• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mangz, I went a whole nother day without sleeping. I went from Memphis to Tupelo, and from Tupelo to Montevallo Alabama after the INN. Those there who knew of the drama going down, I fixed it to say the least :-P. I also resolved the whole "smash" thing with Jodi, so I'll be able to go to more tournaments now.

Mookie > sleep

As far as the biweeklies are concerned, we can do D and raise money to make some t-shirts. I don't have the money to get the matierials, but if you guys want to do this I'll make up a design and we can get the stuff we need with around $300 and we would have enough stuff to make 100 shirts (although, I'm thinking that we shouldn't sell that many, either 30 or at max 50). The reason why I say 100 is cause anything because that much bulk is way cheaper, and I don't see the INN legacy dieing any time soon so since we have some time we might as well prepare for the future.

PS Rainbowmunchies ftw

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I think probably a mix of a/d. You should take money from the next one to pay for advertising and start a doubles fundraiser from the singles pot (not a lot of people enter doubles anyway, and taking half the money from it is turning people off I think).

If I remember right, you split some of the fundraised money and put some towards doubles right? If you kept the 1000 for just singles, that's 700 on top of the 500 they would normally get...that's a huge sum of money (lots of pros coming) and I think doubles needs to have that kind of appeal too.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
@ Iori- You want that contorller painted? At the next biweekly just give me one (keep one for a spare) and Ill put a paint job on it. Then maybe you could talk SmashterLink into putting a phat *** disign on it and giving it back to me so I can put a clear coat on it. Ill be home by then so Ill have free time to do some painting.

Nite

Smash Champion
I like the idea of the A/D combination, but I don't really know of people who will travel, just for doubles. I don't know though, maybe Husband and Wife would come then, because they beast in doubles. Kishsquared came last time, so K1 and K2 could definitely show up for doubles.

We'll see what happens.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Well, I had to miss the bi-weekly to go to another tourny... :(

Looks like I missed out on a few things. Iori won and apparently isn't evil anymore and Mookie came back and reclaimed his awesomeness. I wish I would have seen some of those Iori/Nite fights. There weren't any vids by chance?

Nite

Smash Champion
No, there were no videos of me vs. Iori. 8 out of 10 were Falco vs. Luigi matches, so you didn't miss anything too exciting. I'm trying to overcome my counterpicks with Falco even if it means losing a tournament to do so. I believe you can be good enough with a character to beat every character in the game, no matter what. So if I have to get that training during the tournament, I'll do what I have to.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
aw, nite takes one for the team :) Wheeeee!

And I agree Nite. Not as many travel just for doubles. I also even thought about alternating. Do the next biweekly for advertising, then the 2nd for doubles, 3rd for singles, 4th for doubles, 5th for singles, etc. but that would get too confusing and my brain would explode :)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
No, there were no videos of me vs. Iori. 8 out of 10 were Falco vs. Luigi matches, so you didn't miss anything too exciting. I'm trying to overcome my counterpicks with Falco even if it means losing a tournament to do so. I believe you can be good enough with a character to beat every character in the game, no matter what. So if I have to get that training during the tournament, I'll do what I have to.
Yes nite take my only chance of beating you and flush it down the drain. You are right though any character can be awsome enough to beat any and that is the way to go on that.

ps oh and jon i almost forgot yeah hook me up with a colored controler which color do you need of controler.

ps sorry for the long post tring to keep it short but can't to much to say.

-Chad-

Slackerator
@Brad- Yeah that's exactly how I feel.

@Nite- Yeah I also think with enough practice that any character can do well against anyone, which is why I'm trying to get away from Fox to play Pika more

Next time there'll be videos recorded, I was just too lazy/forgot to do it.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
@Brad- Yeah that's exactly how I feel.
Apparently bragging rights went out the window with Mario Kart on SNES, so now inorder to attract people we must put money on the line and hope for the best. Which it does create a more competitive atmosphere that I enjoy, I also like a break every once in a while to just gather and play friendlies all night. But I guess thats only me dreaming.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Apparently bragging rights went out the window with Mario Kart on SNES, so now inorder to attract people we must put money on the line and hope for the best. Which it does create a more competitive atmosphere that I enjoy, I also like a break every once in a while to just gather and play friendlies all night. But I guess thats only me dreaming.
Nah. I am the same way. Tournaments are great, but a huge smash fest here and there would rock. Seems like I get to play more people that way.

