• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

resTy

Smash Champion
Sailor Moon would be cool if it matched our style. I think Yulai and me are the only animu people in Nebraska Smash. Everyone else just reads Naruto/Bleach, which is standard for your typical American in these days xD

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I'd say you and yulai watch the gay stuff, or girly.

Just saw ninja scroll. One of the best.

Project M tourney? is it happening?

Its k guys ill represent iowa for Project M.

Blank i heard ur good at it??

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'd say you and yulai watch the gay stuff, or girly.

Just saw ninja scroll. One of the best.

Project M tourney? is it happening?

Its k guys ill represent iowa for Project M.

Blank i heard ur good at it??
I really suck I just play characters that no one else does.

Lets do this P:M tourney though~

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, we watch anime that's about things that we can relate to or just looks interesting. I'm pretty open minded about things that I watch and prefer story over random blood. You guys watch shows where explosions occur in every episode and people do things that make absolutely no sense. I mean, if you prefer mindless battling and muscles more than a meaningful plot, that's fine. It just says that your quality of anime is that of an average person. You refuse to go outside the box and that's why you can't understand my side at all :D

Soran

Smash Ace
I watch anime for the animation... and the characters..

60% animation
15% characters
25% plot

(I don't know any mind blowingly good stories besides Evangelion.. and that only 'looks' cool)

EDIT: *Ninja'd by BPx*

BOLT08

Smash Lord
So on Saturday we are having:
Singles
Doubles
Low-tier?
Project: M?

This sound right or?
Entry costs?

I'll be bringing my N64. I'll be accepting MM's in that.
Also, why Project M? We have melee. Let's just do a tourney in that.
Tyser if you show up, I wanna play you in brawl. MM?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Sailor Moon would be cool if it matched our style. I think Yulai and me are the only animu people in Nebraska Smash. Everyone else just reads Naruto/Bleach, which is standard for your typical American in these days xD
I can say that I've seen every single Sailor Moon episode that was released in America and some of the Japanese only stuff. Great Show.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
They were just giving him crap for losing Evo Online on PSN, to ANOTHER Honda. It's also kind of true, Mike Ross sucks with any other character. His Blanka is decent, but randoms in the SRK live room beat him while I was in there.

Plus, it's funny seeing how he took it so seriously when he's such a laid back guy. He also laid a huge egg in the AE tournament that had just finished before the video was shot.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
They were just giving him crap for losing Evo Online on PSN, to ANOTHER Honda. It's also kind of true, Mike Ross sucks with any other character. His Blanka is decent, but randoms in the SRK live room beat him while I was in there.

Plus, it's funny seeing how he took it so seriously when he's such a laid back guy. He also laid a huge egg in the AE tournament that had just finished before the video was shot.
Lol, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QiXgMBevs#t=2m00s made me die, Valle is OP.

resTy

Smash Champion
Womanly side? I don't really follow. You're basically saying that having emotions is being a woman when you show more emotions than anyone I know. Get more mad dude xD I'll always win an argument against you. It's almost free.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
2 days get hype.

Joker - i DEMAND you put some Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time music on your wii. NOW. Prease?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I may wanna come to this bi-weekly but I need to see how much money I have cause I'm buying Marvel when it comes out.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So on Saturday we are having:
Singles
Doubles
Low-tier?
Project: M?

This sound right or?
Regular Singles $5
Doubles Items On $1
Low Tier Double or Singles $1
Project M is stupid play Melee.

That should pretty much be it.

Doubles/Singles Items On Rules:

-No Stocks
-4 Min. timer: With timer everyone is in it till the end.
-Items are set to "HIGH" and "ON"
-Stage select is Random
-Team attack OFF
-Score Display OFF
-Chain Grabs are Banned: King Dedede, Falco, Ice Climbers.
-No Regrabs: Meaning you can't grab release so your teammate can grab and release back to you.

Legal Items:

-Smash Ball
-Assist Trophy
-Crate
-Barrel
-Capsule
-Blast Box

-Party Ball
-Sandbag
-Food
-Dragoon Parts
-Super Mushroom
-Poison Mushroom
-Warp Star
-Metal Box
-Bunny Hood
-Timer
-Lightning
-Beam Sword
-Home-Run Bat
-Lip's Stick
-Star Rod
-Hammer
-Golden Hammer
-Super Scope
-Ray Gun
-Fire Flower
-Cracker Launcher
-Bob-Omb
-Motion-Sensor Bomb

-Gooey Bomb
-Smart Bomb
-Deku Nut
-Freezie
-Smoke Ball
-Pitfall
-Hothead
-Mr. Saturn
-Green Shell
-Banana Peel lol
-Spring
-Unira
-Soccer Ball
-Team Healer
-Franklin Badge
-Screw Attack

Banned Items:

-Maxim Tomato
-Heart Container
-Starman
-Superspicy Curry
-Fan
-Bumper

So this is all the items if you don't know what some of them do then here:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item15.html
Also the yellow ones are up for discussion like should they be allowed or banned actually any of them are I just figure the yellow ones some people wouldn't enjoy playing with them on <(^.^<)

Stages:

Every stage is on since the timer is set to 4 minutes instead of stock so you are pretty much force to fight plus turning off the score display it won't show who has the most points till the time runs out or you are keeping track 0.0

Anything else discuss >.<

PortCity

Smash Ace
Teams sounds like is gonna be fun this weekend.

