• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

THuGz

Smash Lord
Collin/Brandon/Dustin can someone pick me up from DSM this weekend? And take me back? I'll help for gas and stuff.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I think I hate Rob more then Soran now.
Also Rob, I can't even call that trolling. Unless you just like trolling yourself with embarrassingly bad posts.
Blank you read my mind kinda. Don't blame Rob, he's just acting out and getting attention anyway he can. I mean, if I was as lonely and pathetic as him, I'd probably try to be funny too. But since I'm not a total immature moron, I'd actually succeed at it. Rather than coming off as the most unfunny POS that ever lived.

Seriously rob, you should just try NOT failing at something. Just ONE thing.

Soran

Smash Ace
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/24/gundam_extreme_vs_ps3/

Blank you read my mind kinda. Don't blame Rob, he's just acting out and getting attention anyway he can. I mean, if I was as lonely and pathetic as him, I'd probably try to be funny too. But since I'm not a total immature moron, I'd actually succeed at it. Rather than coming off as the most unfunny POS that ever lived.

POS.... ???

Phantasy
Star

EDIT: Ohhhh, I know what that means. You just got dissed, Rob >: P You gon' take that?

resTy

Smash Champion
Good trolls try to make other people realize they're wrong [when they're probably right] or invoke something in them that makes them doubt themselves. I don't think you've ever done that on Smashboards before. All I see is standard failhard trolling from you. Sorry to break your heart, but there are thousands who are "on your level." It's nothing short of mediocre.

That first sentence was some helpful advice if you're actually serious...

Cook

Smash Master
Jokesdude (and other Iowegians), people have suggested having MvC3 as a side event at the next Kahoka. I see no problem with that, if there is enough time/setups/someone to run it. That add some interest???

Cook

Smash Master
Ok, cool. It's not that I'm UNWILLING to run it, I just don't know anything about it... I can still yell at people to play matches, though. Lol.

I think setups are a bigger issue, but if I don't do pools for Brawl, then it could probably just happen after Brawl and use some of the Brawl TVs.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

This post made my day. Some guy who has no idea about anything I've done ever outside of smash(boards) is going to say I fail at everything. Sorry, brah, but you just don't like me, so you won't find things I say funny unless it's in a twisted "lol waht a morin" ironic kind of humor. Fact is outside of 2 people from Iowa, the majority of responses were "LoL, funny", or "lol wtf?"

Even though inside jokes are a very bad form of comedy, online they seem to fuel more humor than anything, example Internet memes. If one person gets a good laugh out of something, it's worth every moment I spent on it, I don't write for you, I write for dan and the wolfs :p I wasn't aware you were the king of the punchline, my bad for intruding. Maybe if you actually went to a tournament you could give me some of your writing for me to get a good vibe. Maybe then you'd actually know me and you would have something real to go off of, because I don't think you have me pegged right at all, especially if you think I'm lonely. There's plenty of things to hate about me, but get it right first.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
You're sooooooooooo late. Funnily enough I just rewatched it yesterday. Jay giving future Fillia players a hard time already, getting her j.hp nerfed.
Dude I know I was watching random EVO vids and came across it lol but I still can't find his match between Marn o.0

Jokesdude (and other Iowegians), people have suggested having MvC3 as a side event at the next Kahoka. I see no problem with that, if there is enough time/setups/someone to run it. That add some interest???
If I were to for sure go, I'd definitely run it. Also, yes, I'm officially interested now.
^Pretty much this.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
This post made my day. Some guy who has no idea about anything I've done ever outside of smash(boards) is going to say I fail at everything. Sorry, brah, but you just don't like me, so you won't find things I say funny unless it's in a twisted "lol waht a morin" ironic kind of humor. Fact is outside of 2 people from Iowa, the majority of responses were "LoL, funny", or "lol wtf?"

Even though inside jokes are a very bad form of comedy, online they seem to fuel more humor than anything, example Internet memes. If one person gets a good laugh out of something, it's worth every moment I spent on it, I don't write for you, I write for dan and the wolfs :p I wasn't aware you were the king of the punchline, my bad for intruding. Maybe if you actually went to a tournament you could give me some of your writing for me to get a good vibe. Maybe then you'd actually know me and you would have something real to go off of, because I don't think you have me pegged right at all, especially if you think I'm lonely. There's plenty of things to hate about me, but get it right first.
Bolt and Tyser are pretty much saying whats on my mind, and you don't need to try and justify it. We all know why we hate you already.

Jayford

Smash Lord
evo 2011 champ!!!!

