• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I'm actually considering making it out to this. Two tourneys in two days, YEAH!

Two questions: Will there be a Marvel tournament? Who from Nebraska will be there?

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm actually considering making it out to this. Two tourneys in two days, YEAH!

Two questions: Will there be a Marvel tournament? Who from Nebraska will be there?
aww, I can't go anyway / :

I would dominate the marvel scene. *sarcasm* I suck at that game >: P

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
@Blake:

Did Bill talk to you about going to the tournament that Lux was hosting? I think I'm going to take him up on that. :p

Also hi from Florida guys! ...it's hot here. X_X

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Someone's got to answer me, here. As of right now though I do plan on making the trip. I'll get there around 12:30 or so, but will have to leave around 11:30. I have to get games in, keep this in mind!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
No, i could never do that to myself. I simply bought him a new one.
I'm so thankful <3
I been wanting to watch this series again but I holding myself till you come back >.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxXxaAUQ24&feature=related

What excellent events shall be held at this fashionable shindig?
Probably try to do some of the stuff we didn't do last time like Doubles with Items and random shenanigans but you guys should totally come ^.^

What time is this thing seriously?
Well there's no actual start time but if people can get here from 1ish and up that should work.

ill b showing up around 5 or so
As long as you still show up o.0

Someone's got to answer me, here. As of right now though I do plan on making the trip. I'll get there around 12:30 or so, but will have to leave around 11:30. I have to get games in, keep this in mind!
K wake me up when you get here >.<
What other tourney you going to or talking about?
Also I remember way back I saw you vid of cliche stuff that happens in anime can't remember but was drinking milk one of them like I have seen a couple now in which they get out of the shower and drink some milk fresh of the shower so yeah. We still need to talk about Evangelion <(^.^<)

Uli

Smash Champion
Hourou musuko is so good! It'll be like the only manga I read ever, and the anime is looking pretty nice too.

What are the rest of you asians on? Madoka!?
i was gonna start reading this. thanks for reminding me. anime sucks right now. reading manga all day babyy.
i need to play marvel with everyone in des moines. to bad im not going tomorrow D:

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Hourou musuko is so good! It'll be like the only manga I read ever, and the anime is looking pretty nice too.

What are the rest of you asians on? Madoka!?
I ain't no chinky winky but I have been enjoying the Madoka. Also, if your thing is anime about transvestites then check out Kuragehime. It ran on the same noitaminA block as Wandering Son.

gantrain05

Smash Master
potential good news i suppose, im getting my old job back in ankeny at my old crapshack. which means that i'll finally have money again, and i might be moving back there. so you guys might have to put up with me hangin out at jokers again..........and u thought u could get rid of me that easily....bahahahaha

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Well I'm pretty sure people will play it but not sure how many will actually enter a tourney for it o.0
What kind of turnout would you expect if it was a real monthly? Damn Smash kids wouldn't enter this crap.

Nebraska should get there around 3:00, hopefully uber Nebraska will show up too.
WTF am I doing showing up so early then? I might as well sleep longer. Expect me after 1, if I come at all. D:

May 20th I return. Get hyped!!
This only means you have two months to potentially f*** up.

Also, will there be teams? If so, will it be before any type of singles play? If so, I need a teammate.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Greg I might ask to borrow one of your sticks for practice. My Joytron is gunna take weeks to get there. ;_;

I ain't no chinky winky but I have been enjoying the Madoka. Also, if your thing is anime about transvestites then check out Kuragehime. It ran on the same noitaminA block as Wandering Son.
I might check out Kuragehime, since others have recommended it to me.

To be honest though theres a lot of stuff you can check out for trap material, but I mean...the material generally ranges from perverted offerings like Mei No Nasho, or boy meets social group x where only girls are allowed.

The thing that struck me about Wandering Son was that it wasn't only neither of those, but the detail put into each character's emotional endeavors. I felt like I could've been any of those kids at some point (Maybe not 5th grade to be fair), and been through similar situations and feelings.

Plus the whole charlie brownxtraps thing is pretty nice with the simplistic art style. its heart-warming and I wish new chapters were out already. D:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska isn't coming due to lack of able bodies. Aura's sick as ****, GameGenie/Tyser never answers when I try to get a hold of them (though I didn't try Tyser today), and I've been living off 60$ for almost 2 weeks, can't afford gas by myself. Have a good time, I'll see you next week when I get paid for 3 weeks of stuff :)

Soran

Smash Ace
Foreign exchange students are awesome! well, this year they were.. why did this year have to be the best year? it's gonna make me miss highschool / :

Where my melee buddy at? games soon, Eastern IA kids. I'm going to call QRS the leader since he is awesome at smash and also is the only one willing to set up the smash events ^o^

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah. I was gonna come to this to play Marvel but then someone said Blank wasn't there so I'll wait for the next one.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
So we should hype the Minnesota tourney Iowa is gonna bring the call of duty money back :), we got 7th out of 36 teams today. We also knocked out the the winners from last year!

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey, nice to see everyone again, too bad i couldn't stay longer but i shall be attending these smashfests/tournies much more often now.

resTy

Smash Champion
You guys know about the 9:15 club? Well, my little 13-year old cousin just got a 9:13 on it last night in Mario Party 4. It was fucking ridiulous. This game is apparently real bad if a litttle girl is beating grown ass men.

Top Bottom