• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
So I'm grading papers, minding my own business and I thought about a video Razor tells me about last night. "How Good is Zeton's Up Smash". So I watch it and am amused for about 20 seconds. So I see a video on the side "Zeton vs Royal Nynja". I say, "Hmmm let me watch Zeton eat this Diddy Kong player up and get to grading papers again." Little did I know that, Royal Nynja is apparently my twin brother. He uses bananas the exact same way as I do....he fights around them....and he spikes, and gimps his opponents, does random stupid stuff...like pulling out bananas when he knows 2 are already on the stage. Well it is official....I'm no longer special. I advise you guys to stay away from Royal Nynja if ya'll see him on the street :-\ apparently Diddy Kong's are catching on as to how to play him and will probably be taking over sooner than I expected....footage provided below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQD6UUUu4J0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owUVteYVOIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp0gOMYu7KY

I might as well retire now :-D

Edit: Apparently he will be at No Koast 2. Good luck you guys :-\ Maybe he just looks good on video and maybe they just uploaded the ones he played well and won...but it is looking highly likely that the crap he was doing in those videos were no fluke.

Trent

Smash Champion
I just got first in a recent Brawl touranment . . . . The power of easiness and no competition!
Yeah, the tournament was so easy that I got 4th, wat?! It was Contagion-something-or-other located in Omaha, NE. Got a free "Grow your own 1-Up" Twas sweet.

Still pissed I lost to that Wolf..

Trent

Smash Champion
Oh well, I placed higher than him? For some reason I had no idea how to approach his laz0r followed to a front smash.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Epicness 0.0
Also I think 4/5 of us from IA may show up unless something work related happens and can't make it >.0

Anyways good games this weekend guys it was nice seeing Peeks and Zash again, it sucks that Zash won't be making it to the next tourney, but hopefully we can figure out something so we can all make it to NK2 ^.^

PortCity

Smash Ace
Love...keep those matches coming....the first one was hilarious :) we played a set at the end....if you could up load those i would really appreciate it :)

Trent

Smash Champion
I think we all were. I was hoping that there would only be 5 people so everyone left happy with with mushrooms.
Really? 'Cause I was hoping there'd be 3 people so everyone left happy with a mushroom and wii motion plus. And a shiny apparently easily broken medal.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Lol, actually they've already got the next one planned.

This is all to just raise hype for the con, which they've also already booked. It's happening. We were all expecting a much worse turnout than the 26 that actually came. And now that they're going to be listening and actually doing games that people would want to show up for [Melee/Brawl/BlazBlue/SF4] I doubt we'll get LESS people. -shrugs-

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
This is the greatest team match ever, especially the end. I talked about this during the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLBBIdqEbxk

Watching Royal Nynja play is just like I'm watching you Sekou. It is eerie. However I have realized that the only similarities between Mara's and KY's play-styles is that they both play pit.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
This is the greatest team match ever, especially the end. I talked about this during the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLBBIdqEbxk

Watching Royal Nynja play is just like I'm watching you Sekou. It is eerie. However I have realized that the only similarities between Mara's and KY's play-styles is that they both play pit.
WOW that match was...O_O!!! b/c of the team G&W and a yoshi on teams???...O_O ive never seen it before but was pretty epic at the same time.

Trent

Smash Champion
Lol, actually they've already got the next one planned.

This is all to just raise hype for the con, which they've also already booked. It's happening. We were all expecting a much worse turnout than the 26 that actually came. And now that they're going to be listening and actually doing games that people would want to show up for [Melee/Brawl/BlazBlue/SF4] I doubt we'll get LESS people. -shrugs-
Well hey, more 1-up mushrooms for all. Where's the smash fest happening Thursday by the way? Same apartment as last time or new location?

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Trent: Same apartment as far as I know. It might be held at this local place, but if it is it's literally RIGHT by the apartment so it's no biggie.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
That was another gay thing about those tournaments. You could only enter one thing. I hope they change that in the future.

We should ship this conversation to the Nebraska thread. Iowa doesnt need to know about our awesomeness.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

****ING MEW2NERD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
capsHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
So yeah, games was too good this weekend, had lots of fun and thanks too everyone who showed up, it was good seeing everyone again. Oh and i guess i i will thank Joker for hosting and such ;)
Well, until next time...

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, It was good seeing Peeks and Zash again. Both of you should come down to Des Moines to live. It would be epic. Iowa Smash would be all in one area if you guys moved here. :laugh:

Top Bottom