• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I don't care what ANYONE says! Mewtwo is just a G.
when I play Mewtwo(and suck miserably. even then) I'm like, why is Lucario in Brawl?
Mewtwo is so much more BA. His moveset is one of my favorites.
But I can't do any shit with him.
Lucario improves most of Mewtwo's problem like being very floaty, light and has better matchups but learning Mewtwo effectively is difficult cause you have to learn about double jump canceling and what 2 do in certain stituations and other ****. The reason why Mewtwo looks so good in there is because that's Taj playing him, he is Mewtwo son he'll mindrape u and make u cry but then again he been playing melee for a few years now where skill is involved unlike brawlol.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Lucario improves most of Mewtwo's problem like being very floaty, light and has better matchups but learning Mewtwo effectively is difficult cause you have to learn about double jump canceling and what 2 do in certain stituations and other ****. The reason why Mewtwo looks so good in there is because that's Taj playing him, he is Mewtwo son he'll mindrape u and make u cry but then again he been playing melee for a few years now where skill is involved unlike brawlol.
Mewtwo is an allegory for god. The first pokemon movie was a lot more then a kids movie. Especially if you watch the opening scene that was cut out. In that scene it shows the researches cloning a Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Mewtwo, and the Scientist's daughter, Amber. The 4 start to talk telepathically. One by one the 3 starts start to fade away and die. Then Amber starts to fade away. Mewtwo starts to panic and become upset as Amber says her final words to him, "Life is wonderful." This sends Mewtwo in a rage and the scientists are forced to sedate him for a few years. When he wakes up he is angry and out to seek the question life is wonderful, but why. At this point the movie parallels hot button issues like do clones have souls and the meaning of life.

These themes continue in the other Pokemon movie staring Mewtwo titled Mewtwo's Revenge. In this movie he lives on top of a plateau and lives with all of the cloned Pokemon from the first movie. He is essentially god of this area and even uses his powers to help people in the area and also keep them away from the Pokemon. At one point of the movie he questions if he should constantly protect the Pokemon or let them live life on their own and make their own choices. This is obviously a parallel to the idea of freewill vs. God's will. At the climax of the movie Mewtwo even goes through a crucifixion and revival similar to Jesus.

These two movies blew my mind.

TLDR: Mewtwo is basically god.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm going to sleep just now. Hype for waking up at 6PM.

Interesting stuff Jay I did not know these things.

Trent

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is an allegory for god. The first pokemon movie was a lot more then a kids movie. Especially if you watch the opening scene that was cut out. In that scene it shows the researches cloning a Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Mewtwo, and the Scientist's daughter, Amber. The 4 start to talk telepathically. One by one the 3 starts start to fade away and die. Then Amber starts to fade away. Mewtwo starts to panic and become upset as Amber says her final words to him, "Life is wonderful." This sends Mewtwo in a rage and the scientists are forced to sedate him for a few years. When he wakes up he is angry and out to seek the question life is wonderful, but why. At this point the movie parallels hot button issues like do clones have souls and the meaning of life.

These themes continue in the other Pokemon movie staring Mewtwo titled Mewtwo's Revenge. In this movie he lives on top of a plateau and lives with all of the cloned Pokemon from the first movie. He is essentially god of this area and even uses his powers to help people in the area and also keep them away from the Pokemon. At one point of the movie he questions if he should constantly protect the Pokemon or let them live life on their own and make their own choices. This is obviously a parallel to the idea of freewill vs. God's will. At the climax of the movie Mewtwo even goes through a crucifixion and revival similar to Jesus.

Totally seen those scenes. I was like WTF!!

EDIT- LMAO, without even realizing it, I pulled a GameGenie. GGs everybody.

Soran

Smash Ace
is that what they call it nowadays?
I know I once did that on dustloop(don't go there anymore) and everybody got so raged. they're liek, NOOB. *****. YOU SUCK! and stuff.

funny funny people take forums so gatdamn seriously.

and Jayford,

link or it didn't happen.

nobutseriously. where can I find these movies o.O?
I saw the first movie when it came out when I was liek, 7? well I was a young'n.

resTy

Smash Champion
Anyone find it strange that all the legendary Pokemon in the movies who were captured or defeated were captured or defeated by machines? Machines > Pokemon therefore The Terminator would destroy Mewtwo so easy.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Totally seen those scenes. I was like WTF!!

Ha ha very funny.

Don't compare Lucario and Mewtwo.
They're completely different chars.
And Mewtwo *****, just not in Melee.
I'm not I am just saying fixes some problems that Mewtwo has but speaking of which, you should of been in the youtube video game community around Late 07-early 08 there was a Mewtwo vs Lucario flame war to see which one is better but it started over a comment saying that Lucario is a little slow which is hillarious.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Anyone find it strange that all the legendary Pokemon in the movies who were captured or defeated were captured or defeated by machines? Machines > Pokemon therefore The Terminator would destroy Mewtwo so easy.
Not God this is.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
lol, easily the best post i've read in this thread in awhile

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Hey Zephyros, my capture card didn't want to work after being in disuse for 2 years so I just used a camera :ohwell: Also smashfest this saturday at Mt mercy?
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Joker, good job at getting 7th at the tournament!
Thanks for the vids, it's nice to be able to see yourself play and realize all the stupid stuff you do.

Umm I'm in genetics this block (Cornell does one course at a time for 3.5 weeks), so I'm kinda out of the smash scene until that is over. I talked with scarlet phoenix, and I think we want to do some smash the 24,25 or 26th.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Not God this is.
he got shit on also....... by water......

he got shit on in the manga also.....this time by chains........

Every legendary has been defeated by some sort of bullcrap, except for Groudon and Kyogre. As far as I've seen, Groudon and Kyogre are the best since NOTHING has tamed those guys. If anything they got bored of fighting eachother and went back to sleep.

Mew doesn't count since no one's ever actually encountered him since he's so good at hiding and running away.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@DSM guys: You folks can show up at around 5:30 or so. You will need to bring 2 wii's, cause mine is currently missing....don't ask. 2 Tv's should be enough, my big one and my little one. I need someone to help me bring my tv back into the house when we are done. Last 2 times I did it alone, and it was not remotely fun.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
he got shit on also....... by water......

he got shit on in the manga also.....this time by chains........

Every legendary has been defeated by some sort of bullcrap, except for Groudon and Kyogre. As far as I've seen, Groudon and Kyogre are the best since NOTHING has tamed those guys. If anything they got bored of fighting eachother and went back to sleep.

Mew doesn't count since no one's ever actually encountered him since he's so good at hiding and running away.
Or her, it's possible.

§chizm

Smash Lord
@DSM guys: You folks can show up at around 5:30 or so. You will need to bring 2 wii's, cause mine is currently missing....don't ask. 2 Tv's should be enough, my big one and my little one. I need someone to help me bring my tv back into the house when we are done. Last 2 times I did it alone, and it was not remotely fun.
I'll be there whenever I get done with lab stuff.
I'll probably have my wii and Joker will most likely bring his as usual.

Could someone bring a Triwing tomorrow as well?

resTy

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm convinced. Soran and Thugz are the same person.
They look the same, their posts are identical and they both started playing Brawl at the same time.
If they aren't the same guy, they're brothers or some kind of relative to each other.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So I'm going through FFT 1.3 again.

Who wants to be my item and support *****es? Preferably best compat with an Aquarius and female. ^_^

Kuares

Pizza
Thanks for the vids, it's nice to be able to see yourself play and realize all the stupid stuff you do.

Umm I'm in genetics this block (Cornell does one course at a time for 3.5 weeks), so I'm kinda out of the smash scene until that is over. I talked with scarlet phoenix, and I think we want to do some smash the 24,25 or 26th.
I was trying to wall shine way too much the second match. I gotta remember that doesn't work(it does on the left side of the mountains though).

That's too bad about the classes though. Study and such and don't lose the game against college courses. I'll mark my calendar to remind me to plan more smashfests, so far it looks to me that the 24th would work the best.

I'm willing to go to ANY and ALL CR/Marion area smashfests, there needs to be one every week.
When's Wash's Thanks Give and Break? Depending on if my break is the same time I can get you games everyday that week. Also, do you still plan on coming over saturday even if Zephyros probably isn't going? (same place, probably at around 4:00).

Soran

Smash Ace
When's Wash's Thanks Give and Break? Depending on if my break is the same time I can get you games everyday that week. Also, do you still plan on coming over saturday even if Zephyros probably isn't going? (same place, probably at around 4:00).
well......... I dunnoo.... I mean. It's Zephyros...

xD of course I'll make it. Blakes making it still rite?
I really just want to show a couple friends the smash scene. I also just want to brawl you anyway. TGB is.... *checks calendar*

It's the week of TG. the whole week. If you could that's great! <3
But dang, there is so little time between that week and BSα. I hope it's enough ._.

21st-26th is TGB for me. I will skip Thanksgiving. I WILL! xP We don't make much food anyway. and the good dish is always gobbled up before I can have seconds.

I hope if games happen and I'm able to attend I can make tighter relations with the IA smash.

PortCity

Smash Ace
It would be cool if there was a tourney before brainshock. ;)
I was thinking about holding a Doubles only tourney early in November. I'll discuss it with everyone tonight. Thinking about Doubles Brawl, Melee, Brawl +, and Powerstone 2 :)

Top Bottom