• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So is this game good then or what, i have yet to see anything and i get on the boards and its all i see. So what be the verdict?

That's probably cause we got the game a week before the release date, but anyways the game is really fun if you like fighters, Smash, and TMNT then you should like this game however it does take some getting used to ^.^

im with peeks, ya'll seem so serious about this XD
if this replaces brawl, i dont even know...
I doubt it since they are completely different games, but for the mean time TMNT is replacing BB in my tourneys >.0

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
The rules seem to be fine, however I think instead of 1 person tag team it should be 2 players. I mean that mechanic is so awesome and shouldn't hinder it.
Eh. I'd prefer 1v1 as far as players. Sure, it's cool, but it's not like it makes the game better.
Plus, you'll have half as many entrants. Entries and stuff gets muddled up. It'll hinder the tournament.
Or, we could do three lives, one character.

And, I am serious about this game. It is so fun.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
If it means anything at all im still down for bb, i dont think im going to play tmnt, to many fighters that i would be sub par at would just frusterate me lol. i think ima gonna stick with brawl and bb.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
So is BlazBlue even happening at this?

Funny, I had a dream that it wasn't.

Also, how much is this TMNT tourney going to cost? i'd like to enter, because i'm just really good at video games and like winning. I'm not sure i'd pay 5 dollars though to do a tourney in a game i haven't even played yet. I'm sure everyone from NE would be willing to throw down a dollar for the game if thats what your going for.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
I doubt it since they are completely different games, but for the mean time TMNT is replacing BB in my tourneys >.0
Ya know Nick/Tyler/Icecar/myself are coming to this tourney mainly for blaz, so if there's not gonna be a place for it or if it's just gonna be a $1 tourney idk if I'm gonna bother coming :ohwell:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
can we still run BB?
ill run it so you dont have to worry about it :3
Who runs it is not the problem there's just no space for it specially when some ppl wanted to play SC, but you can probably play that where the beds are. Anyways you can use one of your Melee set ups for it.

Eh. I'd prefer 1v1 as far as players. Sure, it's cool, but it's not like it makes the game better.
Plus, you'll have half as many entrants. Entries and stuff gets muddled up. It'll hinder the tournament.
Or, we could do three lives, one character.

And, I am serious about this game. It is so fun.
Well since you where using two chars it seems better and either way I'm pretty sure we will get about the same amount of people mainly cause not that many people will had played it plus is only a dollar ^.^

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Im only entering BlazBlue and Brawl Doubles. I'll play other fighting games too I guess.

I haven't played either much at all, but eh.

If TMNT ends up being super hype and I get time to play beforehand I'll enter. Don't really feel like getting a copy for myself.

Also, I'm up for 5-10$ Blaz.

EDIT: Also, if anyone is in need of a Men's Bathrobe: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270459720748&_trkparms=tab=Selling Taking over my mom's ebay, modeling all these clothes again is going to be a pain, but at least I'll make profit this time.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I think that what we will/should end up doing is running BlazBlue as a later event in the night.

We should have 3 setups for Melee. Doubles will be 1 dollar, and we will just run it on 1-2 Setups.

Love are you bringing your TV again? it would be great if we could use that TV again for Blaz rather than a non-hd TV.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
We need to have blazblue Joker. There is more hype for that than about anything. We can do TMNT after Brawl finishes and Blazblue after Melee finishes, but we need to get a move on during the day to make that happen.

We need to have regularly firm deadlines for when things start, or it won't happen.

Uli

Smash Champion
in order for things to go smoothly we should go out to eat after tourny instead of during

ill run brackets for melee and BBzle
both will be $5, melee teams $1

love we need to play 3's, me and blank need to practice for november XDD
i can bring my ps3 and 3's, i need your sticks to play though!!!

also there is going to be a lot of NEians for brawl, so you can take our money :3

also will i need to bring my pstriple or you guys got it covered?
2 setups maybe?! IDK!!!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
No prob Yulai. The Vietnamese Restaurant we usually go to is open till Midnight, so people should grab some food just to last through the tourney and we could go out to eat afterward.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Maybe we Should do the two main events first. That being melee and Brawl. Then we could go out to eat and do the other two tourneys (BlazBlue and TMNT Smashup).

I think that everyone will want to eat before doing Blaz and TMNT. Eating something before participating in another tournament is important for everyone. Nobody wants to play while they are exhausted, and it will give everyone the chance to socialize about the tourney. Also, it will give others the oppurtunity to play brawl or melee on free setups while the other two tourneys are going on.

These are just my thoughts.

EDIT- We should just do Greg's idea.

Uli

Smash Champion
lol wtf megaman x, speed run?!
also you guys got the ps3s covered, didnt really catch it
ill bring my ps2 because its so small :3
need dat 3's practicar

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Then you should do the MMX Money Matches lol. Because that's definitely where that music is from.

I can't remember the first one but the second one is definitely Storm muthafukken Eagle

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Im decent at Network Transmission for gamecube. They EXE-ified Zero and made him buff.

MMX4 is where its at though. We'll just see who can beat Final Sigma and take the least amount of hits. No specials, No armor.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
We should do Pokemon kinda early this time, we always do it late when everyone leaves or wants to leave.

Is Megamen X the game where you can use shoryuken and hadouken?

§chizm

Smash Lord
I guess I'm pretty much entering every tourney.
Uli I'll play some 3Sessss with you. I started playing it again a bit after I shit on that random dude at FFC.

Also I think there are codes to unlock the chars in TMNT. They already posted a code on their forums to unlock Shredder+Cyber shredder skin.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
okay im going to enter alot of side tournys if im able to make it in time...b/c im not sure what time i work on saturday but ill figure it out tomorrow...it will be either 8 to 5 or 1 to 9....but will see..>_< so if i work the 8 one then ill be able to make brawl singles?

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Guys, I cannot stress how beautiful the combat system in TMNT is.
Give it twenty minutes with no items 1v1 and you'll be in love.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been messing around with the game a bit. I like Foot Ninja so far, he seems kind of rigged but I'm not sure what sort of teching system or whatever exists. Casey Jones is pretty awesome as well (LOL Fox nair).
I'm not sure if its my controller or not but it often messes up the directional attacks. And the tap jump system is ridiculously sensitive.
I'll probably nerd it for a while today since I don't have worksies.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Yeah I've been messing around with the game a bit. I like Foot Ninja so far, he seems kind of rigged but I'm not sure what sort of teching system or whatever exists. Casey Jones is pretty awesome as well (LOL Fox nair).
I'm not sure if its my controller or not but it often messes up the directional attacks. And the tap jump system is ridiculously sensitive.
I'll probably nerd it for a while today since I don't have worksies.
Teching has a pretty big window. You just have to be sure to press Guard (R) and not Point (L). If you're talking about Foot's 8A, it's techable and pushes both characters away from each other after a while.
Directional attacks are weird. They don't all exist, and some that do seem like they shouldn't.
There's
7A
8A/9A (same)
3A
7B
8B/9B
6B
So if you're trying forward tilt A, that's just a jab, but if you're trying down-forward B, that's a tilt.
There's no crouching or down tilts, but there are down smashes.

The only thing I have doing regularly is 7A/B. It's very sensitive to turn you around or jump.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'll bring it 4sho.

Also - So I rented that TMNT game. And I've only had about half an hour to mess around. I'm going to play it after school. But I'm so confused on things right now. I was playing with April a bit and couldn't figure out the teching system.

Edit: I hope I'm missing something because so far it's pretty mediocre. :\

Top Bottom