• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
yay, i just beat pokemon platinum, and now i have to get me my heatran and i am done with my team. i just started eden of the east and its not that bad at all.
Ive been done with platinum for a while now, I just havent touched Heatran's island yet. Most of my guys are coming from FR and Emerald.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Joker. My brother and I will be swinging by there Thursday. I'm not too sure when, but prolly mid / late afternoon. I have to handle some business in Des Moines, but afterwards PCity and Moses will be at your spot!

Teh Future

Smash Master
Dash attack a lot, and always buffer an airdodge into roll or something when you land close to him. Sometimes it gets predictable but its better then doing nothing and eating grabs. Fair his pikmin and jab him off the stage too I guess, you have a chance of gimping him there. The matchup kind of just takes patience.
I thought it was hellarious how Sonic can punsh Olimar pivot grab.

And whos complaining about a 4 hour drive. Lets talk bout that 6 hour drive STL did just to loose to people from our own state(And Joker but he doesnt count)?

And who chooses to do IC dittos? Really?

Oh and Razer I decided I learn the metaknight matchup so now next time we plai we can actually use our mains without you 2 stocking me everytime :D

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
hey yo dsm whoever is coming if you plan on showering plz bring a shower, also i have no pillow or blankets to give out so you will need some stuff to sleep.

also if you have a sleeping bag that probably works best as my basement isn't carpeted so yah.

if setups could be brought as well that would be awesome cuz as of right now i only have four tvs 2 for melee 2 for brawl and we were gonna do pools for melee.

who is confirmed coming?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Confirmed... um I would say me, Jlo, Joker, blank.... I think those are the confirmed as far as I know Schism is still up in the air, and so is Mduo.

Future I look forward to playing you again.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah Mduo you needz to go we'll probably be there Friday and come back either Saturday or Sunday.

Also Skizm said that he was going but not until Saturday cause he has stuff to do on Friday, so we can either get the TV from him or wait till he brings it and is Jlo bringing his TV again cause then it will be 2 set ups we bring ^.^

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm goin up Friday night after my baseball game. Between me and Jlo we can bring a set-up.

Also I will be at your place tomorrow as well Joker after baseball practice, so roughly 7 or so.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Gonna make a new OU Team for Pokemon.

Breloom
Metagross
Donphan
Vaporeon
Gengar
Salamence
That looks like a good team, but Im no expert. I dont even know what kind of team Im gonna make yet.

edit: HGSS might as well inlude all four regions now, they're already adding every single uber legendary imaginable. Next thing you know they're gonna put Mewtwo back in its cave.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
freakin Breloom and its freakin Substitute focus punch shenanigans. its so annoyin so i assume that ur makin the substitute + leech seed lead. im thinkin of makin a secondary backup team for kicks since u cant just have one team. its probably goin to be something like this

Mamoswine
Infernape
Scizor
Jolteon
Swampert
Salamence

something like this just to play for kicks and what nots

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im currently helpin my roommate brainstorm ideas while he finishes the story line
Im up 5 pkmn since I last played yoker
Im not sure if ill be able to make the set date for the next tourney
Im awesome

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
tyser in person= pretty cool guy

tyser on swf=****** who i wouldn't hesistate to kill easily because his physical stature is levels below mine.

nerds.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well I finish training a Pikachu early today, I just finish with Espeon and luckly I got 2 good ones so I'm making a Special Sweeper and the other a Baton Passer then I'll work on Venusaur talk about nerdy ^.^
And yes they all have pretty good IVs >.<

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
stronger as in disliking you more for every troll post you make.

and your okay in person when your not getting pissed when people do noob **** that tricks you out(i get mad too but thats ok because i'm an american.)

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Well I finish training a Pikachu early today, I just finish with Espeon and luckly I got 2 good ones so I'm making a Special Sweeper and the other a Baton Passer then I'll work on Venusaur talk about nerdy ^.^
And yes they all have pretty good IVs >.<
Damn, he took my idea :(. Guess Im gonna have to fire up his manga team, exept replace espeon for gyarados the way it was earlier.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
not sure if ill be able to go out there, found out theres a wedding on saturday that i have to go to, so im not thinking i will be able to make it to JBM's.
sorry guys

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Damn, he took my idea :(. Guess Im gonna have to fire up his manga team, exept replace espeon for gyarados the way it was earlier.
well y dont chu just keep the espeon and switch out pikachu for gyarados just like in that trainer card in ur signature? espeon can be used as a baton passer and gyaradoes can be a sweeper over pikachu

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
well y dont chu just keep the espeon and switch out pikachu for gyarados just like in that trainer card in ur signature? espeon can be used as a baton passer and gyaradoes can be a sweeper over pikachu
....But I like Pikachu....... plus he's insanely strong. I only have 1/3 of that trainer card finished.

I actually got this team rated a month or two ago, people hated it. A big problem was what I was gonna baton pass to, my only option would've been Venusaur (and Pikachu if I deided to use him in place of someone else) and if he dies then I'm screwed.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
....But I like Pikachu....... plus he's insanely strong. I only have 1/3 of that trainer card finished.

I actually got this team rated a month or two ago, people hated it. A big problem was what I was gonna baton pass to, my only option would've been Venusaur (and Pikachu if I deided to use him in place of someone else) and if he dies then I'm screwed.
High risk high reward team dude. Theres just more room for mistakes in those.

My strategy for baton passing is to baton pass mean look. Two members of my team are pretty much baton passers that can keep passing different boosts after Umbreon traps. The other half is full of cripplers like trick Cress(But Jirachi would probably be better) and walls like Kiss and Bliss that can paralyze with body slam or thunder wave. Not to mention a good portion of my team carries yawn and a healing move for multiple stalls into the right moment.

Unfortunately Joker carried a lot of stuff I didn't expect so I had to pull out my boring team of out of the box sweepers. T.T

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^kool mang.
Also can some one bring a set up since it seems like a pretty good amount of ppl are showing and Blank if you come please bring me some DVDRs <3

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I won't make it up till around 7, I'm bringing Jlo.

Also I plan on leaving here around 8-9 depending on when my game gets done, who wants to leave with me tomorrow?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'll bring my setup and DVD's. Jakeee, if you mean to JBM's *Raises hand*.

I'm not sure when I'll be showing up. Kudou, are you going today?

Top Bottom