• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V: Memphis, TN: March 30-31 Live Updates Online! See 1st post for details

Nite

Smash Champion
I'm in favor of it as well. *My vote*

Forward, I would like some friendlies with your Falco if you find the time. I really like your style. You mix it up more than other Falcos. It'd be good to experience it firsthand. You were supposed to be in my pools at FC6, but you didn't show up. We will have nametags, so I'm sure I'll find you sometime before the 2 days are over.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm all for the rule either way, and there's not really much of a difference, but when do you decide which neutral stage you want to reset on: when you fully-ban stages, or right when the random picks?

In other words, is it:
1) I announce that I'm banning Yoshi's Story, and that I will reset on Battlefield. My opponent says he's banning Dreamland, and will reset on Pokemon Stadium.
-or-
2) We announce our bans and hit random. It chooses Rainbow Cruise, and I reset. It then chooses FD, and my opponent resets. Now, we keep choosing random until we get something besides those 4.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Put me, Phloat, up there for going, but I cant bring anything but myself, a controller, and a friend, who might come if his mom says he can...

I live in nashville, 4 hours away, and school ends at 3...

So I can be there at 7, if you can hold till that long :(

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Wow...awesome forward is coming. Good stuff.

I was against the rule at first. But now I kinda like it. Sounds like a good idea. I have a feeling though, there will be quite a few people that will have to have it explained to them at the actual tournament. But its all good. ^____^

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I feel like i accomplished something by introducing a new rule. Also, when i introduced it, I copied and pasted it from Cataclysm. It says that you have to reset in the first 5 seconds of a match before any damage is done or lives are lost. I think that part is kinda important.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If one chooses to do random as their counterpick, does this rule apply?

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Zane- Saw this rule in the Cataclysm tournement. Thought i'd bring it up cause I like it.
-Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)
I would think since random is your counterpick, that it cannot be restarted because its a counterpick.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Sargent Peach said:
I know, but it was just a thought. I kinda think its gay if your peach.
I think we all agree with that. HAHA.

Honestly I don't think the rule is that great but it isn't that big of a deal. Usually the stage I ban is the only one I don't care for.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I just saying, the rule has its fair and unfairness to it, what happens if you take away all the large stages for some characters that's a disadvantage.
I agree with Kyo... winning the first match out of three is a big deal, and now characters that are good on the majority of the random stages can now nix the one they're bad at... the rule just seems wrong to me.

Why do we need a new rule, when the old rules don't hurt anyone... it just seems like we're changing things just to change things, and I know somebody is going to get gipped here.

Obi Wan Kenobi said:
I've got a bad feeling about this...
@Obi1- you're telling me...

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yang/Kyo/Other Doubters - The tournament scene is always evolving to try to promote fairness and test of skill as opposed to luck. What if you have to play a Marth and it randomly gets Yoshi's Story? Unless you're playing Marth, then that's an automatic counterpick, instead of the first round being "even". Or if you're fighting someone w/ projectiles -vs- someone w/o on FD. Same thing. The more I think about it, the better I like it.

Obviously it's been tested in and out if MLG is setting it as a standard rule. They wouldn't put something in there that purposely gimps people. That puts a blemish on their reputation, which no company likes.

Unless someone comes up with a huge counterargument, this will stand.

Phloat - For now I have just you. Let me know if your friend confirms and I'll add him/her to the list. We'll be doing doubles first, so there's a chance you'd make it in time for singles. I've updated the first post with my cell number. Everyone take note of it just in case there are some issues that come up as far as an accident (re: INN III) or something like that.

I unfortunately won't be able to keep pushing the start time back for obvious reasons, but if it's reasonable, we'll do the best we can :)

Jack - ... and yes. Nite was correct. We do #2 :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yang/Kyo/Other Doubters - The tournament scene is always evolving to try to promote fairness and test of skill as opposed to luck. What if you have to play a Marth and it randomly gets Yoshi's Story? Unless you're playing Marth, then that's an automatic counterpick, instead of the first round being "even". Or if you're fighting someone w/ projectiles -vs- someone w/o on FD. Same thing. The more I think about it, the better I like it.
T.T I understand... I'd just like to point out that I can punch missles and if I stay under the platforms on Yoshi's Story, then i can uair through them and my down+b goes across the whole stage... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: everyone should play ganon.

but all loving-on-ganon aside, i guess you're right.

TAK$

Smash Ace
yo zane, just giving a heads up, when i go to chus this saturday i'll see if he's going, which he said he might but i'll see when i get there (i asked him and he said maybe). also if more people arent coming, that means 2 more setups atleast, maybe more, so it's a win-win. =D

TAK$

Smash Ace
=D <3 zane, actually i'm gonna put the link to this thread in the sig yang made, maybe i can get more ppl to look and come. =D

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Not sure if it's just me or not, but your sig looks broke to me >_<

I'm having to do some weird stuff to get to the site b/c of work and firewalls and stuff. Thanks for the support man. That's what INN is all about!

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
This's come a long way...it's gonna be friggin huge. Cant wait for INNVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously it's been tested in and out if MLG is setting it as a standard rule. They wouldn't put something in there that purposely gimps people. That puts a blemish on their reputation, which no company likes.
MLG rules that MK2 is a no-no. This tourney is completely MLG minus the fact that you're leaving that stage in...

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
wotdefawkez?

Anyway, I find fault with the whole "they're a company, they know wot's best" theory. But the rule... I suppose it wouldn't do much harm. Plus, I really hate Marth's story. So the addition... I guess that's fine. I was kinda opposed to it originally as it's just another rule.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So what you're saying is... you're against it until you figured out that you can benefit from it more than oppose it? :p *snicker*

No, honestly, I was antimlg for a long time, but they save so much headache, they get props when it's due :)

It doesn't matter tho. INN will kick rump, I promise :)

Nite

Smash Champion
Smashmac, you should definitely come if you have the money. Maybe I'll perform a little strip for you and your brothers if you show up.

Guys, you can thanks me later. I just made him an offer he can't refuse. SCORE.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Smashmac, you should definitely come if you have the money. Maybe I'll perform a little strip for you and your brothers if you show up.

Guys, you can thanks me later. I just made him an offer he can't refuse. SCORE.
In that case I'm definantly coming. Nite stripping? Geez, what is that like everyone's wet-dream? Oh yeah by the way, it'd be great if my name was kind of added to that list since I am, in fact, the older brother of both DaShizWiz and KeepSpeedN ...

On a very serious note, I think we're actually coming to this one for sure (as the three hat bros.). I'm like, 70% sure we're coming. Only problem is can someone house us? I also think that we'll be flying in so yeah, just to throw that out there.

Nite

Smash Champion
Smashmac- I was gonna house you and your brothers, but it turns out that I can only house about 5 people. I've got at least 3 people coming that already have dibs on housing, and probably more of their crew, so sorry about that. Check with Handorin. He said he could house you guys.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Thats the way, Nite. Draw those OOS smashers in with your body. I just hope that TN/AR can handle the flood.

Seems like the INN may soon outgrow the new INN. I guess we'll just have to build our own place to hold these at.

Top Bottom