• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
ok so sf4 is a bad game, want to here my reasoning?

i've unlocked everyone but gouken and seth(idc about seth at all he's a dousche)
you have to get 2 perfects, and 3 ultra finishes in order to unlock him and you cannot lose, well i did my 2 perfects on the first two people and suck at doin ultras so i get to the last 3 chars and perfrom ultra finishes on bison, sagat, and seth (i'm playing as ryu).

APPARENTLY Ryu i guess you can't use because he must be akuma's rival? and regardless you will face akuma with ryu so you can't unlock gouken.

Basically, sf4 is a bad game bcuz i can't do ultras and because the game cheated me out of doin a very frustrating thing that took me 15 of MY time to complete, then screwed me over.

The End.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Considering that you can unlock most of the characters simply by kicking, I think that having two characters have at least semi difficult methods for unlocking is okay. :laugh:

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Lame, i work on the grand opening day at Best Buy which is on the 28th... So i wont be able to make this tourny :ohwell:

Till next time, maybe ill start playin a lil more smash again lol..

-BC-
eewwww work, i need to find myself a job also so i can go to AX with CBK in the summer.

don't know were CBK lives, so yeah.
im pretty sure that CBK lives at 105 35th street. something like that

Explosion johns.
im pretty sure that an Explosion john would be pretty legit of a john to not go to a tourney

Iowa plays too many mind games. :laugh: Sorry about that.
naw mang, iowa needs to learn more mind games

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
SH*T i missed out on alot...dayumm so whats going down???..am i going to no koast with you guys???...and wtf i dont even know if i could go now cuz i stayed home today but ill still ask...and yes kudo your right i do live at taht address hahah...ummm is everyone going to jokers tonight?...FILL ME IN....lol i tried reading the other post but i just got confused.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Go to Jokers if you're still coming. We plan to leave at around 4. I don't know if Joker can pick you up or not, but thats basically my plan at least. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
WHAT yea i dont think ill be able to make it like i wont have a ride there untill after 4 and i dont have money right now..so yea...you guys are leaving today?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah, and maybe we can mapquest your house and pick you up? I'll talk to him when I get there, but it'd sure be cool if you came lol.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
ok so sf4 is a bad game, want to here my reasoning?

Basically, sf4 is a bad game bcuz i can't do ultras and because the game cheated me out of doin a very frustrating thing that took me 15 of MY time to complete, then screwed me over.

The End.
Just do what everyone did, set the matches to 1, difficulty to easiest, now play someone with projectiles, Ryu works, spam Hadoukens, to get perfects, make sure you only get two perfects, and 3 Ultra Finishers, cause otherwise you won't fight them, and don't lose to them otherwise you have to do the whole thing again.

eewwww work, i need to find myself a job also so i can go to AX with CBK in the summer.
Kudou if I ever go to an anime convention, I'll go as Harima Kenji, since I don't have to buy the beard.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and maybe we can mapquest your house and pick you up? I'll talk to him when I get there, but it'd sure be cool if you came lol.
that would be awesome if you guys picked me up but then i still have money issues...>_< so idk b/c my parents arnt home yet..so i still have to ask

Uli

Smash Champion
LOL at jbm
i got to gouken and perfect him and i didnt unlock him for some dumbaassss reason, *****
so i had to redo it, i did 3 perfects and 3 ultras bc that 2 and 3 didnt do shiiit for me

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so im guessing that its Elfin, Joker, Blank, and Jlo that went to NO KOAST huh. well no matter, some1 just better win some money and represent to those KS kids that iowa is no puch over. (^o^)

§chizm

Smash Lord
So yeah I finally got SF4 tonight and got all the chars unlocked in about an hour or so. I unlocked Gouken with Abel and had no trouble doing ultras on crusty 360 sticks so I dunno what people are talking about.
Gouken and Rose are pretty awesome though...

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so, how is everybody that didnt go to NO KOAST doin? r ppl ready to do some serious action next week at JMT? lol im just postin randomness since all i've been doin today is watchin tons loads of anime. (^o^)

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I believe joker said 5 bucks but we should figure out how many people would even be interested in entering.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
JBM u are stilling doing brawl at this tourney correct?

Inferno what are results to No Koast? How has Iowa done?

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hmm seems like we got smoked in 1 on 1. "2: Dr. Mario Guy - Wario/Diddy" Did anyone play his diddy? How does it compare to everyone's friendly neighboorhood diddy player PortCity? Anyway, looking at joker and Blank's placing, gives me a little baseline as to how Andy and I would have done. We have without a doubt held our own against team real team in the past, so i guess we would have done alright had we ventured out. None the less, keep practicing guys...ya'll will beat them next time...

PortCity

Smash Ace
Wife has to agree...when we are getting along it is hard to leave her side :)...but i will see

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i was just lookin at the results for no koast, and i thought that u guys would of done better than what i saw :(. well thats to be expected since i wasnt there (^o^) im the lucky charm that gives ppl high places in OoS tourneys lol. on a serious note, how was playin the KS ppl like?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
that would be awwwwwwesome (^o^). i would be like "awwwww sweet" cause Harima is the man
Harima is the man, he was like the best char in School Rumble, plus I think his cosplay will be easy XD

also we are doin a sf4 tourney right? if so is it 5 dollars or 1?
I believe joker said 5 bucks but we should figure out how many people would even be interested in entering.
Yeah it will be $5, also if we do have a tourney, it will be like 4 of them, so Brawl, Melee, SF4, and TvC, since some ppl wanted both of them, point being, if we do, all 4, then the set ups will be, 1/Melee, 1/SF4, and 1/TvC, since there's a bigger crowed coming for Brawl this time around, some of them are coming for Melee too. However, we may just do 2/Melee, and the 1/SF4, cause SF4 matches are like 5mins or so, and no TvC, but that's the plan I was thinking.

Street Figher 4 is garb.
I kinda prefer, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, cause is a fast pace game, but once King of Fighters 12 comes out, I'll be playing that one, by myself T.T

Hmm. after playing some of you Iowans (who are asleep in my basement), I have to say you're pretty cool guys and not too bad. :p
I told you we were a friendly bunch, and thanks for housing us, it was a fun tourney, hopefully we can make it to another one with more people.

i'll be back in ames in a few hours.

edit: i'll see if i can swing by jokers on my way through des moines.
Is done games ;3

i was just lookin at the results for no koast, and i thought that u guys would of done better than what i saw :(. well thats to be expected since i wasnt there (^o^) im the lucky charm that gives ppl high places in OoS tourneys lol. on a serious note, how was playin the KS ppl like?
Well we did pools first, each with 10 ppl and only the top 5 made it, so it was all good people from there, but it was still a fun tourney, it was all about the experience XP

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
I saw the results..nice try guys DANG i wish i couldve came...>_< i wouldve knocked out some people and made the ranks higher...lol j/k...but yea it must of been awesome...^_^

Top Bottom