• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Harima is the man, he was like the best char in School Rumble, plus I think his cosplay will be easy XD

I kinda prefer, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, cause is a fast pace game, but once King of Fighters 12 comes out, I'll be playing that one, by myself T.T

Well we did pools first, each with 10 ppl and only the top 5 made it, so it was all good people from there, but it was still a fun tourney, it was all about the experience XP
of course Harima is too good of a char. u really should cosplay as him at a anime convention, that would be epic. im just gonna look like a normal stereotype asian when i go to AX. (^o^)

i saw that KoF 12 was comming out by ARC, and KoF 2002 Unlimited Match was comming out in a few days

well its good to know that Joker, Blank, and Jlo made it out of pools. take that other half of the ppl that didnt make it out (^o^)

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
Episode 19 of Toradora gave me chills.
Its my favorite episode so far.
Now I gotta wait for episode 25 before I start watching Toradora again because that's how I roll.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You guys did better at No Koast than I thought.
Good job.
D'aw that means a lot. But yeah I really felt we could have done better this tourney. Next time though.

The car ride was the best part. Razor my mom seems to be okay with letting me get some practice at Joker's so long as I get my homework done first. =x

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Blank I don't think I'm gonna go up today because I have quite a bit of homework to get done. But I will keep you posted on the rest of the week.

I have decided right now I am going to the next circuit event. It is March 20-21 in Oshkosh WI. It is a 6 hour drive. But I am going to go so whoever else is interested let me know so we can get this organized early, as their schedule is a little different. It looks like their pools start in the afternoon on Friday. This would mean that we would have to leave a lot earlier than all of you left for Wichita. It looks like team pools start at 5 and singles pools start at 7. So I think we really need to leave around 10-11. I'm hoping this coincides with spring break for people like blank. Let me know.

Edit: I just checked and that is my spring break week. This is perfect. We should actually leave Thursday night.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
joker blank jlo congrats, but i know you all can do better, don't sell yourself short if you think you did well then your mistaken.

i know you guys are better than that.

i haven't played brawl in awhile but i will be entering singles.

dammit i swear if i get knocked out 0-2 i will say "brawl was not meant to be competitive" lol.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
What day are all of you Western Iowans / Nebraskans coming up for the tourney JBM? If you came up friday like usual we could do SF4 and TvC then?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i believe we are coming up saturday for the tourney, we'd like to spend the night and play games with everyone so i figured stay over saturday that way after the tourney we will have time for crews and such if people are interested.

getting my sticks for sf4 tommorow hopefully, its gonna be ****.

btw seth is banned at this tourney, i will not compete with anyone who uses him lol.

also sagat is rigged.

love, are you ok with us staying over on saturday?

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Razor, i have to tweek my schedule for the WI tourny, but if i can do that i will go. I think that i should know by this weekend.

Joker, me and Zash are coming up on friday, just double checking that its ok.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
i believe we are coming up saturday for the tourney, we'd like to spend the night and play games with everyone so i figured stay over saturday that way after the tourney we will have time for crews and such if people are interested.

getting my sticks for sf4 tommorow hopefully, its gonna be ****.

btw seth is banned at this tourney, i will not compete with anyone who uses him lol.

also sagat is rigged.

love, are you ok with us staying over on saturday?
Yea, That's fine. I'll tell my parents you guys are coming on Saturday instead of Friday. My mom can cook something if you guys want.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
hmmm, we shall see i know i want to go out to eat for sure but a 2nd meal from ur mother would be delicious.

GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY FIRST SF4 TOURNEY!

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
cant wait for the tourny guys gunna be sweet...^_^ blank idk if ill have enough money for melee but brawl is a go for sure..^_^...and razor i think im interested in going cuz i want to go and get experience out of state..^_^

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
You guys did better at No Koast than I thought.
Good job.
joker blank jlo congrats, but i know you all can do better, don't sell yourself short if you think you did well then your mistaken.

i know you guys are better than that.

i haven't played brawl in awhile but i will be entering singles.

dammit i swear if i get knocked out 0-2 i will say "brawl was not meant to be competitive" lol.
Thanks guys, we did good, but yeah we could have done much better, and JBM getting 0-2, that can't happen, not even on Brawl XP, also does anyone know the rules for like SF4 and stuff, and when should we have the tourney for it, while Melee/Brawl is going?

