• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Woah, that was pretty sweet.

Anyway, new suggestion... could we possibly start having C option between D option tourneys?

Too early for notification for this week, but say for example we had a free tourney this week, and an actual for serious biweekly on the 15th like normal...

Would that work at all? >_>

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Hey mc cloud come on if you have nothing on the line there is nothing to fight for (fox quote come on)

ps im not complaning i love free things but chalenges are great to
I'm gonna have to go with the Sith Lord on this one. Even though I probobly won't win anything and am probobly just giving my money to Nite/Iori, I still like to have that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to chase after. Also, some of the money goes to INN V, so it's all good.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that is the spirt fruit loops for eveybody except cham he gets luck charms
Can I have Count Chocula instead?

IHSB- It'll be ok! Please, step away from the keyboard..we don't need anyone getting rash and waving their (large) missiles around! EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!! o_o

Free Biweeklies sounds pretty good, but I have to agree with Chamber that I like the idea of having something to aim for. It'd also be pretty lame to make suge a mammoth pot for singles and to ignore doubles. I mean, some people ONLY play doubles, so it's only fair that we work on the pot for that, too, right? RIGHT!:chuckle:

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Fun fact: As we all know (most of us, anyway), three of the Bloodline's most prominent members, Iori, Kyo, and Ichigo, are really named Tufyne, Ledarius, and Cameron. Why is this importent, you ask? I'll show you:

MIND=BLOWN

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
i have an idea.. Since we built the pot for some guy to come take all of it. How about we just say "screw it" and just split the money between ourselves.

-Chad-

Slackerator
@McCloud- Why make everyone gather to have a free tournament when they can stay home for free... you guys know what i mean, it would be a pointless friendlies tournament
Cause at home the only person(Ambix isn't a person, he's a level 9 with a shine) I get to play is Myz. =/

Also it's not a pointless tournament if you're having fun, I've never needed money as an incentive to play my best =X. I'd love nothing more than more oppontunities to get to play you guys. But I understand that people from AR couldn't come (cause d@mn that's a far ride, gas money = hell)

@Jack- Too f-ing funny.

McCloud

"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Thank you, Chad.

I don't get to play you guys enough, and I don't have the money to enter anything but the actual tournament at INN V.

At biweeklies, if you don't enter the actual tournament you play a grand total of like 3 matches, then singles start and you just watch. Then maybe you play a couple matches but then everyone's way too tired.

I'm cool with just hanging out with you guys; it's fun down there, it really is, but I want to play without having to front cash every time.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
@McCloud- Why make everyone gather to have a free tournament when they can stay home for free... you guys know what i mean, it would be a pointless friendlies tournament
Its not pointless. If we had a friendly bi-weekly it wouldn't be the same as playing for free here. If we play here we get to play, at most, two members of our crew at a time with the rare drop in from Prince Zane. But if we go to the INN for it that means most of our crew plus other crews(DML,STFU) that we only see every two weeks because of the distance between us. You know from our old school tournaments at Brad Day that we don't need money to have fun gathering. Bragging rights use to get us through the year until the next one then would make us train like crazy for it. Why can't we still do that? We have met our goal for the INN so there is no reason not too.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Why not have a free tourney? 3 reasons:

A. Yes, some people come focusing on doubles as their chance to shine, and I think it should be beefed up a bit if possible. It makes for a better tourney.

2. Money = Names (Team Ben, D.B.R., <insert random people from the US Power Rank thread here>).

And III. My goal for in is constant progression. Once we start to plateau, its hard as balls to get that spark again. We're on fire. We're one of the largest (if not THE largest) tournaments in the South, and probably the fastest growing in the US. Believe it or not, but we have a rep, and we have to keep it :) [/motivational speech]

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Hey i have an idea since we have to have singles and doubles why we don't we just have a crew battle and split people up till there is an eqaual amount

ex. me kyo ichigo, are three we can find another player to make four or five that will make for an interesting macth (quote from rock lee) every one gets four lives and after the first round it starts over like a doubles would be ecept you can change your charater now. You now have to duke it out with whom ever is left and it only has to be 5 dollars imagine 5teams of 8 that 40 bucks

ps its for the double lovers

McCloud

&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Don't gimme that, Jon. All setups immediately go toward the tournament.