Cyberdyne Systems, Inc will be there running SKYNET. Jake and Debo are teaming, that should be cool to see. Joker is teaming with...IDK....maybe we will see the valiant return of Knightmares!!!! Joker and Schism! CBK and Blank?! Greg and MegaRobMan? Twink and Mook running MK/Snake?!

I'm actually interested in the results from singles. Jake might be there and I suspect being old, rusty, and dang near married won't stop him from placing top 3 still :) Joker will be Joker. I'm really interested in the 3-7 spots, especially with Omaha crew lurking around.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hahahaha....posted right after Joker and look like a straight fool...I thought regular doubles was apart of the menu?!?!?!

BOLT08

Smash Lord

Doubles Items On $1

Since there is no monthly could we have a LEGIT doubles tourney? if there is only singles, I might not even show up. I was really looking forward to a normal doubles tourney. Is there anyway we could do an items after a regular doubles or something?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I watch anime for the animation... and the characters..
I watch anime mostly for the pantyshot <3 and the fanservise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG9x0ltcvkw

2 days get hype.

Joker - i DEMAND you put some Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time music on your wii. NOW. Prease?
What do you have in mind I may add it o.0
Now it may not be from ocarina but I still have this on Pirate Ship ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkDZfnMV9g

@PCity: Yep shenanigans >.<

BOLT08

Smash Lord
good choice of music joker. Add moar though.

Also, I think you would probably consider me out without a normal doubles tourney. I can't say the same for Se'kou but he doesn't sound too happy about it. And I'm sure Razor will be saddened by this news.

BPx

Smash Lord
Please have a legit doubles tourney, its all we play :(
<3Joker
10x<3s

I know Dustin doesn't even want to enter singles, and I am indifferent.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
K so this is what I know so far Nebraska isn't showing till 4pm or so Grinnell is a maybe right now and I need to be quiet or end the tourney before 1am.

So here's the thing I can't hold both Singles/Doubles assuming NE shows up at 4pm but maybe I can cause again is a biweekly so there may not even be that many people which if that's the case we may end up having like 4-5 teams.

Again it all depends on when/how many people show up. Plus everytime we try having a legit Doubles for the Biweekly it turns out to be just Random Teams or some other random thing so wait and see I guess >.0

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I highly doubt that attendance will be high enough that doubles will take 7-9 hours. I've already got a partner ready, and I know se'kou and brandon are teaming.

So yeah.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I haven't read anything up to this point because this thread is terribad but Brandon told me there's a biweekly Saturday so I'll probably show up after work around 2.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I highly doubt that attendance will be high enough that doubles will take 7-9 hours. I've already got a partner ready, and I know se'kou and brandon are teaming.

So yeah.
I know that what I'm pretty much saying is why do doubles when you can cut the middle man and just play Pcity, Razor or my team again assuming there's only like 4 teams and like I said that's how many teams we tend to get on the biweekly which turns out to be random teams I mean if there's like 8-10 teams or so then there's no problems but yeah >.<

Can I call Yoker as a teamate? Knightmares 2.5 imo.
I'll just grunt again to warn you XP

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: No problem...so if there are lots of people we have a legit doubles tourney, if not then we all play friendlies. That sounds cool? I suspect that we will have enough people for a doubles tourney though, so I'm not too too worried. I'll be there by 6 pm. Actually....one thing they do when there are so few teams. Is make it a round-robin tourney, where each team plays all the other teams once or twice.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Not all friendlies since I'm pretty sure some will enter singles or play on the other ones with Items on and what not.

Also Greg bring an extra Yugi deck or let me use yours cause if Grinnell shows up I'm playing them >.0

By the way I need Wiis like at lest 2-3 more.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'll bring my Wii,

Also, no smash balls for the love of God otherwise I don't want anything to do with Items. If those are legal, then all items should be, they are more OP than Starman and Health. It's a guarenteed like 4 stocks for half the cast, at random.

Soran

Smash Ace
What do you have in mind I may add it o.0
Now it may not be from ocarina but I still have this on Pirate Ship ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkDZfnMV9g
DEFINITELY this as your menu theme (if you can find a good download)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNhbCP0rBgc

and this in any level that you please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczz5vABjZo

and the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Fighting edition character select is still a good choice ; ) Only if you can find it... if one day I see you guys again, I'll try to sneak my SNES and that game and we can jam out on it. Seriously one of the best fighting games. Or if anybody has an SNES they bring I'll bring PR.

I have more ideas but atm I'm blank. I'll return with more songs ^^

p.s. sknynet is from Terminator.. it takes over the world / :

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
Not all friendlies since I'm pretty sure some will enter singles or play on the other ones with Items on and what not.

Also Greg bring an extra Yugi deck or let me use yours cause if Grinnell shows up I'm playing them >.0

By the way I need Wiis like at lest 2-3 more.
Not you too! xD

Silly people playing YuGiOh. >:B

I guess I'll bring my stuff this time... I don't have any of the new cards though. Blarrr. I haven't YGO'd in a while.

Also...should Grinnell bring a TV/Wii? I think we'll be able to come for sure. As long as I don't fall asleep behind the wheel, haha.

Top Bottom