• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
It'd be cool if you got KoF13, I'll be interested in playing it with you.

I'll make Generations worth 50 bucks, seeing as I'll probably be speedrunning it a bunch for a while. Missions look nice too. Getting another copy of Marvel sure as hell ain't worth the extra 30-40 bucks after I already bought the original.

Sonic's son is so cute man look at him.

Apparently he waits at the bus stop to go to school, his mom doesn't want him showing off.

Soran

Smash Ace
Blank, be forewarned. Some frame issues are issues indeed.

That's what I hear. From Saros. He is diehard, hardest of core sonic fan. But yeah, he loves the game.
besides the fact that there are frame issues at the worst of times. Like when you need to do a special trick that requires timing and then the lag kicks in and screws you all up.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Probably. PS3 ports tend to have awful frame issues. Whatever, theres nothing I can really do about it.

Until I move in with Ngamer or something. :3

BOLT08

Smash Lord
@joker what kind of issues have been happening at tourneys? What will be the venue fee? Idk about the 26th, I have no idea what's going on this month.

Also, Arkham City is amazing.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Greg: Sorry I didn't respond back. I knew it was gonna rain/snow today, so I was pretty much talking to ames people. But never fear, nothing happened :-D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The way I see it

Top Tier: Wesker/Vergil/Dormammu imo.

Then there'll be a lot of characters up there but not quite at their level. Phoenix will just do what shes always done, make your point character live forever and then roll the dice. Theres actually risk to playing her now with the airdash and cover fire nerfs, but you can still be lazy and make mistakes just by having her in the 3rd slot.

Soran

Smash Ace
on the Topic of Brawl: Snake.

MGS Collection HD sounds like a really good idea right now. Since MGS3 is my all-time favorite MGS game and it's Subsistence and I missed out on that free-look camera.
MGS is freaking phenomenal!!!! It's like, so good and deep that your heart quivers from the epic shock the game induces into your very soul. YOUR SOUL!

/donesauce

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I just want to play Smash today, but you guys should come down today. I promise I'll drive up there next week if y'all have games.

§chizm

Smash Lord
The way I see it

Top Tier: Wesker/Vergil/Dormammu imo.

Then there'll be a lot of characters up there but not quite at their level. Phoenix will just do what shes always done, make your point character live forever and then roll the dice. Theres actually risk to playing her now with the airdash and cover fire nerfs, but you can still be lazy and make mistakes just by having her in the 3rd slot.
Trenchcoats are OP.
But yeah Dormammu looks realllly good so far.

Well....any brawl being played today in Ames or DSM? Weather seems tolerable today.
I'd be up for either. I'll be busy in Ames till like 6:30ish but I'd be up for games wherever afterwards, just hit me up if you play.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@DMI: Well, good news for me is a lot of my obligations got cancelled, so I'm actually free to play....bad news is....I can't find or get in contact with anyone else in Ames. :-\...I'll wait around at the office and get some more work done, then I might just head over to DSM by myself. I probably won't get to play tomorrow, unless it is in Ames.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
We should have games in Ames tomorrow ^-^ I'd be for going to Des Moines tonight, but I have like 5 homework assignments omfg

Also the 26th is prolly a no-go for me personally due to Turkey Day with the family and then the Black Friday madness.

Fidz

Smash Rookie
I'm at University of Iowa

As far as the next tournament goes I vote for the next week if possible, I'll be in Chicago still on the 26th :(
Hey man! Same here, I go to the University as well, I'd love to play some Smash with ya, if you're interested. I've got a couple of friends who are interested in meeting up with new folks to play some Smash also. We primarily play Melee, but personally I'd love to learn more about Brawl. Lemme know!

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey man! Same here, I go to the University as well, I'd love to play some Smash with ya, if you're interested. I've got a couple of friends who are interested in meeting up with new folks to play some Smash also. We primarily play Melee, but personally I'd love to learn more about Brawl. Lemme know!
Get ready to have your dreams crushed. Just sayin'.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Sorry guys I wasn't really sure when was Thanksgiving since I don't really celebrate it and is just a regular day for me but I think I'll set the date for the week after which should be December 3 plus it gives me more time to play UMvC3 ^.^

So yeah hopefully that date works better for more people now.

Soran

Smash Ace
I'll be back... soon. If you speak the truth. I really want to go. I'll be requesting work off!!!!!

ngamer?

BPx

Smash Lord
so, revenge is next weekend(the 19th)... Anyone interested?
<-joker taught me that

you might be thinking, BUT BRANDON, THIS WILL BE SOOO EXPENSIVE
the truth is, it won't actually be that bad!
we can drive to st louis, and ride with rauleen/jordan/tmacc in their vehicle that holds 8 people. also, thugz friend in iowa city wants to come for sure(leroy), and we can pick anyone up in IAC on the way to STL(JJ?).
money wise: gas will be about 70-80 RT to StL, and StL to cinci RT was only about 20 dollars for me last time.
soooooo, expensises
GAS:
here to stl = 80/# of people riding = 20 dollars each if we can fill my car
stl to cinci = 20 dollars each
40 dollars total
TOURNEY FEES:
5 dollar venue
10 singles
10 doubles
FOOD:
whatever your fatasses eat = 30 dollars
total (with food)= ONLY 95 DOLLARS!

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Small problem, as there is something (IDK exactly what- a tourney, just a get together or what) going on the 3rd in Ames at Pixels. Greg, help me out.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: I don't think so. I haven't heard anything, and I'm not available to play. Maybe Sunday or Next Tuesday?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
total (with food)= ONLY 95 DOLLARS!
Dayum I rather buy Arkham City Special Edition which is like $100 or so and I will be able to enjoy that for more then a day or KOF13 lol but sorry mang that trip sounds way to expensive (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Small problem, as there is something (IDK exactly what- a tourney, just a get together or what) going on the 3rd in Ames at Pixels. Greg, help me out.
I have no clue what is right now either, but make it December 10th.
Well then I'm interested on this too lol so if possible I'll like to tag along >.0

dec 10 is right in the middle of finals
ic well what ever date you think works like I said before November and December are really busy months and turn outs aren't that good but yeah which ever day works for you guys ^.^

Top Bottom