• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Good games, everybody! Had some really intense moments.
Next time Missouri is going to properly represent in singles, too.

Team Real Team is an ironic name and was actually two lvl 6 computers.

gantrain05

Smash Master
hella good games last night guys, 64 was ****in intense, anyways some shoutouts

Vos, man your lucario has gotten like 10 times better than last time we played, congrats on 3rd man.

Joker, thank god we didn't have to play first round singles again, but still i'd have liked to play you lol, and next razor challenge i think we should pick some more serious characters, even though you stole my victory away from ganondorf, god**** sonic lol.

-BC-, i told ya man, you don't wanna throw bananas at my olimar lol. but gg's man it was hella close.

Smeesh, peach dittos were fun, alot more fun than most other dittos anyways, i don't know how i came out winning that but you got one sick peach, and i guess razor is right we really do play peach pretty much the exact same way lol.

Blank, you just pooped on me in singles, i don't know how i lost that olimar vs falco match o.O that usually goes in my favor, its cuz your too **** technical lol, you teched off that back fin of corneria like every single time i hit you lol.

MTKD, melee friendlies were fun, too bad the iceys can't compete with the pure awesomeness of melee ganondorf =P GG's man.

Tyser, you better make **** sure you get to the next one, cuz im gonna poop all over you.

and the guy who played olimar, i can't remember your name sorry, i hope you got your peach practice in =P cuz i hope to see ya at the next tourney, but i'd suggest finding a counterpick, i don't think that matchup goes too well for oli lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Before I start talking trash, let me say, thanks to everyone for having the doubles tourney second. I really appreciate that, this was the first one I was actually able to fully compete in. Now that the cordial stuff is over....

Proficent (However you spell ya'll name. ): Congrats on finally beating me in a team tournament...it won't happen again... :-D ... rest assured. And I think I took back my diddy crown :) ... hehehe... Ask Jlo if you don't believe me :)

Andy: All that advice I gave you is still valid, it just works even better then I'm not playing trashy :-)... That is something I didn't count on. I apologize for playing the way I normally play AFTER the tourney was over (against "Team Real Team"). I like to hear comments like "I don't care anymore, we already won the tournament." That let's me know I was doing my job :-D. FYI that comment "I hear what you saying, I just don't know what you mean." was classic lol.

Vos: Keep up the good work. You should have been Andy's partner, ya'll would have KICKED butt!

Team Real Team: Good job on winning the tourney.

Everyone else: Good matches! Till next time!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
good games everybody that was there. i had fun watchin the brawl tourny and playing in the 64 crews. melee crews, were too good, i think i got a good 9 stocks off the other crew, but i got owned by the hayate combo. i really dont think that i'm that good at melee, i kind of sandbags a lot, and i'm not very tech. i just try to be aggro with lasers and Dair, but i really dont think that im that good at melee at all, and for 64, i think that we all just suck at it lol. but yeah i had a good time hangin out with every1 and what not

Tyser

Smash Champion
More people gotta start playing Melee. If you wanna be respected as a good player and as a decent person, play Melee. Honestly, we all look at Brawl mains as newbs, thats just how it goes down. It's not too late to be decent in Melee, but then again you guys are from Iowa :S. Cmon step up newbs.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Alright. Let's get some things straight. Who is wanting to go to FFC this weekend? MTKD is going, but only if we give him enough money for gas there and back. I'll ask him how much he wants and get back to you guys. Bruce is only taking 4 people. I got my money together for this. I'm bringing about $30

BTW: This is a Melee Tourney and possibly a Brawl Tourney. David said he might try to get both fired up at FFC.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Alright. Let's get some things straight. Who is wanting to go to FFC this weekend? MTKD is going, but only if we give him enough money for gas there and back. I'll ask him how much he wants and get back to you guys. Bruce is only taking 4 people. I got my money together for this. I'm bringing about $30

BTW: This is a Melee Tourney and possibly a Brawl Tourney. David said he might try to get both fired yp at FFC.
I'm probably going, I should hopefully have enough money for it.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
sorry to be a jerk, but I don't think I'll have the money to afford the gas and enter the tourney and then have enough money for gas for the rest of the week.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
nope i cant go to FFC anymore, i forgot that for the next few weeks, my football team is in the playoffs, and i have a playoff game on Nov. 3 a monday, the day after the tourny, and on the tourny day Nov. 2, i have to do football walk through and things like that, so i wont be able to make this one :(

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Talkin to BKJOE as of rite now lol...

He says he will come to this tourny only if we fire up doubles or singles N64 tourny. He says if we do then me and him will also enter Melee doubles ;)

64 and Melee are too good...

-BC-

Tyser

Smash Champion
Enough of these deal attempts. They are getting annoying at how dumb they are. This is what Brawl does to people I guess.

Uli

Smash Champion
I'll go if people want to go and would be willing to pay for my gas

P.S. Uli thanks for the videos you let me copy.
everyone better give this dude gas money and come play gamess!!
and no problem muh dude

i have yet to watch full metal panic! >_>

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
I will because Brawl mains are newbs. You have no idea. They are the shit stain of the Smash community. Yes, that's a lot of stains and a lot of newbs who cant understand why Brawl sucks.
Wow, hate much? We, brawl players, don't deny that melee is a good game. Many of us have more fun playing brawl. As for me, I don't have the time that is required to learn all of the AT's of melee.

If you still want to complain, please take it to a board that is relevant. This is reserved for topics pertaining to Joker's tournament and other related activities.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^ this post is spam.

mod plz remove him unneeded statement.

now on another note. i hope you guys get the chance to come down.

skizm, no heart feelings?

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
If you want me to post more about each person, post that you would and post all of them

Joker:
Winners' bracket
BYE
Defeated Bobby
Defeated JORDAN
Defeated Devin - Smeesh
Defeated Vos
Defeated - Smeesh

Devin - Smeesh:

BYE
Defeated Skizm
Defeated KIT
Lost to Joker
Losers' bracket
Defeated Blank
Defeated JORDAN
Defeated Vos
Lost to Joker

Vos:
Winners' bracket
Defeated Rocha
Defeated Elfen Lied
Defeated JLO
Defeated Razor
Lost to Joker
Losers' bracket
Lost to Devin - Smeesh

JORDAN:
Winners' bracket
BYE
Defeated Bonehimer
Lost to Joker
Losers bracket
Defeated David
Defeated Elfen Lied
Defeated Razor
Lost to Devin - Smeesh

Tyser

Smash Champion
Wow, hate much? We, brawl players, don't deny that melee is a good game. Many of us have more fun playing brawl. As for me, I don't have the time that is required to learn all of the AT's of melee.

If you still want to complain, please take it to a board that is relevant. This is reserved for topics pertaining to Joker's tournament and other related activities.
Brawl mains need to know that Melee is better than Brawl on every level, not that Melee is a good game because that's already common knowledge.

Why would you choose the lesser game over the better game? In Melee, it's faster, you can do combos, you can be good, its a lot more balanced, and its 1000x more fun easily.

If Brawl people at least said "I dont wanna play Melee because it's too hard so Im going to play the easier game because Im newb sauce that way" then I could at least respect them for being honest, but saying johns like "I dont have time to learn Melee" and "Its too late. Im too far behind already" is laughable. Its never too late to play a good game.

People are just disappointing. Their johns make me like them less. A lot of people know that I dont like newbs. *waits for more johns from randoms who came here when Brawl showed up

EDIT: Yes, I want people to play more Melee in Iowa. Brawl is bad for your health. This is why I care so much for you guys.

EDIT: The john "I play Brawl because I can win" is only applicable if youre Joker because he does just that.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:

vos: way to go in singles. i guess i'll stop telling you to switch to meatknight now.

razor and jlo: good playing u guys again. I'm looking forward to smashfests soon.

sekou: stop beating urself up man. everyone gets fsmashed by snake at 50%...twice.

joker: thanks for hosting. I'll try to get some setups for next time so the tourneys go faster.

missouri guys: great playing u. awesome seeing another wario and congrats on the doubles success.

tyser: you're my new favorite keyboard warrior. I'm gonna go on xbox live and tell kids to play halo1 now.

edit: there's a small brawl tourney in ames on saturday. It's with lan party group so theres a $5 entry which gets free pizza and pop but no tourney prizes. I'll post more info if anyone is interested.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Brawl mains need to know that Melee is better than Brawl on every level, not that Melee is a good game because that's already common knowledge.

Why would you choose the lesser game over the better game? In Melee, it's faster, you can do combos, you can be good, its a lot more balanced, and its 1000x more fun easily.

If Brawl people at least said "I dont wanna play Melee because it's too hard so Im going to play the easier game because Im newb sauce that way" then I could at least respect them for being honest, but saying johns like "I dont have time to learn Melee" and "Its too late. Im too far behind already" is laughable. Its never too late to play a good game.

People are just disappointing. Their johns make me like them less. A lot of people know that I dont like newbs. *waits for more johns from randoms who came here when Brawl showed up

EDIT: Yes, I want people to play more Melee in Iowa. Brawl is bad for your health. This is why I care so much for you guys.

EDIT: The john "I play Brawl because I can win" is only applicable if youre Joker because he does just that.
i'll poop on u in melee tyser, poop.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well guys GG, thanks to everyone who came down, crews for 64 were too good my Ness *****.

I'm working on the vids as off now so i should have them up sometime this week.

Don't know if we're going to be able to go to FFC, since Skizm or MTKD, have no money for gas, and i don't know who is all going, cause who ever goes can give something for gas, which I don't know if I'll go since i don't feel like wasting money on gas for a Melee Tourney, but i just may anyways just so i can hang out with the NE ppl.

As for the next Tourney date what's a good date for you guys.

Again with this whole Melee Brawl thing, i though we were done with it:ohwell: just take some advice from Melee.

LOLZ

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
there's a small brawl tourney in ames on saturday. It's with lan party group so theres a $5 entry which gets free pizza and pop but no tourney prizes. I'll post more info if anyone is interested.
Yea i may be interested. Time and place? No prizes tho? :ohwell:

Well if no prizes lets just play some Melee or N64 :laugh:

As for the next Tourney date what's a good date for you guys.
The 1st and 8th of November are too early and the 28th is Thanksgiving weekend.

So im guessing November 15th or the 22nd would be best for the next monthly.

-BC-

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well if its on the 15th or the 22nd i cant make it, cause those r the dates after the day that my team may go the uni dome for state semi and finals, so most likey i wont be able to make it to this monthly, Nov. is a very busy month for my football team. so i already kno right now that i wont be able to make it to this one :(

Top Bottom