• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
what is the date for kahoka again? i need to find some stuff out before i know for sure if i can go. so i guess save me a spot in that car if it is at all possible.

Teh Future

Smash Master
You like Soran. Shut up.
les fight about it?

(at kahoka)

I want to go.
YES you play yoshi so you should definitely come.

(yoshi forever)

what is the date for kahoka again? i need to find some stuff out before i know for sure if i can go. so i guess save me a spot in that car if it is at all possible.
jlo should come cause hes a cool cat

(peach is kinda gay tho ur peach is kewl)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Irrelevant to my post, much? I'm sorry. FAILURE!

I'm the best on my block! You'll never stop me!
Jayford has a place in Cedar Rapids? Come to my house someday ; )
inb4rapejoke

Zephyros,
Sunday, you're going down. MUAHAHAHAH! But what you say is most definitely the truth. I'm going to continue to hold my head up high. I won't go down without a fight.

ninja'd

We've never brawled ) :,

Man, this totally stinks. Someday, somebody needs to pick me up for Ames.
I'd mighty appreciate it. I'll pay you in new Trident Layers ; )

AND BPx, why don't you just draw a picture of Falco, upload to photobucket, and use the cheap tricks they have. It would probably be in your best interest to color that picture too. I could draw you a picture of Falco ; P
noseriously I would.
kheh, johns... But my controller was failing me and I SD'd twice.. ?

he let me switch controllers and I got him to 1 stock. also I was in a not caring mood and went with Chloe's CP choice even though she said she was kidding.

I'm sorry if I came off like I was caring. I thought my nasty posts aren't taken seriously. Because it was, in a way, sarcasm. But in the back of my mind I feel like I'm the best in CR/Marion.
Nobody really beats me besides ScarletPhoenix.

Well, I know you guys think I'm trash and all. Probably because I haven't shown much. Understandable. But I'm hoping I can show my true talent at Brainshock or, if somebody picks me up, at the next games.

now I forgot was I was orginially going to say Dx

and THIS guy is the guy who got Ryzen down to 1 stock with Ike ; )
and Marth in the AnimeIowa... tourney.

also, I let you use my controller! I remember ; ) I was happy because you owned with Marth. Then that dude with L cosplay came in and used it and started owning. 'twas cool beans that people owned with my controller.
Confirming johns..... loading...... loading...... CONFIRMED.

Johns are confirmed.

I'm shooting a zombie in the chest with this.
I'll stop and save my ammo. I'll aim for the head next time we meet. (talking about everybody)

*hopes nobody takes this the wrong way*
if you don't know ScarletPhoenix it's okay. he hardly posts around these things : P

and Ryzen Xia?
he is(or was? I haven't heard of him in a LOOONG time. since August) best Falco in the midwest. I'm not even sure if he brawls anymore... But he said he was getting into modelling and acting. he doesn't even own brawl lolz. But he played with his friend Arty(funny, my name) but he was still very good.
I'm guessing you don't know who Legan is either, do you?
I doubt those videos are up-to-date anyway.

I'm done here.
lol Schizm ; P

I hope you aren't saying that Ike sucks.

but anyway, AnimeIowa? Ryzen was there. don't you remember?
I have to say this, but at Ames Labor day, I thought you were drinking vodka.
Whenever I see that water bottle(tall and slender? with blue letters) I think vodka.
I have too much bad influences in my life xP
8 shots and I'm out xP
night before labor day brawlfest? I died that night.

next games. Blake, pick me up please ; )
I don't see THuGz too often. he doesn't seem to have much to say... NEians must be pretty ********.
because even I know knowledge doesn't start with N.
I don't know them so I can't tell you if I'd like them.
I don't even know you.

but I give everybody a chance.
except for these kids at my school who are nasty lookin'.
I just dismiss them as not-worth-getting-to-know.
as long as they don't look like those kids, I'll give them a shot ; )
I can't imagine schizm getting his spritsy freak on.

But I've been meaning to ask this for the longest.

why does the page count exceed the current page?
for example, this page is 1129(for me because I limited # of posts to 20/pg) but it makes it look like it goes to 1131 even though when I click it it takes me back to this page.

I have not encountered this in any other thread.
^This

I can't imagine Joker being crunk. I want to see it happen.
At Kahoka, someone should bring a recording setup for the tourney itself.
^This

Oh cool, you made a Power Ranking for people who play Crazy Taxi in real life.
LOL

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm guessing you don't know who Legan is either, do you?
I doubt those videos are up-to-date anyway.

I'm done here.
Yep, we've totally never heard of this Legan scrub. Not like I mm'ed him at the first Kahoka. (Sponsered by Bone LOL)

Also you're a terrible person who doesn't deserve to talk about anything. Because you have no clue what you're talking about and are just a stain upon this community. Quit life.

Real discussion in Joker's thread equates to nothing anymore. Every other post is your ignorance, or someone else posting random un-insightful junk. Not to mention you get incredibly wordy just to say crap thats on your mind, that turns out looking even worse on the boards.

Also Nebraska doesn't deserve this kid, there are actually some smashers there that aren't garbage. Go be an AiB scrub elsewhere, this thread isn't the place for it.

Goddddd it feels so good to be mean.

BPx

Smash Lord
I love you , Blank. Bravo.

