• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kuares

Pizza
For the next Jokers, I got a friend at Drake University(bit south of DSM) with some friend's who play Melee(not sure how what think of Brawl) but anyways, I was going to try to get them to your tourney the 23rd.

I hope you can start the tourney reasonably early so they don't get bored or something.

gantrain05

Smash Master
wait does this mean that BC is back? out of retirement? if so i better work on my trash talk game. i'm supposed to be workin on the 23rd but its a few weeks away and i might be able to get the day off. if not i may show up around 1am for a few hours after i get off work.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
wait does this mean that BC is back? out of retirement? if so i better work on my trash talk game. i'm supposed to be workin on the 23rd but its a few weeks away and i might be able to get the day off. if not i may show up around 1am for a few hours after i get off work.
I may be making a special guest appearance ;)

TRASH TALK WUT!?!?! 1v1!!?!?!?
Get outta here bro

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
^This. I never really mean anything bad about I just like giving friends crap I give Reece and Blank so much crap but it's all in fun actually I think Reece is the only one that ever takes jabs at me ^.^

So there really isn't enough interest in it for people to want to play it again I'm going the wrong way about it by pushing it on people to play singles.
I remember when I started taking jabs at Joker, he looked at me like "are you serious" because he didn't get it. I've been making jokes he hasn't gotten ever sense :p

Playing singles helps playing doubles more than playing doubles helps in singles imo, and I prefer singles over doubles, but 4 people playing at the same time does have benefits.

All I know is whenever I come over-- It's ALWAYS doubles. ALWAYS. ALLLLLLWAAAAYS. Can this be explained? Yes. No one seems to care/have fun with singles in this state. It's the reality until proven otherwise.
Because your players like doubles and won't play singles.

Out of state is the only time anything ever matters anyways.

As for the doubles thing. All Nebraska does is play doubles also and it's fucking stupid and annoying which is why I quit Smash. It's not like it's not gonna help me or nothing, I just hate seeing four cartoon characters on the screen. Might as well just play FFA with items on and make it a fun, playable game..
This, that's why I allow myself to be #1 in Brawl even though Tyser D3's me.

And this isn't entirely true. I play a lot of singles with JBM/Smeesh/Shawn/David, but when Mo/Ian and occasionally Nims are over all they play is doubles.

I agree, but someone constantly being condescending to 'doubles players' isn't making said 'doubles players' want to play singles with him :[
JBM says I'm top 3 in teams in the state for Melee. So long as I'm teaming with JBM/Smeesh/David/Tyser this might be true, I'm really great at support/stock tanking while being able to run in and kill at random points when my partner isn't able to land it. However, I'm barely 8th in singles on my best day and others worst day. Pretty big discrepency. However, take the complement, even if it sounds condescending.

No one in Nebraska ever plays teams in Brawl, all we I do is play melee play singles against randoms trying to build the community.

Overall, he's just a godly mofo who quit the game so that other people can get on his level. BC IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE MIDWEST! GET LIKE THE KID!
So I should play him like he's 4rce, never roll and spam reflector and shoot laser/space f-smash all day?

Or I should play him like he's Thugz and wait for him to tornado and **** him for it.

I'm so bad at the game now cause like Tyser said, I do the exact same thing over and over haha! It's fun tho.
But u are indeed correct. I literally just do forward glide toss with nanners into grab over and over.
When are people from NE coming to the DSM area again?
I might consider playin some games since its been forever!!!
EDIT: I am by far more chunky than buff. In fact, im not buff at all. Also since coming to ISU ive gotten fat as hell rofl
Hey I was right earlier!

I'll be at Jokers, I'd love to play someone who wins tournaments.

And welcome to college, I gained 60 pounds overall, but I was a cut 160 in high school.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
ah **** BC take that thing u call a game over to the day care, and let the big boys play =P
Oh pft... You play any SC2? I heard u were boss at SC1.

Hey I was right earlier!

I'll be at Jokers, I'd love to play someone who wins tournaments.

And welcome to college, I gained 60 pounds overall, but I was a cut 160 in high school.
Alright cool! I'll see u there then if i go.
Prepare for the forward glide toss into grab cause thats all ill be doin.
Although i might try to mix something up now since thats what everyone will expect...? MINDGAMES

Yea same thing is happening to me in college lol... Sad story :(

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ the boards blew up since this morning.
Hater's gonna hate
(I didn't even play BC this weekend btw[single elim], I went random against Debo cause I wanted to go back to the dorms for a bit, got Zelda/Yoshi, and he said he wanted the 10 dollar gift card, I didn't care at that point.)

The reason I like playing doubles when we come is cause it sucks to drive that much and not be able to play the whole time. Doubles lets 4 people play at once, which is usually all we have over :/
I didn't really care about the gift card, I was just messing. Sorry, my sarcasm is sometimes hit/miss.
And that's why I like playing teams too. Also, no ghey time-outs/6 minute long matches that are boring as hell.

@Joker: You clearly missed the fact I was "teasing" you. Debo is not better than you. I wasn't saying that or arguing that. That is why I put the smiley faces in there....that said...laggy TV's are an issue. We both know BC had no problems playing diddy with lag...hahahahah...he was throwing bananas :)... I dacus, infinite,boost pivot grab, jab cancel into grab, time edge hogs....so yes even though it would be hard on BC, i think it really means something for other players. Especially falco timing lasers....anyway....again...Joker I was just teasing, I am throwing Debo under the bus and saying you are better than him :)

@Tyser: Wait what lol....i just glanced at your post....You missed the point too?!? Hahaha, I'm silly, but I'm not crazy. If I had to do a power ranking I would NOT be placing Debo above Joker. .... oh yeah, you are trolling :-D ... you got me ...good job...i took the bait :)
Ow. Buses are heavy. But yeah, I'm definitely not better than Joker. Flukes happen.

Yea same thing is happening to me in college lol... Sad story :(
I gained weight my freshman year, but I'm in better shape now then I was in high school. It takes a lot of self control to not get fat in college with all the quick food and the rush rush rush lifestyle. Not to mention the beer.

And also, the HDTV really f*cked me up. But that being said, I still should have won if I was just flat out better. So GG's. Also, I would like a rematch sometime, on a NON HD tv. No offense, but I have tons of practice against Pcity's diddy. And I would wager his is miles better than yours.

I can't make the tourney if it's on the 23rd. I'm going home that weekend to see my sister who's been in Germany for like a year, and see my newborn nephew.

Also, I got a email back for a job this summer. So it appears as though I will be out of town Mon-Thursday, camping and whatnot. So, weekends I might be able to make an appearance. But we'll see.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
nah i don't play sc2, i'm still playin SC lol.
Well u should... Its SOOO GOOD!

Jesus Christ the boards blew up since this morning.
Hater's gonna hate

I didn't really care about the gift card, I was just messing. Sorry, my sarcasm is sometimes hit/miss.

I gained weight my freshman year, but I'm in better shape now then I was in high school. It takes a lot of self control to not get fat in college with all the quick food and the rush rush rush lifestyle. Not to mention the beer.

And also, the HDTV really f*cked me up. But that being said, I still should have won if I was just flat out better. So GG's. Also, I would like a rematch sometime, on a NON HD tv. No offense, but I have tons of practice against Pcity's diddy. And I would wager his is miles better than yours.

I can't make the tourney if it's on the 23rd. I'm going home that weekend to see my sister who's been in Germany for like a year, and see my newborn nephew.
Oh u definitely wanted that $10 Best Buy gift card dont lie ;)

Yea that HDTV was bad... Yea I'm fine with a rematch.
Oh I know his Diddy is miles better cause he actually still plays lol.
Back when we both played tho I would always beat him and he knows that :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
@-BC- / Proficient: LOL...I would love to see you two play in tourney again :-D...and yeah...i still have some matches from back in the day hahahah.....I still shake my head whenever I see them....Me losing to -BS-...oops i mean -BC- :-D

@BPx: Joker is challenging you to time him out from now on. Take him up on his offer :-D

@Joker: I'll try to stop teasing you when we play, whether it is online, singles, or doubles. It seems that it is getting to you, when you hear it, period. Cause when we were playing in the tourney, I was talking noise to CBK about choosing Metaknight, but you took it as an attack on you. So in light of that, I'll tone it all the way down when we play................. Anyway, I am available on the 23rd to team, if you don't hate me still :-D. However, I can get there only as early as 8:10. So, it is all on you. If you don't think it will end on time, don't worry, I won't be offended. But yeah unfortunately, I will have more time on my hands than I expected. :(

@Debo: Wow, thanks man. For taking that bus hit for me. I appreciate it :-D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I wish I could leave for yonder then come back like BC did and suddenly have this thread explode.

Lol <3 BC, and I laughed too much at Tyser's description of you. Tyser is just boggled when people grab him man, "I never ****ing get grabbed by Jigglypuff, this games bad" but its pretty true dude. BC was light years ahead of the Diddy metagame for his time. I remember he'd just throw side-B and be like "This move is the best move, it beats everything."

Truth is, Brawl singles and Brawl Doubles are pretty different lol. And just as much you can't really apply any logic to a lot of brawl matchups. A match could immediately go wrong based on who gets the first hit, and someone who camps might just get bored one day and give you a win you probably hardly worked for. I'm bad at the game and get free wins all the time, I just have to throw moves and people get hit by it I guess.

Bolt and Smeesh are two people I see like that all the time. When they feel like playing as gay and safe as possible, they win a lot more. Its just not always like that.

No I'm not in Georgia Uli, I'm playing blackjack up in MN. Making bankroll off my paycheck is pretty legit, but takes forever and is hella stressful watching my mom piss away money on and off. Either way its dress money, so you guys better be ready next con. :3

Also Ngamer was the cute asian guy in the background of tourneys who hardly talked to me. x3

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
What? If I beat JLO (easily) :awesome: at BW, what does that make me?

Yoshi is cool.
Well if u wanna be cool, u gotta be me at SC2 ;)

BC is back. Let's get the return of Fall and V2K now.
OH SHTTT
No chance those dudes would come back tho.

Bc is back? might have to come to a tourney to say what up.
JBM man! You definitely should come if I end up going.

@-BC- / Proficient: LOL...I would love to see you two play in tourney again :-D...and yeah...i still have some matches from back in the day hahahah.....I still shake my head whenever I see them....Me losing to -BS-...oops i mean -BC- :-D
Haha!! Man I loved it... It was awesome when u would get ur 2 nannerz out and allow me to use 4 :D
Those days are over now tho sadly :(

I wish I could leave for yonder then come back like BC did and suddenly have this thread explode.

Lol <3 BC, and I laughed too much at Tyser's description of you. Tyser is just boggled when people grab him man, "I never ****ing get grabbed by Jigglypuff, this games bad" but its pretty true dude. BC was light years ahead of the Diddy metagame for his time. I remember he'd just throw side-B and be like "This move is the best move, it beats everything.
Haha idk about that... I was decent, but not that good.

We need to play some games again man!

-BC-

resTy

Smash Champion
I hate the shit out of this new layout. It's too stylish and hip for my liking. I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!

EDIT: Changed my layout so it's super duper old school (blue/black layout). Much better than this new crap.

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah, metal made this layout, its nice I think :o

BC I still don't think we've played, other than one of the first lans playing random chars haha. Do you wanna play sometime this week? I could spare a few hours sometime if you wanted to :O

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
If the thread is exploding for this scrub imagine what would happen if I came back :p
Uhh.. yea.. no

BC I still don't think we've played, other than one of the first lans playing random chars haha. Do you wanna play sometime this week? I could spare a few hours sometime if you wanted to :O
Alright I'm game. Except the only time I have available to play would be Thursday.
Also, I don't have my Wii up here or anything but I'm assuming u have yours.