And I didn't say free tournaments instead of biweekly tournaments. Have your doubles fundraising; matters not. I meant weekends off from biweeklies. Yes, I understand that not everyone can come, but for those than can it's just something to do on a Friday night before a biweekly night.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Umm, we did a crew battle using 1 tv about 3 bi-weeklies ago... And usually we only have like 3-5 tvs to work with nowadays. If people brought more setups, there's a very high chance of a crew battle or 2.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Im telling you McCloud, the last bi I played way more friendlies then actual tourney. I think there were only like 6 set-ups there. You could bring one and have it for "friendly only."

edit. Just come, it will rock.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
So i talk to gerbil and reflex and theres a good chance we might show up at the next bi weekly. GOD i hope theres a good attendance(Im driving a good bit for this).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wow... the next biweekly is this Friday right? Meaning Dec.8th. If so... it is as a tossup of go and have little sleep and work on project or not go and have more sleep for work on project. Id really like to see all these people again. XD

Nite

Smash Champion
I've taken some 2 rep bar virginities lately.

CO_Brad, Chad, and Zane- All your bars are belong to me. All your bars.

X2X- Good Shiz!!! I'd be awesome if you guys would come up here for a biweekly. I hope to see you guys there.

McCloud

&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I know I won't be coming to any "freeweeklies". I'm not driving 2 hours for just friendlies...
Which is, once AGAIN, why I've said that I already know that some people wouldn't be able to attend, but regardless it provides a place to actually hang out and play some smash. The INN is a perfect location because not everyone wants to drive down to my house to play smash and I certainly don't want to drive an hour to play someone.

If you don't want to come, stay home. It's what I do. And lo and behold, it works! Fabulous isn't it?

And yeah, 10 bucks is a lot of money. Value of a dollar, my friend. Let's not get into this argument again as it's been rehashed, stuck in the microwave, the oven, back in the refrigerator, reheated, flash frozen, packaged, and stored in the attic once too many times.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
No, the next biweekly is the 15th...

And also, I have been playing with the website a bit. If there is anything you think I should add let me know.

It's still under a lot of construction and whatnot, but I'm looking for ideas so shoot 'em over.

If you have any pics that want on, email them to me (princezane@gmail.com) and text you can also pm me or email.

Please don't post pics or text ideas in the thread as it might get confusing. Ideas - post, actual stuff - don't. :)

I plan on trying to embed the interstate video from inn iv, and the inn 3 montage on there for sure if I can find the files. I know the interstate is on youtube so thats cool. I'm not sure if you can embed google video...?

Oh yeah... the site is: www.innsomnia.com

Handorin

Smash Hero
And I clicked on the side... like forum, but it brought up history of INN (INN3 I think.) So fix the sidebar so it has correct headings. Maybe have an About INNsomnia page talking about how it started, where it is going, etc. Another page with past results of biweeklies and/or INN majors. A photo page, video page (or combine to make a media page?) A link to this topic... thats all my ideas for now

and I agree with McC, there must be Darkrain's knee.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yeah, I've actually got all that planned, just haven't gotten around to it.

I guess, more specifically, I'm looking for more info about the actual tournies themselves. Any significant details to add or pictures would be awesome.

I'm aware about the sidebar too. I haven't been able to come up with some buttons I like, when I get them all that will change.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Attendance does seem to be on the rise. Fizz, I like that post count number

DarkRain's Knee = WMD

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
311 is KKK three of the eleventh letter in the alphabet. Zero is a rasist!!! Kill him:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom