• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

THuGz

Smash Lord
I've been saying forever that I never thought meta knight was da bess. S tier with 3 characters?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I been gone for about 3 days cause of phone line issues and I heard about a time out, two blue furries, MJG **** people and GNES WTF people.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Dear Iowa/Nebraska,

To those whom are presently unaware, I am now officially a professional Brawler. I beat the best kid in MN this weekend, although he is only a semi-pro.

Feels good, man!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So I just finish replaying MGS4 that movie is good ^.^
*hands you some 3D glasses* Now we're talking.

Man I been gone for about 3 days cause of phone line issues and I heard about a time out, two blue furries, MJG **** people and GNES WTF people.
Ban Sonic. No just kidding, I shouldn't even have said that, Trent will probably want to hurt me.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Tyser: Thanks again for letting us stay and eat your cereal.

Yulai: Mango mang. Gonna happen, I promise.

Greg/Kagome: KAGOME!!!!

Chris: Saw you randomly. Was always funny when I did XD

Connor: Didn't see you much. Got a pretty good laugh when you tried setting up Brawl minus though XD

Becca: Hardly saw you ;_; Sorry I missed your panel/event/thing. I really did want to go to that too. Nice cosplay :D

Trent/Phoenix Wright: 100 combo was epic as ****, lol.

Everyone else: Didn't see you. Disappoint.

..................................................oh............wrong thread

Soran

Smash Ace
Have I ever asked you, Joker, if you play Naruto Shippuden: UNS2?

But MGS4 was the first game I got for PS3 a couple months ago. and the first M game I didn't get ID'd for ; D

I still haven't beaten it Dx It's fun though ^-^ No Kill, No Alert run through on my first try xD
I re-load and stuff though so I guess that's kinda cheating.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
*hands you some 3D glasses* Now we're talking.

Ban Sonic. No just kidding, I shouldn't even have said that, Trent will probably want to hurt me.
No he will probably want to hurt me for talking stuff on his character and leaving the tourney on Saturday.

Joker: It's about ****ing time.

Just got my internet back as well.

MJG

Smash Hero
These Diddy Kong players are going to keep winning MLG until people wake up and realize how to fight against him :-\...it actually isn't that hard, but a large number of people are going about it all wrong. Well, I guess I get to sit back and watch to madness until people either A) Learn to fight him properly or B) counterpick him with certain characters :-P
Gnes isn't diddy kong. Sorry.

Diddy Kong mains Gnes.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Rebecca: Oh wow congrats? Tell us about the matches, who was it? what characters etc :)

@MJG: Congrats man. You should tell us about your experience. Oh yeah, what is the deal with Atomsk? Was he mk or ddd? and in this discussion I'm not hating on Gnes, I just think people fight against diddy wrong and get caught up. I'm saying more about the people who fight against diddy kong than those who main him. Anyway, when are you coming back to Iowa. I need some doubles practice :)

§chizm

Smash Lord
Dear Iowa/Nebraska,

To those whom are presently unaware, I am now officially a professional Brawler. I beat the best kid in MN this weekend, although he is only a semi-pro.

Feels good, man!
That kid hates me.
@Rebecca: Oh wow congrats? Tell us about the matches, who was it? what characters etc :)
It was a joke. It was just some dumbass who kept saying he was semi-professional. I told him he was garbage and he almost broke one of the controllers.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yink: I'm gonna attempt to make it to Brainshock. I'll have to see what my financial situation is like. I really hope i can make it. I haven't played Brawl in soooo long
Now you know that no matter what route you take to Des Moines, its gonna take you 4 hours no matter what. Lol.

resTy

Smash Champion
Rebecca played against that Echo kid and destroyed his face. The dude comes in and just starts mouthing off. He's a really cocky kid. So he and Becca start playing games. He uses Pika and she uses ROB. All this dude kept doing was Roll->Dsmash/Fsmash and Jolts. Didn't grab or shield ever. Becca just kept punishing his rolls with Dsmashes and kept hitting him with projectiles all day long. After the match, he says something like "I'm considered 'semi-pro' in Brawl in Minnesota." and other stuff. Then he starts mouthing off more, just spewing nonsense. I was talkin' trash to him during the matches he had with Becca. He looked angry. I offered to money match him but he got scared and declined. But yeah, he's just your typical everyday scrub.

BPx

Smash Lord
So tentatively we are leaving around 10:30 P.M. Friday to go to Kahoka. Right now I think the ride situation is
1.Me
2.Colin
3.Joker
4.Blake
5.Chloe
6.????
So whoever wants the last spot let me know I guess.
Also, any games going on tonight?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Rebecca played against that Echo kid and destroyed his face. The dude comes in and just starts mouthing off. He's a really cocky kid. So he and Becca start playing games. He uses Pika and she uses ROB. All this dude kept doing was Roll->Dsmash/Fsmash and Jolts. Didn't grab or shield ever. Becca just kept punishing his rolls with Dsmashes and kept hitting him with projectiles all day long. After the match, he says something like "I'm considered 'semi-pro' in Brawl in Minnesota." and other stuff. Then he starts mouthing off more, just spewing nonsense. I was talkin' trash to him during the matches he had with Becca. He looked angry. I offered to money match him but he got scared and declined. But yeah, he's just your typical everyday scrub.
This kid was talking sh*it in PKMN too and he told the other PKMN players there that I cheated when I beat him, which I didn't but the team I used I beat him was 100% legit and I did told him that I use a Action Replay but only for WPM. I wasted 10 minutes looking for that twinkie faced ***** waiting to kick his teeth in until I found him and we reached an agreement.

Edit: Becca do you know that kid's Facebook page so I can troll his ***?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So tentatively we are leaving around 10:30 P.M. Friday to go to Kahoka. Right now I think the ride situation is
1.Me
2.Colin
3.Joker
4.Blake
5.Chloe
6.????
So whoever wants the last spot let me know I guess.
Also, any games going on tonight?
Huh, wasn't Dustin going too Brandon?

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Rebecca + Skizm +Tyser: Hahaha...oh my bad I didn't know there was a story behind it. Sounds like ya'll had fun :)

resTy

Smash Champion
lol if this kid is semi pro in MN, how come MN hasn't heard of him? :awesome:
I asked if he new you guys and just named a bunch of random Minnesota people, some who I dunno even play Brawl but I know play[ed] Melee. He was completely lost and had no idea what I was talking about lol. Some kids right?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey, Brandon. I got your text, sorry I didn't respond-- my phone was charging. I think Friday should work... considering the length of the trip. Personally, If given the choice- I'd rather leave the same day and stay til sunday, but you guys in Des Moines should decide since you have to endure a longer trip.

Top Bottom