• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
guyz how do i grab combo heavyweights who di away
like ganon for example
if they don't di i can do almost anything I want (dtilt, ftilt, dsmash, fsmash, etc...)
but if they di away the ftilt won't reach and they can tech before my dash attack comes out

Corigames

Smash Hero
Standing missile. When they get up they will either get hit or put up their shield. So throw them, do a missile, and then run in for a grab.

BTW, can anyone think of something for me to add to this thread aside from completing those stupid char matchups?

'Fro

Smash Lord
Standing missile. When they get up they will either get hit or put up their shield. So throw them, do a missile, and then run in for a grab.

BTW, can anyone think of something for me to add to this thread aside from completing those stupid char matchups?
Maybe some images of hitboxes? That should help people with their spacing. Unless there's some hitbox collection somwhere around Smashboards...

That's all I can think of apart from stage counter-picks, seeing as that pertains to who you're fighting.

Geist

Smash Master

I'd say add pictures, but I'm not at all original.
Put more fancy things you can do with Samus.

Maybe some images of hitboxes? That should help people with their spacing. Unless there's some hitbox collection somwhere around Smashboards...

That's all I can think of apart from stage counter-picks, seeing as that pertains to who you're fighting.
lol I was going to buy a capture card and capture moving gifs of ever single hitbox in the game along with frame data.
I don't have a capture card.
And I need to borrow someone's action replay. Mine's bricked.
Can someone get a bus to vegas plzktnx.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Uh... pictures of Samus' hit boxes?

Hmmm... I'll try to find it and work on it, but that seems like a tall order. AIDS should help me on this one please :)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i can post vids of the hit boxes on youtube. i have action replay to see the hit boxes and i have recording equipment... maybe i can learn to play samus in the process LMAO. so i can have a reason to post here.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i can post vids of the hit boxes on youtube. i have action replay to see the hit boxes and i have recording equipment... maybe i can learn to play samus in the process LMAO. so i can have a reason to post here.
that would b good =]

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i honestly don't know samus though.
when i play i samus, i just WD back to ftilt/fsmash/dtilt,
i do a lot of dthrow nair or dthrow uair to nair if they don't DI,
and i spam missiles (poorly) and fairs a lot.

actually this is making me wanna play as samus LMAO

if enough people request it, maybe i'll get around to doing it.
i'm not a flake either, so let me know what moves you wanna see the hit boxes of.

edit: aim = LumpyCPUman

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you would be so kind, that would be lovely. Could you just do every move she has and record it? (not in that order)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow. interesting. i'm gonna have to get into this video before i forget to do it lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
man... i was at my house today and forgot to grab my action replay.

which means it'll be another 2 or 3 days before i can make a video of all the hit boxes.
sorry...

AIDS

Smash Lord
When it is done, let me know and I will add it to the Thread.
Just to make it easyer, I will list all the move since the odd ones sometimes are ignored, and do them beside an edge on FD so we can see if the hit box reaches under the edge and by how much.

Jabs (one and two)
F-tilt (High normal and low)
Down tilt
Up Tilt
F-smash (High normal and low)
Down smash
Upsmash
jump cancled grab
non jump cancled grab
standing grab
Extender jump cancled (standerd and tracking)
extender not jump cancled (standerd and tracking)
Standing extender (standerd and tracking)
grappleing edge
rising grappleing edge
Nair
Up Air
Bair
Fair
Dair

Corigames

Smash Hero
Why would you need the hitbox on the rising grapple 1, and 2, I'm not sure if the person behind that account is able/willing to do that, and lastly... why?

AIDS

Smash Lord
This way you can be able to see perhaps the hit box stays in place as you hit the wall, or dis-apears etc.
Little helpful hints

Watty

Smash Lord
This way you can be able to see perhaps the hit box stays in place as you hit the wall, or dis-apears etc.
Little helpful hints
u guys are over analyzing its good to know the hit boxes of moves, but rising grapple wouldnt really help unless u where doing a trivia game.

there are tons of ways to play samus she is has tons of tricks to use on opponents but if ppl really wanna get good with her i suggest learning how to use her moves to apply shield pressure, spacing, and defensive tactics. thats the only way to compete at a high lvl with her.

it would be good to mix in SOME of samus tricks every once in a while cause some of them are helpful but for the most part id focus more on the i guess boring stuff as some ppl call it. btw it is kinda boring to watch but when doing things like shield pressure and such fun as hell cause its frustrating ur opponent and that makes me laugh:chuckle:

Alukard

Smash Hero
u guys are over analyzing its good to know the hit boxes of moves, but rising grapple wouldnt really help unless u where doing a trivia game.

there are tons of ways to play samus she is has tons of tricks to use on opponents but if ppl really wanna get good with her i suggest learning how to use her moves to apply shield pressure, spacing, and defensive tactics. thats the only way to compete at a high lvl with her.

it would be good to mix in SOME of samus tricks every once in a while cause some of them are helpful but for the most part id focus more on the i guess boring stuff as some ppl call it. btw it is kinda boring to watch but when doing things like shield pressure and such fun as hell cause its frustrating ur opponent and that makes me laugh:chuckle:
or breaking a shield with samus ... now thats pressure ... guaranteed smile on the samus players face when it happens ... cuz u can like dair to charge shot ... or missle cancel sharge shot or my fav dair ... to dair ... tech chase charge shot ... mmm tasty =D

Alukard

Smash Hero
I'd love to kill them with an U-smash.

That would be dirty :3

I've already gotten a swd > jab kill of the side somehow. Probably bad DI :D
u need them to b completely horrible at melee or ... b bowser or dk at a ridiculous % lololol

duals

Smash Journeyman
but if ppl really wanna get good with her i suggest learning how to use her moves to apply shield pressure, spacing, and defensive tactics.
ugh... this is what I'm lacking.... i do play defensive, but its very....... not the way you describe it..... idk if that's bad....

Geist

Smash Master
My Samus is the odd offensive one. I have a defensive game, but it consists mainly of "read and react", and doesn't really have a solid strategy other than: run away to missile pressure and watching out for marth's fair and grabs.

I'm kinda stuck in my game development-wise, on account that I have no one to play with.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Is jabbing their shield as fast as HugS considered shield pressure? Im trying to get it down as fast as HugS, it seems impossible though.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yooo corey u have more posts then there is population there lmfaooo

**** I HAV EMORE POSTS THEN POPULATION THERE LMFAO

Alukard

Smash Hero
That's... not an exact figure... you know >_>
i kno i'm just messing wit u ... also jab cancelling is easy as cake seriously ... i learned that like day 1 ... just press down right after u jab ... mayb 15 minutes of practice and u got it ...

i learned it with like two games of samus ... its really not hard bro ... ur making it seem like its more then it is

Top Bottom