• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V: Memphis, TN: March 30-31 Live Updates Online! See 1st post for details

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I, PrinceZane, am pleased to announce...

INNsomnia:​

The Smash Buffet​
Volume V​

See the tournament with LIVE online updates by Clicking here.​

What? Super Smash Bros. Melee Tourney
Where? Actually, it's in West Memphis, AR (about 10 minutes from downtown Memphis, TN) - At the Holiday Inn - I-55 & Ingram Boulevard (maybe listed as 2007 S Service Rd, either way it's the only Holiday Inn in town), West Memphis, AR 72301 (for mapquest, etc)
When? Friday, March 30th and Saturday, March 31st. That's right. 2 days of smash, baby! Woo! We are allowed to begin filing into the room around 2:00 Friday. I hope to have registration going through as close as possible to then.

My cell number is 870-514-3806. Please contact me if there are any questions, or if something comes up the day of the tourney.

Entry Fees:
• There will be a $5 cover for the building. This is to cover the room fee for the hotel. (Yes, this is the same fee as the 1 day tournaments in the past. I'm hoping on a big enough crowd to cover the extra day fee).
• There will be a $5 fee for pizza/drinks. I think I will run things like last time, where this will be enough to cover about 4 slices of pizza and 2 can drinks. Plus any after party gathering at the Pizza Inn post tourney play. This will be provided both day, and this is $5 per day.
Singles: $15
Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Crews: TBA (Based on time/interest)
Team Crews (aka "Teams Team"): TBA (Based on time/interest)
Random: TBA (Based on time/interest)
Low Tier: TBA (Based on time/interest)

Don't forget to bring some extra cash. The crew battles, low tier, and any other random event we decide to do may or may not have entry fees. This will be decided at the tourney based on time/interest.

I'll also see if I can talk MookieRah into possibly making INNsomnia t-shirts. I have no idea on this at the moment. It'll probably depend on his schedule and how many preorders I'm sure.

Pot Breakdown:
Singles: 70%/20%/10%
Teams: 70%/30%
All other tournies will be announced probably as they start

:mario::goomba::mario::goomba::mario::goomba:
The Biweekly fundraisers raised a total of $1430 (and going by the way) for the Single's and Double's pot. Singles winner will take home $1,000+ guaranteed!
Note: I haven't decided how the pot will be split up exactly, this will depend on how much the final total is.

:mario::goomba::mario::goomba::mario::goomba:

There's a lot on the plate as far as the tournies that will happen at this. Just a quick overview on what the tournaments are:

Singles and Doubles: See below
Crews: A team of X players splitting Y lives (ex. 5 people on a team splitting 20 stock). If you know what "Survivor Mode" is found on many fighting games, it's that same basic idea.
Team Crews (aka "Teams Team"): Same as crews, except instead of 1v1, its 2v2.
Random: Think you've got the best all around game? Or is your controller built out of 4 leaf clovers? This was tested at a biweekly and the responce was amazingly high. This tournament consists of the standard rules for stock, time, and legal stages. However, the character and stage picking is random for all 3 matches. No strategic counterpicks. With a well rounded game, and bit of luck, anyone can push through this bracket.
Low Tier: Explains itself - only characters in the bottom of the most recent tier list will be listed as playable characters

Tournament Rules

For Singles and Doubles:
• Double Elimination. Round Robin.
• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• Pools will be 3 stock, 6 minute time limit, and the Brackets will be 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
• Items OFF

Special Team Rules:
• Brackets will be random seeding, no round robin (unless interest is high enough).
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams will be banned due to stage lags in 4 player mode

Stages (subject to change. I'm still thinking on a few of these):
• First stage is limited to the 7 neutral stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks.
• Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (see note in Special Team Rules), Dreamland 64 and Pokémon Stadium. Fountain of Dreams is on random for singles only. DK64 and Rainbow Cruise is on for doubles only.
• Banned Stages (for both Singles and Doubles): Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay
• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
-----Update-----
• Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

Additional Notes:
Money matches, friendlies, etc. will be happening whenever one can be squeezed in. However, please do not slow down the pace of the tourney due to friendlies. Money matches are excusable (but please, be smart about the timing and choice of when), but friendly matches will forfeit if a tourney or money match needs the setup. This isn't being rude, just common sense. Match tier list is: tourney > money > friendly. Respect the tier!

Also, due to player request, and the policy of the hotel the building will be a NO SMOKING facility. Please be kind enough to step outside for a smoke. There is a door that leads directly from our room to the outside that can be used for smoke breaks. Thanks for the cooperation.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc.), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If this is problem occurrs, find me or anyone that I introduce as a tournament director (be prepared to have proof/witnesses).

In other words just play fair and have fun!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm hoping to be able to utilize the same tournament software we used at INNsomnia III and IV, not only for how smooth things ran, but also for the automatic update. Basically this software will allow the tourney to be updated in real time (aka as it happens) so people can watch how the tourney unfolds via website online.

I'll get more solid info on the online updates and such when I can get some more conversation in with nealdt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
INNsomnia IV gave away over $1,500 in prize money! Biweeklies are being run to raise money for the INN V pot as said earlier. The biweeklies gave first place at INN IV a take home of $1,001, and this tournament we've had even more money from biweeklies raised. As always, I would like to see the number of entrants grow, as well as our number of setups. I'll get a list for preregistration with people, setups, and accessories (power strips, extension cords, T-shirts, etc.) started in the next post.

INNSOMNIA: THE SMASH BUFFET...
No Johns, No Jones, No Sleep, No Doze.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
This post is dedicated to pre-registration for INNsomnia IV. Let me know via Post, PM, AIM (JMK74295), or E-mail (personal - princezane@gmail.com, or work - John_Kirkpatrick@hilton.com) If you IM or email me, just put in the message/subject field something about Melee, Smashboards, or INNsomnia.

The registration will be based on 3 things: People - who is to show and planning on being in the tourney (including any combination of singles, doubles, or crew); Setups - this is for anyone that can bring a tv and/or gamecube (including game/memory card). Please specify how many of each you can bring; and lastly, Accessories - this inclues anything else that is helpful for the tournament including power strips, extension cords, video cameras, etc.

So with all that out of the way, the lists are as follows:

People:
PrinceZane
Rob Gambino
Mario'sCapeabilities
Viewtiful Jon
Sargent Peach
Viperboy 74
Tink
Trail
Big C
"One more" (from team shep)
Chad
X2X
SmashterLink
Handorin
Fufu
Wayland
McCloud
Fizz-Sama
CCCP
ihavespaceballs
chamberlin
Keta
Iori
Duke
Ed
Kyo
3GOD
Newo
Myztek
Lance87
Nite
Moogle
Ram
DrummaBoi
SaberGuy
Thief
Eraz
Fuze
Virgilijus
Trident
Ace
Gerbil
Danami
Forward
LvL9
nikepk
Echo
AzurePhoenix
Drephen
Joe Bushman
Mathos
Watty
FrenzieFool
DaShizWiz
SpeedN
Red_Ninja
The Batman
KOKingPin
Foxx
Deeber
Tacoom
Mike Falco Lover
Smeesh
Big Burn
Taj
TAK$
ChozenOne
Phloat
SmashMac
QDVS
Sky
Siefersythe
JMOAN
Anj
Yawn
Ryuko
Gurdge + 4
Darkrain
Jesi
Phatgamer
Z
_Falco_
TheReflexWonder
Boomstick
Ambix
Cyphus
Lee
Ricky
Ray
John
Chad
Pierre
Taylor
Eet
Kyle
Sunchaser007
Dud
BestinGA
HyperDragon
Final-Knight
Sinu
Anthonyw
StripesorBars
Steve
Trey
Mike
Scott
Gerbil
ragnarok
Mr. P
Suicide Dolls
Shai Hulud
Tope
Meep
d0t c0m
chaddd
Menthol
zozefup
edub
JWT2k6

Total: 125 (Yea -Yuz!!!)

Setups:
PrinceZane - 1 tv, 1 cube
Mario'sCapeabilities - 1 tv, 1 cube
Chad - 1 tv, 1 cube
X2X - 1 tv, 1 cube
Yang - 1 tv, 1 cube
Handorin - 1 tv, 1 cube
Sargent Peach - 1 tv, 1 cube
Ed - 1 tv
Ihavespaceballs - 1 tv, 1 cube
3GOD - 1 tv, 1 cube
SaberGuy - 1 cube
Iori - 1 cube
T4rn1sh - 1 tv, 1 cube
Virgilijus - 1 tv, 1 cube
nikepk - 1 tv, 1 cube
AzurePhoenix - 1 tv, 1 cube
LvL9 - 1 power strip
Ambix - 1 tv, 1 cube
Menthol - 1 cube

Total TVs: 13
Total Cubes: 14
Total Setups: 13

Accessories:
PrinceZane - 1 power strip, 1 extension cord
SmashterLink - extension cords
Sargent Peach - 1 extension cord, 1 power strip
Handorin - 1 camera, 1 power strip
Ihavespaceballs - 1 triwing screwdriver, random amount of spare controller parts
3GOD - 1 power strip
SaberGuy - 1 power strip, 1 extension cord
T4rn1sh - 1 power strip

Housing Spots Open:
Handorin - 5
Nite - 2, but maybe gone...
Ihavespaceballs - ?
The Pizza Inn - 150-200. Floor space. Condition: Must be awake, place cleaned, and filing out around 10'ish (so they can start preparing for business. Probably wake up maybe around 9?) - bring a sleeping bag if you want to sleep at the INN and possibly some padding, the floors are concrete with a thin carpeting. This is unlimited area, so no sign up is needed. Just whereever you can find room in the floor/chairs is ok. :)

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Ah man missed the first post. Well all is not lost. I am apparently the first in the area to post. Also mark me for attendance and a complete set up.

