• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Power Rankings

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah..everyone seems to forget how good he is...he's the onlyone that consistently beats hungrybox's jiggz with fox.

Animal

Smash Lord
yeah..everyone seems to forget how good he is...he's the onlyone that consistently beats hungrybox's jiggz with fox.
thats exactly what i said in my earlier post!!!! everyone sleeps on him i dont know why. most likely because he didn't go 2 pound

holypho

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango (lvl 87)
2. Armada(lvl74)
3. Hungrybox(lvl 72)
4. M2k (lvl 74)
5. Amsah (lvl 73)
6. Lucky (lvl 71)
7 TheShizwiz (lvl 67)
8. Calle W (lvl 74)
9. Zhu (lvl 69)
10. Silent Spectre (lvl69)
682. Holypho(lvl 1)

these lvls don't mean anything =D lolz

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Hbox
4. M2K
5. PC Chris
6. Dashizwiz
7. Zhu
8. Lucky
9. Amsah
10. SS
11. Jman
12. Kage
13. Tope
14. Chu Dat
15. Darkrain
ahahahahahahahahahaha

:'D

But really now, it's definitely not possible to set a ranking in stone right now since below the first (being mango, and not even this is SOLIDLY set in stone) it would depend on the brackets below mango, especially so for the player 2 till about 5. People should just stop posting those lists and emberassing themselves.

Except for Poky, that one was legit :O

pezai

Smash Rookie
who cares about the rest of the rankings, mangoz 1 undisbutable

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
ahahahahahahahahahaha

But really now, it's definitely not possible to set a ranking in stone right now since below the first (being mango, and not even this is SOLIDLY set in stone) it would depend on the brackets below mango, especially so for the player 2 till about 5. People should just stop posting those lists and emberassing themselves.
That was just kind of a joke lol

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
ahahahahahahahahahaha

But really now, it's definitely not possible to set a ranking in stone right now since below the first (being mango, and not even this is SOLIDLY set in stone)

How is Mango being number 1 not SOLIDLY set in stone at this point. He's clearly the worlds best player.

Stev

Smash Ace
How is Mango being number 1 not SOLIDLY set in stone at this point. He's clearly the worlds best player.
Seriously. I mean just cuz you have a chance of losing doesn't mean you might not be the best player. He's lost like 1 tourny in 2 years, and that was to ONE person. Anyone who says he is NOT the best is just dumb. You can be the best and not always win.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Seriously. I mean just cuz you have a chance of losing doesn't mean you might not be the best player. He's lost like 1 tourny in 2 years, and that was to ONE person. Anyone who says he is NOT the best is just dumb. You can be the best and not always win.
I still call hangover johns :laugh:

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
i would say

mango
hungrybox
armada
amsah
m2k

are probably top 5 in that order but then again i could be underestimating m2k.

after that its get hard to determine

next 5 are probably
dr pee
zhu
shiz
lucky
jman
but these are in no order.

after that it gets even harder to order.

strawhats

Smash Master
Not to rain on your parade...but I think even m2k would beat all those guys you just mentioned including the Twins...mostly becase he ***** spacies soooooo hard...Mango is on another level. Plain and simple.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
i saw onett and i gritted my teeth

then i saw falco try (and succeed with) dthrow shine vs a fox 5 seconds in and i stopped watching

is this like the new '05 bombsoldier or something
reminds me of the post you made on the falcon boards when someone posted a match of jeapie and you said you saw him miss an l-cancel then stopped watching.

glad you took the time, to respond about how you didn't watch the match I obviously posted as a joke.

Not to rain on your parade...but I think even m2k would beat all those guys you just mentioned including the Twins...mostly becase he ***** spacies soooooo hard...Mango is on another level. Plain and simple.

maybe, alot of people though m2k would beat armada too.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i remember that post, and i only made that comment because the title was comparing him to SS, who almost NEVER makes technical mistakes

and i made this past post because you compared these guys to ****ing MANGO

how was it "obviously" a joke? i'd rather assume you're stupid than joking+unfunny

strawhats

Smash Master
reminds me of the post you made on the falcon boards when someone posted a match of jeapie and you said you saw him miss an l-cancel then stopped watching.

glad you took the time, to respond about how you didn't watch the match I obviously posted as a joke.

