• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V: Memphis, TN: March 30-31 Live Updates Online! See 1st post for details

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Zane: you seem to think i have influence over the good texas people...it's usually something like this.

DoH: Hey Xelic, lets go to Indiana tomorrow!
Xelic: lawlz, kk. I'll get Wes.

and then we play smash in the car for long periods of time.

And I don't really have any organizing power over oklahoma. since i think they're still mad at us for ditching their tournament.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
im almost 100% sure that i will be going to this with mike falco,smeesh,echo etc.... so u can mark me down for people that are planning on going...

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
A yo a regional crew battle would be hot sause, should be looked into. And **** being able to post on my phone is the sexest **** ever hahaha

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Hey, I might bake a blood cake for the winner of INN5, its going to look so bloody deliciously good.

@Also, say all players(In Singles or Doubles) want to unban a stage, can they go to it?

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Zane- Saw this rule in the Cataclysm tournement. Thought i'd bring it up cause I like it.
-Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

@McCloud- I so get what your talking about. Hope the police don't come shut us down for bombs.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Sarg - I saw that on another tourney too. I don't particularly care for it. That's the point of it being random isn't it? You don't know what you get. Just cross your fingers and hope for the best. But you know how I am. If majority says it, then we'll change :)

Thanks Drumma - I agree. Milestones ftw!

Big Burn - Thanks for the update, I updated pre-reg :)

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
I know, but it was just a thought. I kinda think its gay if your peach, or jiggs and you ban yoshi's story, and then you get FoD or Battlefield. some characters have better random stages than others, thats all. We should vote on it or something.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
That's why you have the opportunity to ban and counterpick stages.

Luck plays a decent part in a tournament - whether it's in the pools, brackets, or stage selection...

We can vote, I don't mind at all, I just personally don't feel it's necessary.

But then again, I also like MK2 so :p

-Chad-

Slackerator
I like the restart rule. If I ban FoD because I'm facing a Marth, and we get Marth's Story, then I can restart so I dont' give my opponent a free counterpick on me. He can still counterpick it later but it prevents me from being at a big disadvantage the whole set.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yeah, but some people who main more than 1 char, might pick Marth as their opening char just because he has more "Random" stages in his favor. If you can start banning multiple stages, then it could **** up a gameplan as opposed to a stage.

I dunno. I could care less about stages honestly. I'll play Flat Zone, it doesn't matter to me :) We'll let popular vote win :)

-Chad-

Slackerator
Yeah, but some people who main more than 1 char, might pick Marth as their opening char just because he has more "Random" stages in his favor. If you can start banning multiple stages, then it could **** up a gameplan as opposed to a stage.

I dunno. I could care less about stages honestly. I'll play Flat Zone, it doesn't matter to me :) We'll let popular vote win :)
It's not banning a stage if you use your restart. All it does is a restart, if you happen to get the same stage you restarted on the first time again, you have to play it anyway. The only thing I see this rule doing is to help people not get an unfair advantage because they got lucky with the first random stage.

Myztek

Smash Ace
It's not banning a stage if you use your restart. All it does is a restart, if you happen to get the same stage you restarted on the first time again, you have to play it anyway. The only thing I see this rule doing is to help people not get an unfair advantage because they got lucky with the first random stage.

Actually, when you choose random the second time, if it's still the same stage you chose to reset, then you reset again.

"2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can't be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick." - MLG

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
*Hey Its LVL9 !

LOL chad said marth's story lol. So true. Hey Zane! hows it going man? I just found this thread after Sarg told me there was one. You know i will be attending this to event. I will probably be getting a hotel room too. any discounts? PM me details if you have any please. Also, for now you can put me down for an epic
[Strip of Extreme Power] and the legendary [Controller of Might]

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
I agree, that rule is taking the fun out of the game, That means you can ban 4 stages out of the 7 neutrals and that's just lame. Its perfect the way it's setup, just like MLG's Rules.

@ How about we have a tourny for it? We'll have two sides, one for the rule, one who's aganist it. I'll be a 2 stock tourny with the restart rule, but you can only use one character with 4 mins instead.

-Chad-

Slackerator
"2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can't be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick." - MLG
I agree, that rule is taking the fun out of the game, That means you can ban 4 stages out of the 7 neutrals and that's just lame. Its perfect the way it's setup, just like MLG's Rules.
Come again?
@ How about we have a tourny for it? We'll have two sides, one for the rule, one who's aganist it. I'll be a 2 stock tourny with the restart rule, but you can only use one character with 4 mins instead.
That sounds "gimp".

TAK$

Smash Ace
me and chozen are coming for sure, maybe 2-3 others but we wont know for like another week or two, so like, put me and chozen down atleast and i'll let you know if more come, we need housing too. =o

forward

Smash Champion
I think the best rules are:

You can ban a non neutral stage from the set, so that it may not be played on. And you can strike on neutral stage from random select, but it may still be counter picked.

-Chad-

Slackerator
That's basically the rule we've been debating over, the restart rule or whatever. I don't see any downsides to having it as a rule, it just evens the playing field further between the characters. It's a rule they use in MLG's

-Chad-

Slackerator
Actually, when you choose random the second time, if it's still the same stage you chose to reset, then you reset again.

You can't get it twice.

Nite

Smash Champion
Are you saying that you can't random the same stage twice right after the other?

Also, Watty is too good. So good that he is on the pre-reg twice.

Myztek

Smash Ace
It's a really simple rule. I don't see how people are misunderstanding it.

This is all it is: First of all, you ban stages like normal. One ban each. Then, you get to strike out a random/neutral stage. This neutral stage is still playable, but only by counter-picking it. It's just that you can't get it on the first match when selecting random.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
It's a really simple rule. I don't see how people are misunderstanding it.

This is all it is: First of all, you ban stages like normal. One ban each. Then, you get to strike out a random/neutral stage. This neutral stage is still playable, but only by counter-picking it. It's just that you can't get it on the first match when selecting random.
I like the sound of it. ^_^

Top Bottom