ^.^

Before:

After:

Top Bottom