• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V - 3/30-31 - Results and Shoutouts

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
If for every tourney you went to you had to drive between 9 and 15 hours I seriously doubt you would go to nearly the same amount.
Its a nine hour drive just to get out of Florida. There's tournies everywhere in the MW. You drive 30 minutes and you're in a new state.

Finally, I'm gonna give you guys my shoutouts.

Zane- Good stuff man. It's always good hanging out with you. I finally feel like we are doing something to improve the skill of our area and bring bigger tournaments to the mid-south. None of it would've happened if it wasn't for you, my friend.

INNsomniacs- We did it guys! We reached a nice goal of bonus money and it payed off. All I can say is let's do it again and hope for a better turn out. I don't think I'm gonna give shoutouts to a lot of you because like Zane said, "You know I love you."

Lance- Thanks for teaming with me buddy. If we just started playing more we will do better next time for sure. I thought we did decent this time though. If it's not C + D, it's done.

Runaway7- You know I love you guys. I don't have many things to say to you guys especially since I didn't see you much. Thanks for the support as always though.

Panhandle Manhandlers- I hope you fellows enjoyed your stay at my house. It's always a pleasure to house you guys. It was a lot of fun hanging out, playing smash, and getting lost with you all for a couple days. You know you have dibs and a more than welcome to stay again for INN VI. z('-')F lol

RAM- The Kool-aid was too d*mn good!. Also good matches in pools man. That luigi is even crazier than before. You are going to have to help me out with that match up next time you come.

Rice- That Falco has really turned into something beastly. I wish we would've gotten more friendlies when we were awake though. I'll make sure that we do that next time. Good times Asian Dave.

Boomstick- We didn't play many friendlies, but from what I saw...that falcon was hot! "Get on your side!"

Drumma boi- Work up that Fox boy because Peach won't get you anywhere. lol. Except for in doubles. It was fun.

Rook- "Tonight. You." We didn't play a lot of friendlies either, but you've definitely gotten better since last time we met. Good stuff man, keep it up.

Forward- Man, that falco is just something else. I didn't get to play any friendlies with you, but that Falco challenge was f*cking hilarious. We definitely have to do that again sometime. Good sh*t winning singles and 2nd place in doubles. Also, the nair to the pizza boxes was too good.

Darkrain- It's always good to see you and the KCMO crew again. That Falcon was doing some serious damage. That's what I like to see. "Darkrain Combo!!!"

Tinky- Whooo...you were tearing it up boy. I wish I would've played better in our pool match, but I can only learn from losses. We'll play some next time. Good sh*t placing.

Shiz- I love the falco man. It was good hanging out again. You and your brothers are the coolest. Thanks for cheering for me in my matches. I need the support sometimes. The set at the end of the night was fun. We'll have to play some more sometime. Congrats on taking 4th.

SpeedN- That Fox was very impressive. Thanks for helping me warm up the first day. It really helped me play later on. I need to play you again, so I can get used to fighting good Foxes. Thanks for the matches and congrats on taking 1st in doubles and 5th in singles. Too good.

Smashmac!- S-S-S-S-Smashmac combo!!! *Wins the chillest guy award one more time* I had a lot of fun hanging with you man. Our matches at the Pizza INN were a lot of fun. You've got a nice Doc. D-throw into tech chased f-smash is too good. I enjoyed messing around with the glitches as well. Sorry that you didn't play very well in your pools. It happens to the best of us though. You'll get 'em next time.

Chaddd- It was nice to see you and Cornel come out of state. Good sh*t with that Ganon. I didn't get to play you any, but I know that thing is beastly. I need to come to GA again sometime.

Cornel- Your fox is really good. You could turn that into something fierce with a little time. It was good to finally play you. We will play some more again for sure. Nice stuff in doubles with Chad.

KishPrime- It was nice to finally play your jigglypuff again in singles. Nice matches in the tournament. They were intense and I enjoyed having them. Nice placing man.

Viperboy- Good sh*t TJ!! That was some sick doubles action that you and Benny had going. I hope that this won't be your last tournament for a while. I was thinking that I was going to quit as well, but this was too fun. Nice match in pools as well man.

Mike Falco- It was nice meeting you. You are cool as hell and I'm glad that you made it out of pools. Nice pool matches too.

Jiano- That was some nice stuff in doubles with Tink. Also some nice ****** in singles. You tech chase so well. It's crazy. It's really fun to watch. I just love that Falcon.

Big D and Juke- I'm glad you guys came. You both are very good and down to earth as well. Hopefully I'll see you at another tournament sometime.

X2X- You know I would powershield that nair from Forward through the boxes. You know me better than that. Well, at least I can shield an Up+B!!! Hahaha. Fun matches and it's always good hanging with you.

Gerbil- Fun matches in pools man. Does that make up for that missed money match that we never had? Keep on pushing so you can beat my Falco up one day. A lot of Foxes like to do it. Join the club.

Lee- Very nice matches in pools man. Those friendlies were very good too. It helped me warm up. Thanks for playing me. I was starting to think that I wasn't going to be able to get a TV before pools. You've got a nice Fox and Marth.

Cyphus- I didn't get to play you, but it was nice seeing you again. I saw some of that Doc action though and it was sick. If you ever move to TN, we will have to play a lot more. Some of that bending stuff is entertaining. lol

Juju- That Marth looked really nice. I definitely want to play you sometime.

