• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
my favorite parts of wisconsin:

1. joker making machine gun norm through his controller across the room.
2. that bone guy who came all the way from texas.

i'm quoting myself.

i need to add a third.

3. kit joking VERY loudly about stealing a controller, then walking over to his controller and grabbing it, then being accused of stealing it. later we get stopped before leaving because bill is missing his controller. after we explain that it was a joke: "you guys shouldn't joke about stealing controllers, everyone is here to have a good time."

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
i'm quoting myself.

i need to add a third.

3. kit joking VERY loudly about stealing a controller, then walking over to his controller and grabbing it, then being accused of stealing it. later we get stopped before leaving because bill is missing his controller. after we explain that it was a joke: "you guys shouldn't joke about stealing controllers, everyone is here to have a good time."

Iowa steals things from what i've heard alot of people are missing things and i heard them talking about taking controllers.
IA and MO often got mistaken as the same group so this probably explains the complaining to joker about the melee stuff. Also I haven't left for Texas like I said cause Blank stole my car keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1G8ilvZn4

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Iowans are thieves because they have no law or willpower.

Haha, why on earth would I talk about taking ****? I would just take it.

Shout out I did not leave because Wisconsin has no sense of humor:
Bill: Love your controller.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman

Haha, why on earth would I talk about taking ****? I would just take it.

Shout out I did not leave because Wisconsin has no sense of humor:
Bill: Love your controller.

Iowans no willpower.
I take offense to that, when not playing rob and on doubles I always pick green.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to the next monthly.

As always, anyone who wants to come to Ames on Thursday is welcome. That's the night Se'kou and I play. BC, CBK, Blank, and Bone we need to get you guys up here sometime :)

Edit: Not sure if I've said this yet but you Missouri dudes are awesome. I'll bring my broken controllers for you to steal next time we meet.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward to the next monthly.

As always, anyone who wants to come to Ames on Thursday is welcome. That's the night Se'kou and I play. BC, CBK, Blank, and Bone we need to get you guys up here sometime :)
I would come but as usual I will be at work. :ohwell:
What time do you guys usually quit playing games?

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I would come but as usual I will be at work. :ohwell:
What time do you guys usually quit playing games?
We play pretty late, people leave whenever they need to. Midnight or later.

I know that's vague but personally I could play all night if people wanted to stick around.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well first time i got to check the boards since getting back from wisjohnson, sounds like it isn't just me who thinks that the tourney was pretty much bs. somethings wrong with pools when blank beats lain and doesn't make it into brackets. at least cook will organize his ****.

not even going to mention the people who sandbagged pools matches to make sure that me and blank didn't make it in....you know who you are.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I dunno, I usually get off work at like 9 on Thursdays so I dunno how much longer you would be playing after I could get there.

Also I'll probably be at Joker's for a while tomorrow if anyone wants to play some games. I'll bring my Wii in case that I can't fix his for whatever reason.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kinda forgot it in the process but its always great to ride in Razor's van. Grats on 5th place also lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
well first time i got to check the boards since getting back from wisjohnson, sounds like it isn't just me who thinks that the tourney was pretty much bs. somethings wrong with pools when blank beats lain and doesn't make it into brackets. at least cook will organize his ****.

not even going to mention the people who sandbagged pools matches to make sure that me and blank didn't make it in....you know who you are.
Hey, Jlo, how exactly did that work? I don't see how they could stop you guys from getting into pools that way. But i don't really understand how pools work, so feel free to explain in painstaking detail :)

gantrain05

Smash Master
Hey, Jlo, how exactly did that work? I don't see how they could stop you guys from getting into pools that way. But i don't really understand how pools work, so feel free to explain in painstaking detail :)
um well i'll try to explain the best i can, from what i understand, these circuit events are supposed to be seeded first by circuit points, and then by region, and then by skill, so basically first off, all the players who went to NO KOAST and got circuit points, (me, blank, joker) were not even supposed to be in pools, we were supposed to be sent on to the brackets, secondly, the pools were supposed to be divided by region, there were 7 pools, and 7 iowan participants, therefor it SHOULD have had 1 iowan participant in each pool, instead, there were pools with multiple people from the same state like us from iowa and also missouri got screwed here as well, and then after that it should have been divided up by skill, meaning basically each of the top players should have realistically been seperated in pools, and i know this step can be hard to do sometimes, but in wisconsin there were pools that were pretty rediculous, like my pool which was, me, blank, hunger, scythe, jordan and a couple other of really good players i can't think of their names now tho, and then there was jokers pool which was joker, razor, nichole, rofa, and maybe a few other good players im not sure of the rest, but then these pools were offset by asc's pool which consisted of him and cbk being the only good players in those pools, asc went 12-0 in his pool and cbk only lost to him, so there were some really undeserving people that got into the brackets from some of the "less competetive" pools.

so basically all of the commotion could have easily been avoided if they would have just followed circuit rules like they were supposed to have done, instead there were alot of deserving players not getting into brackets, and alot of not-so-deserving players getting higher seeds than they should have.

