• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
i didn't know there was a nebraska tourney this weekend, is any of iowa goin? i might attempt to squeeze into a car if there is room and nobody has a problem with it

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
i didn't know there was a nebraska tourney this weekend, is any of iowa goin? i might attempt to squeeze into a car if there is room and nobody has a problem with it
Joker may be going for that easy money and maybe Blank and Scizm but other than that I don't know.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, i got interwebz for the first time in months of being away, so i thought i would drop a line to say hi and so ya know im still alive and what not. I have been thinking of you guys alot, i miss the fun of all weekend madness ( and the 6 months of it living at Joker's lol ). Seriously tho, alot of you became really good friends of mine throughout my travels and i do think about you guys alot. Your friendship really does mean alot to me... No homo. I cant wait to get back and kick it with you all again.

For those that dont know im in the National guard and have been in Mississippi training since the end of July to go to Afghanistan which i leave for in 2 weeksish. It was increadably short notice and i didnt notify too many people. I was actually in panic mode for a while. I apologize for not telling and getting a chance to say good bye. I get a 2 week R&R around march, so i will definitly set time aside to see you guys. Maybe a tourney during that time? When i actually get overseas the interwebz will actually be good so i will be able to stay in touch much better.

P.S. If ya ever get bored just pm me, i love staying in touch and it might just brighten my day. Till next time...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
That's what I'm trying to figure out cause Greg said something about not showing up too late I believe so Skizm, Brendon o.0

OMG PEEKS

I miss you so T.T
And I can't wait for the day when we get to see you again and I will have a tourney that day and is going to be call the Return of Peeks >.0

Kuares

Pizza
hah, awwww. now I really want to see you guys this weekend. A friend of mine who has a very high chance of taking me to brainshock(he also wants to get involved in more smash scene) is going to Iowa City this weekend and if he wasn't I'd have to tell him to go see you guys ; )

I've never brawled him before but I'm going to this weekend. I know you guys wouldn't take my word for scrap metal but I'll let you know if he's good ^o^ i mean, it might not be saying much but I legitimately topped QRS and am able to beat blake high percentage of the time.
Yeah you did legitly beat me, I'm still trying to figure out how :c

But anyways, mind if I tag along and meet your friend? I got no races on Saturday so I can bike around Cedar Rapids all day without a care in the world.

Played Zephyros and one of his Cornell pals this weekend and we got some good games(I love Soran's voice message). He's got to learn to not lose stocks to shine spikes.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Hey everyone, i got interwebz for the first time in months of being away, so i thought i would drop a line to say hi and so ya know im still alive and what not. I have been thinking of you guys alot, i miss the fun of all weekend madness ( and the 6 months of it living at Joker's lol ). Seriously tho, alot of you became really good friends of mine throughout my travels and i do think about you guys alot. Your friendship really does mean alot to me... No homo. I cant wait to get back and kick it with you all again.

For those that dont know im in the National guard and have been in Mississippi training since the end of July to go to Afghanistan which i leave for in 2 weeksish. It was increadably short notice and i didnt notify too many people. I was actually in panic mode for a while. I apologize for not telling and getting a chance to say good bye. I get a 2 week R&R around march, so i will definitly set time aside to see you guys. Maybe a tourney during that time? When i actually get overseas the interwebz will actually be good so i will be able to stay in touch much better.

P.S. If ya ever get bored just pm me, i love staying in touch and it might just brighten my day. Till next time...
No lie. This post brought a tear to my eye. Miss you buddy and when you get back, I'll do all the driving and I'll be able to buy us brewskis in March! :laugh:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Good stuff to hear from you again. Greg did kinda tell me about the going to Afghanistan thing. It'd be great to see you again when you finally get back~

Also people on the internet are mean bros. Wish people could tell me I was an idiot when I was 10-12 years old. I'm also not going to lie about not liking someone.

