• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Uli

Smash Champion
you guys sang the nico nico melody O.o
WHERE WAS I AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy bday joker :3

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Page counter is messed up for me too lol. What did all of Tyser's posts get erased or something? Tourney thread is going to drop pages like crazy if so.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Agree'd x10, and we sang the NicoNico Medley in the car for your birthday so shut it. xD
no freakin way, i should of gotten in on some of that action :(. now im all sad cause the Nico Nico medley is wayy to good, i have like a couple versions if that on my zune.

you guys sang the nico nico melody O.o
WHERE WAS I AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy bday joker :3
exactly, i want in on some of that greatness but we missed out :(

Gee, thats surprising, lol.

On another note, me and Zash are pretty sure we will be going to the next circuit event and was wondering who else plans on it, cuz we could get some sort of carpool worked out, cuz if we can take one car, that would be best.
i want to go to the next circut but it depends on space issues if i go or not basically

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Well if we get enough people to go, Razor or whoever can drive and i could take the leftovers. I think we could get enough people to get a good 2 car loads. Thats why people need to look at there schedules now so we can get a plan.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
As for NE won't be here does that mean the MW circuit or Joker's next monthly? I am ok with the lack of NE at the circuit but not cool with the lack of NE at Joker's.

Bone why do you say that about Dustin? My rationale comes from the fact that he told me and Joker he wasn't going to enter anything when we got there, and when we got pissed he didn't understand....

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me the Story of Dustin. There are funny stories involving him.
Dustin lost to a jigglypuff, he got angry.

Bone why do you say that about Dustin? My rationale comes from the fact that he told me and Joker he wasn't going to enter anything when we got there, and when we got pissed he didn't understand....
Well pretty much that. The whole time he didn't seem to enjoy being there while I know someone like kudo or skizm would had enjoyed it a lot more. I kinda predicted this would happen.

You can't come, Bone. No Texans. You'll shake up all our pop.
Your silly MO laws can't stop me.
I also have no idea what this "pop" is that you speak of. Isn't that a genre of music?You Midwest people confuse me. Either way I plan on coming down and shaking all kinds of carbonated drinks such as coke and the like.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
That's terrible. He never enjoys trips to tourneys. Instead of getting experience, he complains about how he loses and gives up and sits in a corner away from people I bet. BTW, You pulled out the best sig you made Bone. :laugh:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So in order to handle Kirby's bad matchups I'm picking up Diddy and Snake.

Bcuz they throw things.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I was also thinking on snake to handle the G&W and MK match up a little better but i should probably concentrate on getting a decent ROB first. I just really wish Snake had a Big Boss outfit, seriously they can give pika and jiggly hats but can't go to the trouble of adding an eye patch for Snake.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman

Bcuz they throw things.
hate you.

probably a good idea though. i'm picking up wario apparently? mainly because kit and i like to play each other's characters in teams because it's funny.

i'm also thinking about maybe ddd for snake, i thought about mk but that's a slippery slope. i don't want to be the guy who switches to mk everytime he loses. *glares at razor*

but yeah, snake is a problem. especially in wisconsin where everybody played snake.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Well if we get enough people to go, Razor or whoever can drive and i could take the leftovers. I think we could get enough people to get a good 2 car loads. Thats why people need to look at there schedules now so we can get a plan.
that might work out since there might be left over ppl still wanting to go so the extra car might help

we should all learn the The Melancholy of Haurhi Suzumiya dance :3
that dance is pretty epic at AX, i've seen a few vids and there's a lot of ppl doin it in a large crowd

You can't come, Bone. No Texans. You'll shake up all our pop.
Your silly MO laws can't stop me.
I also have no idea what this "pop" is that you speak of. Isn't that a genre of music?You Midwest people confuse me. Either way I plan on coming down and shaking all kinds of carbonated drinks such as coke and the like.
y do all midwesterns call pepsi, mountain dew, etc. as "pop" or "soda" and southern ppl call it "coke"? same thing with the coasts, its just madness (^^;)

Well pretty much that. The whole time he didn't seem to enjoy being there while I know someone like kudo or skizm would had enjoyed it a lot more. I kinda predicted this would happen.
i half expected that he would get pissed cause he always does, and i probably would have enjoyed goin more cause im just a happy kind of person

Bcuz they throw things.
im pickin up snake kind of, im getting the hang of him ok but i dont really know what kind of play style to have with snake. i just throw a lot mortor slides, U-tilts, and F-tilts (^^;)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I was also thinking on snake to handle the G&W and MK match up a little better but i should probably concentrate on getting a decent ROB first. I just really wish Snake had a Big Boss outfit, seriously they can give pika and jiggly hats but can't go to the trouble of adding an eye patch for Snake.
hey I'm sure you can just skin one on. I've seen a Snake with a mask on labeled as Big Boss so an eye patch would be the same lol.

hate you.

probably a good idea though. i'm picking up wario apparently? mainly because kit and i like to play each other's characters in teams because it's funny.

i'm also thinking about maybe ddd for snake, i thought about mk but that's a slippery slope. i don't want to be the guy who switches to mk everytime he loses. *glares at razor*

but yeah, snake is a problem. especially in wisconsin where everybody played snake.
I actually love playing Snake nowadays. I've got the matchup down with Kirby mostly. Really unless you play MK there are going to be bad matchups so I always try to learn them with Kirby instead of switching, but I don't want to limit myself to one char either.

I just don't like playing MK. Not only do I hate dying early, but sometimes I pick MK and my opponent will play either 10x campier or pick MK back, and I am terribad at MK dittos lol.

But yeah I'm pretty much in Bone's situation. G&W and MK are my bad matchups.

Uli

Smash Champion
ya'll need to man up and play your mains all the time
jk :3

i think me and tyser are the only ones that could make it to the monthly but i doubt that will happen. i would love to come if i could get a ride some how :\

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
You're just jealous.... yes slippery slope indeed. It is hard to find the motivation to play someone else when you know you can win and win way easier if I just play MK.... I'd like to play snake more but I know I will never be able to accomplish what Joker does with him so I don't even try....

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
when you don't work you get weak. because then you don't eat. because you can't afford it. besides, it's not like i'm actually doing anything.

PortCity

Smash Ace
You're just jealous.... yes slippery slope indeed. It is hard to find the motivation to play someone else when you know you can win and win way easier if I just play MK.... I'd like to play snake more but I know I will never be able to accomplish what Joker does with him so I don't even try....
:) ... and that is why I am always here to clown you Razor... You do get some credit for admitting it. None the less, that is one of the main reasons I believe the character should be banned. There is a supreme lack of character diversity as a result of him. See in all honesty, I'm shocked Joker doesn't play him. He is a really good player, and Snake (though he has some abusable moves) requires work to win. As I told Andy, Metaknight is the equivalent to a boss character....whenever someone beat the sub-boss they have to fight Metaknight to make it to the next level. That tells you something is wrong right there. Remember, this is coming from someone, who can play him and play him well. The only reason he isn't banned is cause people get beat with him, but no one thinks about how much effort it takes to do it. If he gets banned, people will be utterly amazed at how much diversity we will see in the game. Minus him, the game is balanced, but this is all a dream. Metaknight won't be banned and we will be watching matches like this...until the end of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHtrRgPklPA

Uli

Smash Champion
im not as nerd as you guys are about brawl but i dont think MK should be banned.
you dont see MK winning tournys much (as far as ive seen) the only person winning huge tournys with MK is m2k. the midwest has a pikachu player ****** up and down the street. the only people that play MK is people that play a crappy char to begin with and they think oh ill just play MK but uh they still get beat in the end. Then you have your good MK players and thats tough but not impossible. razor was the only MK player to make top 8 at the recent tourny. keep playing MK razor unless you really like mario IMO

those are my 2 cents

also cocks

Cook

Smash Master
im not as nerd as you guys are about brawl but i dont think MK should be banned.
you dont see MK winning tournys much (as far as ive seen) the only person winning huge tournys with MK is m2k. the midwest has a pikachu player ****** up and down the street. the only people that play MK is people that play a crappy char to begin with and they think oh ill just play MK but uh they still get beat in the end. Then you have your good MK players and thats tough but not impossible. razor was the only MK player to make top 8 at the recent tourny. keep playing MK razor unless you really like mario IMO

those are my 2 cents

also cocks
What do you mean MK isn't winning? Last I checked MK had more than twice as many ranking points than the second character (Snake, I think).

Uli

Smash Champion
this is just the stuff ive seen based off big tournys ive seen lately
not looking at it from that ranking thingy

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
MK is not akuma but he is Sagat.
There seems to be a tacit agreement amongst top players in Japan—a soft ban—on playing Old Sagat. The reason is that many believe the game to have much more variety without Old Sagat. Even if he is only second best in the game by some measure, he flat out beats half the characters in the game with little effort. Half the cast can barely even fight him, let alone beat him. Other top characters in the game, good as they are, win by much more interaction and more “gameplay.” Almost every character has a chance against the other best characters in the game. The result of allowing Old Sagat in tournaments is that several other characters, such as Chun Li and Ken, become basically unviable.

We don’t have all Old Sagat vs. Old Sagat matches in tournaments, but we do know which characters can’t beat him and as a result are very rarely played in America. We likewise can see that this same category of characters flourishes in Japan, where Old Sagats are rare and only played by the occasional violator of the soft ban. It seems that the added variety of viable characters might outweigh the lack of Old Sagat. Is this ban warranted then? To be honest, I am not totally convinced that it is, but it is just barely in the ballpark of reasonableness since there is a decade of data on which to base the claim.

tldr: The reason for banning mk is not because he is a broken unstoppable force but mostly because he unbalances the game to a point that he stagnates the metagame. Of course brawl will never have a decade of testing and the community will not ban him in the fear of being called "scrubs"

Top Bottom