maybe, alot of people though m2k would beat armada too.
actually...about that m2k actually controlls the matches that him and armada play. He just ****ed up at the end...trust me I know how good mexico is, but m2k is better than them. Poeple forget how good m2k is. I guess if he's not playing like this anymore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YPztTWKFkI&feature=related

then he's not a robot...>> yeah

jugfingers

Smash Champion
i remember that post, and i only made that comment because the title was comparing him to SS, who almost NEVER makes technical mistakes
the point is, if you actually didn't watch the match, you missed out on some insanely technically flashy **** i.e 1:27-150 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJKWR6rHu7M

and i made this past post because you compared these guys to ****ing MANGO

how was it "obviously" a joke? i'd rather assume you're stupid than joking+unfunny

it was obviously a joke because I posted a friendly match on onett, where they just stayed in the middle of the stage shielding cars and trying weird/**** combos on each other i.e 2:01 (shine dair to bair) despite being a very awesome match that you missed out on I didn't post it too showcase how good they are, sorry I thought that was obvious.

but I wasn't joking about mango not being undisputed, that fact is that to be the worlds best you have to beat the best in the world, and the fact remains there are countries with amazing players that mango has never played

...trust me I know how good mexico is, but m2k is better than them.
boy look how easy that was, I guess they don't have to play after all

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Realistically, I don't think Mexico would be on the level of Mango/Armada/HBox/Amsah/M2K, but I'd say they would be a force in the next "section" of Smashers (like Zhu/DrPP/Darkrain and many others).

Stev

Smash Ace
but I wasn't joking about mango not being undisputed, that fact is that to be the worlds best you have to beat the best in the world, and the fact remains there are countries with amazing players that mango has never played
I HIGHLY doubt their tournament record is as clean as Mango's. Mango has lost ONCE in the last 2 years to 1 player. I mean seriously, if you REALLY think they can consistently beat Mango, you're dumb. Are they good? Ya, no doubt. As good as Mango? I want proof (tourny results). Mango has won BIGGER tournaments against BETTER players. He has traveled all over for it. Maybe THEY should do the same to prove Mango wrong. That's like saying that I didn't race against Usain Bolt, how do you know he's faster than me? I'm faster than all my friends, but I didn't compete in the Olympics.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i saw onett and i gritted my teeth

then i saw falco try (and succeed with) dthrow shine vs a fox 5 seconds in and i stopped watching

is this like the new '05 bombsoldier or something
You've really never seen twins play before?

They are twins... they play eachother 100% of the time and almost always face off in Grand Finals. Their sets are jokes and stages are agreed upon (sometimes hyrule temple)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
A Tier
1. Mango

B Tier
2. Hungrybox
2. Armada
2. Mew2King
2. Amsah

C Tier
3. Jman
3. Lucky
3. Dr. PeePee
3. Zhu
3. Col Bol
3. Calle W

D Tier
4. DarkRain
4. Silent Spectre
4. Tope
4. Hax
4. PC Chris
(4. Shiz) <-- inactive
(4. Chops) <-- inactive

E Tier
5. Kage
5. Darc
5. DEHF
5. Chu Dat
5. Plank

F Tier
6. Linguini
6. Over Triforce
6. Axe
6. Ka-Master
6. Silent Wolf

The skill level of a group individuals is too close to call, so that's why I used tiers. I'm probably wrong in a few areas but hey... I'm a bit biased and also it's nearly impossible to judge who is better than who unless you have a giant round robin tournament with all the good players in the world lol.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I HIGHLY doubt their tournament record is as clean as Mango's. Mango has lost ONCE in the last 2 years to 1 player. I mean seriously, if you REALLY think they can consistently beat Mango, you're dumb. Are they good? Ya, no doubt. As good as Mango? I want proof (tourny results). Mango has won BIGGER tournaments against BETTER players. He has traveled all over for it. Maybe THEY should do the same to prove Mango wrong. That's like saying that I didn't race against Usain Bolt, how do you know he's faster than me? I'm faster than all my friends, but I didn't compete in the Olympics.
lol their tournament record is probably much cleaner, Im pretty sure javi and twin have always been in the grandfinals against each other in every major Mexican tourney for years.

this doesn't mean much though since they just play people in mexico.

but their good, robmoney went to a mexican tourney back when he was a top american pro and I think he just barely broke top ten, whereas javi and twin easily beat everyone.

mango winning tournaments big tournaments doesn't make him inherently than people who have not won big tournaments, javi and twin are good, and they haven't ever played anyone in common so its hard to judge who would be better.

its difficult to judge solely from videos who is better. judging from videos I would say darks fox is alot more technical than mango, but doesn't really mean much considering how well oscar and otto do at major tourneys. however javi has a very refined falco game with his fox, and could possibly beat mango in tournament, you just don't know until they play, maybe mango would 3 stock him like he does jman, but maybe not.

your racing analogy shows the level of your stupidity and ignorance, racing is timed.

do I need to refute that further, I don't think so.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
m.go uses shield pressure techniques and movement techniques with his spacies that the twins have used for many years.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
not gonna lie, international power rankings are impossible because we haven't had true international scene. South America is practically off the map, we haven't really seen japan in two years besides capn jack who went over to Europe, Asia in general is practically out of our view.

