• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Revival Discussion~ Memphis, TN

Ambix

Smash Ace
Congrats sir.

One of your small points is technically correct by roughly 200 yards.

I'll be sure to apologize to the people living in the house 250 yards to the north for being presumptuous enough to contact their power company.

These people specifically:

Furthermore I shall go out tomorrow and measure the distance from the venue to the nearest houses to the north just so we can get our facts straight. "250 yards" is so vague.

EDIT:

What time does VTS get to your house on friday for drunk smashing?

I'll bring some mango rum.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
It's a road in Mississippi, so I'm gonna assume that a Mississippian named it.
Specifically this guy:

This is Bob Southaven, Jr., founder of Southaven. While hunting pakiderm in the woods one day for his father's derm packing factory, he stumbled across a land where the buffalo roam(ed) and where cops could one day be free to pull people over for going five miles over the speed limit. He named it after himself because, like most residents of his new town/city/village (all of who are actually descendants of his illustrious 2 inch ****), he was an insufferable douchebag.

Douche bags get an unfair rap mang.
They serve a valuable function.
I'm gonna wrap it up here because yoshiiscool is shaking his foot impatiently

Ambix

Smash Ace
like most residents of his new town/city/village (all of who are actually descendants of his illustrious 2 inch ****), he was an insufferable douchebag.
herhaha.

I shall now ruthlessly exploit your phrasing.

By your own admission you were a douchebag for roughly 16 months as you were a resident of southaven in 2008 and 2009.

I declare intellectual checkmate.

EDIT:

no, seriously. What time does drunk smashing start?

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
He said "most" :bee:

Edit: and ya, prolly some Mississippian thought "this will be the border" and probly some Tennesseean(?) ruined it by BEING DUM

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
what is going on in here
Ya know... that is a really good question. One to which there is an answer. If you have read the previous few pages, you might have noticed to the de-evolution of the discussion. After reading many forums I have noticed that this tends to happen once a troll comes along, someone insults another, OR the conversation just goes on too long. In this case it has been a combination of these three things.

And I too would like to know if/when there is going to be a smashed smashfest this weekend?

Myztek

Smash Ace
Wow, guys, you suck at this thread thing.

Okay, so here's the skinny that you guys have all been waiting for:

As it stands, I'm in the worse financial position I've ever been in in my entire life. The result of this is that the biweeklies will not get rolling any time in the super soon future.

Will they happen? Hell yes, they will still happen, but I'm not willing to commit to another bill which I have no certainty of paying given my current woes de money.

So, more than likely, it will be February when I can officially get this on the road. I know it sucks, and it sucks severely for me.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So since the venue we have right now is unpowered, what are our current options?

PowerPlay?
Hastings?
Somebody's house?

I talked to Doty (PowerPlay owner and my previous wrestling coach) the other day at middle school practice about what it costs to run tournaments there. He said it's basically half the Venue Fee. As for options this doesn't seem that bad. I haven't been to any of the tournaments there but I know the space is really small. If we were able to keep half the Venue Fee and 25% of the pot for savings for a big tournament, that might work?

If there was a Venue Fee of $5 and $10 Entry Fee would this be reasonable? I really want to get these biweeklies on the road, at least for the Brawlers (but I want to include Melee & 64 also).

Winnar

Smash Lord
I think that no matter what you do, the best thing is to start the biweeklies up asap. The venue may change from this one to the next one, but that's okay. There may be better venues, but time is slipping by for raising money for MSU D:

Also that sounds like a very reasonable venue/entry fee to me. I used to pay like $10/10 venue/entry fees when I was in Virginia

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I think that no matter what you do, the best thing is to start the biweeklies up asap. The venue may change from this one to the next one, but that's okay. There may be better venues, but time is slipping by for raising money for MSU D:

Also that sounds like a very reasonable venue/entry fee to me. I used to pay like $10/10 venue/entry fees when I was in Virginia

Haha, I see your true motives. But I like the cumulative effort of our groups. Sounds great to me. I'll talk to IHSB tomorrow and if he likes the idea of using PowerPlay then I'll talk to Doty on Wednesday and set a schedule with him.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Haha, I see your true motives. But I like the cumulative effort of our groups. Sounds great to me. I'll talk to IHSB tomorrow and if he likes the idea of using PowerPlay then I'll talk to Doty on Wednesday and set a schedule with him.
Yeah man I am completely transparent on this one hahaha

Top Bottom