• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
so is there anything goin on tonight or something? if not then what about friday/saturday?
i dont think anything is going on tonight...but as for saturday i think love's going to do a smash fest at his house or thats what he wants to do.^_^

OH and as for NK2 i wont be able to go b/c i thought about it..i would rather make money then lose money...even though it would be fun i really need the money..so yea my spot is open if anyone wants it..^_^v

ace156

Smash Apprentice
anyone have a quicklink or easy explanation for how to put mp3 in place of the songs on smash (such as "im on a boat" on pirate ship).
i posted a few pages back but no one replied so i figured i would try again.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
so is there anything goin on tonight or something? if not then what about friday/saturday?
Andy nor Sekku have said anything assuming thats where games are taking place now, since school started and all >.<
As for tomorrow I'm up for going to Loves mainly cause I want to play Majora's Mask and this time I'll remember to bring an extra N64 controller.

anyone have a quicklink or easy explanation for how to put mp3 in place of the songs on smash (such as "im on a boat" on pirate ship).
i posted a few pages back but no one replied so i figured i would try again.
I thought Blank did, well anyways I can help I think ^.^;
You're using the SD card not the ISO righ

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Games won't be till Saturday, but for tonight there shall be corn! :laugh: No, but Razor is having games tonight at his place.

ace156

Smash Apprentice

Andy nor Sekku have said anything assuming thats where games are taking place now, since school started and all >.<
As for tomorrow I'm up for going to Loves mainly cause I want to play Majora's Mask and this time I'll remember to bring an extra N64 controller.

I thought Blank did, well anyways I can help I think ^.^;
You're using the SD card not the ISO righ
i might just be blind then O.o haha, i apologize if i did miss a reply to my message.
yea im just using the SD card as of now, though if theres something i need to switch to, just let me know

edit: i looked back through all the pages but didnt find any reply or comment about my post...

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Yeah here's the program I use
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241578
plus it has how to video and what not, you still need a program to make sure the song loops righ Blank got me one call GoldenWave you can also use Audacity but GoldenWave is really detailed ^.^
awesome, i have goldwave (full license) downloaded and am currently downloading the custom song maker.

i havent used goldwave yet, but does it explain what i need to do to make sure the songs loop or are there instructions on the custom song maker?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Sort of but is pretty ez.

With GoldWave all you need to do is edit the song so when it ends the start of the song will match the ending so it loops right, so move the bar close to the end then let it play put the bar back at the beginning and GoldWave should repeat the song and kinda of give you an idea of how the song loops, sounds complicated but is ez

Here's a song I did for a stage notice how it starts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lwl6Ms6ERc&feature=channel_page
then around 1:15 I the song loops

Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4zJ7xTcftk&feature=channel_page
Again around 1:15 it loops

By the way this songs where like 3-4 mins long and had to shorten cause I'm using the ISO and I have to match the length of the original song I'm replacing but the SD card doesn't have that problem. Other than that, that's probably the hardest part making sure it loops right so it sounds good cause both programs are pretty ez

And for the BCSM-GUI program all you really have to do is just click on the add button it will open a small window then just drop the song you just edited, also it should be an option in the same window that says loop make sure that's checked >.0

The other thing is that you need code manager and put this code which let's you load textures and custom songs off your SD
http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php?p=156501#post156501&referrerid=4334
This pretty much has the code by Phantom Wings and it will tell you the directory for where to put the files.

One more thing, once you have converted the song to a BRSTM file you need to rename it like for example lets say you want to put a song in FD and you want to replace the one call Final Destination, then you name the file XO5, on the same site there's a file you can download with all the song track list.

Well that should pretty much be it ^.^

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Sort of but is pretty ez.

And for the BCSM-GUI program all you really have to do is just click on the add button it will open a small window then just drop the song you just edited, also it should be an option in the same window that says loop make sure that's checked >.0

One more thing, once you have converted the song to a BRSTM file you need to rename it like for example lets say you want to put a song in FD and you want to replace the one call Final Destination, then you name the file XO5, on the same site there's a file you can download with all the song track list.