Razor, i have to tweek my schedule for the WI tourny, but if i can do that i will go. I think that i should know by this weekend.

Joker, me and Zash are coming up on friday, just double checking that its ok.
I was just going to ask that, but yeah is Kool mang.

And Razor, you know I'm game for the next Circuit, we just need to find housing somewhere there, oh hey Blank give me the link for registering for Genesis.

gantrain05

Smash Master
NO KOAST was fun, im not really too mad i got knocked out so early, it actually gave me faith in the lower tier chars gettin beat by pkm trainer and link, i got alot of valuable experience that i'll take with me to jokers next monthly and to the next midwest event

also, i'll be maining fox from now on and will be using alot more DK, but if you really make me mad im pulling out peach again =P

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Good to know Razor. I have a bunch of homework today also but just tell me any day you're up for it. Also I have spring break the week before FBT6 too so I'm set for that.

Genesis Pre-reg is here Joker: http://www.norcalsmash.com/register/

And after that theres a link so you can also register for the forums and get info on the smashbus.

CBK we need to place in doubles to win you some money, how you expect to go OOS? @_@

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Kit you son of a *****.....

I'm just kidding because I couldn't make the last two weekend tourneys because of work.... That does suck though.

I think I will be able to take the van again to Oshkosh.

I'm in for the SF4 tourney.

Blank I am most likely going to go to Jokers tomorrow. From like 3:30-5:00 or 5:15.

Also what about the Science Center for Iowa's midwest circuit event? I know they have had halo, madden, and guitar hero tourneys there before?

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
CBK we need to place in doubles to win you some money, how you expect to go OOS? @_@
yea dude def...^_^
you and CBK might place in doubles if you guys get past me and luger =P
WHATS THIS...a challenge...lol jlo it might be easier if your maining fox...^_^..lo j/k
Blank I am most likely going to go to Jokers tomorrow. From like 3:30-5:00 or 5:15.
if it wouldnt be a bother could you pick me up too?

OR....kudo are you up for some games tomorrow or are you busy?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well i dont get home till like 5:30 every weekday now cause i have track practive now, so it depends on stuff and things. it mainly depends if u still want to go at like 6:00 or so cause i have to eat and shower and stuff.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
oh ummm probably not...so razor pick me up??...;);)...but yea kudo man im sooo excited for the AX now cuz i cant wait to see Morning Musume...GOSH soo hot...>_<

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Tony I could pick you up I suppose but I wouldn't be able to take you home. The reason I offered blank both ways is because he is literally right there. I have to leave at like 5:15 and if I took you home as well we would get there at like 3:45 and have to leave by about 4:50. So it really wouldn't be worth it. If you can arrange a ride home I could pick you up. So if Kudou was coming later and could take you home that would be ideal.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
Tony I could pick you up I suppose but I wouldn't be able to take you home. The reason I offered blank both ways is because he is literally right there. I have to leave at like 5:15 and if I took you home as well we would get there at like 3:45 and have to leave by about 4:50. So it really wouldn't be worth it. If you can arrange a ride home I could pick you up. So if Kudou was coming later and could take you home that would be ideal.
OH that would be a good idea??..kudo? you up for that?....but yea i get home aroudn 3 so pick me up anytime after that

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hm what time would you be here Razor? Because I don't get home until 3:30, sometimes a little later.

Hey maybe Kudou can drop me off too haha. =D

Yeh anyways just giving you a heads up so you aren't waiting on me.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
So how many people here want to ride the smashbus? I saw on the registration page for it that Blank and Uli wanted to go. Is anybody else planning on it? I said that I wanted a couple spots just in case. It would be epic guys.....you all know it would be.

EDIT: Hey my sig showed up, lol.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well I just told Joker that the bus was pretty much a moving venue and that perked his interest. You guys know theres going to be smash on the SMASHbus right?...

Either way its definitely the way I want to go and I hope enough people gain interest so the cost isn't that much. As of now I don't think many people have went and checked the Genesis boards though haha. But hopefully it'll pick up as the tourney rolls around.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I would enter Brawl this tourney but I don't have ten dollars I'm willing to waste...

You'll have to fear the Weegee some other time

Top Bottom