I also would like to be the first to vote for no three man pools this time. It ran really well but it caused less tourney matches for people that didnt make it out of their pools.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Mark me and my room mate (Sarg) down for bringing a setup. Also, you think we could talk someone with a nice big screen tv into bringing it for the finals? I would if I had one.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Like i need to say that GA will be at this.
Housing PLZ i dont think IHSB will be able to house us this time.
Edit:Mark me down for a full setup by teh way.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
YESSSS!!!! You know I will be there along with the other Run7 members. Awesome stuff Zane. This should be the biggest INN yet. And as Brad said, you can expect a setup from us. But I'll bring some extension chords too. Dont know how many, I'll just have to look.

Again, I missed first post. One of these days!!!!!

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
At least Im on the first page. As view said, we got a setup. You know STFU will be there. I will be participating in teams also.

Ill bring a power strip and extension cord.

QUESTION- When does the tournement actually start, cause I know I get out of class at 11:00 and View doesnt get out till 2:30. We will get there as soon as possible. Is it still at midnight im guessing cause its called Innsomnia, but I was just curious cause its not up^ there?

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
The actual INNsomnia tournaments dont take place in the middle of the night like the biweeklies. They are during the day. But Zane will have to tell you the actual times.

**edit**
It says at the top to begin filling the room at 2 o'clock on Friday. That would be 2 in the afternoon if things are as they were before.

Handorin

Smash Hero
On the first page!

All I have to say is poo. It starts when school ends. (filling the room at least) Trust me though, I will get there ASAP. I will most definetly be in attendance with a cube, tv, powerstrip, camera, and anything else my lord needs.

*bows down to the prince*

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hell yeah I'll be there. And hopefully I wont have to fight Iori like it did at INN3 and INN4...

mark me down for Yang, Fufu, Boon, Wayland, and a setup.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Rob - can I chalk you (and anyone else?) up for pre-reg then? (doing so now actually, just let me know if something changes)

Oh, snap, forgot about school. Um. *ponders*

K. Here we go. We'll start registration around 2. Depending on times we'll do mms/friendlies for a little bit.

Doubles will happen first, so depending on how many school people want in for that, let me know.

For all the school people: send me a PM on when you get out and what time you could be here, and I'll work it out :):):)

Updated prereg...

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Of course I'll be there, complete with a TV + Wii, and a powerstrip if it's needed. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to house OOS people or not this time, it depends on if my parents are fine with me staying with them for the weekend (I'm in a rather tiny dormroom now). If I can, though, X2X and his crew have first dibs.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Whee! Updated again

Chad - I thought about this, but A. they close the room down earlier on Sun night, and B. I didn't know how many people would have church stuff going on, etc.

It's cool, we'll fix it. INN > School

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Kyo - You've GOT To get Ichigo here :D:D:D

Also, I forgot to mention. We need to be out of the room by 12-12:30 that night, but can go back in around 11-noon.

I figure people can do...whatever they're doing, for housing and stuff (I can talk to the hotel about rooms if you guys need. Let me know ASAP how many we may need. People housing, try to find out what you can so we'll know how to proceed with this).

This is going to be sexy :D

...nother update to the reg list :)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I would love to come, I just need verification from Red or Trident if I can get a ride. If that holds true, you could put me down for a TV and Cube.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im going to:
1)Double check with parents to see if I can go.
2)Ask if I can house people. I would love to get some people over.

Zane- Will there be some sort of party at the INN Friday night when we are kicked out?

Newo

Smash Cadet
Awesome, I can't wait! Def. sign me up! I will be traveling with Keta I'm sure so it will be a fun car ride down, lol.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'll be there! I teach until 2:00, so it will be like 5:00 before I can get there, but I will be there...or maybe I'll cancel class! :) :) :) :)

Also, housing please! :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Cancel class for INN V? HAHA, that would be too hot! INN is def > school!

Updated pre-reg list.

3GOD - talk to Mookie/JC/Scribs for me if you can. I haven't been able to track them down lately

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
:093: Hey im last i guess but not least besides the slowest wins the race. So all is prepared keta who ever you are staying with can you put me in there to. I don't take up much space plus you get plus ex for the smash V :093:

ps hahahahahahha (time to shine not litterally) :093: ghost type

3GOD

Smash Ace
Cancel class for INN V? HAHA, that would be too hot! INN is def > school!

Updated pre-reg list.

3GOD - talk to Mookie/JC/Scribs for me if you can. I haven't been able to track them down lately
I'll try, but I haven't been able to get in touch with Mookie in weeks myself...:ohwell:

Your a teacher O.o
My a teacher :) I actually taught MookieRah trig last semester...now I'm teaching Calculus and stuffs.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
You can go ahead and re-reg me and Nite. I'll try and talk to some of the others that haven't posted yet.

So you officially decided that this is going to be a 2-day event? Cool, cool.

Also, this date is set instone right? Cause if it is then i'll go ahead and take off work.

This thread exploded! It's up for like 14hrs and already in the 30's for pre-reg...this tourney is gonna be ****in schweet. I'll help out again if you'd like :bigthumbu

Top Bottom