• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BOLT08

Smash Lord
How bad did BC ****?
He won 3-1

You guys freaking suck how do you lose to BC that dude doesn't even play Brawl at least not as much as you do but I guess it was Singles so that will explain why.

I'm gonna go with HDTV johns. I couldn't even short hop.

That's funny that Bolt lost to BC when BC only plays Brawl once per year.
Meh, can't win em all.

the most popular kid in his high school duh.
LOL this is win. I totally remember that argument.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@The whole getting rolled up and smoked by -BC- : I can understand losing if you are playing on laggy tv's. I could NEVER play diddy in that situation, and would be forced to play my half..... wario :). So I can perfectly understand how Debo lost to BC. And Joker :) you can't talk noise to Debo until you beat him again in tourney or CRUSH his face in friendlies. He is currently up on you :-) .... hehehe....I'm trying to throw my hat into this internet drama :)...cause last weekend was the WORST WEEKEND EVER :-\

BPx

Smash Lord
You guys freaking suck how do you lose to BC that dude doesn't even play Brawl at least not as much as you do but I guess it was Singles so that will explain why.
Really? Stop separating players into singles and doubles. Its dumb. I play singles, I play doubles. I'm a brawl player. And I've told you I've been trying to focus on singles...

"When will you see me as a singles player?"
"When you stop playing doubles."

Its really just annoying, we drove down every week to play last semester, we could just stay in Ames and play singles... or doubles with becca/connor...

resTy

Smash Champion
Yo, Bolt. I like to give you shit, but in the end, it's just in good fun. We're homies.

P.S. I main Singles in Melee and despise Doubles. That said, I'm pretty good at Doubles. I don't think it really matters if you specialize in whatever because in the end, it's the same shit. That's just me though.

P.S.S. I might want to come to the next monthly :')

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Doesn't BC play Diddy in Brawl????

LOL. No doubt he is really good, there's no shame in losing to him. That said though, lol.

All I know is whenever I come over-- It's ALWAYS doubles. ALWAYS. ALLLLLLWAAAAYS. Can this be explained? Yes. No one seems to care/have fun with singles in this state. It's the reality until proven otherwise.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@The whole getting rolled up and smoked by -BC- : I can understand losing if you are playing on laggy tv's. I could NEVER play diddy in that situation, and would be forced to play my half..... wario :). So I can perfectly understand how Debo lost to BC. And Joker :) you can't talk noise to Debo until you beat him again in tourney or CRUSH his face in friendlies. He is currently up on you :-) .... hehehe....I'm trying to throw my hat into this internet drama :)...cause last weekend was the WORST WEEKEND EVER :-\
K well saying they lost cause of a laggy tv is no excuse like you say you couldn't play Diddy because of the lag so I'm pretty sure BC had a pretty hard time with it. Bolt shouldn't have had a problem doing SHL but since he did he could have just stood there and shot them I mean the tv was lagging for him too will have been hard to power shield them the only hard part will be DACUS or trying to spike if anything go Kirby. For Brandon all he need to do is just jump around and take advantage of the lag his char should be able to play with lag sometimes you need to take advantage of the set ups hell Nick Riddle did it people had a hard time shielding some of Zamus moves cause of the lag so yeah.
As for Bolt beating me I'm not making any excuses I lost to him but like Tyser said B guy beats A guy so now B guys is better then A guy is that what you getting at o.0
I think that's how it goes >.> Tyser?

Really? Stop separating players into singles and doubles. Its dumb. I play singles, I play doubles. I'm a brawl player. And I've told you I've been trying to focus on singles...

"When will you see me as a singles player?"
"When you stop playing doubles."

Its really just annoying, we drove down every week to play last semester, we could just stay in Ames and play singles... or doubles with becca/connor...
Yo, Bolt. I like to give you shit, but in the end, it's just in good fun. We're homies.
^This. I never really mean anything bad about I just like giving friends crap I give Reece and Blank so much crap but it's all in fun actually I think Reece is the only one that ever takes jabs at me ^.^
But yeah I'm giving you crap cause of BC you probably wouldn't understand since you didn't know him way back like most of us here do and may have come off kinda rude so I apologize for that.

Now for the whole Doubles/Singles thing you keep telling me you want to play Singles but you haven't showed me any effort to play them really like Colin shows me he really wants to get better at them he showed up at my place a while back he played Greg but I was able to see what he needed to improve since I have a hard time seeing it when I'm playing >.< but I gave him a bunch of pointer, the day of my Biweekly we stayed up with Grinnell talking about how to improve everyone.

So man I think I'm going the wrong way about you playing me in singles so I apologize for that I just really want someone to play with me in singles since Razor is no longer here to help me improve T.T

All I know is whenever I come over-- It's ALWAYS doubles. ALWAYS. ALLLLLLWAAAAYS. Can this be explained? Yes. No one seems to care/have fun with singles in this state. It's the reality until proven otherwise.
K I think the reason why doubles is all that is mostly play here is cause pretty much everyone who played singles aren't here or don't play anymore like back then it was Razor/MK, Andy/Wario, MDUO/MK/Luigi, Blank/Sonic/Kirby and JLO/Peach/Ganon(He still plays but can't make it to most Brawlfest) along with Ngamer and me who are left from those days I should also mention Zash who barely shows up cause of johns and Peeks who is busy fighting a war 0.0
So there really isn't enough interest in it for people to want to play it again I'm going the wrong way about it by pushing it on people to play singles.

resTy

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's something like that. It's like me and Trent for example. I body Trent all the time but when he plays other people, he shines through and pulls the win one way or another [or he'll lose but do well]. He's beaten people that I probably can't beat on my best day.

You and Bolt are sort of the same way it feels except it's different because Bolt has only beaten you one time out of infinity times. Dunno how that means he's suddenly better but whatever lol. I usually don't take battles between people from the same place too seriously. Out of state is the only time anything ever matters anyways.

As for the doubles thing. All Nebraska does is play doubles also and it's fucking stupid and annoying which is why I quit Smash. It's not like it's not gonna help me or nothing, I just hate seeing four cartoon characters on the screen. Might as well just play FFA with items on and make it a fun, playable game...

/rant/+1post

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that shiz that I usually post goes like this:

Guy 1 loses to Guy 2. Guy 2 loses to Guy 3. Therefore, Guy 3 is better than Guy 1.

Which is not always the case...

Jayford

Smash Lord
Who is BC lol?

Also, I might be able to help you guys get better at singles when I get back >.>. I haven't played Barwl in a long time, but I played at least once a week for 3+ hours first semester. So I got pretty decent. I pretty much counter pick everyone in singles tho lol. So maybe I can help with bad match ups o_0. This what I have been doing.

Falco for MK, Snake, DDD, Wolf, and random low tiers.

DDD for Wario.

MK for Marth, and some random low tiers.

Marth for Fox, Falco, and Earthbound kids.

resTy

Smash Champion
Proficient BC is an old school Iowa player. His mindgames are so godlike because he does newb shit that somehow works because nobody expects it.

He once ran all the way across Final Destination and grabbed me (non-JC). It boggled my mind that a human being's brain could even want to do something like that, but he's just on some other level shit apparently.

But yeah, he pretty much just throws nanas -> grab all day long. I wasn't here to watch it, but I can almost guarantee that that's what he did since people who play that simplistic usually don't change their ways. Plus, he only plays this game once per year or something.

Overall, he's just a godly mofo who quit the game so that other people can get on his level. BC IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE MIDWEST! GET LIKE THE KID!

resTy

Smash Champion
Dude, it was nuts. I was throwing pills but he timed his run just perfectly so he just ran right past all that shtick and grabbed me. I remember looking back at JBM/Uli/CBK in complete awe. I even made a big deal about it I think. He demoralizes people without even wanting it. That's how ridiculous this dude's skills are. Sooo PROFICIENT!

EDIT: He mains Sheik in Melee.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Who is BC lol?

Also, I might be able to help you guys get better at singles when I get back >.>. I haven't played Barwl in a long time, but I played at least once a week for 3+ hours first semester. So I got pretty decent. I pretty much counter pick everyone in singles tho lol. So maybe I can help with bad match ups o_0. This what I have been doing.

Falco for MK, Snake, DDD, Wolf, and random low tiers.

DDD for Wario.

MK for Marth, and some random low tiers.

Marth for Fox, Falco, and Earthbound kids.
This I need MK practice Jayford and I need to use my MK moar cause I don't use it anyone unless for a certain MU.

BPx

Smash Lord
(I didn't even play BC this weekend btw[single elim], I went random against Debo cause I wanted to go back to the dorms for a bit, got Zelda/Yoshi, and he said he wanted the 10 dollar gift card, I didn't care at that point.)

"For Brandon all he need to do is just jump around and take advantage of the lag":
Lol, yep. I timed Colin out (essentially, he opted to kill himself before the timer ran, though :[ ).

If I lived in DSM, I'd come over more. Colin has been coming up to Ames to play, and we've been playing singles then. In August, Colin, Dustin, and I will have an apartment, so you can bet we'll be playing a lot of singles... This summer even I'll be over a lot, but I have to buckle down and finish this semester. I'll still come once a week if someone else wants to carpool from Ames, but thats a lot of money by myself. $60 dollars a month for 5 hours of brawl a week? Better than M2K's rates, I guess :troll:

I'll come nerd singles with you this summer, but until then its kinda hard... (especially since I'm trying to stay in Ames unless we are going to a tourney)

I'm sorry I'm getting upset by this, I just don't feel that you're joking around about this, cause you seem pretty serious. I guess I need to apologize for that. But I'm really trying to get better, and I think we'll both improve this summer.

The reason I like playing doubles when we come is cause it sucks to drive that much and not be able to play the whole time. Doubles lets 4 people play at once, which is usually all we have over :/

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: You clearly missed the fact I was "teasing" you. Debo is not better than you. I wasn't saying that or arguing that. That is why I put the smiley faces in there....that said...laggy TV's are an issue. We both know BC had no problems playing diddy with lag...hahahahah...he was throwing bananas :)... I dacus, infinite,boost pivot grab, jab cancel into grab, time edge hogs....so yes even though it would be hard on BC, i think it really means something for other players. Especially falco timing lasers....anyway....again...Joker I was just teasing, I am throwing Debo under the bus and saying you are better than him :)

@Tyser: Wait what lol....i just glanced at your post....You missed the point too?!? Hahaha, I'm silly, but I'm not crazy. If I had to do a power ranking I would NOT be placing Debo above Joker. .... oh yeah, you are trolling :-D ... you got me ...good job...i took the bait :)

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
First time postin on the boards in years WOOOOOOT!
Brandon told me to check the boards for some LoLs.

First off, I wanna say that I miss readin up on these boards everyday :)
Secondly, the only game I play now is StarCraft II so if anyone here plays hit me up!
Masters League here woot! :bee:

Lesson learned. Never go to ISU's gaming club's smash tournaments. Worst things ever. When me and Brandon practically end up running the thing, you know they have 0 organization.
Also waiting for over an hour for ppl to play matches. Playing on horribly laggy tv's, and 1st place gets a 10 dollar best buy card for a 5 dollar buy in? They had like what, 7 tournaments with 5 dollar entry a piece? There was over 20 for brawl alone. So we'll assume that there was about 20 for each tournament.
7x100 = 700. 700-70 for prize payout. So 630$. And then we'll just assume pizza cost 100 bucks. Which I'm glad I got my input in on what kind of pizza we'd have. Since they ran out by the time I got there. And the people who got their first got 2 slices, while the people who didn't get their pizza of choice got ONE slice.
That was the worst run tournament I've ever seen.
Lol.. You should prob read all the event info and such before making assumptions.
The $5.00 was for non-members and that entry fee gets u into every single tourny that was there...
League of Legends, StarCraft II, Brawl, Marvel v Capcom 3, Mariokart 64, Quake III, CoD: Black Ops, and then 4 raffled off gift cards at the end.
The entry fee was also "supposed" to get u 2 slices of pizza of your choice, but the President failed hard on that one thinking the medium pizza at Jeff's Pizza gave u 8 slices when it only gave 6 so a lot of people got screwed. You also got pop.
The Lan is definitely not like Joker's monthlys... You can't expect much from these Lol
Just read the info before coming.

