• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Wow!!!! I havent been to smashboards in quite a while. The Wii and Twilight Princess has taken over my life. I beat Twilight Princess and I have to say that after almost 3 years of waiting, the journey is finally over. What a great game it was.

But I will proly be at the biweekly tomorrow night. I have to play some tonight and tomorrow since I havent played much. TOO MUCH Wii PLAY!!!! But hope to see everyone tomorrow. YAY!!!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Zane- Awsome, hope to see that site develop. Also, I can try and get you that footage, but I need my tapes back. Hopefully I can get those back at the biweekly.

SLinky- Does that mean I can borrow your Wii? >_> <_< >_>

EDIT: FYI November 30th is now Houston High School Marching Band Day as of today. We just learned that at the school board meeting tonight. :lick:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, I had to go to this one because the band was performing for them and then they presented us with some stuff and made today our own holiday.

Myztek

Smash Ace
http://download.yousendit.com/A1C369681DD72B1D

Here's MUGEN for those who wanted it. I set up a small version with about 6 characters. I left two characters (Dan and Evil Dan) un-added. So you'll have to add them to the character select screen yourself. As well as one stage; Graveyard. This was so that Zero (I did this for him specifically) could learn how to add the stuff.

To add characters:

It's really simple. Just go to the data folder. In it will be all your config files and everything. If you're using a screen pack (a different character select screen mod), then go into the folder of the one you're using. In this case, it would be MFJ. Inside will be a select.def file. This is where you enter all of your new characters and stages. To add a character, just find a "randomselect" spot and delete it. In its place, put the character's name. If you want to associate a stage with the character, then type the characters name, comma, stage name.
Example:
ken

or with a stage

ken, graveyard

I jumped ahead a bit. Before you do all that, you have to put the new character's folder in the "chars" folder. Make sure the character's folder name and the character's .def file are named the same. Example: If the character's file is called Ryu.def, name the folder Ryu.

To add stages:

To add a stage, first put the stage folder, with the stage's .sff and .def file in it, in the stages folder. Just like with the characters, make sure the .def and folder are named the same. As well as the .sff file named the same. Example: Outback, Outback.def, Outback.sff. Once you do that, go to the same select.def file in the data/MFJ folder that you did for the characters. At the bottom is a spot where you can add more stages. Just go one line below the most recent stage that was added and type stages/stage_name/stage_name.def. That's all you gotta do.

To add music to the stages:

First put an MP3 file in the sound folder. Next go to the stages folder and open the .def file of the stage you'd like to add the music to. Scroll down to where it says "bgmusic = ". After the = type sound/MP3_name.mp3. Example: bgmusic = sound/song.mp3

Now you have music for that stage.

*IMPORTANT*
Also, double click MFJ.bat to start the game instead of MUGEN.exe.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hope to see familiar faces and some new ones tomorrow at the bi-weekly.

As for the song from that Nite vs. Chad match, the song is from the J-Rock band called Fairy Fore. They're good in my opinion.

I have a good idea for INNV!! Like, we should use the Wii as the system instead of GCs, and like, we won't plug our controllers in, but we have Japanese AV Race Queens stand next to the Wiis, and plug our controllers in for us and stuff. GOOD IDEA, YES YES!?

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Myz is God tier

Fizz- You're a genius! I wish I had thought of that....

Dan says: "Little girls tie bows, real men Saikyo!"

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
wow more friends im sad because of you mookie why is it that runway 7 is at your level what about the bloodline you lost the last mewtwo fight and now i want a go at it for i love low tiers and that is insolting to us.

ps Iori stares and then walks two steps then turns around and disaperas

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, since he knows where they live and might visit, Im assuming he was talking to them, not you. There isnt a need to mention you in a post directed toward then, otherwise he might as well say "Memphis except for Handorin." ;)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I can't talk about my wii id in public. There are laws against it :(

myz - can you link a few sites for chars and preferably a move list - i keep accidently winning and i hate not knowing what i'm doing, rofl

all the sites i find are covered in popups, etc.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
um... Zane you arent playing with your keyboard are you? Its amolst impossible to do anything with it. can you use a controller with it? MYZ?

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, i dont think ill make this biweekly. I've got a lot of work to do with finals coming up and we got this tourney on sat. and the SEC championship after that. I dont run well without my 10 hours of sleep. lol ill see you at the next one though

Myztek

Smash Ace
A few good sites for more stages and characters are:
http://streetmugen.com/site-us.html
http://randomselect.i-xcell.com/

And some forums where you can find out about character releases and stuff:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/
http://mgbr.net/

Yes, you can use a controller. Chad and I use a SmartJoy PLUS adapter that lets you connect your PS2 controller to your PC. You can get them online for around $15.