ALSO, being as there wasn't even 64 people there, they didn't even NEED to eliminate people from pools, they could have easily just used them to seed people to determine the brackets, instead they cut it down to a 32 man bracket and alot of people actually left and didn't show up for doubles because of this.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Wait, can I get more about this story about MachineGunNorm performing a J.Turley combo?

anyone get the custom skins for brawl
im playing ike is he is motha fuuuuccking SQUALL LEONHART
id go gay for him :3
not really
but seriously
this is too cool
i love brawl again

Lucky day for you. I'm making a download pack for Texture Hacks. Included is Ie as Squall (as well as Cloud and many others, even Snake as The Joker and a few I made myself). Everything you need to run the texture hacks is included in the pack with instructions and all you need is an SD card and Homebrew installed on your wii. This will let you play the hacks right from the SD card instead of burning a disk. If you want I could post the pack in this topic as well for all of you guys.

lain

Smash Master
*sigh*

blank beat me. once. in a friendly.

this is what happens. when you're a good player and you lose one match whether it be a friendly or in a mm or w/e, people are always spouting **** that they "beat" that person.

blank is good though, no doubt. i'm just saying it was one time in a friendly.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
*sigh*

this is what happens. when you're a good player and you lose one match whether it be a friendly or in a mm or w/e, people are always spouting **** that they "beat" that person.

You have countered one point of our many, many good points on why that was a badly run tournament. There were a ton of arbitrary decisions that screwed over people that could and should have been avoided by following the rules.
I don't have any complaints about how I personally placed. Neither does Razor, the most outspoken person about it.
There is no excuse for Cook going 12-0 in pools AND THEN they just ignore the seeds and switch him around because somebody the TO knew asked.

But, whatever, this conversation is flat. People are just *****ing now. We take away the lesson that Chicago already knew: WI sucks at doing things right.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Solution.

get as buff as jbm
get in peoples faces

or the best one yet....

DON'T PLAY A BAD GAME!!!

tyser- IT IS A BIG DEAL!! MELEE IS A BIG DEAL!

Cook

Smash Master
Wait, can I get more about this story about MachineGunNorm performing a J.Turley combo?
You certainly can! So, Norm is playing Joker. Their first game he ends up losing, by quite a bit I gather (I didn't actually see this match). He died off the top on his last life, and as his character slowly falls in the background he pauses the game and quits the match. The narrator calls out "No contest!" which prompted Razor to point out that "Oh, there definitely WAS a contest." At this Norm gave Razor the dirtiest look imaginable. Next game Joker starts ****** again. I believe he got Norm to his last stock without losing any himself, so Norm pauses and quits, then rips out his controller, throws it on the floor, then yells something or other, while Jordan calls out "Are you serious?" behind him. He doesn't get very far before he realizes he's making a total **** of himself, so he picks up his controller and comes back to shake Joker's hand. ALMOST a perfectly executed J. Turley combo.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
everybody posting in this thread is a huge ******. wow go cry more about how your 1 circuit point didnt allow you to enter the bracket so you could get shit on and go 0-2 against better players

Zicore

Smash Champion
Was it the wii with a messed up front cover? I packed mine up and Brawl was already on it, there was a suitcase next to it and stuff. I always had Brawl on it unless someone changed it for Melee.
I think it was on Joker's TV. If you are facing the projector, it was to the left of it. It wasn't near the projctor, so I guess it was in the back top corner? But yes, there was a duffle bag next to it. If you have it, that would be excellent news.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
LOL at people coming out of the blue posting in here.
You guys suck dick.
Brawl people + non legitimate johns = Worst kind of people in the nation; even worse than gays.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. It happens. I have done it in the past where someone put melee into my wii and I didn't realize it. I have taken mem cards that weren't mine, but it was completely accidental because its just not something I think to do before I pack up my **** is to check if it was my mem card or if brawl/melee was in my wii or w/e. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I just know I put it in jokers setup, and I forgot to grab it when I left on Friday and didn't even think about it when I came back saturday. I have no beef with any of you. I was just asking, and I as I recall, I was completely nice about it. Don't hate. I just want my friends melee/mem card back. Hell, I don't even need the mem card, I just need the melee disc back =/ I was just asking joker if he knew where it went, seeing as how it was in his setup.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i don't really know if anyone has any melee discs/mem cards that doesnt belong to them, but im pretty sure some of iowa was missing things as well, i am actually missing my 25ft Cat5 from my backpack, which was in an entirely different room...and in my bag. but to be fair it WAS in a room that we thought we were all going to be sleeping, so we left our stuff in there for like 6 hours and then found out we weren't using that room later so we went and got our stuff and i didn't even realize it was gone til i got home and tried to reconnect my router.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

Lain, I wasn't insinuating that Blank was better than you. I know it's a friendly and I know that in the tournament, that's probably not how things would have gone down. When I brought this up I was only using it as an example to show that Blank is good, I wasn't trying to go around shouting about how Blank is so good Lain sucks whatever whatever... Sorry if that's what it seemed like.

Top Bottom