If i beat u with my Donkey Kong tho, im leaving ;)

EDIT: Tonight after 4 sometime would work as well

BPx

Smash Lord
Lets do Thursday. I have a comp sci project due tomorrow. =[
If I beat you with my Donkey Kong... :O
CBK we still need our Donkey Dittos!

BPx

Smash Lord
I'll text Becca and see if she wants to play. We might be able to do it over there, if not, we can work something out. I don't have an actual TV that will play w/o lag, but I can bring my Wii over if you want... or if Sekou can reserve the clubhouse or something, its been a while since we did that ^_^

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Joker: I'll try to stop teasing you when we play, whether it is online, singles, or doubles. It seems that it is getting to you, when you hear it, period. Cause when we were playing in the tourney, I was talking noise to CBK about choosing Metaknight, but you took it as an attack on you. So in light of that, I'll tone it all the way down when we play.
The reason why I hate when you trash talk my team is cause you always make it sound your team is better I don't really team with anyone here and like I have mention before I don't see myself teaming with anyone here cause when it comes down to it everyone ALWAYS fails me for some reason they will always try with you but say fack you when is me, I start thinking maybe my play style is the thing that is messing them up but then I team with TMACC first time ever teaming with him I don't do anything different and went all the way to GF. Back in the day I didn't mind playing doubles cause I had Razor and he was my teammate so I actually wanted to practice now I'm only playing to hear you trash talk to me cause I'm giving you team practice cause you and Brandon pretty much team everytime so then you get to practice stuff together while I'm stuck learning nothing.
So when it comes down to it I don't see why you feel the need to talk down to my team knowing that no matter who I team from IA it's pretty much free for you.

Anyway, I am available on the 23rd to team, if you don't hate me still :-D. However, I can get there only as early as 8:10. So, it is all on you. If you don't think it will end on time, don't worry, I won't be offended. But yeah unfortunately, I will have more time on my hands than I expected.
Man I hate this time of the year cause it makes it harder to hold the tourney for you >.<
I was already hesitant about holding the tourney till 7pm cause even thought it say midnight I'll like to finish sooner if possible like 10pm. So I'll try to hold the tourney but like Brandon mention is Easter weekend and last time not many people showed up so it all depends on how many people are here that day.

BPx

Smash Lord
Nobody ever complains about teaming with Joker, Joker complains about people not playing well when they do team with him. Big difference.

Also, Joker, I've asked you to become a consistent doubles partner, and I would put work into the team just like I did with Sekou... It makes sense, because we go to all the events / circuit events together. W/e though I guess.

I've got a solid foundation in doubles, but now its time to step up my singles game. After I finish this project, I should be able to play a lot. Debo/BC/Sekou, you guys should just let me know when you're free, I'll bring my CRT TV up from DSM, and get brawl going in my room. I'll talk to Becca/Conner see if they want to play more too. (and Schizm if he is ever up here)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Not complain but they don't play well it's probably the Sekou factor or something.
I seem to able to team with only you and TMACC is a D3 fetish ^.^

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
wow i sorta like the layout its not bad at all..^_^

BPx donkey dittos FO SHO!!!! best out of 9 set?...LOL

joker i would totally be ur partner its just i fail everytime...=( but the only reason that is...is b/c i dont play this game as much as i used to since of work and no car...sucks but like i said once i get my car practice all the time...^_^v

METAL!!!!! u comin to this tourny right??

LAWL!! joker its werid how well we both team with MO...but yea...>_<

BPx

Smash Lord
It's not DDD, everyone in Iowa just sucks. Pure and simple.
Attitudes like these don't help. We should be trying to make ourselves get better, not saying everyone in the state sucks and stating it as a fact. I don't even know who wants to get better. I wish we were coming down like last semester >.<

Top Bottom