How bad did BC ****?
Yea it was 3 - 1 but I got that one loss cause I played Meta Knight instead of Diddy that 1 round cause I wanted to play mindgames and switch it up but I failed haha.
Went undefeated with Diddy tho somehow...
I'm so bad at the game now cause like Tyser said, I do the exact same thing over and over haha! It's fun tho.

We dropped out because it was dumb haha
Yea but u woulda lost anyways cause unfortunately your team wasn't the greatest lol..
I know you're good but u had players on ur team who had never played before so it wasn't real fair.

you in georgia still? good stuff lol
BC is god like xD
HAHA <3 Uli

Doesn't BC play Diddy in Brawl????
LOL. No doubt he is really good, there's no shame in losing to him. That said though, lol.
I forgot who u were :(
You go to Iowa? I visit Iowa City all the time. Going there this weekend in fact.

Proficient BC is an old school Iowa player. His mindgames are so godlike because he does newb shit that somehow works because nobody expects it.
He once ran all the way across Final Destination and grabbed me (non-JC). It boggled my mind that a human being's brain could even want to do something like that, but he's just on some other level shit apparently.
But yeah, he pretty much just throws nanas -> grab all day long. I wasn't here to watch it, but I can almost guarantee that that's what he did since people who play that simplistic usually don't change their ways. Plus, he only plays this game once per year or something.
Overall, he's just a godly mofo who quit the game so that other people can get on his level. BC IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE MIDWEST! GET LIKE THE KID!
Rofl!! I'm assuming this is Tyser since u make new accounts getting banned all the time and such.
But u are indeed correct. I literally just do forward glide toss with nanners into grab over and over. It seemed to work Saturday for some reason still.

As for the lag, it goes both ways...
It probably did tend to effect my opponents a bit more since they still play the game and I don't know whats right from wrong in Brawl anymore lololol

When are people from NE coming to the DSM area again?
I might consider playin some games since its been forever!!!

-BC-

EDIT: I am by far more chunky than buff. In fact, im not buff at all. Also since coming to ISU ive gotten fat as hell rofl

PortCity

Smash Ace
-BC-: What's up man! :) -BC- kills with or without lag. Hahaha, I'm sure BC could have glide tossed into grab with his eyes closed and still won. I love that.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Ehh, it happens. I wasn't expecting to get that far though. I amaze myself sometimes. Lol. Did you or Phap win SC II?
I lost to an international... I think from China... He was really good.
Phap made it to the Finals and got really close to winning. Was fun

-BC-: What's up man! :) -BC- kills with or without lag. Hahaha, I'm sure BC could have glide tossed into grab with his eyes closed and still won. I love that.
Haha sup! You still embarrassing kids with your barrel spikes and peanut combos? ;)
Yea the glide toss into grab is all muscle memory... So basic Lol

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Edit: Hahahah, I got that story all wrong!!! But yeah,I'm still doing crazy silliness.
Haha thats awesome... You going to the next tourny on the 23rd?

Also I was wondering for the people that were going to the tourny on the 23rd, would you mind if we played Singles first and then Doubles last?
That way CBK and I can reunite Team Proficient!!!! <3

If there's much opposition to that then thats fine.
I might go if I can play some doubles with CBK! :bee:

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@BC-Don't worry, I'm very forgettable. *Sigh* And I graduated from Iowa already. No one is holding up the Smash flag (or any flag, really) there now that I'm not there.