And the MUGEN community is a bit anal about people uploading other people's characters, so when you go to download a character it usually sends you to the creator's site and you download from there. I think it's kinda stupid, but whatever; at least you find some other characters by those people on their sites.

All of this guy's characters are good: http://www.mugenguild.net/~pots/

I'll add more info later if anything comes to mind or if someone brings up another question.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I have about 200-300 characters on my Mugen now =). I actually find it's pretty easy to do stuff with a keyboards, the only thing I have trouble doing is any moves involving half circle forwards/backwards, otherwise it works pretty well.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Hando said:
SLinky- Does that mean I can borrow your Wii? >_> <_< >_>
No you may not borrow my Wii. ^_^

MookieRoar said:
The various forms of Mugen mario are BROKE as HELL. Particularly Mario 64 and Smash Mario.
I like the sound of that.

lv9-I will PM you my Wii code, but I am not posting it on here. Extreme paranoia, ftw.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
welll the thing with wii codes are that both people have to put them in their wiis. so if someone gets your code you have to put theirs in your wii so you can connect. so 10000000 people can have mine but if i dont put theirs in my wii its a no go on connecting. Thats why i just put it in my sig.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Edited for a better post and to not be so random/off topic.

So the Power Rank list was announced. If you weren't there, then you lose because they will not be posted OR TALKED ABOUT on Smashboards...

... nah, j/k.

Kinda...

I'm going to talk to Mookie and/or Omnigamer about it to make sure we have permission to post such a thing.

I'm going to assemble the nice fancy wording and all that good stuff.

It's probably best to keep the conversation about it to a minimum until the actual thread is made. Until then nothing is in stone :)

Sleep time! Yay!

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Hey wht dose ftw mean and congrats every one on how good you did Nite i love you are the best. Fizz i have not fought you in a long time i was truely impressed with your progress. Smaster you did very well with the hard *** link. myztex (bows head in honor). Zane nice fight with co-brad you sshowed your moves. Great job co-brad you put up a great fight. lance ohh yeah. Mookie good teams you are the best (blows kiss). Ichigo im still the leader unless you can change dat.

ps hooray for tacos (sorry if i forgot any one there are certain matches i seen)

Handorin

Smash Hero
dang it... I was going to go to the biweekly but my parents said I couldnt drive and I needed a ride but it was to late by then >_<

Nite

Smash Champion
Iori- Ftw means "For the win" It's so good to see you posting man. Keep up the good work. I think everybody likes the way you've been acting lately. (I love you too. lol.)

Nite

Smash Champion
Good words.

Also Iori, whenever you want to post shoutouts, there is a thread specifically for the tournament results. That is where the results and shoutouts are posted. Just letting you know.

p.s. Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon is on at 8:30 - 9:30 tonight. Thought I'd let you people who like Dragon Ball Z know.

RAM

Smash Lord
Had to drop by and show some love back to Mr Zane and all of my other buddies tearing it up at the INN, Much love for the drop in ZANE, any word on a date for INN 5? I did'nt forget that I still called Dibs on Housing XP, if anyone will have us that is.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
INN V is looking to be in March'ish. Possibly a 2-day event.

I plan on talking to both the hotel and people in the area about working out housing situation. That will probably come around closer to the actual date.

The specific date is going to basically be whenever MLG is not. Hopefully they won't have a tourney in March, but if they do, I won't have it on the same weekend for obvious reasons.

If anyone knows anyone at MLG or knows when they put up their schedules, let me know :)

*Edit*

Oh yea. Um. Dangs. I forgot what I was going to post :(

*thinks a minute*

OH! Yeah! We broke $1,000 for INN V! Wootz!!!

So here's how the biweekly options: A.) We can continue to split singles, but leave doubles full (since not many teams show up - basically just like the last biweekly (12/2) was), B.) We can not split anything and give full pots to the winners, C.) Not worry about money and just have free tournies

I think honestly A is the best option. We can build up more pot money for INN V, which is always good. Plus, I want to actually start taking out a little (maybe even only pinch funds from 1 biweekly) to pay for the tourney advertising shown at the top of the smashboards page. It's $11 per week - preferably i'd honestly like a month, if not 2, for advertising.

Discuss.

EDIT AGAIN:
... or D.) we start a new pot fund raiser - let this $1,030 go for singles, and the new fund raiser can go for INN V doubles.

I like this idea too. A or D for me. Also still with the advertising thing too.

Discuss more :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I like D, Zane. Except maybe take some out of singles to go toward the advertising?

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
well, say 4 weeks per month for 2 months = $88

We had 15 people in singles at the last biweekly, which brought in $75.

So if the next biweekly we take the cash from the doubles and singles, and put it toward advertising, we would have enough and not have to worry with that part anymore, and focus on fund raising again.

I think that's best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom