• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Trent

Smash Champion
whats the razor challenge?
Best 3 of 5
You can't use the same character in another round.
So at most, you could be looking at having to use five different characters.

Special Rule:
Random counts as a character. Say you're an MK main, you use MK round 1, then you pick random round 2 and get MK again. That's legal. You can't proceed to use Random again in the match, however.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
Best 3 of 5
You can't use the same character in another round.
So at most, you could be looking at having to use five different characters.

Special Rule:
Random counts as a character. Say you're an MK main, you use MK round 1, then you pick random round 2 and get MK again. That's legal. You can't proceed to use Random again in the match, however.
lol thats dope. would anyone be willing to do a friendly razor challenge? *insert money johns*

Trent

Smash Champion
All these cats makin' it to 'dis here Bi-Weekly.

Next time I'm in Iowa, is anyone able to remove the springs from my shoulder buttons by chance? I'm dead afraid of doing it myself.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Trent, I can help you with your controller. It's just best to not do it until after you've gotten any games out of the way, though. It threw me off a bit, mostly in terms of teching or dodges. I also hate change though, so even though it's not that bad it still felt awkward.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Does anyone want to buy my PS3 when I get back? Or anything I own for that matter. I like, don't need any of my games anymore.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
@Blank: ****, son, we've been looking for a PS3. As long as it's not balls expensive, I'm prolly game if you're for sure selling it.

Is anyone actually planning on going to the next MLG event in June? It's in Ohio which is, uhhhh, a huge drive away ~_~ Like 10-11 hours from our citeh to Columbus.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You got some game cube controllers, that are super close to being new that i can buy?
I think I have only one spare, and I don't think its really close to new but it works fine.

if your selling for cheap enough i may be interested, what kind of stuff are you selling?
Wii, PS3, a modded PS2 even. Just about anything gaming-related I own besides a few controllers for tourneys.

@Blank: ****, son, we've been looking for a PS3. As long as it's not balls expensive, I'm prolly game if you're for sure selling it.

Is anyone actually planning on going to the next MLG event in June? It's in Ohio which is, uhhhh, a huge drive away ~_~ Like 10-11 hours from our citeh to Columbus.
Its an old 80 gig that I bought for 600, but I'm willing to sell for 300-350. I think I only have FFXIII and LBP, maybe Uncharted 2 since my aunt mailed it to my home but I'd gladly include those games with the system as well.

I won't be able to sell nothin til I get home in June, but yeah I pretty much am looking to get rid of everything. Also I found my old Sega Genesis down here. "HIGH-DEFINITION GRAPHICS"

!

BOLT08

Smash Lord
They're making a new NBA Jam. Soooooooo exciteddddddd. Why do they have finals at 730 in the morning? Srsly? I have to catch a 7:04 bus that doesn't even go where I need it to, so i have to get off at the closest stop and haul *** to make it on time.

ALso, 3 hours of sleep ftw.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Done with school for the semester. Get at me.

Prepare for my glorious return to smash. If i didn't pass all my classes i might have a complete meltdown. To return to brawl or not return to brawl? That is the question. If i do, I'm certainly not using falco. Imma use a char that is fast and does the approaching, whoever you can play aggressive with.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Prepare for my glorious return to smash. If i didn't pass all my classes i might have a complete meltdown. To return to brawl or not return to brawl? That is the question. If i do, I'm certainly not using falco. Imma use a char that is fast and does the approaching, whoever you can play aggressive with.
There is no such thing in Brawl.

i'll buy ur soul off of u lol
Done deal, how much we talkin.

Someone else can have my body, 10 a night, 50 a week. LETS DO THIS!

Afrayail

Smash Ace

cant wait to be done @.@ but yeaaahh rofl at 7:30, who thought that was a good idea? anyway, use fox. or mk. :D

@Blank: if you throw in those games that sounds legit. used 80 gig around here is 250, so eh.

@everyone: MLG?? o.0

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
What the hell is this, craigs list lol.

Anywho, i might try to get my van to go to mlg for the sole purpose of taking Zash and so Joker could play singles. I need to check the dates and what not but if we do go others are obviously welcome.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
What the hell is this, craigs list lol.

Anywho, i might try to get my van to go to mlg for the sole purpose of taking Zash and so Joker could play singles. I need to check the dates and what not but if we do go others are obviously welcome.
That would be super awesome @.@ connors car as janktacular and my van guzzles gas like a champ. If you can't drive for whatever reason and there's enough interest (and gas money) we could take my van. But hopefully you can just get yours. XD;;

What about sleeping arrangements? Are people housing, or would we creep a hotel? I know Fino was posting about hotel rooms on facebook cuz he wanted an Olimain room, should I see what hotel he was talking about and how cheap it is?

Trent

Smash Champion
Me and a couple of friends are already planning to driving to Ohio before hand to visit a friends' parents. While we're up there I'm hittin' up MLG.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Well right now i would say its too early to make sleeping arrangements. But yeah you should ask how cheap it is. If we get a van load then we could get a room for cheap. I will find out this weekend about the van, and i also need to make sure i dont have army crap that weekend.

Schism/Greg, Christian wants to know if either of you have a charger that works on his computer, his just broke.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'll be at Joker's house from 4 pm until like 12 tomorrow. I'll be starting my MLG work out schedule... and umm...yeah.... tell me why my brother might be coming back :-\ it is like 75% likely. :-( Hell I might ditch my brother for Joker hahaha. Razor can have Mara :) ... sounds like there will be a lot of classic defense (Mara and Razor) vs offense (Joker and PCity) matches this summer :)

Trent

Smash Champion
I'll be at Joker's house from 4 pm until like 12 tomorrow. I'll be starting my MLG work out schedule... and umm...yeah.... tell me why my brother might be coming back :-\ it is like 75% likely. :-( Hell I might ditch my brother for Joker hahaha. Razor can have Mara :) ... sounds like there will be a lot of classic defense (Mara and Razor) vs offense (Joker and PCity) matches this summer :)
Where does a Hedgehog fit anymore?! :(

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Where does a Hedgehog fit anymore?! :(
So I let my cousin play my Sonic Advance 3 to keep him quiet, and when my aunt asked him to rent a movie he picked out a SAtAM DVD.

INFLUENCE COMPLETE! He'll be a regular Trent I tell ya.

Trent

Smash Champion
So I let my cousin play my Sonic Advance 3 to keep him quiet, and when my aunt asked him to rent a movie he picked out a SAtAM DVD.

INFLUENCE COMPLETE! He'll be a regular Trent I tell ya.
I love the younger generation these days. They all know who the cool blue hedgehog is. You must make him play a Genesis with all 4 Sonics.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I love the younger generation these days. They all know who the cool blue hedgehog is. You must make him play a Genesis with all 4 Sonics.
B-but...I am the "younger generation." :dizzy:

RIGHT!?

When is MLG? I call Jlo if I go.

Trent

Smash Champion
B-but...I am the "younger generation." :dizzy:

RIGHT!?

When is MLG? I call Jlo if I go.
Noo, I mean like, 6 year olds. They all knew who Sawnik is.

When I was working at Village Inn, our grab machine had Sonic, Tails, and Shadow dolls in it. While I was at the register, I overheard this kid about 6 years old say:

"Oh my gosh, mommy look! It's Sonic the Hedgehog! And Tails! And Evil Sonic!!"

EDIT - MLG is June 4th-6th. I just finished registering.

Uli

Smash Champion

when i was working at village inn, our grab machine had sonic, tails, and shadow dolls in it. While i was at the register, i overheard this kid about 6 years old say:

"oh my gosh, mommy look! It's sonic the hedgehog! And tails! And evil sonic!!"
: 3

Top Bottom