• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Hey Rob im not gonna be able to make it, but i do need my brawl copy so perhaps i could meet you while you guys are driving through to des moines.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Not you too! xD

Silly people playing YuGiOh. >:B

I guess I'll bring my stuff this time... I don't have any of the new cards though. Blarrr. I haven't YGO'd in a while.

Also...should Grinnell bring a TV/Wii? I think we'll be able to come for sure. As long as I don't fall asleep behind the wheel, haha.
I would say yes. More never hurts.

Hey Rob im not gonna be able to make it, but i do need my brawl copy so perhaps i could meet you while you guys are driving through to des moines.
You're a b*tch. Show up to this you ho.

Joker, I downloaded 10 albums of legend of zelda music. So yeah, do you want me to bring those over tomorrow so you can take them and put em on your wii?

Edit: Also, joker what time are things starting tomorrow?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Silly people playing YuGiOh. >:B

Also...should Grinnell bring a TV/Wii? I think we'll be able to come for sure. As long as I don't fall asleep behind the wheel, haha.
Yu-Gay-Ho >.<
But if you have the space for the TV then please do the Wii/Brawl definitely.

Joker, I downloaded 10 albums of legend of zelda music. So yeah, do you want me to bring those over tomorrow so you can take them and put em on your wii?

Edit: Also, joker what time are things starting tomorrow?
I'll listen to them don't know if I'll put all of them on my Wii but if I do probably on Bridge Of Eldin.

Also I guess around 1pm or so since Razor said he wont be here till then so yeah plus Twink can get some extra sleep and won't fall asleep behind the wheel >.0

Regular Singles $5
Doubles Items On $1
Low Tier Double or Singles $1
Project M is stupid play Melee.

That should pretty much be it.

Doubles/Singles Items On Rules:

-No Stocks
-4 Min. timer: With timer everyone is in it till the end.
-Items are set to "HIGH" and "ON"
-Stage select is Random
-Team attack OFF
-Score Display OFF
-Chain Grabs are Banned: King Dedede, Falco, Ice Climbers.
-No Regrabs: Meaning you can't grab release so your teammate can grab and release back to you.

Legal Items:

-Smash Ball
-Assist Trophy
-Crate
-Barrel
-Capsule
-Blast Box

-Party Ball
-Sandbag
-Food
-Dragoon Parts
-Super Mushroom
-Poison Mushroom
-Warp Star
-Metal Box
-Bunny Hood
-Timer
-Lightning
-Beam Sword
-Home-Run Bat
-Lip's Stick
-Star Rod
-Hammer
-Golden Hammer
-Super Scope
-Ray Gun
-Fire Flower
-Cracker Launcher
-Bob-Omb
-Motion-Sensor Bomb

-Gooey Bomb
-Smart Bomb
-Deku Nut
-Freezie
-Smoke Ball
-Pitfall
-Hothead
-Mr. Saturn
-Green Shell
-Banana Peel lol
-Spring
-Unira
-Soccer Ball
-Team Healer
-Franklin Badge
-Screw Attack

Banned Items:

-Maxim Tomato
-Heart Container
-Starman
-Superspicy Curry
-Fan
-Bumper

So this is all the items if you don't know what some of them do then here:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item15.html
Also the yellow ones are up for discussion like should they be allowed or banned actually any of them are I just figure the yellow ones some people wouldn't enjoy playing with them on <(^.^<)

Stages:

Every stage is on since the timer is set to 4 minutes instead of stock so you are pretty much force to fight plus turning off the score display it won't show who has the most points till the time runs out or you are keeping track 0.0

Anything else discuss >.<
Also, no smash balls for the love of God otherwise I don't want anything to do with Items.
That's the main reason to play with Items on but we could strike items instead of stages like 1 per team >.<

-Joker

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The way item tourneys are supposed to work, is theres a set list of items and each team/player may strike like three or something. They may also counterpick items to be turned on.

Soran

Smash Ace
Enjoyed my last nights of TVC with Scarlet Phoenix tonight.

*sigh* gonna miss my Casshern and Karas. w/e you say (ngamer) Casshern is a great character with damage dealing combos. Karas.. you really have to know how to do the damage dealing combos. He's just hard to play. But I'm going to miss them. Hyping for Marvel begins now.

Kuares

Pizza
Curious but how many tournaments actually happened?

