• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

Corigames

Smash Hero
If I only knew what a peniis was. I might care and would wonder why you posted that and why you are getting reported for spam.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Funny, because that's the advice that Hugs gave me over an AIM last week when questioning him about the match up.

So you are now disagreeing with Hugs who, I think, you would agree knows better than you.

Shut the **** up, get out of these boards, and stop taking quick cheap jabs at my integrity. It is just going to make you look more and more like an idiot.
raaaaaaaaaaape

humm. ok, I personally think getting grabbed is worse, but hugs probably knows better, he's so good against falcon ^^
IMO it depends on the %. I'd rather be knee'd at low % cause I'd rather not get grab combo'd from 0% by Falcon. Buuuuuut at any remotely high % a knee is definately gonna send you flying. If you get grabbed at least you have a chance of avoiding the throw to knee combo. :p

Tyser

Smash Champion
Who are these Samus scrubs coming in here causing a ruckus? Get out with your false information. coreygames is my nigga, you dont fuck with mah niggas, bitch.

Geist

Smash Master
Well if you're facing SS, if you get knee'd he combos into a grab, and if you get grabbed you're probably getting knee'd after.
One thing I want to know for sure, but never was inclined to ask if I was doing it properly: Falcon Uair combos - DI away, or up? This is at percentages where uairs devastate the most, around 30-70%

Also: Samus drama is the best kind of drama.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think it really depends on what you've found in the match. The obvious reasons for doing whatever are
DI up:
You may break the combo, but you are still over Falcon which means just another U air is coming.

DI out:
You may get outside of the combo and can tech before he can catch up, but Falcon is fast and could still hit you if he predicts your DI.

So I say go up. If you go up, you can break the combo and have a chance of touching the ground again. If you try to DI away, you will probably just get comboed off the stage to death. It makes sense to me in this way. Then again, if you are good at it, smash DI down and tech the ground. That's fun.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If I only knew what a peniis was. I might care and would wonder why you posted that and why you are getting reported for spam.
Your just adding to the lulz.. good lucking finding it =]

And if you didn't care you wouldn't have reported it me officer corerygames.

Corigames

Smash Hero
And if you didn't care you wouldn't have reported it me officer corerygames.
1. You don't have to care about spam to report it. I don't want this thread to be plagued with random insults, stupid conversations, and salted with off topic discussion.

2. I'm trying to become a moderator. How can I do that and then turn around and allow spam to riddle our thread? I don't have a double standard.

3. What did you even plan on doing with that post? Back up your good buddy over there? Try to make me feel bad with an half ***** insult over the internet?

Do you not think I know what a troll is? I'm not going to caps lock yell at you. I'm not going to find a picture and try to make a witty remark. I'm just going to report you, tell you I'm reporting you, and ask you why you did it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Eh.... just because i poked my head in here and I saw somebody ask it.

SDM's Frame Data said:
Samus's Jab
Punch

Total: 17
Hit: 3-4

Hit lag: 3
Shield stun: 6
Advantage: -11
Swing advantage: -6

Window of the swing: 3-25
Swing starts: 12

Falcon's Grab
Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8
So the answer to that would be, yes, your jab comes out faster than his grab. (I think every grab is atleast 7 frames, i could be wrong)

rhan

Smash Hero
Wow this turn into a flame thread.... ._.

Well anyway. My opinion against a Falcon:

If he throws up It's gonna be easier to get away from the knee by jumping. If he decides to dwon throw insted Falcon could possibly connect a knee. I don't play many Falcon's with my Samus but that's usually what happens when I get grabbed.

To try to avoid the knee I nair spam. My theory is that the Nair can out prioritize the knee or the hits colide. Either way it's better then getting knee'd to another knee across the stage.

With shielding it's ALWAYS helpful. Up B out of shield close to the edge then drift towards the edge to grab it. Then afterwards edge hop fair and restart the process with an up B after the fair. It helps rack easy dammage until they catch on.

For some reason I'm very afriad to grab around a Falcon cause if it misses I'm wide open for knees to the face. So I try not to grab against Falcon.

To edge gaurd him is kinda obvious for a Samus main so I won't go there. Utilt and edge hop basically.

Bombs really screw him up. Just lay bombs on platforms and in the air so when he tries to jump for a knee or any other aerial they get intercepted.

/rant

Geist

Smash Master
Eh.... just because i poked my head in here and I saw somebody ask it.

So the answer to that would be, yes, your jab comes out faster than his grab. (I think every grab is atleast 7 frames, i could be wrong)
:] shweet.
Link, Young Link, Samus, Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Ness and Zelda's grabs don't come out on the 7-8 frame btw.

EDIT: CURIOUS QUESTION
Who's going to Genesis here?
I might be going, but I'm not sure.

Corigames

Smash Hero
MM at Genesis, Corey?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141&page=91

I'm just going to put this out there first before I accept anything. I said that I was going to go to AZ12step a while back, but that didn't happen due to financial obligations and responsibilities. I'm not going to raise people's hopes to play me and then tear them away again. So I'm just going to put that out there first. Going to this will require a lot of effort on my part.

A lot.

Geist

Smash Master
My sheik is terrible. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Vs. Ganon I spend a good amount of time fleeing. Jiggly style.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Cunning Kitsune practices his Ganon on me every once in a while, so I'll chip in what I've experienced with him so far.

Your mental edge matter a LOT in this match up. Ganon's aerials overpower most of what Samus can do, so you need to space carefully and force misses. Your goal isn't to rack up damage, it's to get him off stage as quickly as possible. Once he's out there, missile away, then u-tilt/f-smash him when he's closer to the stage.

Your crouch cancel is nearly useless against Ganon because of the heavy knockback on his attacks. Up-b out of sheild is still useful, though. Ganon is also a huge target, so having a charge shot automatically opens up a lot of possibilities.

Also, carefully timed n-airs can stop him from taking to the air. However, don't try to outprioritize him in the air.

Keep Ganon guessing on your recovery. Fake him out. He won't chase you too far off the stage. However, if you bomb jump really close to the stage, you're asking for him to go out there and slam you off the screen.

I know I'm not the best at explaining things, so sorry if I was vague.

Alukard

Smash Hero
playing against ganon isn't all that bad ... i think its just the lack of fighting good ganons ... that makes it extremely difficult lol ... but all in all ... he is slo lol

Tyser

Smash Champion
That fist always tricks me out for some reason. I dont play against Ganons alot so I expect that fist to just happen quick like a knee, but it just charges up and hits me :'( and even when I dodge it I get jabbed in the dome.

Watty

Smash Lord
most ganons are easy but elite ganons Kage for example was one of the hardest matchups ive done. its about spamming for me calling there jump and just not making mistakes. Think of it like falcon u do a smash attack on a shield ur gonna get whacked.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How about against Falcon? Just to let you know i'm starting to pick up Samus, so I also want to know a good approach. :3 Thank you in advance.

Tyser

Smash Champion
What should I try against a campy Marth? If you dont know what I mean I can be more descriptive but I think you guys know what I mean. I hate them . . .

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry I can't answer any questions tonight.

I have obligations tomorrow that require my full attention tonight. I'll see what I can do after what I have to do tomorrow.

Alukard

Smash Hero
What should I try against a campy Marth? If you dont know what I mean I can be more descriptive but I think you guys know what I mean. I hate them . . .
well i like playing against campy marths
... usually missles grab them ... OMG and good usage for ftilt =]

i'm scared of aggro marths ... he can literally swing his sword in ur face ... with spacing and just ... **** ur face lol

'Fro

Smash Lord
well i like playing against campy marths
... usually missles grab them ... OMG and good usage for ftilt =]

i'm scared of aggro marths ... he can literally swing his sword in ur face ... with spacing and just ... **** ur face lol
Yeah, true. Cunning Kitsune practices his Marth on me, too, and basically, once he hits me into the air, it's an easy 60% at least. Not through a combo, but just be not letting me hit the ground and following me with aerials, due to his knowledge that I can't air-to-air with Marth.

Fighting campy Marths is actually easier. Marth is extremely dangerous on the offensive because Samus can't really stop him effectively. Campy Marths can be punished with missile set-ups, like Alukard said, and also if you jab-pressure his sheild from behind (NOT THE FRONT! His grab range is too good).

Corigames

Smash Hero
(NOT THE FRONT! His grab range is too good).
This is one of the reasons I hate playing against falcons. He grabs from behind so much. If you stand in front of him you get kneed if you go behind him you get grabbed.

It's pretty BS.

Kinda funny though.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I normally fight against aggressive Marth players but lately theyve been trying to play very defensive and its gay. I guess Ill just experiment with things and see how everything works out. Thanks for the tipsies holmes.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I normally fight against aggressive Marth players but lately theyve been trying to play very defensive and its gay. I guess Ill just experiment with things and see how everything works out. Thanks for the tipsies holmes.
marth and sheik **** samus lol .... no doubt lol

so yea goodluck

Geist

Smash Master
most ganons are easy but elite ganons Kage for example was one of the hardest matchups ive done. its about spamming for me calling there jump and just not making mistakes. Think of it like falcon u do a smash attack on a shield ur gonna get whacked.
I know, Kage's pressure is too good. did he do that gay jab/stomp pillar to you? I teched this wall and I basically got ***** for it.
I got a game off him in friendlies, but he was 2 stocking me in tourneys. :[

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have no clue. I haven't heard or seen him on SWF in a long time, but that doesn't necessarily mean he quit.

It would be nice to have a moderator on these boards though >_>

*cough cough*
mine is still pending
*cough*

Excuse me. Had a sore throat the past few days.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I hope you dont get moderator. I have no respect for anybody who has a Red name. Theyre all fags. No offense sort of, just my personal opinion.

Top Bottom