Plank- I saw your Shiek and it was d*mn good. I wish I would've got to play you some. Hopefully that tub of ice didn't mess you up too bad.

Blake- It was good to finally meet you. Your Falco isn't bad. You definitely have potential, you just need to get tournament experience. I'll come play you sometime in the summer.

Big C- Good stuff in doubles man. Good hanging with you too. It's good to see the midwest more.

There are so many people to list. I can barely remember all of you. Sorry to whoever I missed.

To everyone- I was thinking about quiting after this tournament, but you guys made me remember what I liked about tournaments in the first place. Playing and just hanging out with all the cool people. So I just wanted to thank all of you for that.
Dear God, why is Nite sooooooo nice.

DYC

Smash Champion
Its a nine hour drive just to get out of Florida. There's tournies everywhere in the MW. You drive 30 minutes and you're in a new state..
Were you born ignorant as **** or did you have to work on it?

Here I'll make it easy for you.

You tell me which of the following is bigger.

Nite

Smash Champion
Kyo- I'm not quiting. Hopefully we can get some friendlies in at the next biweekly. You trying to be speedy on me now?

Doodah- I guess I've always been nice.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord

oh my god, this is soooooo hilarious. DYC actually took the time to illustrate that guys stupidity. I don't want to make anyone mad, but thank you. thank you for the biggest burn on smashboards, to date.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So I've been productive tonight...

www.innsomnia.com - Click on the "Chat" link.

That should take you to a chat room - no registration needed. Make sure java is enabled.

Let me know how smooth this is: what kind of connection you're using, how long the load time is, how many people were in the room when you tested, etc. (Put this in a pm or email - princezane@gmail.com so we don't flood this thread).

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master

OWNED. lol, Midwest is bigger than I thought. Someone should make a similar map highlighting all the regions.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah I didn't go to this tourney cause of the drive but I wanna shoutout tooo

PikaChad - holy **** you're good. I've been using Pika lately so if I run into you again I wonder if you can show me a thing or two?

Nite - darn, I was hoping you were gonna win it :p oh well, maybe next time.

Chaddd - oh dayamn Chad! TOO RAW

X2X and Ihavespaceballs - I hate Samus but you guys rock

Forward, Darkrain, Tink, Shiz, I've seen amazing vids of you guys. Pwnage. The main reason I wanted to go to this tourney was so I could randomly yell "GET EM IN DA DARKRAIN COMBO" in my most southern voice possible.

and also cause Reflex is the best and he was there :D so here's my shoutout for Reflex! cause Reflex knows! *boozer juice!?!?*

good **** to all and thanks for hosting it Zane (maybe I can come to a future one)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would consider KY midwest. TN is no more south than other midwest states, stop being silly.

:p

BIG C

Smash Master
heh i didnt get as many shout-outs as expected and im mad late in posting but i dont cruise the boards at all really so get froooed.

but to Zane if i ever did win that bad boy i would totally demolish the boxes and it would look hilarious.

Nite - good hangin with u too mangz.

<3 tha brothers from FL are always too cool

I'll try to get pplz to come to this thing more.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Big C! I know what you could do...

Stack up the boxes and leap off a chair, then do a reverse one and a half somersaults with three and a half twists, in the pike position.

That'd be top tier :)

BIG C

Smash Master
lol obviously physically impossible for me to do. I would obviously take it down like the juggs would put on the army helmet if i had it. and be like silly ***** dont u know who i am I'm the juggernaut. or put on a weighted skirt and dsmash it to death. or attempt a sheik chop on it. or Mortal Kombat Sweep it infinite combo if u know not of the low block.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah you donkey and he's saying we have to drive through about 3 states to get to a reasonable sized tourney (and those are the closest ones). Iowa takes like 6-7 hours to drive through and for Kansas to get there they gotta go about 3 hours north in the first place followed by however far through Illinois/Indiana/Ohio.

Nite

Smash Champion
This is a shout-outs thread. Could we please quit with the "******" talk and stay on topic please.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Are the 2 vs 2 vids up?

My friends said they were awsome and I missed a nice comback from Shiz and Chozen.

That's what I get for playing so many friendlies O.o

Handorin

Smash Hero
Zane has my camera and the camera has the vids. Once I get it back, I can upload it.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
man, i love everyone thinks that the midwest just "pawn't h4xed" doodah or whatever, but seriously, you refuted an argument he didn't even make haha, it does take about 9 hours for him to get out the state, the size of your competitive "region" is irrelevant. Pete rules

So does nite, love ya midsouth, love ya Big C <3

rice

Smash Journeyman
yea...your guys 'insult' just made yourselves look bad. He said it takes like 30 minutes to travel to a different state, which may be an understatement, but when you highlight a couple states and call him stupid, you guys just make no sense, unless you honestly think that its actually one state......and yes, i hope the midwest is bigger than florida considering florida is part of a region...and you highlighted a region.

BIG C

Smash Master
haha DYC has a point tho as well. for them who live in missouri and nebraska it is a huge drive to any competetive tournies. all the MW tournies are in IL, IN, OH, MI tries but no one ever goes.

Handorin

Smash Hero
There was problem actually getting my camera back, BUT then my parents actually found out about it. So now it is parent approved to go and get it. (I just cant take "anything anywhere anymore)

So ya, this Saturday I (hopefully) can go up there and get it. (Right Zane? >_>)

Top Bottom