...oh and hey Nova again! You really should stop by sometime, play catch-up and your Dr. Mario.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ugh, I wish I could have came, but I played Tyser for like 2 hours tonight which is the most brawl he's played in one sitting before ever I'm pretty sure but there were a couple of lengthy breaks. I only got about 80 dollars worth of money/stuff stolen, but it was way enough for me to not be able to come, Guns are scary.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Enjoyed my last nights of TVC with Scarlet Phoenix tonight.

*sigh* gonna miss my Casshern and Karas. w/e you say (ngamer) Casshern is a great character with damage dealing combos. Karas.. you really have to know how to do the damage dealing combos. He's just hard to play. But I'm going to miss them. Hyping for Marvel begins now.
Combos aren't everything in fighting games you know. If you're idea of a fighting game is landing random hits into big damage its no wonder you have **** taste in games.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Really small turnout, but wow to Debo winning every event known to man. Hahaha, we have to make everything round robin for him.

I was right about Jake :)...and

Cyberdyne Systems has to reboot now hahahaha....:) got to make a new version before we can compete again :-D

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Could someone post results like in a list fashion? With the little main icons next to them or something?

I had fun at this. Twink, your marth is scurry. I almost had you that last match. Everyone else, good sh*t. I did not have a single easy match. Teams were too good.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I guess I was on my game yesterday. Here's the results. We did a round robin since the attendance was so low.

1: Debo ($21.00):falco:
2: Joker ($10.50) :snake: :marth:
3: Jake ($3.50) :dedede:
4: Twink :marth:
5: BPOW :wario:
6: Mook :metaknight:
7: Schizm :gw: :popo:
8: BYE

1: Turks (Jake/Debo) (Reno/Rude) ($30.00) :dedede: :kirby2:
2: Schizm/Twink ($15.00) :metaknight: :marth:
3: Cyberdyne Systems (Bpow/Pcity) ($5.00) :wario: :diddy:
4: Joker/Blank :wolf: :kirby2:
5: zeal/mook :kirby2: :metaknight:

Brandon still has all the records for sets/matches.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Ugh, I wish I could have came, but I played Tyser for like 2 hours tonight which is the most brawl he's played in one sitting before ever I'm pretty sure but there were a couple of lengthy breaks. I only got about 80 dollars worth of money/stuff stolen, but it was way enough for me to not be able to come, Guns are scary.
Did you seriously get robbed? That's effing scary dude.

And ironic.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
So what exactly does your team do? Set up for a super scaled otg karas lvl 3?

For those that don't know wal-mart will be having a midnight launch tournament for MVC3. If you win you get a poster and a free 360 copy of mvc3. So far we know ankeny and grimes are having one. Would anyone here be interested in going?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ironic isn't quite the word...my name is rob so it is actually auto-logical, which is basically the opposite of ironic. Poetic justice would also be accepted, but I would hate you for saying that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fine with it, could have gone way worse, but I was in the middle of white suburbia, not like crack-ville, Nebraska, and it was at 7 a.m. leaving a friends apt, Not 3 a.m. at the strip club.

Also, good **** Bolt, guess I was wrong, Falco is dumb however :/ He's good against D3 so maybe you could take Tyser since you apparently beat Joker.

Soran

Smash Ace

For those that don't know wal-mart will be having a midnight launch tournament for MVC3. If you win you get a poster and a free 360 copy of mvc3. So far we know ankeny and grimes are having one. Would anyone here be interested in going?
You'd have to play me >_>
the normal: combo > assist combo+launcher >special > super.
That's a Casshern combo.
Karas back throw > lvl3. but I rarely do that.
Anyway, I'm done with this game so it doesn't matter. I can't wait for MVC3!

EDIT: I ninja'd ngamer >: D

But ngamer is a little right that I'm free.. But I guess that's what you call it when you beat Scarlet Phoenix 50/50 at that game ; P

nah, not really 50/50. more like 70/30 xP
oh well, he is really good so I'm content.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace

Soran is free at TvC. As far as I know, he doesn't have any set strategy or gameplan with his picked team, just two characters he likes.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
You'd have to play me >_>
the normal: combo > assist combo+launcher >special > super.
That's a Casshern combo.
Karas back throw > lvl3. but I rarely do that.
Anyway, I'm done with this game so it doesn't matter. I can't wait for MVC3!

EDIT: I ninja'd ngamer >: D

But ngamer is a little right that I'm free.. But I guess that's what you call it when you beat Scarlet Phoenix 50/50 at that game ; P

nah, not really 50/50. more like 70/30 xP
oh well, he is really good so I'm content.
Kamig freaking mains Roll/Cash I think he knows the combos.

Top Bottom