Seriously just because they haven't played against america doesn't mean they are aren't good.
Determining the best at an international level at this point is impossible.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
What about Antarctica? Them penguins got mad tech skill.

But srsly, international rankings are a no-no. There are still so many places that have yet to show off their amazing players.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
m.go uses shield pressure techniques and movement techniques with his spacies that the twins have used for many years.
but can they read rolls and cover every option on edge guards, while commentating their own matches? :p

looks like everyone agrees on the top 5 lol...

strawhats

Smash Master
lol their tournament record is probably much cleaner, Im pretty sure javi and twin have always been in the grandfinals against each other in every major Mexican tourney for years.

this doesn't mean much though since they just play people in mexico.

but their good, robmoney went to a mexican tourney back when he was a top american pro and I think he just barely broke top ten, whereas javi and twin easily beat everyone.

mango winning tournaments big tournaments doesn't make him inherently than people who have not won big tournaments, javi and twin are good, and they haven't ever played anyone in common so its hard to judge who would be better.

its difficult to judge solely from videos who is better. judging from videos I would say darks fox is alot more technical than mango, but doesn't really mean much considering how well oscar and otto do at major tourneys. however javi has a very refined falco game with his fox, and could possibly beat mango in tournament, you just don't know until they play, maybe mango would 3 stock him like he does jman, but maybe not.

your racing analogy shows the level of your stupidity and ignorance, racing is timed.

do I need to refute that further, I don't think so.
My main problem with comparing the Mexican twins with mango is Mango can counter pretty much anything they will throw out with his variety of characters....His fox is ridiculous and beat Armada's peach (who beasts on all spacies), and m2k in fox dittos, his falco ***** everyone and mearly beat Hungrybox (nearly impossible to do), and if all fails(which I doubt he'd ever need to resort to this, then Mango would pull out his final ace in the whole JIGGLYPUFF and **** them)

Its not a winning matchup playstyle to playstyle against mango when you think about

While they may have more tech skill than mango (I doubt they can adapt as fast as him and punish). His spacing is ridiculous, and he uses way too many characters (and he's good with them all). He even has a CPT. FALCON (went even wth Darkrain at SMYM 10 in falcon dittos, and beat Jeff's falcon dittos) He ***** Hax's falcon, and well Scar don't want anything to do with mango after getting ***** so hard by his puff and falco at Genesis. Once again his puff is broken, the only possibl e way I see them beating mango's puff is if he sandbags and decides not to rest when the opportunity presents itself like he did against Jman at Winterfes, or if he faces falco( DSW went even with mango's puff at RoM last year) Mango didn't rest at all

holypho

Smash Apprentice
mango(melee) is the equivalent to federer(tennis) =D, where are the nadals at?!?!? Yeah federer has
been at the top and near the top for years, I think mango can be used in the same sentence as him..

strawhats

Smash Master
mango(melee) is the equivalent to federer(tennis) =D, where are the nadals at?!?!? Yeah federer has
been at the top and near the top for years, I think mango can be used in the same sentence as him..
I think Mango is moe like Nadal...but that was when M2K was the Federer. His marth dance gracefully along the battlefield much like Federer on the court

Now that Mango is Roger....Armada may be the Nadal he was looking for.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I find it funny that several people are defending Mango for being the best in the world because he's consistently won every tournament in the United States in the last couple years, while Javi and Twin have done basically the exact same thing. You know, implying that Mexico is definitely not as good as the US. :psycho:

Again though, I don't think Javi or Twin would take 1st place, but they certainly would place high and beat a lot of the top players.

Mango is the best in the world as much as Javi is, only that Mango's wins are in much larger regions and generally accepted, better regions.

Javi vs Mango, M2K, JMan, among others would be amazing.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
To add (I don't want to edit incase someone misses this), instead of International Power Rankings, someone should make a thread to list all the top players for each character. Say something like:

Falco:
Mango
Dr.PP
Zhu
Shiz
etc

Or perhaps have the best and also add the best players in certain regions.

Falco:
Mango (US WC)
Dr.PP (US South)
Dieslow (Canada WC)
Calle W (Sweden)
Twin (Mexico)
etc

The lists would be big, but it would be a nice reference.

And then for the lower tiers, just list every major player of the character.

Mewtwo:
Taj
Iori
etc (sorry that I'm not fluent with Mewtwo players)

I think it'd make a nicer thread, actually be useful, and have less unneeded arguing that solves for an answer nobody really cares about.

Someone else make it though.

Top Bottom