• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ok, so I guess no one's really interested in the tournament I mentioned?
so i read back a couple pages, i must have missed that post lol, missouri eh? only way i could make it is if i could bum a ride w/ someone and i'd have to be back probably the same night or early in the morning cuz i'd have to work the next day. thats usually why i don't make it to OoS tourneys is cuz i work too **** much or else i'd be goin everywhere.

Cook

Smash Master
I didnt even notice you talked about a tournament lolz. Id have to first as my folks then Id have to find out if there would be Melee.
Probably won't be any Melee, unless there's enough interest to do both Melee and Brawl. Which probably depends on people from out of town, because there isn't much interest in Melee here. But if people want to do Melee as well, then we'll set it up.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Well for me I just don't know. I really need to know longer in advance than a few weeks to go O-O-S. But I will certainly do my best to clear somethings up. I for certain can't be there on the 15th however.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I agree. Greg was saying Joker may not have it for a month or two, though....
How dare he XD but yeah i remembered reading this a while back and i tough we're waiting for a date or something but yeah, it seems ppl wants to have my tourney on the 22nd at least that's what it seems so if yours is on the 15th it should be okay, but as far as us going it depends on Skizm, since he's my ride to OoS tourneys, which by the way someone mention it was like 2 and half hours from here to there isn't.

Cook

Smash Master
How dare he XD but yeah i remembered reading this a while back and i tough we're waiting for a date or something but yeah, it seems ppl wants to have my tourney on the 22nd at least that's what it seems so if yours is on the 15th it should be okay, but as far as us going it depends on Skizm, since he's my ride to OoS tourneys, which by the way someone mention it was like 2 and half hours from here to there isn't.
I thin we left your place around 11:30 and got back to Kirksville at a little after 2:00.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Missouri can't make it on the 22nd.
There's a campus-sponsored tournament. We've gotta beat some noobs and hopefully recruit.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Theres no money involved in that tho is there?

You guys already won 1st place here. Why not do it again and win some more dough ;)

-BC-
Yeah, I know that, but it's more important to build a community on campus. We'll have more people to practice against, be able to play more often, make some new friends, and be able to bring more people next time.

SOoooo... I again push for the 15th.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, I know that, but it's more important to build a community on campus. We'll have more people to practice against, be able to play more often, make some new friends, and be able to bring more people next time.

SOoooo... I again push for the 15th.
Um, why are you pushing for the 15th when we're having our own tournament then?

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
i'm with andrew. i'd rather be in des moines then here on the 22nd. especially if we're planning to do our own tournament here on the 15th. then all of that expanding/recruiting stuff you're talking about kit can happen there. also, winning money > no money available to win.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
that's the same thing ames is doing this weekend at an ISU tourney

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok i've been at work for like 10 hours and i get back, dont' want to read 2 pages back, so....im gonna just say i'd like the tourney to be on the 22nd so that i have a double partner, but if it does end up on the 15th im gonna need a partner lol, and tyser, i challenge your weegi with my ganon, no money, cuz i suck, but im still playin melee.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Alright i guess were set then.

To clear things up, Jokers monthly is Nov 22nd.
Missouri tourny is Nov 15th.

Lets play some Melee! Someone get ahold of that Fall dude to.

-BC-

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Tyser, $1 MM, my Mario vs your Weegee? ...Eventually?
There's also more of you I want to play. I'll creep to stuff as soon as I can get a break from college.

Top Bottom