@Brandon- There's like 5 TVs down in that basement, am I wrong?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
"For Brandon all he need to do is just jump around and take advantage of the lag":
Lol, yep. I timed Colin out (essentially, he opted to kill himself before the timer ran, though :[ )
That's like the second time I have heard of you doing that to him you should try it on someone you rarely play with >.<

I'm sorry I'm getting upset by this, I just don't feel that you're joking around about this, cause you seem pretty serious.
Yeah pretty much when ever I give you or anyone crap for that matter is always me messing with them. The only times I was serious is when I was at some tourney playing singles and you be like let's play doubles FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF but then again I couldn't say no to that pretty face ^.^

The reason I like playing doubles when we come is cause it sucks to drive that much and not be able to play the whole time. Doubles lets 4 people play at once, which is usually all we have over :/
At the time I had two Wiis plus you would bring yours too and if it was only 4 of us then 2 on each will have been fine that or when we had more then 4 you and I could have gone to the second Wii and play non stop which was always my intention for that Wii but nobody wanted to play there T.T

@Joker: You clearly missed the fact I was "teasing" you. Debo is not better than you. I wasn't saying that or arguing that. That is why I put the smiley faces in there.
Maybe so but those comments happen so much I just hate them.

Ehh, it happens. I wasn't expecting to get that far though. I amaze myself sometimes. Lol.
Hold on that's what you where talking about yesterday how come you didn't tell me you where going T.T

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
@BC-Don't worry, I'm very forgettable. *Sigh* And I graduated from Iowa already. No one is holding up the Smash flag (or any flag, really) there now that I'm not there.
Lol no no... I just never really got to meet u or know u I believe... So thats why I dont remember u as much.

Hold on that's what you where talking about yesterday how come you didn't tell me you where going T.T
Because then I wouldn't have won Brawl if u went.
Thanks Greg.

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
April 23 the final date then? And an earlier time to show up! Intriguing... Haha.

I'll try and gather as many Grinnell'ians as possible to come.

Also, Joker, what days are you generally free? It'd be nice to get some practice in before the tourney. Mainly for Singles. (Perhaps MvC3 because of it's appearance at tournaments from now on. =P)

Personally, I don't consider practice with the other Grinnell'ians too...invigorating. Most of the time I'm practicing my Random for those Random tournaments. =P And the times we Grinnell'ians are at your place, we tend to play Doubles, haha, which is all good and fun. But let's face it. After the years we've come, I'm sure we ALL know how bad Grinnell'ians are bad at Doubles. I'm pretty sure I have more kills on Grinnell'ians (same goes for other Grinnell'ians) in Doubles than opponents, haha.

@ Kuares

Sorry about Grinnell not showing up to your tournament. Let's just say a bunch of ridiculous events happened that prevented us from going. I apologize because I really wanted to go. D: We'll make the next one for sure.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
April 23 the final date then? And an earlier time to show up! Intriguing... Haha.

I'll try and gather as many Grinnell'ians as possible to come.

Also, Joker, what days are you generally free? It'd be nice to get some practice in before the tourney. Mainly for Singles. (Perhaps MvC3 because of it's appearance at tournaments from now on. =P)
Yeah the 23th should be the final date as for the time for those that don't know sign ups are at 11am I'm starting at noon and no break in between Doubles/Singles.

I'm pretty much free when ever just give me a holler when you want to come down and I'm game >.0

BPx

Smash Lord
Are you doing doubles first or second? I looked in OP and couldn't find out. If you're trying to get done by midnight, holding for Sekou won't be easy. I'm teaming with someone else for this one, though ;)

btw, this is on Easter weekend, I didn't even notice

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I vote for Doubles second!! I'm sure if we start it around 7 we could get done by midnight...?
Idk I haven't been to a tourny in over a year but it seems reasonable.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I say people get there around 10-10:30 AM to keep everything organized. People would have 2 hours for Warm-ups and you should be done by Midnight. Start at Noon sharp too.

Edit: Lawl! Dr. Phil's topic today is rage in guys.

Top Bottom