Looks like I'm begging for the momvan tomorrow... that can hold 6 comfortably, 7 if needed.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm going to make it my job to talk trash to Soran during every tournament match I ever watch him play. See you at Brainshock bud.

resTy

Smash Champion
Future, you're the dude who thought TIO could generate a 48 man at HDR:Melee right? If so, fuck you for delaying that tournament for 2-3 hours. That shit was mad whack. If not, then w/e; we'll fight at Kahoka.

gantrain05

Smash Master
just cuz he thinks wargreymon is cool, my charizard will pwn him

but, is there a set plan for kahoka? cuz i reaaaaaaally want to go and i'll do......favors......for whoever takes me.........

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I love you , Blank. Bravo.

Looks like I'm begging for the momvan tomorrow... that can hold 6 comfortably, 7 if needed.
So, my boss hasn't put up our new schedule yet, so I'll have to check back tomorrow night. Otherwise I should be able to go next week.

BPx

Smash Lord
Chloe idk if I can get the van or not, so it depends. I'll get back to you guys.

Blake, you still have my power converter haha?

Soran

Smash Ace
Lessons learned by asking about power rankings:

1) Go play with Joker to get better
2) Go play with Joker to get better
3) Go play with Joker to get better
4) go pwn Soran for lols sunday
5) don't ask about power rankings
6) Iowa and Nebraska need to make babies
7) Go play with Joker to get better
facepalm. I think you're just hating me because it's the cool thing to do. w/e

So... my car for Kahoka is:
Me
Joker
Dustin
(?)
If a few more wanna go and no one else wants to drive, I could always ask for the momvan for the weekend.
dude, if this is THIS weekend I will cancel EVERYTHING for this. please take me.
you guys can kick my arse if you want. just give me a ride there and back, please.

I want to go.
ditto to this

Soren i will provide you my support in any endeavors you undertake in life
Future, you're nice ; )

especially if you're serious.

But please, don't fight over me lolz.

Tyser, I still think you're a cool guy.

just cuz he thinks wargreymon is cool, my charizard will pwn him

but, is there a set plan for kahoka? cuz i reaaaaaaally want to go and i'll do......favors......for whoever takes me.........
War Greymon is the stuff. Much love to Charizard but War Greymon is just so much cooler.

Chloe idk if I can get the van or not, so it depends. I'll get back to you guys.

♫I got a lay-away on a power converter, but now ya treatin' me like a scruffy nerf herder♫

we can't really be serious about fighting here though ._. can we?
and killing? and telling eachother (mainly me xP) to end our lives... ?

strange talk on a video game board.

Blank, I'm sorry if you're mad at me for being annoying.
I'm sure at this point, even if I helped it, you would still find some way in which I'm being annoying.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

By power converter do you mean for your laptop? I have that. I took it from Blake because I figured you'd be visiting (oh boy).

Also for your van situation, it's cool, take your time.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
people that know me say I'm cool xD

Blake, are you going to Mt Mercy on Sunday?
Yes, I plan on coming.

Also, if said van becomes unavailable, I'll drive some peeps if I end up going. I'm not going to drive in a huge circle like last time, so you got to get here somehow.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
facepalm. I think you're just hating me because it's the cool thing to do. w/e
Psh, I can't hate any brawl players from my area, not even you soran. There are far two few brawlers around here, and this side of Iowa needs to represent. Although if we represent with matches instead of spam...

Speaking of that, if you guys out teh other side of iowa hold something on a weekend instead of weekdays every now and then, I'll drag my side of iowa out there. I know that might not be easily done until everything gets worked out with jokers place though.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So this is probably expected but I will for sure NOT be going to Nebraskon this weekend.

I'm moving into an apartment over the weekend. My uncle had a stroke so I'm living there and taking care of it. I'll pm you the address Greg, and hopefully I'm not too out of the way for you guys to continue going to Thursday games. Heck if I clean it up this weekend I am free to host games there.

I sort of want to go to Kahoka. But I'll be more strapped for cash then usual for a while as I get settled in. If anything I can always take the bus down to Christian's, this winter is going to be ridiculous for me.

Soran

Smash Ace
Yes, I plan on coming.

Also, if said van becomes unavailable, I'll drive some peeps if I end up going. I'm not going to drive in a huge circle like last time, so you got to get here somehow.
oh gee! Please send me your number.

Get here? To your house?
I could probably get to your house. Depending on how early. My uncle works at night and would probably take me earlier than 5PM at the latest.

So send me your number and address through PM.

how much money would I need for Kahoka?

$20 probably?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Everyone asking about Iowa PR.

The thing about PR is that I have seen what it does to some states they either argue with each other or it let's it go to their head not saying it happens to all of them but why risk it >.<
I was also told PR encourages people to do better and such but couldn't we do that now I mean we are all friends here and to me friends first Brawl second.
Plus besides Iowa and maybe Omaha who all is going to care about our PR just random people we probably never get to meet or people who will just start $hit for no reason.
IMO the only ranking that matter is something like MLG.

If people are going to Kahoka and junk, then will that doubles thing still happen?
Probably not unless Sekou still wants to do it for those that are still here since if we do go we probably wont be back till mid to late Sunday depending how drunk is the driver lol

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Kahoka may not be so child-friendly yo. If I'm not going you guys should leave Soran behind for his benefit and yours. ^_^

PR's are silly. Most the good players in Iowa have beaten each other in tourney sets before but when it comes down to it Joker is the most consistent and the one who places OOS.

Behind that theres no logical reasoning behind rankings after him, especially for a game like Brawl where the skill gap may or may not be indeterminably existant.

Liking the thread title. I wanna sit on Joker's bed and do a real tourney again. Kinda. Mostly sit on Joker's bed.

Top Bottom