• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
This is what I just posted in the FBT6 thread. Please add anything I missed.

So, way too much is going to remain unsaid unless I go ahead and do it for everyone who won't say the things that need to be said.

I think this tournament was run terribly. Some of the organization was complete and utter bs. First of all when we had enough people to run a 64 man bracket why would we not do that? Fine still do pools but do that for seeding purposes. I think people didn't realize the fact that some people drove anywhere from 6-9 hours to come to this for them to get screwed in pools and not make the brackets.

Pools were ridiculous. Of the seven Iowans four got put in pools with other Iowans. But wait wasn't there seven pools? Why the f*ck weren't the Iowans spread out between pools? Ok lets move onto team pools of the three Iowa teams two were put in one pool, when I went to ask to get that switched after they had already moved around other Wisconsin teams I was ignored and basically told to deal with it.

The brackets were even worse in my opinion. Jordan, Kit, and Cook(asc) made the brackets. Jordan played cook first round and the winner played Kit. Come on. They even asked to get it switched and were ignored. I played one of the four Iowans who moved on in my second round. But yet the brackets get switched for Hunger and Tapion and some others that I can't remember right now.

I met some cool people at this tournament but I also met a lot of elitist pricks. I'll remember this about Wisconsin. That's what is awesome about places like Iowa and Missouri and even Minnesota. Everyone from those places are nice people, that don't talk **** during matches, look down on people they may not have "heard" of, or throw **** when they lose. Sure some of us may be sarcastic but we aren't *******s like quite a few of the people I met at this tournament.

I'm so glad that Asc is running the next midwest circuit because that means it won't be run so god awful. I'm sure most of the Wisconsin people won't bother to come despite the fact that we went there but I don't really care. I wasn't really that impressed by what I saw from the Wisconsin people, No Koast had so much more talent it is ridiculous. Unless things are going to be different next time count me and probably all of Iowa out for future events in Wisconsin.
People dont do 64 man brackets because it takes too long to have everyone in and the tournament cant be finished in a day (especially with the poor organization you speak of). There are people who fly from the West Coast to the East Coast to be dropped out during pools, its just the way this game is. Having bad players in brackets is a waste of time anyways. If youre good then prove it.

If this was run in Wisconsin then Im not surprised how badly the tournament was run. I havent been to one down there but Ive heard theyre the worst in the nation, literally.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I really wanna thank the Iowa folk for the ride. From texas to Iowa was brutal but you guys saved me a 6 hour drive to WI. You Iowa folk were a lot of fun to hang out with. Yeah the whole thing was a bit disorganized.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I personally have never seen Jake so pissed...and it must mean those WI folks are total pricks if he gets madder at them than at me (and my trash talk). From what he said, sounds like they were rigging things. ....On that note, and despite any disagreements I may have with Jake's character choices :) ... if any of those guys opt to come to Iowa and do a crew battle (for money or the likes) against Jake, Joker and anyone else for that matter, you guys can enlist me. I'll be more than happy to take some of them out. Free of charge :-D ... Translation: Jake, if ya'll planning something like that let me know, cause I definitely got ya'll back.

Blank: What are you doing?!? LOL "Razor did complain about it. Also, Iowa woke up at 6AM, left at 7AM, and got there like 6-7 hours before pools. You don't know everything, easy to talk smack on the internet lol." It must be the end of the world. Blank getting involved in drama on the internet. It appears there is a real rivalry brewing.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Ill Bowser Ditto MM you next time we meet.
How much we dealin?
I will be inconspicuously absent from tournies until

- rich relative dies
- national holiday
- corporate bailout
- my birthday
- elected chairman of the board, collect $50 from each player
- some other event that gives me an excuse to leech money from people who have earned it

But from that point on, I will $1 Boozer ditto anyone

Edit: I am undeserving of the 90,000th post in this thread, so I won't double post

ace156

Smash Apprentice
hate to change the subject but does anyone have a good link for the homebrew channel hack? im trying to find it on my own and having problems, i did find a link but the instructions were really confusing for me, and when i searched the smashboards bookmark i had the link wasnt able to be found.

so anybody have a reliable and somewhat easy link i can follow to figure this thing out (also i just wanted to do alternate costumes and infinite replay hacks, if that makes a difference).

thanks

on topic, it looks like razor did an awesome job at the tourney, but it sounds like it sucked overall and didnt give people a chance to show their skill, hopefully the next circuit will be better.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
on topic, it looks like razor did an awesome job at the tourney, but it sounds like it sucked overall and didnt give people a chance to show their skill, hopefully the next circuit will be better.
Even if razor had done better people wouldn't had acknowledge it. When razor was playing Tapion he was gonna 3 stock him or something and the guy just quit. I could still hear people saying he wasn't any good. And joker apparently only utilts.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
wow, sounds like there was a lot of crazy shit happened up in WI. now i think that i made a decent decision not to to this MWC. hopefully i can go to the next MWC if there's room

sluys

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the disrespect you guys got and are getting.

if it makes you feel better, their reputation is gonna take a hit for how they are handling complaints.