ALSO, why does everyone get so salty when they lose to me :(. Some random kid at fighting game club beat my troll team in MvC3 and was like loool you're bad. So I was like **** this and played my real team and beat him like 7-0. Then he was like I BEAT KURASA YOU'RE JUST SOME RANDOM SCRUB. HOW AM I LOSING TO YOU!!!!!

Cook

Smash Master
Well, -I- still like Rob!

And all of you!!!

Well, maybe not Soran, but I've never met him, so I'll reserve judgment.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nebraska drama is just uncouth shallow-ness blown from the internet to make something that isn't important seem like it is.

Iowa drama is 100% real raw hate and emotion baby.

Oh wait thats just when I'm involved.

Cook

Smash Master
In Blank lies the soul of the killer, the heart of the lover, and the mind of the poet. He is all things, and no things. He is BLANK.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
All Rob does is cry for attention and lives in complete denial.

"Lol, you're all wrong, I'm better than trent and everyone else in NE."
"Lol you're dumb, everyone likes me. Right?"

Tyser couldn't have said it better, "The difference is that they have proof that they're godlike. You just talk. Nobody knows you..." (they referencing Jiano and Cosmo)

All you do is take up space in this thread with garbage. Post in a thread where people actually care about what you have to say, if you can find one.

Cook

Smash Master
IA is a very hostile place. I guess I'd be hostile if I lived there, too. And it IS the birthplace of John Wayne.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Purdue so SALTY! Man, I miss you already just for the fact you gave me really good practice. Also, Kurasa is gdlk at TvC but sucks at Marvel unfortunately so whoever that was didn't accomplish ****. I'm thinking my 10 win streak (or whatever it was) on the Hyper Fighting cab against him isn't worth so much as well.

I think he should play smash. That makes you good at stuff, right? (lol)

<3 Blank and this thread.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
:troll:

ALSO, why does everyone get so salty when they lose to me :(
That's what's to expect when you are Indiana FINEST ^.^
But I don't think I ever got salty when I lost to you. . . . . . . . . . . . . maybe that one tourney you know which one T.T

iowa boards bringing that nebraska drama. love it
Now is the Nebraska ark >.<

All you do is take up space in this thread with garbage. Post in a thread where people actually care about what you have to say, if you can find one.
Welcome to the Iowa thread we talk about Anime, fighting games, start drama and pretty much talk about random stuff enjoy your stay >.>

And it IS the birthplace of John Wayne.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMEFcYij2uY#t=0m59s

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All Rob does is cry for attention and lives in complete denial.

"Lol, you're all wrong, I'm better than trent and everyone else in NE."
"Lol you're dumb, everyone likes me. Right?"

Tyser couldn't have said it better, "The difference is that they have proof that they're godlike. You just talk. Nobody knows you..." (they referencing Jiano and Cosmo)

I do love attention, fact.

The argument with Trent and I over who's the best was recently won by myself. I am the best Brawl Player in my state (since Tyser isn't a brawl player). Trent doesn't play enough to qualify anymore, he would say the same thing now, especially after losing to Thugz. I didn't want to be a d!ck about it because I think Trent was embarrassed about it, but thanks for forcing my hand.

I would never say everyone likes me, that's ignorant. Hell, the majority of people in the world hate me for no reason other than I'm an American, let alone people on this thread for hating me for my lack of insecurity/their own insecurities. Fact is that I've been successful in almost everything I've tried to do, whether it's being a 2 time all american in swimming (If you don't believe me, I'll dig up my certificates later), published in a poetry magazine or being a top 5 Mega Man(X) series player in the WORLD, these are things I care about and I have been near the peak of excellence in those fields. Except poetry, I'm bad at that. I don't consider my brawl career a failure, I'm doing this for fun and to meet new people.

I proved Tyser 100% wrong in the thing you quoted, too bad you are blind with rage to actually listen to reason. Someone showing a clip of some guy who I didn't even know played Mega Man, trying to speed run and finishes 10 minutes slower than my time is NOT going to prove anything, especially when I can actually prove my time in Mega Man 10, making everything Tyser spat out to be irrelevant. If I was talking about LOZ and he wanted to show me up with talking about Cozmo, then I'd listen and maybe he'd have something to prove.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
The argument with Trent and I over who's the best was recently won by myself. I am the best Brawl Player in my state (since Tyser isn't a brawl player). Trent doesn't play enough to qualify anymore, he would say the same thing now, especially after losing to Thugz. I didn't want to be a d!ck about it because I think Trent was embarrassed about it, but thanks for forcing my hand.
Well I'll say this you and Trent are the best in Nebraska the fact that Trent lost to Thugz means nothing and sure he got 5th but look at the people he played and lost too hell you even said he got an ez bracket then lost to Kansas don't just look at the placing but what people he played I mean if he placed higher then say M2K because Thugz played a bunch of random people while M2K played a bunch of top players that will make Thugz a better player o.0