Seems like everyone is trying to stick mainly to their mains now. I know me and Chad talked about it during our friendlies at the last biweekly. Nite, I know you have always wanted to your falco to be all powerful, which it isnt far from it. Me and Brad have been playing with our mains more and kinda straying away from other characters. I still play with ganon and falco some, but I have been working with Link more again.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Thats just wrong, since everyone is going back to their mains does that mean i have to go back to Roy? Please GOD dont make me do it!
On topic. What calendar date is the next biweekley?

-Chad-

Slackerator
Nah. I am the same way. Tournaments are great, but a huge smash fest here and there would rock. Seems like I get to play more people that way.

Seems like everyone is trying to stick mainly to their mains now. I know me and Chad talked about it during our friendlies at the last biweekly. Nite, I know you have always wanted to your falco to be all powerful, which it isnt far from it. Me and Brad have been playing with our mains more and kinda straying away from other characters. I still play with ganon and falco some, but I have been working with Link more again.
Yeah, I feel like I've lost touch with Pika, which is why I didn't go Fox much in the biweekly. I want to get more Pika experience so I can stick to him more instead of playing Fox.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Dude i never told anyone but my main is ??? if you all wanted to know i only use him as a last resort that is why i use luigi oh and lance can we do a peach dk i don't know if its a counter pick but im sure it will be fun also i didn't know lvl9 plays roy

ps cow lick stick to a rubber tree bush

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Sarg - there's a really good icey how to vid that talks about all the desyncs and everything (which is mad crucial to a good ic). I forget the name, but for some reason "double trouble" keeps coming to mind - honestly thats just a pure guess tho.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Sarg - there's a really good icey how to vid that talks about all the desyncs and everything (which is mad crucial to a good ic). I forget the name, but for some reason "double trouble" keeps coming to mind - honestly thats just a pure guess tho.
Double Vision (what Zane's talking about): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU3NDDwt4M4
Avalanche (tutorial on chaingrabbing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPTFpBWZbIA
Two Climbers, Two Hands (how-to continuous desynch): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2Nz__r9dI

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Aha! I was close >_>

Edit:

Oh, does anyone have the darkrain -vs- mike g inn 3 video that I put on google video? If so, can you let me know we can set up a file transfer somehow, or if you can put it on youtube that'd be hot too. Thanks :)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Space balls dude that vid should be bannded and so should the ice climmbers there is a limit dude. Why is the tornement called singles and there are two people on the board, and that eqals three and that is not fair so the other player. Ice Climmbers are like a human and computer and that is for the doubles.

ps team work is for the birds

chamberlin

Smash Ace
If people are going back to their mains, I guess I'll go back to Fox... What's that? Oh yeah, I almost always play Fox... Although, if I haven't been playing Fox, it's been Ganon. Sometimes I like to gay it up with Falco also.

Good thing it just so happens that my favorate character since the game came out happens to be one of the best. :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
The Power Rank thread is up if I hadn't said so already. It's in the Atlantic South Area (same as this thread, yay!)

PLEASE keep pointless spam down as it will be monitored pretty heavy by the mods. Thanks :)

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I guess I'll go ack to playing Link

nah.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HAHA...::cough::...HAH...::cough::...That Lance is a funny guy!!!!!

Space balls dude that vid should be bannded and so should the ice climmbers there is a limit dude. Why is the tornement called singles and there are two people on the board, and that eqals three and that is not fair so the other player. Ice Climmbers are like a human and computer and that is for the doubles.
You are one funny guy Sith!!!!!! ^___~

Hopefully Link will be as good in Brawl as Fox is in melee. That way I'll never have to think to pick up anyone else. HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom