• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Power Rankings

unknown522

Some guy
by tourney (IMO):
1. Mango
2. Hbox
3. Armada
4. Amsah
5. M2K
Jman
Darc
Shiz
Lucky
zhu/PP

the last 5 was hard. No offence.

By real skill (IMO):
1. Mango
2. M2K
3. Jman
4. Amsah
chu
shiz
armada
zhu
Raynex
kirbykaze

no real order. It seems to be a toss up for players.

Vegard

Smash Lord
lol its funny how you guys even try to put Calle W in a ranking like this

in PAL Armada > Amsah, in NTSC prolly Amsah > Armada.... how is this gonna work out

US rankings:

Mango
Hbox
Mew2king
Jman
Lucky
Zhu
DrPP
Hax

or something like that

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Calle W is ****! D:<

It's funny that you epople say that most of the rankings lack sense, but you didn't post anything contrary to what we said.

You could go on with that arguement of how "Oh, the pros don't care about it, all that matters is the gold, blah, blah, blah." But if you're not ready to offer your own predictions to back up that statement you might as well not post at all.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
It's funny that you epople say that most of the rankings lack sense, but you didn't post anything contrary to what we said.
I can't help but think you were talking to me, so here's what I think:

1. Mango
Though I wouldn't be too surprised if he lost to Hbox, Armada, M2k or me, it's more likely that he'll win..

2. HungryBox/Armada/M2k/Me
I think our tournament placings are dependant on who we end up facing in the bracket ~ Armada > Hbox > Me > Armada (read > as "likely to beat") and then M2k, who simply goes even with all of us (win or lose).

If I'm wrong about Armada > Hbox, then Hbox is second.

6. Everyone else
I don't know the US scene well enough to say anything about it..

Animal

Smash Lord
hbox is second in yet, i think mangos falcon, fox, and falco can beat him. Not saying that he doesn't deserve second, i just think mangos on a whole other level

SK919

Deal with it
I wana see a top player's opinion on this.

Mango is obviously the best but past that it's hard to say. The melee scene right now is mad hype and competitive.

It will never die

edit: just saw nihonjin's post. word btw your tag is beast. Enter under that one at the next international tournament you **** at :D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lmao, this thread is hilarious but should be closed.

I mean, the only thing that's clear on an international level is that Mango is the best and that the next 4 slots are most likely HBox, M2K, Armada and Amsah in some ordering (but even these next 4 slots would be the source of a lot of contention).

pockyD

Smash Legend
1: Mango
2: Hbox
3: Amsah
4: Armada
5: M2k
6: Jman
7: Lucky
8: Zhu
9: Dr. PP
10: Plank
11: Silent Spectre
12: Tope
13: DEHF
14: Hax
15: DarkRain/Linguini

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
hbox is second in yet, i think mangos falcon, fox, and falco can beat him. Not saying that he doesn't deserve second, i just think mangos on a whole other level
Yeah I wouldn't go that far.

Lol @ everyone that popped in to say this thread is ****ed and didn't even post a list.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Lol @ everyone that popped in to say this thread is ****ed and didn't even post a list.
the point is that making an international list based of a grand total of 1 tournament that had serious international attendance in the past 2 years is stupid. I mean, ****, even if we're generous and call Genesis international (despite only Armada showing up from the upper echelons of European play), that's still not even close to enough to seriously try to gauge how international players stack up.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Yeah I wouldn't go that far.

it's because the idea is stupid, not that any specific list is stupid

i already posted my extremely qualified and justified list so i am allowed to say this thread is ****ed right?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
the point is that making an international list based of a grand total of 1 tournament that had serious international attendance in the past 2 years is stupid. I mean, ****, even if we're generous and call Genesis international (despite only Armada showing up from the upper echelons of European play), that's still not even close to enough to seriously try to gauge how international players stack up.
Sufficient gauge or not, it's the only gauge. And it must be gauged! No point to not gauge.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well, looks like I caught 2 fish with one cast. :laugh:

Yeah, I understand mogwai, lol. I didn't expect anything less in your inevitable response. Such lists are purely hypothetical and people shouldn't take it so seriously imo.

it's because the idea is stupid, not that any specific list is stupid

i already posted my extremely qualified and justified list so i am allowed to say this thread is ****ed right?
Do it! lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Sufficient gauge or not, it's the only gauge. And it must be gauged! No point to not gauge.
lol, k, then here's the list!

1: Mango
2: Hbox
3: Amsah
4: Armada
5: M2k
6: Jman
7: Lucky
8: Zhu
9: Dr. PP
10: Plank
11: Silent Spectre
12: Tope
13: DEHF
14: Hax
15: DarkRain/Linguini
though really, M2K/JMan, Lucky/Zhu, PP/Plank/SS/Tope, and DEHF/Hax/DR/Linguini are all just too close to call, so I'm calling personal bias shenanigans on Pocky's list!

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Amsah has really long fingers, so does Mango. Does this mean anything?
its easier/quicker for them to move their finger from one button to another.

which is a good attribute to have in the game of smash.

but I doubt either of them can dustless dashdance, so.....how long are your fingers?

strawhats

Smash Master
Honestly M2K is amazing if he's able to go even in battle with with you ^, hungrybox, and armada...

My list is as follows

1. Mango
2. Armada (pretty sure he would beat hungrybox)
3. Hungybox
4. M2K
5. Amsah (only because he hasnt't played Jason in tourney yet, and from what Iheard m2k's marth 3-1 amsah's sheik)
6. Calle W (probably)
7. Dr. PP
8. Jman
9. Shiz
10. Col Bol
11. Chu Dat
12. PC Chris
13. Darkrain
14. SS
15. Kage

In a perfect world where character matchups are thrown out the window and only skill is considered

1. Mango
2. M2K
3. Armada
4. Amsah
5. Hungrybox

gm jack

Smash Lord
I suspect Amsah would be able to have a good go at Hbox or Mango once he has more experience with those two top level puffs. He did ok against Hbox, but ok isn't good enough for one of the easiest characters to rest in the game. Games close in skill get skewed massively by a couple of mistakes.

Animal

Smash Lord
Honestly M2K is amazing if he's able to go even in battle with with you ^, hungrybox, and armada...

My list is as follows

1. Mango
2. Armada (pretty sure he would beat hungrybox)
3. Hungybox
4. M2K
5. Amsah (only because he hasnt't played Jason in tourney yet, and from what Iheard m2k's marth 3-1 amsah's sheik)
6. Calle W (probably)
7. Dr. PP
8. Jman
9. Shiz
10. Col Bol
11. Chu Dat
12. PC Chris
13. Darkrain
14. SS
15. Kage

In a perfect world where character matchups are thrown out the window and only skill is considered

1. Mango
2. M2K
3. Armada
4. Amsah
5. Hungrybox

Lucky is arguably the best fox in the world. how the hell isnt he in there?

Top Bottom