Also I think Bolt is just being Bolt he gives Tyser crap when ever he post random crap or us cause we talk about pokemon so yeah >.<

By the way I like you Rob only thing I dislike is what you and Brandon or Dustin do don't take it the wrong way it just that I had a really bad experience and I don't like being around it even smelling it brings back unpleasant memories T.T

@Blank: So I don't think I need to borrow Bayonetta for the 360 anymore cause Reece took his back but I'll still try the PS3 one lol >.<

PortCity

Smash Ace
Things are back to normal around here. Drama on the boards and I'm NOT involved! I get to watch the entertainment, not be a part of it.

Soran

Smash Ace
drama lama.

we should just watch ponies and get along. I mean, EXVS comes out this December... SO WHAT'S NOT TO BE HAPPY ABOUT!?

Rob, stop being the way you are. I think it's just making you look more assclownish.
I guess being the best brawler in your state makes you that way?

and Joker, I can really respect you about that feeling. Sometimes I feel like I should do it just because nearly all my friends do and whenever I DO do it everybody enjoys it greatly. I feel pleasing people is all there is to do when it comes to human-interactions

nuggets.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I do love attention, fact.

I would never say everyone likes me, that's ignorant. Hell, the majority of people in the world hate me for no reason other than I'm an American, let alone people on this thread for hating me for my lack of insecurity/their own insecurities. Fact is that I've been successful in almost everything I've tried to do, whether it's being a 2 time all american in swimming (If you don't believe me, I'll dig up my certificates later), published in a poetry magazine or being a top 5 Mega Man(X) series player in the WORLD, these are things I care about and I have been near the peak of excellence in those fields. Except poetry, I'm bad at that. I don't consider my brawl career a failure, I'm doing this for fun and to meet new people.

I proved Tyser 100% wrong in the thing you quoted, too bad you are blind with rage to actually listen to reason. Someone showing a clip of some guy who I didn't even know played Mega Man, trying to speed run and finishes 10 minutes slower than my time is NOT going to prove anything, especially when I can actually prove my time in Mega Man 10, making everything Tyser spat out to be irrelevant. If I was talking about LOZ and he wanted to show me up with talking about Cozmo, then I'd listen and maybe he'd have something to prove.
You have an unrealistic perception of yourself. Its only proven further by the fact you argue back about said perception intently even though its unimportant to other people.

There is pride, and there is narcissism. You say you've been successful at "everything you do." Well seeing how you apply it, I doubt anyone gives a damn. Your "line of thinking" is that whenever you are threatened by internet tough guys like Bolt and Tyser is to talk about your high school swimming days or megaman accomplishments. Brawl is just the most obvious offender because the fact is, you're not doing **** to earn a title worth respect, you're just applying it to yourself by default and flaunting it. Why should we expect anything more from your other accomplishments with that attitude?

See I used to argue this with Soran, but there is less excuse with you because you're older, you actually consider yourself "trolling," and you have tried hard to toss yourself into the gauntlet of shallow competitive video game pride.

The fact that you try to play off this argument like haters jealous of you just makes you more of a pompous clown. Even if you were to do anything worth anything to us, your attitude is ****ty and I wouldn't pay it any mind whatsoever. The more serious you make un-serious games the more it feels like you're grasping for straws. If you want to make something serious you take pride in it for the sport, not because you think it makes you look good. All you do is tarnish any respect I have for anything you partake in, and clearly you think that's what you're supposed to be getting. You're superficial and big-headed, and its made worst because of the complete and utter trash you pull to dignify it

Your posts and just about the rest of the trivial Nebraska arguments have pretty much been worthless. All you've been is that guy who plays brawl and holds ego contests with people on the boards, and pretending like hes entertaining stuff. If I didn't quit the game you'd be one of the players I'd be most spiteful of. You and most of the new Nebraska folk. I don't really want to get to know about you, or your accomplishments. You and Thugz argue for literally no reason and take the game too seriously for a game you've probably spent little thought on because you've been busier arguing its social merit. A good player could tell me what the grinds and tests of patience are like, the transparent thought process, the meticulous autopilot they've worked out. A player that makes me disrespect the game is one who judges it on how it can add value to them, because its easier and convenient. Thats basically you, adding merit when convenient and blaming "insecurities" when people try to pull you off your inflated high chair.

MLP season 2 is coming on the 17~

Top Bottom