• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V: Memphis, TN: March 30-31 Live Updates Online! See 1st post for details

Beeswarm17

Smash Cadet
That would be cool. I don't have any of the equipment to do this, but if someone else does, I say we go for it.
A word of warning regarding the projector. I think some, if not all, projectors have a slight bit of lag on them. My friend went to a tournament in Atlanta where they used one, and he couldn't hit any of his L-cancels. He also killed himself three times getting back on the stage, because his recovery moves needed so much timing. The tournament banned the use of it after that first match.

I'm not saying don't use one. I'm just thinking that we need to make sure it doesn't have lag if we use it.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I was thinking having it set up so they plan on a tv, and they have it hooked into a laptop to record.

From the laptop, have the projector plugged into a video out port into the projector itself.

I dunno if it would work, but something like that.

And since we're on the subject, does anyone have a laptop I can borrow? I'm going to be running the tourney with Neal's Tio program again, which means we'll be having the brackets update LIVE online so people can see as we progress :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
A word of warning regarding the projector. I think some, if not all, projectors have a slight bit of lag on them. My friend went to a tournament in Atlanta where they used one, and he couldn't hit any of his L-cancels. He also killed himself three times getting back on the stage, because his recovery moves needed so much timing. The tournament banned the use of it after that first match.

I'm not saying don't use one. I'm just thinking that we need to make sure it doesn't have lag if we use it.
We recently had a tourney in Tampa, FL that had two projectors in use. Everyone was afraid it'd lag as well, but after playing some friendlies on them we found that there were any lag issues at all.

So it depends on the projector I guess. Just figured I'd throw that out there, to not dismiss all projectors as being laggy.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Right now there is a high possibility of us going. Like 70%, the only left thing to do now is get housing and buy the tickets.

So who can house three of us?

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Zane- I really dont plan to do that good in this thing. I would be glad to sit with my laptop and help.

We used projectors at the tourney here. It was alright, but tvs are the only way to rock.

Nite

Smash Champion
Shiz- Handorin said earlier that he could house you, SpeedN, and Smac. If he didn't go back on his word, then you should still be straight on that situation.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Shiz- Handorin said earlier that he could house you, SpeedN, and Smac. If he didn't go back on his word, then you should still be straight on that situation.
Haha there's no way Handy Handorin is gonna go back on his word.. he's been all "ZOMFG I HOUSE SHIZ!"

hahaha <3 Hand

Handorin

Smash Hero
No, I didn't. I said I can't house anymore now that I have you. Go reread my post. =P

Edit: for clarification, I am housing 3GOD, QDVS, and Shiz + bros

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
if anyone is Coming from East coast u r welcome to stay with me. i live in Smyrna which is like a 3 hr drive but its a rest. also sign me up u know ill be there.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Oh awesome Handorin, thanks.

I've been praticing a little again. The reason I'm mainly able to go to this tournament is from the tournament I just won Last saturday(520$), giving me enough money for the plane tickets lol(288$ per person), now I can hang out with you guys and stuff :). And thanks to whoever wished me luck at the tournament.

I really want to play Taj's mewtwo, its so beast, but I've only seen it in videos lol.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well in the Finals, KeepSpeedN(My brother) forfeited to me, so he won 160.

XIF got 3rd, Lambchops got 4th and Queen got 5th.

But the pot of the singles was 360$, the reason I got 520 was because Me and Rock won teams as well, giving us each 160$ from that.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
:). I'm gonna start talking to my brother more now about buying those tickets soon :chuckle:. Possibly Saturday or Sunday.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Good stuff Shiz. See ya end of March!

And I think we're solid on the laptop. If you guys still want to do the projector thing, talk to me or View Jon. It's his laptop so he'll know compatibility stuff.

Oh, and I want tons of footage. I want to make up for the INN 4 montage that didn't happen >_<

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I want a quarter match FFA with Me, Shiz, Taj, and DarkRain. Another one with me, Nite, Chad, and Kishsquared (Is Kish coming?) and one more with the afforementioned Nite, Shiz, Tink, and Viperboy (Just wanna watch that one heh.)

Would be my happiest moment in Smash if this came true.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
There is a possibility I could house two more people although it would be slightly crowded. Although if some on else could it would probably be best...

OTRU...

Smash Champion
hell yeah shiz n co, im glad that u guys r also goin to this since me n some of Noob testament r also plannin on bein there.

Princezane: thnx a lot for the housin offer, we'll def pay u back with gas money n meals, i havent had time to get on AIM today but ill def try to get on tmrw so we can talk, as of know its just me n 2 other members of my crew

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Again, there's tons of room at the Pizza Inn - you just need to bring a sleeping bag or something if you want (or you can crash in the chairs, it never fails that we have 2-3 people at least passed out at any given moment up there).

Housing is not an issue. It's a matter of comfort I guess :)

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
You could also have some people pitch in some money and get a room at the hotel. (if your wanting a bed or whatever your pleasure requires)

As far as the projector thing goes, I dont have one. If some one is planning on bringing one, I have a Sony Vaio so anything sony will plug into it. (and I mean ANYthing)

TAK$

Smash Ace
bring lots of pillows.

i cant wait, =D if i were to take a plane here which airport should i go to? and someone who could possibly get me?

just a curios question since we may fly instead of drive.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Im sure Ill be picking a few people up so just let me know what time your arriving. Correct me if Im wrong Zane, but isnt Memphis International Airport the closest?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I would say Memphis International; if memory serves me right it should be around thirty minutes away from West Memphis at most.

Edit: Beat to it :(

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yes. Memphis International (Airport code: MEM) is the closest, and yes, it's about 20'ish mins from WM.

Anyone that is needing to be picked up from Airport/Bus Station, send me a PM when arrival time, etc. I'm going to try to set up a schedule so we'll have some cars ready and waiting.

TAK$

Smash Ace
good stuff, thanks guys i'll let you know in a week or 2, just need a little time to figure this all out.

RAM

Smash Lord
Hey Shiz me and you have to get more friendlies in this time!!!

This goes for you too Speedn and especially Smashmac since we did'nt play at all past tourney.

Top Bottom