• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok fine, but if i get in a death pool im not using ganon lol, however, i WILL **** any and all marths who wish to take on my gantrain!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
freakin nintendo wii and ur self destruction programming, well lets just hope that joker wins some money so u guys can have a wii again. how did it break cause i didnt really get how it happened? i didnt want all my wii downloading to go to waste cause i put a lot of effort to get those wii games finished for u guys

sluys

Smash Journeyman
teams update :dedede:

Lain+Rofa showed up out of nowhere but got knocked out by Grimace+Fatboy and Hunger+Tapion for 5th. Fatboy+Grimace just beat Jahordon+Kit 3-0 to win the winner's bracket. Joker+Razor sent Tapion+Hunger to losers, but just got knocked out of Loser's themselves by Scythe+Quik. Now Scythie+Quik are playing Tapion+Hunger for a spot in loser's finals.

edit:

for singles Joker, Bone, CBK and Razor made it out of pools.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
this is spikes :dedede: here are some results

Singles (of 59)
1. Lain $475 + $200
2. Quik $240
3. Ook $80
4. Tapion $15
5. Razor
5. Hunger
7. Rofa
7. Grimace

Teams (of 21)
1. Death to Sakurai (Tapion + Hunger) $225
2. Pok Bros. On A Boat (Fatboy + Grimace) $110
3. Team Real Team (Jordan + Kit) $36
4. Deep Dish Luwario (Scythe + Quik) $12
5. Why So Serious (Joker + Razor)
5. Make It Rain (Lain + Rofa)
7. Team We Ain't Datin' Aint Nuttin' To **** Wit' (Nicole + asc583)
7. Suckin On My ******* Like You Wantin' Me Callin' Me All The Time Like Blondie Check Out My Chrissie Behind It's Fine All Of The Time (cosmo + sago)
wow good work Razor for representin at singles getting 5th and for getting 5th in teams also with teh joker.

also to what Andy posted ^, what happen there Blank? u didnt make it out of pools?

PortCity

Smash Ace
0_o <- That is all I can say about the results. I am gonna keep my mouth shut cause I would be a hater if I spoke on those results. All I can say is "ummm how on EARTH did that happen!"

gantrain05

Smash Master
the tourney itself was actually pretty gay, there was like pools made up entirely of scrubs, and then me and blank were in the same pool with jordan, hunger, scythe, and ninja?? i can't remember his name but he was a really good DDD, so basically what me and blank witnessed was wisconsin sandbagging against scythe so that he would get into brackets instead of me and blank =/

also, blank ***** Lain cuz he's too good, and as always joker was the best snake around, and mah boi razor was cleanin up, just destroying all those other metas, and i believe he even 2 stocked rofa. there was some crazy **** goin on.

Cook

Smash Master
The pools were really ********; Blank didn't even make it out of his, while I didn't lose a single game in mine, so that shows how unbalanced they were. The most ******** part though was that they eliminated half the people from pools so they could cut it down to a 32 man bracket when they could have just used a 64 man bracket and used pools to determine seeding only. It's ******** to eliminate half the people when a lot of folks drove a lot of hours to get there and they had planned on doing a 64 person bracket to begin with. I was pretty disappointed with that and some other aspects of this tournament...

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yea OMG the pools were soo gay for blank and jlo....but my pool was probably the easiest i would say out of everyone b/c the only competition and lost too in my pool was cook(asc853) i really wanted to have all iowans make it out of pools too...=(...but yea and i did 2 pika dittos and ***** both(i 3 stocked one.^_^)the only pika now that i really want to face is anther but i dont think im ready for him just yet..^_^

oh yea and doubles was uber gay blank and i just got ***** in our pools...-_- so bs

ALL together i would say the tourny was pretty bad but i did learn alot of new things and i got further then expected for myself

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yes i am. im the only pika main here (a couple mess with him). its lonely down here being the only pika lol all i have is online to play other pikas.
same here im pretty much the only main that goes to the tournys..but i also dont have a wii or brawl so i cant play others online..>_<

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
that sucks. i would recomend going to the pika boards and reading stuff. we arent the most active but we have a new guide up, made by various skilled pikas, which can help pikas of any skill level.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
This is what I just posted in the FBT6 thread. Please add anything I missed.