the tourney board looks very childish right now.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
DANG i was reading what was going on but i was just to lazy/tired to type anything then(noon)but yea WI that was my first OoS and i didnt like it...it was way unbalanced and they total ignored cook which kinda made me mad b/c i was standing right there...but yea other then that the funnest thing about the tourny was the trip there and back in the car is what i think...lol:):)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
DANG i was reading what was going on but i was just to lazy/tired to type anything then(noon)but yea WI that was my first OoS and i didnt like it...it was way unbalanced and they total ignored cook which kinda made me mad b/c i was standing right there...but yea other then that the funnest thing about the tourny was the trip there and back in the car is what i think...lol:):)
Dude, we didn't win doubles because we didn't go Beijing 2008 until our last pools match. Not to mention that was also the only match we Cp'ed Hanenbow.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright, i just got done reading the madness in the FBT6 thread and everything was pretty opinionated imo. well whatever, its in the past now and on another note, how is this monthly lookin now since stealth raptor said that a few KC ppl r creepin to this.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Joker, I had my melee and mem card in your wii on friday, and I do not have it. I was curious if you had it. I have no beef with you. It is not even my melee or card, but someone's from my college. If you have it, I would like it back please. Thanks.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker, I had my melee and mem card in your wii on friday, and I do not have it. I was curious if you had it. I have no beef with you. It is not even my melee or card, but someone's from my college. If you have it, I would like it back please. Thanks.
nah I didn't take it, i dont play poopy games ;)

but seriously we also lost a controller. dumb organazier, weak turn out, wii breaking the day before leaving, and stolen controller. worst weekend in a while.

Zicore

Smash Champion
NP. I just know it was in your wii friday. Did you change it back to brawl, or did someone else?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Alright then IA, I am leaving Blanks home now. Thanks for the ride, it was fun hanging out with you guys. I have family over here so I may drop by on holidays to smash some bros. Its been real.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Alright then IA, I am leaving Blanks home now. Thanks for the ride, it was fun hanging out with you guys. I have family over here so I may drop by on holidays to smash some bros. Its been real.
Haha Texas... Funny stuff Bone... You get that Diddy sig done for me yet? ;)

Sekku (PortCity) is completely right...
Razor never complains about anything... He totally went off on this one Lol

Wisconsin must be pretty bad. They should respect the people from OoS a bit more..

-BC-

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
NP. I just know it was in your wii friday. Did you change it back to brawl, or did someone else?
Was it the wii with a messed up front cover? I packed mine up and Brawl was already on it, there was a suitcase next to it and stuff. I always had Brawl on it unless someone changed it for Melee.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I might have to redact my previous statement a tad. It sounds like only one group of people got screwed over (Iowans) and no one else. If that is the case, you have to ask yourself was it on purpose or by accident. I'm trying to form ill intent or malice, but I just don't see it from the WI guys posts. Seems that this might be a big misunderstanding. As much as I like drama, it has to be legit drama. You know, the kinda stuff that says, "he ran up on me and dissed me to my face" not the "oh he stepped on my shoe" type of stuff. Alas, it was fun dreaming of a huge IA vs WI rivalry :)

Uli

Smash Champion
XD Bone is to funny

also that tourny sounds like CRUUUSSTTT.
you guys no why the tourny was bad right?
Because melee was originally going to be there but they took it out HA HA!
seriously...

Nicole

Smash Champion
nah I didn't take it, i dont play poopy games ;)

but seriously we also lost a controller. dumb organazier, weak turn out, wii breaking the day before leaving, and stolen controller. worst weekend in a while.
WORST WEEKEND?!?! But you got to hang out with MO!! :bee:

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
my favorite parts of wisconsin:

1. joker making machine gun norm through his controller across the room.
2. that bone guy who came all the way from texas.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
So i have some advice for everyone, if you want to be good at smash and stay good, do not stop playing for 10 days, cause it makes you horrible. Even the little i had going for me is now lost and am not sure if it will be picked up by the time Jokers roles around. Prolly on of the most frusterating things i have done.

Uli

Smash Champion
anyone get the custom skins for brawl
im playing ike is he is motha fuuuuccking SQUALL LEONHART
id go gay for him :3
not really
but seriously
this is too cool
i love brawl again

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I dooo Uli. I have that same skin too xD.

Also I sure hope that Blink dude doesn't show up next circuit event, I heard his Kirby is beast. Would mess us all up badd I bet.

Uli

Smash Champion
Blink?!
assume you XD

im in love with squall though, best char ever

also idk if NE is going to make it to jokers because of melee circuit event :O

Uli

Smash Champion
melee, its worth it :3
unlike WI brawl tournys amirite LOLOLOLOL
jk jk idk wut im talking about but it seriously sounds bad saddly :\

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
So, Wisconsin is blackballed from being friendly to. We are allowed to like Grimace, Fatboy, and the guy pretending to be Kirk. Luckily, they don't travel and we won't need to see them again.

Bonehimer, you are my favorite person. Every sentence out of you is genius.
Razor, you heard Wisconsin, don't complain until you place top 8. Noob best stop *****ing about not making it out of pools.

Top Bottom