• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Man, go Joker. Bringing back the tournaments. :3

Blake, if you can make it to Kahoka, I'll just ride with you because it's on the way? (if it is, and if that's okay of course)

Soran

Smash Ace
dittos to what Yink says.

Exactly how am I being more annoying?

All I was doing was asking questions. I guess I could see why...
okay. I'll be less annoying. I can tell Blank really hates me.
I can't tell if this a legitimate feeling or just something he puts on when he gets on his computer. Like I've said before, I can't imagine why somebody would hate another for a trivial reason such as this.

I would hate somebody on the internet if they use pics from jailbait.com as their default picture...

this is just an example. Some dude from AiB. he is soooo creepy. I guess I hate those internet creeps. But somebody like me, I wouldn't consider a creep. (seeing as we're talking about me here) But still...

I guess seeing THuGz post that video was annoying... I can see how you guys get annoyed. that post actually made me sorta mad. because I saw it in the Kahoka thread.

So I'm sorry for everything up to this point. Sincerely.
I'm in a tired mood so that is probably why I'm being so submissive.

EDIT: oh, I didn't see that, HQYZ. okay. that too is understandable.
P.S. 40 posts exceeds my page limit. So I guess it depends on how you have your settings.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, I feel like a Random Terran will win this weekend at MLG Dallas.
IdrA or TLO. Gogo Zerg.

FruitDealer should show up to this randomly and stomp everyones face.

Soran - I don't think a page has gone by without you posting at least 40 times.
And don't worry, Blank hates me too

PortCity

Smash Ace
@DSM Folks: Jake and I MIGHT get together and play some brawl tomorrow night. If ya'll get a ride, I'll be more than welcome to have ya'll come to my apartment. We can't be loud, but I will be jacking a projector, so we will have 1 big setup and 1 REALLY big setup. I'll tell ya'll by 5:45 today if and when you guys should show up if interested.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Soran - I don't think a page has gone by without you posting at least 40 times.
And don't worry, Blank hates me too
I dont know how you ever got this impression lulz.

I'm just an awkward kid yo. I bet I've scared off others before like that too. >:

Also, everyone will play Shenmue City with me right!? Shenmue is coming back, hopefully it gets some American release.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so my situation for kahoka and any future tournaments is something like this: my uncle is staying at my house as he just got released from the hospital due to heart problems, he can barely move and so i actually can't leave the house if nobody else is here. so im kinda not able to do anything until some stuff happens and he is taken to a nursing home or something.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@DSM: You guys can come to my house tomorrow at 7. Jake will be here and we can play for however long people want. If you guys do come, bring one more setup. I'll check here tomorrow at 6pm.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Also, everyone will play Shenmue City with me right!? Shenmue is coming back, hopefully it gets some American release.
That's awesome news, too bad it's mobile only for now though. I would so play it.

Also could anyone give me a ride to portcity's place tomorrow? I'm on the south side of Des Moines. If you're going joker we should play more psp games lol, last time was too fun.

Soran

Smash Ace
So you play GVGNP? I'd like to meet you one of these days and play with you ^-^
Arcade Runs C course 8 difficulty!

or we can have a full party and just battle. If not I'll have CPU lvl 3 Newtype The O.

LOL GBA2!? Does that have Nu Gundam? I have GBA3 feat. Gundam SEED.
game is teh dope.. or it was the dope. now it's clunky and lamesauce.

But I remember watching a gameplay vid of GBA2 Nu Gundam. I don't remember him in that game. But probably because I didn't like him that much back then.
I also have GBA1 WITH Nu Gundam. problem is: you have to input a cheat everytime you want to play Char's Zaku.

gantrain05

Smash Master
next side tourney at jokers should be Gundam battle assault 2, or guitar hero, cuz im broke and would like to win some money.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@DSM: You guys can come to my house tomorrow at 7. Jake will be here and we can play for however long people want. If you guys do come, bring one more setup. I'll check here tomorrow at 6pm.
That's not fair I want to play with Razor but I'm pretty sure DSM can't go there cause both Skizm and Greg are going to be at Omaha any chance games could be here or could someone pick me up >.0

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
So you play GVGNP? I'd like to meet you one of these days and play with you ^-^
Arcade Runs C course 8 difficulty!

or we can have a full party and just battle. If not I'll have CPU lvl 3 Newtype The O.

LOL GBA2!? Does that have Nu Gundam? I have GBA3 feat. Gundam SEED.
game is teh dope.. or it was the dope. now it's clunky and lamesauce.

But I remember watching a gameplay vid of GBA2 Nu Gundam. I don't remember him in that game. But probably because I didn't like him that much back then.
I also have GBA1 WITH Nu Gundam. problem is: you have to input a cheat everytime you want to play Char's Zaku.
I don't really "play" GVGNP. I play it for fun on rare occasions, that's only because it gets boring fast just playing 1 player. ATM all of my friends with a psp are off doing stuff irl so I don't really have anybody to play Multiplayer with :(
I haven't really even watched like 60% of the series featured in the game. I need to learn more system mechanics, but I would only do that if I had people to play it with on a frequent basis. So yeah...it's just for fun.

gantrain05

Smash Master
and now MJG is in pro bracket, he's top 16 for sure now. i don't feel so bad for always losing to him anymore. kansas rapin erybody

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So, it's finally happened guys.

I think my Wii is offically dead. It hasn't turned on in a couple days, and whenever it does it makes weird-*** noises.

:(

Soran

Smash Ace
Dx

let's have a funeral. Winner of Brainshock should donate prize money to Chloe towards her new wii/whatever she wants.

nice Gamegenie, gantrain.

PortCity

Smash Ace
These Diddy Kong players are going to keep winning MLG until people wake up and realize how to fight against him :-\...it actually isn't that hard, but a large number of people are going about it all wrong. Well, I guess I get to sit back and watch to madness until people either A) Learn to fight him properly or B) counterpick him with certain characters :-P

gantrain05

Smash Master
These Diddy Kong players are going to keep winning MLG until people wake up and realize how to fight against him :-\...it actually isn't that hard, but a large number of people are going about it all wrong. Well, I guess I get to sit back and watch to madness until people either A) Learn to fight him properly or B) counterpick him with certain characters :-P
i don't think that these top players know what a CP means, it doesn't mean play snake/mk lol. i don't think diddy is as good as people think he is, i mean i think he's a great char, but not to the point where u can go thru nationals and only ever lose ONE game out of the entire tourney.......plus 2 sonics in the top 8.....cmoooooon

gantrain05

Smash Master
probably, i don't really know the diff between top level diddy and mid level anymore since i haven't played any diddy other than sekku in probably like a year. i still don't think its that bad, judging from videos and stuff. but im a peach scrub what do i know lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Tyser: Don't worry my friend, fighting me is just the same as fighting a top level diddy...I can assure you of that. :)

@Gantrain: No it actually makes sense for Diddy to do that at MLG. I'm not doubting my character, he is hands down the best in the game. Only because he has unlimited potential. MK, is the best by ordinary standards/on paper. But there are situations that diddy can turn from bad to good that mk can only dream of. My gripe is, since most people don't know how to play diddy properly, it is easier for the higher level diddy players than it is supposed to be. Half of the top players get caught up in using diddy's bananas against him, which is a severe waste of time. Why is Snake wasting his time playing catch with bananas instead of u-tilting? But you see that stupidity all the time. I'm not gonna sit down and type of a guide on how to beat diddy, but as the game progresses, I'll be proven right. :).

TL:DR Stop trying to take away diddy's banana game by using his bananas. Take it away by abusing your character's attributes. You play *insert random character* not Diddy, so stop pretending your character is diddy whenever you fight diddy.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
A good idea to play wolf v Diddy is to get a hold of 1 banana and rarely throw it. Using Blaster and Shine while holding the banana limits DIK.

gantrain05

Smash Master
peach does it better than wolf, she can throw out every attack but jab with a banana in her hand hahahahahaha eat it wolf

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I actually agree with Pcity. When played right, Diddy is the best in the game.

He has all the tools to beat anybody, you just have to play around some weaknesses.

Other people have top camping power, top gimping power, top killing power, Diddy doesn't super excel in those(Though he can) but he can control everything else in the match.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i think diddy has the same weaknesses as just about any other character, unless his opponent is playin a garbage char like zelda or something, the smarter player will usually win, but its brawl so......u never know.

Top Bottom