So, way too much is going to remain unsaid unless I go ahead and do it for everyone who won't say the things that need to be said.

I think this tournament was run terribly. Some of the organization was complete and utter bs. First of all when we had enough people to run a 64 man bracket why would we not do that? Fine still do pools but do that for seeding purposes. I think people didn't realize the fact that some people drove anywhere from 6-9 hours to come to this for them to get screwed in pools and not make the brackets.

Pools were ridiculous. Of the seven Iowans four got put in pools with other Iowans. But wait wasn't there seven pools? Why the f*ck weren't the Iowans spread out between pools? Ok lets move onto team pools of the three Iowa teams two were put in one pool, when I went to ask to get that switched after they had already moved around other Wisconsin teams I was ignored and basically told to deal with it.

The brackets were even worse in my opinion. Jordan, Kit, and Cook(asc) made the brackets. Jordan played cook first round and the winner played Kit. Come on. They even asked to get it switched and were ignored. I played one of the four Iowans who moved on in my second round. But yet the brackets get switched for Hunger and Tapion and some others that I can't remember right now.

I met some cool people at this tournament but I also met a lot of elitist pricks. I'll remember this about Wisconsin. That's what is awesome about places like Iowa and Missouri and even Minnesota. Everyone from those places are nice people, that don't talk **** during matches, look down on people they may not have "heard" of, or throw **** when they lose. Sure some of us may be sarcastic but we aren't *******s like quite a few of the people I met at this tournament.

I'm so glad that Asc is running the next midwest circuit because that means it won't be run so god awful. I'm sure most of the Wisconsin people won't bother to come despite the fact that we went there but I don't really care. I wasn't really that impressed by what I saw from the Wisconsin people, No Koast had so much more talent it is ridiculous. Unless things are going to be different next time count me and probably all of Iowa out for future events in Wisconsin.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
DOUBLE POST!

Stealth that is awesome you guys are coming up. It should be a good tournament. I look forward to playing you guys since I didn't get to go to No Koast.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Don't forget the fact that we had a small doubles bracket so we decided to eliminate MORE people with doubles pools. More people might've come back for doubles if it was a 64 man bracket and maybe sign-ups were separate, i don't know but if we have time to waste for doubles pools I'm sure we had time for a 64-man bracket.

Also why make it a circuit event if its not going to be seeded based on circuit points? Sorting by region was also an issue when it really didn't have to be. Just plug in the regions to TIO and it does it for you.

I'm looking forward to next monthly, glad to see some more OOS'ers coming.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I kind of would like to go to this, but I gotta save the cash to make the long-*** haul to WHOBO the following weekend. Uhg. Don't worry I'll see you guys in Kahoka though. As for Circuit Points you are supposed to seed based on them at every event. The seeding was incorrect because I was unfortunately unable to oversee it in person like I wanted to. The usual way things are done is if you have a large event, people with circuit points are automatically in the bracket and those without have to go through a pool process to get in and then play the top ranked circuit players round one. At a smaller event like FBT6, someone like KY would have gotten a preferred seed while someone like MachinegunNorm would have gotten a tougher seed. I wouldn't have ran pools for elimination purposes, personally. I would have used them to seed everyone else.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
seeding based off of circuit points is reserved for the championship i believe. thats how the first circuit did it.
Aye I see, but I thought I heard Inferno saying he was going to help seeding with this. Either way my pool sucked. Practically a death pool for me and some other shenanigans I don't want to mention kept me out of brackets.

Hell I don't mean to john, but I wasn't the only one who thought I deserved a spot in brackets. D=

Top Bottom