• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

Watty

Smash Lord
i did make a tourney thread long time ago. COK1 so the system fails

Geist

Smash Master
They say Smash director is a counter pick for fox.

For the sake of the thread -hypothetical help vs. silent spectre. What the hell do you do?

Corigames

Smash Hero

For the sake of the thread -hypothetical help vs. silent spectre. What the hell do you do?
-beep beeep beep boop boop beeb-
MS Sams Voice
Hello
Thank you for calling match up hotline
Please answer the followiung questions after the tone
*beep
Do you have a video?
Can you describe your issue?
How can we help you best?

Thank you for calling
Have a good day
Good bye
*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

No, seriously, can you help me out here. I don't know who you are talking about and what character they are.

Geist

Smash Master
No, seriously, can you help me out here. I don't know who you are talking about and what character they are.
>_> Silent Spectre?
He only plays captain Falcon.

I wonder if he's going to Genesis...

Anyways, if he is going, I need captain Falcon matchups. Not that it'll stop me from getting 12 stocked. I need to know what to do if I get grabbed by him besides just giving up and letting my stock blow up.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
We're helping Samus players get different color names :D
LOL smartass

LMAO too good
I need to know what to do if I get grabbed by him besides just giving up and letting my stock blow up.
actually he's only GUARANTEED to get the kill from a grab if you're a space animal.
lol cuz he reads you like picture book.

Geist

Smash Master
Random question:
Does Samus's jab come out faster than Falcon's grab? I'm curious, because I know it out ranges it, but if the hitbox hasn't come out it can still get grabbed. I know some of the best weapons ves falcon is nair and ftilt, unless I'm mistaken.

You can actually cancel the knee with a perfectly timed screw attack which will make both people get knocked away from each other in such a way that...

...you aren't even listening are you?
I said something cool about getting a crouch-canceled knee to reverse fsmash to kill on tape a couple days ago, basically this same quote/post/thread, hit the post button and came back a couple days later and it had an error... anyway.

now i come back and coreygames is getting his panties up in a bunch because people aren't talking about samus crtique or something, idk... (heh)

-taco

Smash Apprentice
I said something cool about getting a crouch-canceled knee to reverse fsmash to kill on tape a couple days ago, basically this same quote/post/thread, hit the post button and came back a couple days later and it had an error... anyway.

now i come back and coreygames is getting his panties up in a bunch because people aren't talking about samus crtique or something, idk... (heh)
Is he talking about Brawl again???

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I think something should be said when you have almost an entire page in a sticky thread that is just spam. I think we can do a bit better than that.

As for Falcon... I would suggest using your shield a lot. The only thing that can happen to you from a shield is getting grabbed, which is infinitely better than getting kneed in my opinion. Shield up and WD away because you still don't want to get grabbed.

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION!!!
Coreygames is right! Down throw to tech chase (using the EXTENDER) ***** fastfallers who are too dumb to not tech. Use it! Abuse it!

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you get grabbed by Falcon, wouldnt that just result in a Knee?
Not if you avoid it :chuckle:

If Falcon's coming at you from the air, just put up your shield. If he's coming at you from the ground... he's going to grab you. I don't think any falcon uses his dash attack on purpose and any other move he uses on the ground you are probably going to be able to punish.

VA

Smash Hero
If you get grabbed by Falcon, wouldnt that just result in a Knee?
Yup, or worse. Uair uair blah blah knee etc. Don't shield against falcon, make every effort not to get grabbed as falcons out of grab game is ridiculous even if you are a floaty bint.

What you should do is get at the right distance from falcon (fairly close) and he can't do much to you. You should be able to jab his shield, ftilt when he moves, up B if he tries something, or nair if you predict it well, all he can do it try to roll away and get ftilt in the face. Spacing well against a falcon is vital and in the right positions there is little he can do to touch you.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Not shielding against a Falcon is a death sentence . . . Are you one of those Samus players who are just straight up aggressive as poop? Because then I can maybe understand your logic.
I used to be retardedly aggressive then I learned how to calm down and its 100x better.

VA

Smash Hero
Um, I wasn't saying "do not shield", just don't run away and shield. I was writing out a good tactic against falcon, but because I don't write billions of posts and awful replies on here people think I'm some noob ^^

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm main samus ... and falcon and ... uhhh sheik ... and marth =]

have u herd of me ????

i'm in such a spammy mood today ... >_>

rhan

Smash Hero
Don't shield against falcon, make every effort not to get grabbed as falcons out of grab game is ridiculous even if you are a floaty bint.

What you should do is get at the right distance from falcon (fairly close) and he can't do much to you. You should be able to jab his shield, ftilt when he moves, up B if he tries something, or nair if you predict it well, all he can do it try to roll away and get ftilt in the face. Spacing well against a falcon is vital and in the right positions there is little he can do to touch you.
Um, I wasn't saying "do not shield", just don't run away and shield. I was writing out a good tactic against falcon, but because I don't write billions of posts and awful replies on here people think I'm some noob ^^
Say what?

I get where you're comming from but check how things are worded. It helps in the long run.

VA

Smash Hero
Oh man >_> Yeah I mained samus for a long time, I gave her up when I travelled America and Canada because I was getting ***** too much by Fox. You haven't heard of me because you aren't in Washington/England/Britih Columbia. It's really important to argue semantics of my posts instead of looking for the useful information >_>. Coreygaymes was suggesting shield falcon and get grabbed instead of knee, so I was responding by saying no don't just aimlessly shield, ok? Guess I have to make myself EXTRA clear.

VA

Smash Hero
Yup, or me. It's true, you sound like you've never even played a good Falcon tbh. Anyway, I thought I'd give the old advice thing a try. Looks as if people would rather listen to you though, do you even care whether you're giving good or bad advice?

Your basic advice is pretty good but you don't get specific, you say things like avoid getting grabbed instead of stay grounded, dash dance and space ftilts or w/e that's just a random example.

Edit: btw in Canada I played AIDS and I beat him pretty convincingly in Samus dittos

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I recall vanityangel's advice a while back in another thread about Samus vs CF and his advice really help me out XD
good to see you still pop up from time to time

VA

Smash Hero
thanks man ^^

you ever played against GAwes or Chaddd? Being that you're from Georgia an all

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I hate the CF matchup vs Falcons who are either really smart, or really used to playing me. You have to play so boring/safe. Approach with spaced ftilts, retreat with spaced ftilts, space some jabs, maybe get some dtilts in, never dsmash because you'll just get kneed/grabbed/uaired. All the risky moves that can pay off into really cool/effective/fun combos aren't worth it because Falcon can actually do something about it when you miss.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yup, or me.
Funny, because that's the advice that Hugs gave me over an AIM last week when questioning him about the match up.

So you are now disagreeing with Hugs who, I think, you would agree knows better than you.

Shut the **** up, get out of these boards, and stop taking quick cheap jabs at my integrity. It is just going to make you look more and more like an idiot.

Corigames

Smash Hero
When I asked Hugs about the match up he gave me this video and told me to watch it:
(this also should help with the Silent Specter conversation too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dFeX2z0SLA&feature=PlayList&p=D13CD5F5E1DE74EF&index=0&playnext=1

I asked him why he likes to just put his shield up for no reason all over the place and he told me along the lines of 'it's better to get grabbed than get kneed'.

It's ok for you to have your opinion. It's ok for you to give advice. Just please stop saying the opposite of everything I'm saying and then calling me out on it in every single post of yours.

VA

Smash Hero
humm. ok, I personally think getting grabbed is worse, but hugs probably knows better, he's so good against falcon ^^

Top Bottom