Well that should pretty much be it ^.^
Hey Joker Im still having problems with this part, i looked on the site and couldnt find the link with all the music tracks on it. also i did rename the file correctly to replace one on FD, but when i go to play the game it doesnt load the (replaced) music file, but textures and everything else work properly (including textures)

so maybe more explanation would help, thanks

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hey Joker Im still having problems with this part, i looked on the site and couldnt find the link with all the music tracks on it. also i did rename the file correctly to replace one on FD, but when i go to play the game it doesnt load the (replaced) music file, but textures and everything else work properly (including textures)

so maybe more explanation would help, thanks
Well first off here's the document with the music track
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3PZSWJRJ

Now if it's loading the textures that means the code is working then which is probably the song then.

I only have one question, did you change any of the music on the stages? like playing KK Rider on FD, cause if you did thats the problem. The reason is because it replaces the song with that track name not where it use to be, so which ever stage has the song Final Destination will have the song you added and if that's not the problem ignore this then kinda XP

Ok so here's what you do.
  1. Open the BCSM-GUI program.
  2. Click on the "+Add"
  3. Either drop the song or click on "+ Add to Queue"
  4. Click on "Convert to BRSTM"(I suggest doing one song at the time)
  5. When is done it should give you a message saying so if not just wait till the 2nd bar is full then close that window.
  6. Go into the folder where the BCSM-GUI program is. Inside there should be another folder call "library" open it.(The "library" folder is where all the songs you converted are.)
  7. The song you just converted should be there with the same name, but now is a BRSTM file.
  8. Rename it to what ever stage you want it on.
  9. Put it here X:\private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\(Music Number).brstm

And that should pretty much be it. On the last step
X:\private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\(Music Number).brstm
thats the directory "X" being your SD card and "Music Number" would be X05 for example.
Also make sure you make any folders your missing, which I think is the pf/sound/strm ones.

Trent

Smash Champion
About the tourney the 26th, your first post says it starts at 1pm, but a friend of mine was saying we could come by 2pm and still be able to enter the tourney. Is that true, or do we have to be there by 1 Joker? 'Cause he has class and what not.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Pretty much but I still like to get things ready by then, so I always have people call someone from the front page so that I know people are still coming, this way I can add them to the bracket and start the matches then when ever they arrive they just play their matches >.0

The other thing is I only start sign ups for Doubles first and after a couple of matches I start Singles sign up.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker, Sekou was requesting that we did doubles second at this tournament. He said he could make it by 7:00.

Trent

Smash Champion
Ho'kay, I'll write the numbers now and will call when we're heading up and what not. I WANT to be there by 12:30, but class schedules is causing our whole car pool to be a little late. Bringing up like 5 people from Nebraska.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Make sure to bring sleeping materials if you are staying over and all the awesome stuff you could think of like Magic, Pokemon, DS, PSP, Laptops, etc.

One more TV would be nice too.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
we all know that yugi is the best out of all of them \(^o^)/. i mean come on, all judai has is weak elemental heroes and all yusei has is stardusk dragon.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'll probably show up at Love's sometime when games are happening.
I'll probably have TMNT Smash Up with me as well (assuming it finishes).

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Yu-gi-oh was better before it was about cards.

Yami set a guy on fire with vodka and a lighter. No mind tricks, no magic. Just good ol' alcohol and a zippo.

He had it coming.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'll probably show up at Love's sometime when games are happening.
I'll probably have TMNT Smash Up with me as well (assuming it finishes).
Well I'm just getting one, ESPALWII cause I remember Kudou saying they where the good one, anyways what's that program I use to get rid off updates, so I can put it into my hard drive o.0

Yugi also has that banned Black Luster Envoy thing, but Jaden's beaten it before :(
And the Chaos Emperor Dragon, but actually the Dragon was banned the Soldier was just really rare, point being Jaden only beat the guy who stole Yugi's deck and was pretending to be Yugi.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Dudes, I am freakin' DOMINATING this Smash-Up tournament. Hand me your money now.

(First post in over a month. Haven't even been to the boards!!)
P.S. Also my 500th post was apparently about switching names

Top Bottom