There is a tourney in Omaha this weekend, but I honestly have no idea who is going.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
havent heard from u peeks in a long time. i knew that u were in training but didnt know that internet was limited. honestly im nothing without the interent around lol

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
havent heard from u peeks in a long time. i knew that u were in training but didnt know that internet was limited. honestly im nothing without the interent around lol
Yeah, its kinda sad that once i get over seas the internet will actually be good. In fact all quality of living goes up a good amount once i get over, besides the risk of gettin blown up and what not :), it will actually be pretty good. Quite the paradox, eh?

gantrain05

Smash Master
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!! haven't seen u in foreverrrrrrrr.

and blank, i know what ya mean, if you dont like someone why pretend lol. so go ahead out with it, you hate me i know it, im so mean to you. i swear its for your own good tho!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
This freaking scrub Peach that lost me every **** doubles tourney. What a bad partner.

This is why I'm teaming up with Ngamer bro sorry. <3

Command your army with the power of Geass Peeks. I know you will.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
You know what's the funniest part about IA/NE Smash scene. We seem to play a lot when October rolls around and play till April. :laugh:

Soran

Smash Ace
I really wonder what it's like for pros... I mean, Just couple weeks ago was MLG DC and coming soon is.. MGC? I might go balistic if I had to play brawl like that lolz. not really though. considering I love this game. I just haven't played it in a while.

But I read som'n like $5000 grand prize for MGC? that's a lot of guala that I want.

Arthur, you've never beaten me at super smash bro's. And you never will. I even used Samus and I still kicked your ***. But that has nothing to do with you having a poorly formulated and thus immature, confusing, and frustrating personality, which is what I was referencing.

I think you guys would get along with this guy. This was a couple months ago but I still smile at it. seeing as he never beat me. We played FFAs and my friend eliminated him before I ever got my pick at him. plus I think he was drunk that night?

gantrain05

Smash Master
Goin OoS for a tourney every week for top level players is pretty common, they make alot of money placing high, altho im sure they spend most of it on travel expenses/food/tourney entree fee/venue fees. its basically a nerd hobo life.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im still planning on how im gonna make it up there, i might try to make it to that dropoff point between des moines and ames and have u guys pick me up if thats cool? i just need to know a general time u plan on bein there so i can show up early and wait for u.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
im still planning on how im gonna make it up there, i might try to make it to that dropoff point between des moines and ames and have u guys pick me up if thats cool? i just need to know a general time u plan on bein there so i can show up early and wait for u.
Where would that be? I could pick you up.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Goin OoS for a tourney every week for top level players is pretty common, they make alot of money placing high, altho im sure they spend most of it on travel expenses/food/tourney entree fee/venue fees. its basically a nerd hobo life.
If pro life is the good life then everything else must be sadlife lol. And I can tell you, you play games long enough you meet a lot of those~

For what its worth if I were to move somewhere on the east coast I'd be in the arcades and gatherings playing fighting games all the time. I actually have plans to move to PA in the hopefully not-so-distant future, and room with a friend of mine.

lol blank, what the heck was that, my ears!!!
Jlo that was an old lady reaching deep into the depths of her croak to do the voice acting of Pikachu...singing fukkireta.

the only reason that i'd get a 3ds is because of this

also hyped for golden sun dark dawn \(^o^)/
Yeah I saw this too. Capcom's best vs. game to date imo. Screw MvC3.

I'm personally also waiting on Solatorobo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqS9XSMBSMA

I loved Tail Concerto, I thought the .hack games were pretty interesting, and the art style shown here is really reminiscent of both and its awesome. <3 Apparently they've been wanting to make a spiritual successor like this for ages.

tl;dr furries and mechas jajaja

I wish I could downvote posts into oblivion so they disappear. Something I under appreciate on public forums lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Jlo I sent it. How are you getting here? You gonna get Greg to pick you up? Otherwise you will need someone will a cell phone, so they can get the gate key from me. If you are riding with a friend pm me his cell phone number.

Soran

Smash Ace
I also heard Ocarina of Time was going to be on the 3DS. lamesauce

DS is good for nothing but Mega Man Zero Collection. and the ZX games I guess...
mostly Zero Collection. I don't care about motion/3D gaming though. simple joystick in my hands and I'm ready to go. I hardly use motion controls on the wii >.< RE4 is the only game I have that I use Motion-control. MP3 is a great game though. I wish I had that.

what a great rant >.>

But Ocarina of Time should be remade for GC... lolz. I mean, since they're remaking it.
Skyward Sword should also be for GC. this is how much I dislike motion-controls.
I'm so glad I have Twilight Princess for GC. 10X better xD

Top Bottom